BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 21 of 46 1 2 19 20 21 22 23 45 46
Re: High School Lax Girls
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
If I may rant for a minuet. Recently, on both the boys and girls high school threads, I have seen comments to people {being anonymous we don't know the ages or profession of anyone} about attending H.S. games. In some situations an attendee either didn't have a child on either team, or stayed at a tournament longer than some felt appropriate to watch other teams play, or traveled a distance some would see as too far, or voided a game for "scouting" purposes. These people were vilified by others, and even called derogatory names for watching a sport the love. Why is it only lacrosse parents do this. If someone went to watch a football game, or a basketball game between two good teams no one would care or say a word. Who are these parents to hijack a public sporting event and slander people for loving a sport. Are they the same people that complain that Lacrosse isn't popular enough and should receive more attention, while excluding anyone without a direct interest in any particular game. Shame on you for calling someone a "perv" or a "loser" for watching a game they love. I bet you're the same person making March Madness brackets at your office, does that also make you a
"perv" or a "loser" for watching that sport with no child involved. Maybe if we welcomed people into watch our children play the sport we all love it will grow and become bigger, instead of pointing fingers at people and calling fans names.

Agreed and perfectly stated. People are so quick to judge. Moderators, is there any way to post this on the Boys HS Thread and the Chaminade thread where I believe this was also an issue where ppl were torn apart for being fans/spectators at the games and reported back on a game or two.

I understand the point but there was also a point to those responding - if you were at Staples last week it was for a reason. Not just a weekend drive as a spectator to see a game. I am all for seeing a game that is nearbye, but the travel and traffic to staples is a bit much for just watching a game as a fan.
If someone has the time, and doesn't mind dealing with the traffic who are you to say it's too far, who made you the authority on how far someone els is allowed to travel to do anything. You are the problem with the sport. Why don't you tell us who your son or daughter is and we all will make sure we never go out of our way to see them.

I don't care if you go to games... I stated I understood your point... I just thought for this instance I'm calling BS; The poster didn't happen to be there. There was a reason... For some reason they didn't fess up to it.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Great league game CSH v Wantagh, Great scheduling of non league Manhasset v St Anthony, GC smoked Syosset, Pequa bounced back against OS but the teams on outside looking in to the super conference continue to beat people up Division +10, Lynbrook by 9, Plainedge by 10, SS by 12 somehow there needs to be a super conference B league

I don't think you will find a super B league is the right move. If you look at last year's B playoffs you will see teams like Division, Plainedge...etc. get beaten by 10+ goals by the power conference B teams and they had good records coming into the playoffs. I agree on the A teams..it is by far the weakest conference in Nassau County. The C's are even weaker except for CSH, who will walk to the county title yet again.

Leave the super conference alone but put the next group into the next division at least for the regular season. Let SS and Plainedge, Divison Lynbrook and others battle during the season. These games of winning by 15 just so you can get your name in newsday is a waste especially when they will be unprepared to play a Wantagh, Sett or GC in the 1st or 2nd round come playoff time. CSH could play their 3rd stringers in the C playoffs and still win because they have played a wicked regular season schedule

Stop with your super conference non-sense
Wantagh 7 0 0 10 1 0
Manhasset 5 0 0 7 0 0
Garden City 4 1 0 8 1 0
Cold Spring Harbor 4 2 0 7 3 0
Long Beach 3 4 0 5 5 0
North Shore 2 3 0 5 3 0
Massapequa 2 4 0 3 6 0
Farmingdale 2 5 0 4 6 0
Syosset 1 5 0 2 6 0
Oceanside 0 6 0 4 6 0

Top 4 are cream of the crop the remainder of the division is no better than Port Washington, South Side, Plainedge, Lynbrook, Seaford and maybe Oyster Bay and Mac Arthur. Any given year the remaining six "super conference" schools and those that I have just mentioned are all on par with each other. Farmingdale hasn't been a power in years in Nassau they play in the weakest (A) of the A B and C schools when comes to playoffs that's a fact. Wantagh, GC, Manhassett and CSH are a cut above all. Exclude those 4 and than look at the scores of the remaining 6 and the teams that I have mentioned any given winner and day fact.TW from Fdale would like to have all of you believe otherwise. So in a nut shell those schools out of the "super conference" play who they are scheduled against and hopefully the school or coach schedules tougher out of conference games. So to make the Newsday comment is uncalled for, there a multitude of good teams with some very talented players on them doing what they do. You see Spallina pulling Murphy out of the game against UMass Lowell "you play who is in front of you". Have at it folks, cant wait for the replies.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Great league game CSH v Wantagh, Great scheduling of non league Manhasset v St Anthony, GC smoked Syosset, Pequa bounced back against OS but the teams on outside looking in to the super conference continue to beat people up Division +10, Lynbrook by 9, Plainedge by 10, SS by 12 somehow there needs to be a super conference B league

I don't think you will find a super B league is the right move. If you look at last year's B playoffs you will see teams like Division, Plainedge...etc. get beaten by 10+ goals by the power conference B teams and they had good records coming into the playoffs. I agree on the A teams..it is by far the weakest conference in Nassau County. The C's are even weaker except for CSH, who will walk to the county title yet again.

Leave the super conference alone but put the next group into the next division at least for the regular season. Let SS and Plainedge, Divison Lynbrook and others battle during the season. These games of winning by 15 just so you can get your name in newsday is a waste especially when they will be unprepared to play a Wantagh, Sett or GC in the 1st or 2nd round come playoff time. CSH could play their 3rd stringers in the C playoffs and still win because they have played a wicked regular season schedule

Wantagh 7 0 0 10 1 0
Manhasset 5 0 0 7 0 0
Garden City 4 1 0 8 1 0
Long Beach 3 4 0 5 5 0
North Shore 2 3 0 5 3 0
Massapequa 2 4 0 3 6 0
Farmingdale 2 5 0 4 6 0
Syosset 1 5 0 2 6 0
Oceanside 0 6 0 4 6 0

Top 4 are cream of the crop the remainder of the division is no better than Port Washington, South Side, Plainedge, Lynbrook, Seaford and maybe Oyster Bay and Mac Arthur. Any given year the remaining six "super conference" schools and those that I have just mentioned are all on par with each other. Farmingdale hasn't been a power in years in Nassau they play in the weakest (A) of the A B and C schools when comes to playoffs that's a fact. Wantagh, GC, Manhassett and CSH are a cut above all. Exclude those 4 and than look at the scores of the remaining 6 and the teams that I have mentioned any given winner and day fact.TW from Fdale would like to have all of you believe otherwise. So in a nut shell those schools out of the "super conference" play who they are scheduled against and hopefully the school or coach schedules tougher out of conference games. So to make the Newsday comment is uncalled for, there a multitude of good teams with some very talented players on them doing what they do. You see Spallina pulling Murphy out of the game against UMass Lowell "you play who is in front of you". Have at it folks, cant wait for the replies.

This crap is better than Ambian.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wantagh was beating West Islip 9 to 5 with about a minute in the game when I left

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Bad sportsmanship and grabbing easy points is a joke at any level even with great coaches like spalina and rose

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wantagh was beating West Islip 9 to 5 with about a minute in the game when I left

Wantagh played a great game. WI parent

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What is with Connetquot JV showing up to play with only 10 kids?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wantagh 7 0 0 10 1 0
Manhasset 5 0 0 7 0 0
Garden City 4 1 0 8 1 0
Long Beach 3 4 0 5 5 0
North Shore 2 3 0 5 3 0
Massapequa 2 4 0 3 6 0
Farmingdale 2 5 0 4 6 0
Syosset 1 5 0 2 6 0
Oceanside 0 6 0 4 6 0

And keep in mind not every coach allows starters to stay in and run up the score! It's clear that many do but some coaches actually put their 2nd and third string in when up by 10

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wantagh 7 0 0 10 1 0
Manhasset 5 0 0 7 0 0
Garden City 4 1 0 8 1 0
Long Beach 3 4 0 5 5 0
North Shore 2 3 0 5 3 0
Massapequa 2 4 0 3 6 0
Farmingdale 2 5 0 4 6 0
Syosset 1 5 0 2 6 0
Oceanside 0 6 0 4 6 0

And keep in mind not every coach allows starters to stay in and run up the score! It's clear that many do but some coaches actually put their 2nd and third string in when up by 10
So the coach who is down by 10 but has one of those players with 8 or so points should pull that player also..... my point damn if you do damn if you don't, this argument can go either way....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Many of these high school coaches need to have their heads examined. Leaving girls in during a blowout is counterproductive. Less experienced girls could be playing and getting quality game time experience. Girls that have nagging injuries should be taken out when games are out of hand. Maybe even sit a player with an injury when you're playing a team you know you will beat. Too many teams around the island are playing their best players full games for no other reason then to pad stats. Same goes for girls on the losing side of a blowout. If your best player has 8 goals and you're down 10, why play her anymore? You're not going to catch up and you can have other girls get some experience. You don't have to be a coach to see that things need to change at the high school level. There are no scouts coming to any of these games. College coaches do not care that your daughter got 9 goals against the worst team in your division.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wantagh 7 0 0 10 1 0
Manhasset 5 0 0 7 0 0
Garden City 4 1 0 8 1 0
Long Beach 3 4 0 5 5 0
North Shore 2 3 0 5 3 0
Massapequa 2 4 0 3 6 0
Farmingdale 2 5 0 4 6 0
Syosset 1 5 0 2 6 0
Oceanside 0 6 0 4 6 0

So the coach who is down by 10 but has one of those players with 8 or so points should pull that player also..... my point damn if you do damn if you don't, this argument can go either way....

Very rare to be down by 10 but have a kid w 8 points so that seems like a silly point.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you are down by 10 and 1 girl has 8, it's probably because the coach has supported a one man team which is easy to defend and that's why you are down by 10. Team game folks, nobody cares that your kid is in Newsday except you

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Very rare to be down by 10 but have a kid w 8 points so that seems like a silly point. [/quote]

Sounds like he was making a good point to me, maybe slightly exaggerated , but last couple years similar situations to this were happening at Islip, W Bab, E Islip etc.....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yea our district its a battle between 3- 4 girls to shove the ball in the cage to get those Stats. Regardless if the coaches pet forces the ball numerous amounts of time and other girls are literally wide open ALONE by the crease , most good teams know the System of who's who , and make sure that ball hogging stat grabbing player gets shut down , Just think for once if the coach actually had a set of balls and made some changes on how that superstar moves the ball other then her few side kicks.. He would actually have a Great team not an inconsistent one !

If you are down by 10 and 1 girl has 8, it's probably because the coach has supported a one man team which is easy to defend and that's why you are down by 10. Team game folks, nobody cares that your kid is in Newsday except you

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Doesn't all county go to the girl with the most points, or if it's a tie the senior? Do yellow cards play into the selection? Do other coaches have a say or is it fixed? Also who decides on All American? Are the recipients all from top teams and does it depend on record? Sorry for so many questions but figured I would ask the experts. wink

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yea our district its a battle between 3- 4 girls to shove the ball in the cage to get those Stats. Regardless if the coaches pet forces the ball numerous amounts of time and other girls are literally wide open ALONE by the crease , most good teams know the System of who's who , and make sure that ball hogging stat grabbing player gets shut down , Just think for once if the coach actually had a set of balls and made some changes on how that superstar moves the ball other then her few side kicks.. He would actually have a Great team not an inconsistent one !

Very rare to be down by 10 but have a kid w 8 points so that seems like a silly point.

Sounds like he was making a good point to me, maybe slightly exaggerated , but last couple years similar situations to this were happening at Islip, W Bab, E Islip etc.....[/quote]
I'm she first of all, and thank you that was exactly the point I was trying to make not every team has a team of "lacrosse players" some teams have kids who just play to play...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Doesn't all county go to the girl with the most points, or if it's a tie the senior? Do yellow cards play into the selection? Do other coaches have a say or is it fixed? Also who decides on All American? Are the recipients all from top teams and does it depend on record? Sorry for so many questions but figured I would ask the experts. wink

The number and level of the end of the year awards:
All County, All League,are first based on team W/L record (if your team stinks, you're not making all county no matter how good you are)
second criteria would be how much weight does your team's coach have in the coaches association (a long term coaches, who have won county and state titles, have a greater say on who gets what and do more for their players than the math teacher who coaches the girls lax team for a few seasons)

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How the mighty have fallen, The traditional powerhouse D1 teams of Farmingdale, Massapequa, Syosset and Oceanside have fallen to the bottom of the division (Farmingdale is the most surprising) while the old D2/B schools Wantagh, Manhasset, GC and D3/C CSH are doing great.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You must have watched the west babylon mercy game also

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You obviously have no clue. When were Massapequa, Syosset and Oceanside considered traditional girls powerhouse teams? Manhasset, GC and CSH are your more traditional powerhouse teams and continue to excel. True about Farmingdale....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The number and level of the end of the year awards:
All County, All League,are first based on team W/L record (if your team stinks, you're not making all county no matter how good you are)
second criteria would be how much weight does your team's coach have in the coaches association (a long term coaches, who have won county and state titles, have a greater say on who gets what and do more for their players than the math teacher who coaches the girls lax team for a few seasons)

Don't get your hopes up.. Sometimes a player who isn't even "deserved" on their own team by their own teammates wins a county award bizarre and political. and don't forget when a family member is a coach, AD or the cockamamie position of Athletic Chair.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Good game for Sachem North against West Islip!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
CSH can play there 3rd string in the Nassau County final and win, then they will play Bayport or Mt Sinai in the LI final and get the living crap kicked out of there 1st , 2nd and 3rd string. just saying

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Good game for Sachem North against West Islip!

It was a good game. Goal for goal pretty much

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Suffolk A playoff picture

West Islip 8-1-0 8-2-0 155.030
Smithtown West 8-1-0 8-2-0 151.140
Middle Country 8-1-0 10-1-0 142.940
Northport 7-1-0 8-1-0 137.770
Smithtown East 6-3-0 7-3-0 128.080
Ward Melville 6-2-0 6-4-0 125.410
Sachem North 6-4-0 7-5-0 118.010
H H Hills 5-3-0 7-3-0 110.690
North Babylon 3-5-0 4-6-0 106.840
Riverhead 5-3-0 5-5-0 105.620
Patchogue-Medford 5-4-0 5-5-0 103.360

Outside looking in....
Sachem East 3-6-0 4-6-0 102.250
Commack HS 3-6-0 5-6-0 100.830

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
CSH can play there 3rd string in the Nassau County final and win, then they will play Bayport or Mt Sinai in the LI final and get the living crap kicked out of there 1st , 2nd and 3rd string. just saying

Stupid people who don't understand the difference between "there", "their", and "they're" make me laugh.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Stupid people who don't understand the difference between "there", "their", and "they're" make me laugh.

Just like CSH got the crap kicked out of them by Mt Sinai in 4 OT's in last year's LI final. I wouldn't call it a lock as of yet.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Just like CSH got the crap kicked out of them by Mt Sinai in 4 OT's in last year's LI final. I wouldn't call it a lock as of yet.

Neither of them is beating Bayport so don't argue about it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Suffolk B playoff picture

Eastport/SManor 7-3-0 8-4-0 148.220
Rocky Point 7-3-0 9-3-0 146.330
Harborfields 7-3-0 8-4-0 141.000
Westhampton 5-5-0 7-5-0 127.830
Miller Place 7-3-0 8-4-0 127.530
West Babylon 5-5-0 6-5-0 118.220
Islip 6-4-0 7-5-0 114.670
Huntington 3-6-0 3-7-0 112.740

outside looking in....
Comsewogue 4-6-0 4-6-0 109.220
Kings Park 6-4-0 7-5-0 105.280
Deer Park 5-4-0 6-5-0 103.840
Hauppauge 4-5-0 5-6-0 103.160

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Suffolk Class C Playoff Picture

Bayport-Blue Pt 8-0-0 9-0-0 174.410
Mt Sinai 8-1-0 8-2-0 163.220
Matt/Gpt/Shld 6-3-0 7-3-0 143.640
Babylon 5-3-0 7-3-0 126.750
Elwood/J Glenn 4-6-0 5-7-0 87.090

Outside looking in.....
Center Moriches 4-6-0 4-8-0 78.200
Hampton Bays 1-8-0 2-9-0 65.250

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You left SWR out

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
oops!

Bayport-Blue Pt 8-0-0 9-0-0 174.410
Mt Sinai 8-1-0 8-2-0 163.220
Shoreham WR 8-2-0 8-2-0 148.630
Matt/Gpt/Shld 6-3-0 7-3-0 143.640
Babylon 5-3-0 7-3-0 126.750

Outside looking in.....
Elwood/J Glenn 4-6-0 5-7-0 87.090

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Suffolk A is hard to call at this point but it looks like one of the four favorites will win it.

Smithtown West, Middle Country, West Islip and Northport will battle it out for the county championship. Who will the Suffolk A winner face from Nassau in the Long Island Championship?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Suffolk A is hard to call at this point but it looks like one of the four favorites will win it.

Smithtown West, Middle Country, West Islip and Northport will battle it out for the county championship. Who will the Suffolk A winner face from Nassau in the Long Island Championship?

Doesn't matter

2020 girls
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
anyone know how legacy 2020 teal girls are looking?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
GC beats Manhasset in OT at Woodstock classic today.

Re: 2020 girls
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

wrong thread

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

wrong thread

I'm sure they are hanging out posting on Instagram

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Neither of them is beating Bayport so don't argue about it.

Looks like BBP will cruise to an undefeated season and the LI championship . Can anyone from the upstate teams give them a game .

Re: 2020 girls
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So where's the correct thread then??

Page 21 of 46 1 2 19 20 21 22 23 45 46

Link Copied to Clipboard