BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 38 of 77 1 2 36 37 38 39 40 76 77
Re: High School Lax Boys
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
WHERE' S ALL THE CATHOLIC BASHERS?
Cham over Massapequa
St A's over Syosset

They're not CATHOLIC BASHERS
They're A--HOLE BASHERS
and you just proved them right

Thank-you for clarifying that child.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Chaminade was given that game. Offiial threw a flag that DOES NOT get thrown in OT in a game of that caliber.

So, which rules should be enforced during overtime ? Ignorant dope.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Chaminade was given that game. Offiial threw a flag that DOES NOT get thrown in OT in a game of that caliber.

The general accepted rule for officiating in a hotly contested game no matter the sport is a CLEAR violation of the rules, anything that takes away a clear scoring opportunity or anything dangerous or flagrant. Anything borderline, let the boys decide the game. The mistake officials make all the time is feeling they need to be involved and interjecting themselves in the game unnecessarily. I didnt see the play, was this a blatant hold in front of the net or something that took away a scoring opportunity?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
way to pat yourself on the back

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It actually was not a hold it should have been called the other way the offensive player held the defense players stick look at the film.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The player had no chance of scoring at that time-No chance-

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Proving once again that the officiating in high school lacrosse is just atrocious and something needs to change.

I would have to think they had some of the most experienced refs do that game.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The general accepted rule for officiating in a hotly contested game no matter the sport is a CLEAR violation of the rules, anything that takes away a clear scoring opportunity or anything dangerous or flagrant. Anything borderline, let the boys decide the game. The mistake officials make all the time is feeling they need to be involved and interjecting themselves in the game unnecessarily. I didnt see the play, was this a blatant hold in front of the net or something that took away a scoring opportunity?

Clearly a hold. Player's 3rd penalty of the game.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The kid ran into 3 players, and was in trouble, the ref baled him out.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The player had no chance of scoring at that time-No chance-

Of course not, he was being held.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Cham over Massapequa
St A's over Syosset

you are boasting about 2 games that were 1 goal games and could of went either way. you need to get a life!! how about giving the kids from both teams a pat on the back for 2 hard fought games.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Proving once again that the officiating in high school lacrosse is just atrocious and something needs to change.

I would have to think they had some of the most experienced refs do that game.

Thanks Ref!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Cham over Massapequa
St A's over Syosset

you are boasting about 2 games that were 1 goal games and could of went either way. you need to get a life!! how about giving the kids from both teams a pat on the back for 2 hard fought games.

I happen to agree with your statement about patting the kids on the back. That is how it should be. They play the games not us. They deserve whatever bragging rights come out of this (if any). I also happen to think that if the results were one goal games the other way the public school folks would have been lining up to put down the Catholics. both sides are equally crazy.

Enjoy these times while they last.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Cham over Massapequa
St A's over Syosset

Gimme a friggin break. You're the one that needs to get a life! That post did not gloat or disrespect any of the players on Syo or Massapequa. He was just correctly pointing out the absurd double standard when it comes to Cham and St. A lacrosse. When they lose to a top-tier public, its perfectly OK to bash them. "They're weak, they suck, overrated, they recruit from all over LI - how can they lose" blah blah blah. When they win these close games, the response is always - "well of course they should win". These St A and Cham players, through no fault of their own, are always put in a no-win situation by the petulant and insecure parents, most of whom never played the game. And blaming the refs??? This is beyond weak. If a Cham or St A fan tried this weak BS, they'd get crucified on this site. Give it a rest already.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Cham over Massapequa
St A's over Syosset

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Watched the film. Clearly a hold. Tough break for Massapequa. Thought they controlled the game and it was theirs to win. Can't blame if on the ref, bottom line it was the right call.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
bottom line is the games are turning out to be as you would like them, competitive contests. Yes at times surprisingly sloppy but that give those youngins' the chance to see no one is perfect 100% of the time.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
5/3 - SYO vs Pequa.. should be another great one to watch.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not the right call in OT of a game at that level. Maybe a hold. But if you are an experienced fair minded ref- that hold is not flagrant enough to warrant a flat at that stage of the game. Let the teams win it themselves. Not given a guaranteed goal by a man up. No way.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nice to see both games as one goal. Each could have gone either way. Pure parity between the best publics and privates. Long Island should be proud of the great talent we have here.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Basically an All-star team vs a Town team Great job Syosset and Massapequa......... Congrats to ALL involved they were both great games .....but extra KUDO's to the Town teams

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not the right call in OT of a game at that level. Maybe a hold. But if you are an experienced fair minded ref- that hold is not flagrant enough to warrant a flat at that stage of the game. Let the teams win it themselves. Not given a guaranteed goal by a man up. No way.

Thank goodness your are not a ref. Just because OT doesn't mean you don't call a hold a hold. Cham won it fair and square.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Says the chaminade mother

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Call me crazy but I think Port is going to surprise Farmingdale and Syosset coming up. Not saying they will win. Playing well at the right time. Could use a little better play from defense and goaltending but offense looks very strong.We will see but you heard it here first if the upsets happen.Just a few tweaks by the coaches and it could happen.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Call me crazy but I think Port is going to surprise Farmingdale and Syosset coming up. Not saying they will win. Playing well at the right time. Could use a little better play from defense and goaltending but offense looks very strong.We will see but you heard it here first if the upsets happen.Just a few tweaks by the coaches and it could happen.

You are crazy. And it's not a surprise if they don't win?? Your surprise is they won't get beat as bad as everyone thinks?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You are crazy. And it's not a surprise if they don't win?? Your surprise is they won't get beat as bad as everyone thinks?

I think if they play well enough they can not only compete but can win..The kids seem confident enough and it definitely throw a monkey wrench going into the playoffs

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are you seriously talking about the same team who lost to Hewlett and Oceanside ??

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think if they play well enough they can not only compete but can win..The kids seem confident enough and it definitely throw a monkey wrench going into the playoffs

PW can beat either of these teams. The face off kid is as good as it gets and we have people who can score against anybody. I guess we will wait and see but either way the games will be very tight

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thank goodness your are not a ref. Just because OT doesn't mean you don't call a hold a hold. Cham won it fair and square.

I just watched it. The only reason that was called was because if it wasn't, Massapequa would have had a fast break the other way. The hold didn't take away a Chaminade scoring opportunity. The Chaminade player was very fortunate he didn't lose the ball dodging into traffic.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Its obvious this person is not from Port Washington. The fact they say the team needs better goalie play makes it obvious. The 5 year starter in net is playing lights out. Like he always does. As for beating Syosset and Farmingdale they are really grasping at straws with that one. If and if your from Port Don’t let your mouth write checks your body can’t cash. Because its the players not the parents that are responsible for that.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes- Cham won fair and square. By the rule book. But just saying that game should be won by the players. Not the rule book

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nothing different. You are acting like the word championship and Kellenberg were used in the same sentence. They had a few good players come through and played well but they don't have the horses or should I say ponies in the barn.

Same brothers that run Chaminade run Kellenberg. Not about the sports

The coach is terrible. Get him outta there and maybe more kids would go there and it would help the school's finances. Nobody want's to play for him. Nasty guy. By having him there it's actually hurting the school's finances too.

That's interesting about the coaching. Didn't know that. Have a 7th grader but live in Suffolk. Maybe have to rethink that commute.

Just so I have this right, you're going allow an anonymous poster's comments, which you have no idea if they have merit, influence your family's decision on where your son should attend HS.

Retread his comment, then think about what he said......do you think he may have a problem with the coach because his kid doesn't play? Do you really think the admissions at Kellenberg are impacted by their lacrosse coaching staff? Is he spending too much on athletic talent? Lax balls? Are their uniforms too nice? How in God's name do you tie the lacrosse coach to the schools finances?

It reads like that guy has listened to too many Donald Trump speeches.

No it sounds - Must be from a Hillary speech

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Yes- Cham won fair and square. By the rule book. But just saying that game should be won by the players. Not the rule book

If its a penalty in the beginning of the game its a penalty at the end. There are no rules changes subject to the intensity, importance and or timing of the penalty in a game. A rule is a rule and the referee called it as he saw it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree any one of them could do it. Lot of one goal games. Connetquot beating WM yesterday with a lot of injuries. Both goalies were awesome. Shame someone had to lose that one.

Quots goalie was injured and their backup goalie as well as WM played great. Both looked like they had equal saves. Quot also changed their LSM. Little changes make big differences. They looked like a different team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nah. Maybe in PAL. Not in varsity sports where a game has more meaning emotionally and historically than the rules dictate. Analogous to NFL playoff game... Referee is going to give lee way to a pass interferece call which will give the offensive team the ball on the 1 yard line and virtually guaranteeing them a winning TD. That ref makes damn sure that foul warrants the flag and NOT just because it's in a rule book. Same difference. The officials cannot dictate who wins or loses.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree any one of them could do it. Lot of one goal games. Connetquot beating WM yesterday with a lot of injuries. Both goalies were awesome. Shame someone had to lose that one.

Quots goalie was injured and their backup goalie as well as WM played great. Both looked like they had equal saves. Quot also changed their LSM. Little changes make big differences. They looked like a different team.

Yes - they did and quot should do well this week against WI and SE
They don't allow for much depth on the team so this was a surprise.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Its obvious this person is not from Port Washington. The fact they say the team needs better goalie play makes it obvious. The 5 year starter in net is playing lights out. Like he always does. As for beating Syosset and Farmingdale they are really grasping at straws with that one. If and if your from Port Don’t let your mouth write checks your body can’t cash. Because its the players not the parents that are responsible for that.

Hopefully he will step up
And have career games so the upset can be pulled off. It's time for Port Washington to stop taking a backseat to these other teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes but the refs were letting the kids play all game and not calling many penalties. There were a lot worse penalties that were not called all game long. Refs need to be consistent and should not decide game.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Garden City wins Woodstick Classic 9-7

Page 38 of 77 1 2 36 37 38 39 40 76 77

Link Copied to Clipboard