BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,538
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 37 of 77 1 2 35 36 37 38 39 76 77
Re: High School Lax Boys
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Nothing different. You are acting like the word championship and Kellenberg were used in the same sentence. They had a few good players come through and played well but they don't have the horses or should I say ponies in the barn.

Same brothers that run Chaminade run Kellenberg. Not about the sports

The coach is terrible. Get him outta there and maybe more kids would go there and it would help the school's finances. Nobody want's to play for him. Nasty guy. By having him there it's actually hurting the school's finances too.

That's interesting about the coaching. Didn't know that. Have a 7th grader but live in Suffolk. Maybe have to rethink that commute.

Just so I have this right, you're going allow an anonymous poster's comments, which you have no idea if they have merit, influence your family's decision on where your son should attend HS.

Retread his comment, then think about what he said......do you think he may have a problem with the coach because his kid doesn't play? Do you really think the admissions at Kellenberg are impacted by their lacrosse coaching staff? Is he spending too much on athletic talent? Lax balls? Are their uniforms too nice? How in God's name do you tie the lacrosse coach to the schools finances?

It reads like that guy has listened to too many Donald Trump speeches.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nothing different. You are acting like the word championship and Kellenberg were used in the same sentence. They had a few good players come through and played well but they don't have the horses or should I say ponies in the barn.

The coach is terrible. Get him outta there and maybe more kids would go there and it would help the school's finances. Nobody want's to play for him. Nasty guy. By having him there it's actually hurting the school's finances too.

That's interesting about the coaching. Didn't know that. Have a 7th grader but live in Suffolk. Maybe have to rethink that commute.

No doubt, definitely rethink the commute if in Suffolk, SJB or St A's.

How about SJB? New coach. Seems connected to college coaches. Just a thought. Aren't we all sick of this pre-determined CHSAA Championship game?

Not a great guy! brow beats the kids same personalty as the Kellenberg coach. Has a bad reputation with his LI Rebels. Took money for tournaments and would not give it back when team folded? Had to chase him to get it back.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Coach should be disciplined. NEVER put your hands on a kid.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Love tap? It was a full out hit while yelling at him to "shut the f**k up". Never okay to put your hands on a kid. Totally unacceptable.

True, look at what happened to the Princeton coach, barely bumped player on the other team and next day.. he go the boot, should be the same for HS coaches, they should actually be held to a higher standard since HS players are considered to be kids while college players are men.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How about SJB? New coach. Seems connected to college coaches. Just a thought. Aren't we all sick of this pre-determined CHSAA Championship game?

Not a great guy! Verbally brow beats the kids same personalty as the Kellenberg coach. Has a bad reputation with his LI Rebels. Took money for tournaments and would not give it back when team folded? Had to chase him to get it back.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Check out the MSG Varsity website and their footage of the CSH-Manhasett game...CSH coach punches a kid in the helmet while they were in a huddle. The guy is nuts and this has to be the final nail in his coffin.

It was a love tap...cut it out. Coaches do that a lot and kids do not mind at all. Neither should the parents.

This made me laugh. Decades ago, when Chaminade played football at Hofstra, the head coach (Tom Kiley) was caught on video tape also. We had scored, and as the players on the sideline were celebrating and running from one end of the sideline to the other, Kiley was trying to get the extra point play from the coaches up in the booth. Back then the phone was just that, a handset with a cord. Well John Sherman got tangled up in the cord, and as her ran he was pulling the handset away from Kiley's ear. Kiley fought the tension as long as he could until he turned and whacked Sherman on his helmet three or four times.
You could lip read on the tape, "Goddamn it Sherman!!!!".

He was so wrapped up in the game he didn't even remember it. We told him we had the proof, my Mom filmed everything, and showed it at team dinner at end of season. Actually we showed it about 20 times that night, as it had the whole room cracking up.

No one was hurt, no one was upset, no public outcry....just a bunch of teenagers laughing with their coach.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Coach should be disciplined. NEVER put your hands on a kid.

Give me a freakin break.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Massapequa walked all over Baldwin. It was over in the first 5 mins. too many lopsided games in this bracket. Makes no sense. Looking forward to Chaminade on Thursday and Syosset and Farmingdale next week.

We need a super league like the girls have. They don't have BS games like this.

Terrible idea. So the best Long Island teams will have a very slim chance to win NYS. The conferences will be won by weak teams who will get crushed in states. The super league winner will be gassed from a ridiculously hard schedule. Result.......no states for Long Island. Leave well enough alone.

A High School lacrosse team will not be "gassed" because they play a hard schedule. They play about 2x per week on average. Come on, this is ridiculous.

Super leagues will not affect who wins Sections and goes to the State tournament. In the playoffs, the teams will play according to their enrollment (A, B, C), just like they do now. The best teams will still win, and will not be tired for a game against Yorktown simply because they played Ward Melville, et al in April. The Super League will simply allow for better games during the regular season. In fact, it will improve a LI teams chances of doing well at States simply because they will have more experience playing against the type of teams they will need to beat.

The only material difference may be that a team that compiles a top record in a non-super league may take a playoff spot away from a team at or near the bottom of the super league. So what - such team wasn't going to win states anyway.

If the girls have been doing it for several years and it works fine, that's all that needs to be said. Just emulate their successful roadmap. Pretty easy.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Love tap? It was a full out hit while yelling at him to "shut the f**k up". Never okay to put your hands on a kid. Totally unacceptable.

Why is he still working? Or breathing for that matter?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Just so I have this right, you're going allow an anonymous poster's comments, which you have no idea if they have merit, influence your family's decision on where your son should attend HS.

Retread his comment, then think about what he said......do you think he may have a problem with the coach because his kid doesn't play? Do you really think the admissions at Kellenberg are impacted by their lacrosse coaching staff? Is he spending too much on athletic talent? Lax balls? Are their uniforms too nice? How in God's name do you tie the lacrosse coach to the schools finances?

It reads like that guy has listened to too many Donald Trump speeches.

Then do your own research. But I bet you'll come up with the same conclusion.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who had injuries? WM or Quott?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Check out the MSG Varsity website and their footage of the CSH-Manhasett game...CSH coach punches a kid in the helmet while they were in a huddle. The guy is nuts and this has to be the final nail in his coffin.

It was a love tap...cut it out. Coaches do that a lot and kids do not mind at all. Neither should the parents.

Oh my, just checked it out.

Not that I am against or for it but if you thought the "little" forearm from Princeton coach was too much you wont like this. (yes a bit different because opposing team)

Wouldn't call it a punch but would call it good either. If you call it a "love tap"... yeah, like my dad loves me but if I talked back to him he slapped me one. and no coaches don't do that anymore.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not that I am against or for it but if you thought the "little" forearm from Princeton coach was too much you wont like this. (yes a bit different because opposing team)

Wouldn't call it a punch but would call it good either. If you call it a "love tap"... yeah, like my dad loves me but if I talked back to him he slapped me one. and no coaches don't do that anymore.

The Princeton situation would not have been a story had the player been on Princeton. He was on the opposing team.

A coach smacking a helmeted player is a complete non-issue, especially since we're talking about a high schooler.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Which quarter did this happen? I'd like to go back and watch the incident.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What he did is totally OK, don't be such a wimp.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Commack FO/Middie out for that game. WW should have it easy.

Why is he out for ww Game? Injury?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Moronic comment. You think the success or failure of the lacrosse team will actually dictate whether more or less students decide to go to Kellenberg? It is already a huge student body with ~650 per grade. They can't fit any more kids in that place. And pls share your wisdom on how the lacrosse coach actually impacts the schools finances. I can't wait to hear these pearls of wisdom.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If I had a nickel for every time my H.S football coach hit me up side the helmet or grabbed my face mask to make sure I understood him I would have about $2.00. The funny thing is it isn't the boys who complain but the wussy helicopter parents.
It amazes me that we had 19 yr. old platoon leaders during WW 2, guys who never left their town before going overseas. We baby the crap out of these kids, but they can take it if you let them. The problem is the parents, let your boys grow up and be men. They will be fine. The umbilical cord was cut a long time ago.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
JV lost 18-11 to Anthony's 7-7 late in the 3rd and then turned into a track meet with advantage to SA, I wouldn't call for the death of Kellenberg lax yet. Bad years happen, let's wait and see only 2 years ago they won the AA intersectional.

And you're crazy if ANYONE in the administration besides the AD is is remotely concerned with the success of the athletic teams. School has a waiting list bigger than some other schools enrollment, the president, principal etc. aren't too concerned with lax scores more with the actual SCHOOL part probably which has gotten the school to where it is.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If I had a nickel for every time my H.S football coach hit me up side the helmet or grabbed my face mask to make sure I understood him I would have about $2.00. The funny thing is it isn't the boys who complain but the wussy helicopter parents.
It amazes me that we had 19 yr. old platoon leaders during WW 2, guys who never left their town before going overseas. We baby the crap out of these kids, but they can take it if you let them. The problem is the parents, let your boys grow up and be men. They will be fine. The umbilical cord was cut a long time ago.

I agree, a lot of truth to what you say. "real life" will be a challenge for the kids without a trust fund!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I agree, a lot of truth to what you say. "real life" will be a challenge for the kids without a trust fund!

Let's hope the kid and his parents give their OK on this, there is more than enough woosification of these kids already. It was nothing extraordinary except it was on TV. No harm/ no foul. A love tap, nothing more.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Let's hope the kid and his parents give their OK on this, there is more than enough woosification of these kids already. It was nothing extraordinary except it was on TV. No harm/ no foul. A love tap, nothing more.

And yet the Chaminade JV football coach got fired for yelling at his players while he was driving the bus.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not a great guy! brow beats the kids same personalty as the Kellenberg coach. Has a bad reputation with his LI Rebels. Took money for tournaments and would not give it back when team folded? Had to chase him to get it back.

LOL. Get over it, your kid wasn't good enough. It happens.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
LI Rebels are not a good club. Stay away!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
SYO at St. Anthony's, today @4PM. Should be a good one.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lynbrook 7-14 over Wantagh. Great win for Lynbrrok

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All over the state today.

Cazenovia going through there gauntlet the next few weeks.
Victor cant snooze today.
Kuczma and the Combo JJ/RCK team are no longer undefeated but they will see what they are made of the next few.
Can St Anthony's have a good rebound game
Can SE rebound on HHHW
'Pequa and Chammy both need it, both have a heck of a few games coming up.
CSH and Huntington shouldn't be close but will any backlash rear its ugly head.
Dewitt hefty schedule ahead good prep game today.
Not sold on Lakelake/panas the other 2 school combo team. Sect 1 so inconsistent. but who isnt

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
oh yeah does anyone know if Hamburg for real this year

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Seriously, someone complains the coaches yells at a kid? I feel bad for any HS lax player that has never been yelled at, gets into a college where a coach rides the s%$t out of them without his parents on the sideline to [lacrosse] and moan and second guess about every little thing that happens to their poor Johnny. I'm sure not one of these parents that are constantly complaining has ever tried to corral and get focused 30 15 and 16 year olds for 2 hours after school. Only thing I have ever said to my kids HS lacrosse coach was "thank you" and he "enjoyed the season". And trust me, that coach used to ride the kids like Doc Dougherty in the good olde days.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have, I coached and I am passionate and loud. I've called out players, I grabbed at many a cage to get a players attention but never ever smacked them in anger upside their head. Wanted to but never did. I coached back in the 90's (when i was young) to very privileged boys. Their parents didn't care so much about the yelling, if it got to much they would have a conversation with me and we were usually on the same page at the end of the conversation (on my side - and that kid was set straight for at least a few weeks). With me it was not out of anger but tutelage and understanding timing, priorities and respect - life lessons.

I was fortunate (or unfortunately) to be put into an environment where a coach did hit a player upside the head. The dad said one thing to the Ad coach and staff...

"...Yell at him all you want, make him run or take time away... you are the coach, but, and let me make this clear... only I can put my hands on my son. Trust me I will take care of it... if it warrants, but you hit my kid and I will take care of you first pointing at the AD then you pointing at the coach. (All situations are different but all the rest of us could do was shake our head and think, the dad is right).

I am now a dad and been around the block. I have learned you don't always need to stay in a situation, if it is not to your liking or standards, just leave. No one needs to be a martyr. Some of our parents stayed in their jobs many miserable as could be, but they were told stay you don't leave. Why, because that was how things were done. Not anymore, life and things change. I believe their is a fine line of this woosification but I also believe we need to use common sense.

As far as the "thank you", just like everything in life, I too say Thank you to the coach, but only when deserved. Thank you's are not to be thrown around lightly. You can tell when a coach is doing it for the love of the game or the pay check. I have been disgusted by some of the coaching and development ive seen. AD's are no better, their lack of "want" to do the right thing and their lack of "passion" to get better has been eye opening. So "thank you's" are only said when deserved. Just like "Good Job", those seem to be handed out like candy, does a player who didn't play in a game get a "good job", NO!

Now the above is just that a situation lapse in a moment in time. This seemed to be a mistake in a heated moment. I am also for forgiveness since we all have our moments (as long as they are few and far between).

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
I have, I coached and I am passionate and loud. I've called out players, I grabbed at many a cage to get a players attention but never ever smacked them in anger upside their head. Wanted to but never did. I coached back in the 90's (when i was young) to very privileged boys. Their parents didn't care so much about the yelling, if it got to much they would have a conversation with me and we were usually on the same page at the end of the conversation (on my side - and that kid was set straight for at least a few weeks). With me it was not out of anger but tutelage and understanding timing, priorities and respect - life lessons.

I was fortunate (or unfortunately) to be put into an environment where a coach did hit a player upside the head. The dad said one thing to the Ad coach and staff...

"...Yell at him all you want, make him run or take time away... you are the coach, but, and let me make this clear... only I can put my hands on my son. Trust me I will take care of it... if it warrants, but you hit my kid and I will take care of you first pointing at the AD then you pointing at the coach. (All situations are different but all the rest of us could do was shake our head and think, the dad is right).

I am now a dad and been around the block. I have learned you don't always need to stay in a situation, if it is not to your liking or standards, just leave. No one needs to be a martyr. Some of our parents stayed in their jobs many miserable as could be, but they were told stay you don't leave. Why, because that was how things were done. Not anymore, life and things change. I believe their is a fine line of this woosification but I also believe we need to use common sense.

As far as the "thank you", just like everything in life, I too say Thank you to the coach, but only when deserved. Thank you's are not to be thrown around lightly. You can tell when a coach is doing it for the love of the game or the pay check. I have been disgusted by some of the coaching and development ive seen. AD's are no better, their lack of "want" to do the right thing and their lack of "passion" to get better has been eye opening. So "thank you's" are only said when deserved. Just like "Good Job", those seem to be handed out like candy, does a player who didn't play in a game get a "good job", NO!

Now the above is just that a situation lapse in a moment in time. This seemed to be a mistake in a heated moment. I am also for forgiveness since we all have our moments (as long as they are few and far between).

well said

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Good common sense advice. and enough common sense is genius.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Coach, don't yell at my little cherub. You might hurt his feelings. LOL

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
WHERE' S ALL THE CATHOLIC BASHERS?
Cham over Massapequa
St A's over Syosset

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Cham over Massapequa
St A's over Syosset

They're not CATHOLIC BASHERS
They're A--HOLE BASHERS
and you just proved them right

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Chaminade was given that game. Offiial threw a flag that DOES NOT get thrown in OT in a game of that caliber.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Have to say, Chaminade parents/supporters are really nice people. I have read some disparaging remarks about them on tis site and saw none of that today.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Chaminade was given that game. Offiial threw a flag that DOES NOT get thrown in OT in a game of that caliber.

It was a hold!! They have to throw that flag. They should have put game away earlier. Then never had the ball in OT. That is not the official fault. It was a great game , and they came up a little short. Can't always blame someone else when you lose.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Cham over Massapequa
St A's over Syosset

Are you attempting to crow about games they should be winning? These are public Schools... How did the Delbarton game go?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Proving once again that the officiating in high school lacrosse is just atrocious and something needs to change.

Page 37 of 77 1 2 35 36 37 38 39 76 77

Link Copied to Clipboard