BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,538
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 6 of 28 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 27 28
Re: Boys 2022
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Wow my kid is a 2022 and he's born beginning of September 2004. I see he's at a MAJOR disadvantage compared to kids on this board.
You also forget to mention your kid is also blind and has a wooden leg leaving him with more disadvantages. He also plays for a club team filled with Dad coaches and practices at horrible facilities......Oh and his parents are [lacrosse] as well leaving him with more disadvantages....

That is just totally uncalled for. Comments like this just proves what an [lacrosse] you are. Never attack a kid that way. I bet you wouldn't have the nerve or courage to say that to his father in person. You are just such a big man hiding behind your computer. You [lacrosse] are clearly [lacrosse].

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Guess you're one of those idiot hold back daddy's

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Holdbacks are born before sept1 2003

They are not. A holdback is a reclass. It is a kid who repeats a grade -- usually eighth grade -- for non-academic reasons. It is for the purpose of gaining an athletic advantage. A child who holds off beginning kindegarten because he has a late summer birthday is not a holdback. Ask any kindegarten teacher: he or she will tell you that boys are better off waiting if they are a late summer birthday. You might thing: what difference does a couple of months make. Well, it makes a tremendous amount of difference. If you know anything about development or have ever taken an developmental education class, you would know this. Particularly in the modern classroom where kindergarten is what first grade used to be. Students are expected to be reading! This is why pre-first came about in private schools. Kids simply are not ready for the rigor of the curriculum when they are months younger than classmates. It gives parents the prerogative of waiting until the child is ready so that they do not fail from the beginning. If you do not have the option and are not a private school person, you can opt to wait to begin kindergarten in public school if you are a late summer birthday. Do some research about school readiness. Any kindergarten teacher will agree it is advisable. And don't even get me started about a co-ed situation. Boys are typically a full year behind girls in readiness and maturity.

Don't bring logic to this conversation. Those parents knew little Tommy was going to be good at lacrosse when he got to middle school so they signed up to pay an extra $25,000 for him to go to prefirst because they knew he wouldn't be able to compete with kids his own age. HOLDBACK HOLDBACK HOLDBACK

Logic has nothing to do with it. If you think that there are not MANY MANY children held back in kindergartner for the sole purpose to get an advantage, you are either clueless or have no child in a MIAA school... The advantage could be sports for some and academics for others...and of course some could use the extra time before going to First grade...Saying all that..Youth sports is for age and letting a select group get an advantage due to them holding their child back goes against all values in youth sports.

My boys are at an MIAA school. And there are lots of prefirst kids. But you know what? Most of them don't even play sports. All of them were late spring summer birthdays that the school recommended prefirst to based on cognitive skills and preparedness for first grade.

Please tell me. When did youth sports get to the point where a 12 year old couldn't play with and against 13 year olds? My high school age son did. And my middle school son played in 2 year groupings in rec when he was younger. What is the concern? The kids aren't being recruited in 6th and 7th grade, so who cares if there are a few kids that might be a few months older than the rest?

You are full of it. I have Boys in a MIAA school too. Sorry..But many play sports.You can see the crabs rosters and the Crabs are littered with MIAA prefirst kids.. In the last years there has been a rise in number of prefirsts with the competitive nature of sports at MIAA and heavy recruitment that goes on there..Parents arent stupid. Hold your kid back, advantage gained. Frankly I could care less as long as it was confined to school teams.

Whats wrong with 12 year old playing against 13. I guess as long as the 13 year old is your son its great. Ever hear of fairplay in YOUTH sports. Ever hear of what is right and what is wrong? We dont give special kids an advantage over the majority of kids last I heard.
All the preaching about Character development in the private schools must have passed you by.It is a constant theme at ALL the schools.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
API Diamondbacks--Hold
Crabs--Buy
Hawks--Buy
FCA - Blue--Sell
Team 9ty1--Sell
Rough Riders--Hold
Bethesda Blue--Hold
Madlax - Capital--sell
3D Select--Sell
Cannons--Sell
Storm--sell

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow my kid is a 2022 and he's born beginning of September 2004. I see he's at a MAJOR disadvantage compared to kids on this board.
You also forget to mention your kid is also blind and has a wooden leg leaving him with more disadvantages. He also plays for a club team filled with Dad coaches and practices at horrible facilities......Oh and his parents are [lacrosse] as well leaving him with more disadvantages....

That is just totally uncalled for. Comments like this just proves what an [lacrosse] you are. Never attack a kid that way. I bet you wouldn't have the nerve or courage to say that to his father in person. You are just such a big man hiding behind your computer. You [lacrosse] are clearly [lacrosse].

Relax Francis...I think both of them were being sarcastic and joking?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Holdbacks are born before sept1 2003

They are not. A holdback is a reclass. It is a kid who repeats a grade -- usually eighth grade -- for non-academic reasons. It is for the purpose of gaining an athletic advantage. A child who holds off beginning kindegarten because he has a late summer birthday is not a holdback. Ask any kindegarten teacher: he or she will tell you that boys are better off waiting if they are a late summer birthday. You might thing: what difference does a couple of months make. Well, it makes a tremendous amount of difference. If you know anything about development or have ever taken an developmental education class, you would know this. Particularly in the modern classroom where kindergarten is what first grade used to be. Students are expected to be reading! This is why pre-first came about in private schools. Kids simply are not ready for the rigor of the curriculum when they are months younger than classmates. It gives parents the prerogative of waiting until the child is ready so that they do not fail from the beginning. If you do not have the option and are not a private school person, you can opt to wait to begin kindergarten in public school if you are a late summer birthday. Do some research about school readiness. Any kindergarten teacher will agree it is advisable. And don't even get me started about a co-ed situation. Boys are typically a full year behind girls in readiness and maturity.

Don't bring logic to this conversation. Those parents knew little Tommy was going to be good at lacrosse when he got to middle school so they signed up to pay an extra $25,000 for him to go to prefirst because they knew he wouldn't be able to compete with kids his own age. HOLDBACK HOLDBACK HOLDBACK

Logic has nothing to do with it. If you think that there are not MANY MANY children held back in kindergartner for the sole purpose to get an advantage, you are either clueless or have no child in a MIAA school... The advantage could be sports for some and academics for others...and of course some could use the extra time before going to First grade...Saying all that..Youth sports is for age and letting a select group get an advantage due to them holding their child back goes against all values in youth sports.

My boys are at an MIAA school. And there are lots of prefirst kids. But you know what? Most of them don't even play sports. All of them were late spring summer birthdays that the school recommended prefirst to based on cognitive skills and preparedness for first grade.

Please tell me. When did youth sports get to the point where a 12 year old couldn't play with and against 13 year olds? My high school age son did. And my middle school son played in 2 year groupings in rec when he was younger. What is the concern? The kids aren't being recruited in 6th and 7th grade, so who cares if there are a few kids that might be a few months older than the rest?

You are right. It wont kill my just turned 12 year ild 2022 kid from playing a 13 yo Crabs 2022 kid. But. It also wont hurt the 13 y.o 2022 crab kid to play 2021 (his true age team) or against 14 year olds in 2020 either.....righr?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
API Diamondbacks--Hold
Crabs--Buy
Hawks--Buy
FCA - Blue--Sell
Team 9ty1--Sell
Rough Riders--Hold
Bethesda Blue--Hold
Madlax - Capital--sell
3D Select--Sell
Cannons--Sell
Storm--sell

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Guess you're one of those idiot hold back daddy's

That is your response for a total [lacrosse] that said that about a kid? You are just as much of an [lacrosse] as he (or maybe you are the same poster) but you are a total disgrace.
Holdback daddy, no, I don't even have a kid in 2022. Why don't you go elsewhere and spread your cruel attacks on a kid, it is totally out of place here.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Makes no difference, either sarcastic or joking, no need to say that about a kid or his parents. It is way out of line and shows total disrespect. Mature adults should not be acting this way. Challenge anything you want but those kind of statements are out of line.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Coaches are allowed to check any rosters at anytime. If a player has a late 2003 birthdate and is in 6th grade it does not mean they are holdbacks.. Im pretty sure their parents didn't know at 4 yrs old when making school decisions the kid would even like lacrosse or any other sport they tried.
late 2004 parents who think their kids are at a disadvantage against 2003 kids might want to stay in the REC leagues. If you don't want your child to be pushed and compete against the best kids in his GRADE(club ball).
Mid birthdays are no different, either your kid is good enough to play against kids a few months older or younger or not.
Some teams that play each other every year know the personnel of he rosters. Most of the really good and even bigger stronger kids are late to mid days.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why are the Crabs not playing in the league right in their own back yard?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
everyone knows who they have played because they have played everybody from NY,Philly,NJ,VA and MD except Crabs!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who have they beat this year? not previous years? Crabs have played weaker competition all fall except MAdLAx and have not played anyone yet in HOCO. The rest of the teams have been challenging each other all year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why are the Crabs not playing in the league right in their own back yard?

Are you talking about the MPLL? RM said that he feels a Saturdays are the best days to practice due to kids not having school and being more focused. Thinks practice more important than games when they already play games on Sunday

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who have they beat this year? not previous years? Crabs have played weaker competition all fall except MAdLAx and have not played anyone yet in HOCO. The rest of the teams have been challenging each other all year.

Crabs has played FCA, Roughriders, Cannons(twice), madlax(3 times) since fall. As well as a controlled scrimmage with Diamondbacks. They were supposed to play 9ty1 twice, but 9ty1 backed out both times. They play next Friday so I guess we will see how it goes. We are 3 weeks into the season. Not like Crabs is ducking anyone.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We have some informed opinions, if not always civil, on this board. Who has surprised for better or worse? Who would you buy, sell or hold in this HoCo group?

API Diamondbacks
Crabs
Hawks
FCA - Blue
Team 9ty1
Rough Riders
Bethesda Blue
Madlax - Capital
3D Select
Cannons
Storm

API Diamondbacks - Hold
Crabs - Buy
Hawks - Buy
FCA - Blue - Sell
Team 9ty1 - Sell
Rough Riders - Sell
Bethesda Blue - Hold
Madlax - Capital - Sell
3D Select - Sell
Cannons - Sell
Storm - Sell

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Coaches are allowed to check any rosters at anytime. If a player has a late 2003 birthdate and is in 6th grade it does not mean they are holdbacks.. Im pretty sure their parents didn't know at 4 yrs old when making school decisions the kid would even like lacrosse or any other sport they tried.
late 2004 parents who think their kids are at a disadvantage against 2003 kids might want to stay in the REC leagues. If you don't want your child to be pushed and compete against the best kids in his GRADE(club ball).
Mid birthdays are no different, either your kid is good enough to play against kids a few months older or younger or not.
Some teams that play each other every year know the personnel of he rosters. Most of the really good and even bigger stronger kids are late to mid days.

Kids who have birthdays after Sept. 1 2003 have to be in 6th grade because they started kindergarten with 2004. They could not start kindergarten with 2004s. Trust me... I tried to send my kid. The school wouldn't let me!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Kids who have birthdays after Sept. 1 2003 have to be in 6th grade because they started kindergarten with 2004. They could not start kindergarten with 2004s. Trust me... I tried to send my kid. The school wouldn't let me!

I mean they could not start with 2003s.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Makes no difference, either sarcastic or joking, no need to say that about a kid or his parents. It is way out of line and shows total disrespect. Mature adults should not be acting this way. Challenge anything you want but those kind of statements are out of line.
Go ice down your vagina...Sissy

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not disputing what you are saying but that thought process can go the other way....maybe the "older" 6th grader should be the one playing REC if he isn't good enough to play with kids on his age. I posted earlier that my son was born premie in the summer and is in the 4th grade. He started with his club when it was u9 and moved up and is now on a 2023 team even though he is in 4th grade

Also, don't be so sure parents aren't making decisions at 4 years old? You would be surprised ESPECIALLY if they have older kids who are experiencing this now. I have seen and heard it with my own 2 eyes and ears from parents on my son's teams who have younger ones

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Funny

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Madlax 2022 is the best in this league. You'll see.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Selected games for MPLL and HoCo. Predictions?

MPLL
Hawks vs. Rough Riders
Team Nine One vs. FCA
API vs. Koopers

HoCo
Madlax vs. Team Nine One
Cannons vs. Hawks
API vs. Bethesda
FCA vs. Rough Riders
Storm vs. 3D

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
MPLL
Hawks vs. Rough Riders (Hawks)
Team Nine One vs. FCA (Nine One)
API vs. Koopers (API)

HoCo
Madlax vs. Team Nine One (Madlax)
Cannons vs. Hawks (Hawks)
API vs. Bethesda (API)
FCA vs. Rough Riders (RR)
Storm vs. 3D (Storm)

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
MPLL
Hawks vs. Rough Riders (Hawks)
Team Nine One vs. FCA (Nine One)
API vs. Koopers (API)

HoCo
Madlax vs. Team Nine One (Madlax)
Cannons vs. Hawks (Hawks)
API vs. Bethesda (API)
FCA vs. Rough Riders (RR)
Storm vs. 3D (Storm)

Oh great. Now you jinxed us.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That is what your wife does after finishing the five guys while you are at work. She must have told you about it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Funny

You must be that posters lap dog.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can FCA get back to back wins against 9 1 ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No
who care...They are both crappy teams

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Funny

Lotta anger there Francis! I recommend some PT training with Sgt Hulka to relax you.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Funny

Lotta anger there Francis! I recommend some PT training with Sgt Hulka to relax you.

No anger at all Otto, seems you are the one stressed out. I'll pass on Sgt Hulka but it might do you good to spend some time with R Lee Ermey, may get you settled down.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hey koopers dad...guess you can stop with the Koopers being undefeated now after your 11-2 loss.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hey koopers dad...guess you can stop with the Koopers being undefeated now after your 11-2 loss.

Who beat them??

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Diamondbacks

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Who beat them??

Diamondbacks. Koopers is a B team. They can't beat any of the good teams. Yet Koopers dad has been on here for weeks saying they are undefeated.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Madlax 2022 is the best in this league. You'll see.

Hard to prove you are the best when you don't even make the layoffs.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hoco Playoff picture is shaping up. Top 5 teams will make the playoffs.

3 Undefeated teams in Hoco (Diamondbacks, Crabs, Hawks) and could stay that way since they don't play each other. The 1st tie breaker is the winning percentage of the opposing teams. Hard to say who's opponents will have the best winning percentage. It could wind up that the 1 thru 3 seeds will be decided by how Hoco scheduled the games and not on-field performance of the teams.

Besides the top 3, FCA, 91 and RoughRiders are 2-1 and will likely take the two other playoff spots.

Crabs have 91, FCA, & RoughRiders left on schedule. Hawks have RoughRiders & FCA. Diamondbacks have FCA & Cannons. FCA has a tough couple games ahead.

Bethesda, Madlax, & Storm are 1-3 and need some help to make the playoffs.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hawks and diamondbacks win out crabs lose 1 or game.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
91 with a big come back win today over MadLax. Go win for a good team. MadLax is a team none will want to face in playoffs

Page 6 of 28 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 27 28

Link Copied to Clipboard