BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rating: 1
Page 21 of 220 1 2 19 20 21 22 23 219 220
Re: Long Island Top Guns Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Don't believe we played M&D 2019 this summer. Could be mistaken.
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Agree this team is not that far off from being a really good team.

MD beat the 16-0 that is really really far off
TG 2019 Black only lost two of thirty games this year, lost to YJ 2018 Blue in semi-finals at National Draw and lost to Hero's 2019 in semi-final at Club National Championships by one goal in a poorly officiated game, beat M&D and Skywalkers the only times they played!

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does this mean that all those little top gun players who at the d1 final sporting purple face paint and sporting northwestern apparel and the suck [lacrosse] parents who wanna do everything in their power to see that their daughter is just like SM , are now gonna sport hofstra gear? , I bet we will see all those little followers on the first day of school show up dressed and ready to go with hofstra written all over them ...too bad now all practices will be in Nassau county.. Happy commuting.. Let's go Shannon..

Originally Posted by CageSage
Shannon Smith - Head Coach at Hofstra...
Confirmed - story to be made available shortly.

Any thoughts on how the Hofstra gig might affect Top Guns? At least it keeps her local, as opposed to getting a job at some school out of state...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does this mean that all those little top gun players who at the d1 final sporting purple face paint and sporting northwestern apparel and the suck [lacrosse] parents who wanna do everything in their power to see that their daughter is just like SM , are now gonna sport hofstra gear? , I bet we will see all those little followers on the first day of school show up dressed and ready to go with hofstra written all over them ...too bad now all practices will be in Nassau county.. Happy commuting.. Let's go Shannon..

Any thoughts on how the Hofstra gig might affect Top Guns? At least it keeps her local, as opposed to getting a job at some school out of state...

It is sad to see someone so bitter, digging on little girls. GET A LIFE.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
thats a given. all TG practices will now be on Hofstra property as they have more than enough room. I am sure the school will love those future applicants running around and SS would have been stupid not to include it.

Part of most all coaches compensation package or lack there of is the use of facilities for Camps and Clinics to subsidize their program (fundraising) and the coaches.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not sure where the animosity concerning apparel comes from. Who cares who they cheer for. Pretty sure all you YJ parents walking around in your bee gear do the same. As far as the national championship game goes it was awesome seeing the support for Shannon. Try to be happy for a young lady accomplishing great things. Best of luck Shannon!

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are there any plans to start a summer clinic for the younger ages in the summer? Right now it seems like YJ is the only club that offers something for the younger girls. I heard good things about the TG club but it doesn't seem to offer anything for my daughter until 5th grade, unless I missed something.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Happy commuting? Is that how you put a negative spin on this? I have no idea if she would be allowed to use the fields and facilities, but as a TG parent we could only hope so.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You can say that again! What a sad way to live...so angry...

It is sad to see someone so bitter, digging on little girls. GET A LIFE.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not sure where the animosity concerning apparel comes from. Who cares who they cheer for. Pretty sure all you YJ parents walking around in your bee gear do the same. As far as the national championship game goes it was awesome seeing the support for Shannon. Try to be happy for a young lady accomplishing great things. Best of luck Shannon!

Even more awesome at the national championships was watching one of your coaches of your younger teams drink so much he could not function other then scream an occasional go Shannon.Excellent role model we were really impressed at how obnoxious he could get.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Honestly yes who cares who they cheer for ? , but it is funny that 3/4's of the program has no clue about Hofstra LAX , they only cheered for NW because of Shannon and still had no clue about the school , never knew squat other then tournaments are there , and thats where the LI lizards play. I bet the TG mommys did there dash already to the store and bought out Hofstra wear already... Can see it now !! lmfao

What a lifestyle !!
This is a ridiculous site were house wifes/lax moms sit at computer all day and troll for info on everyones next move !
Then goto travel practice and spread the gossip of what they heard about the other programs.. Seriously ... i guess facebook is so played out that this is what it comes down to.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Even more awesome at the national championships was watching one of your coaches of your younger teams drink so much he could not function other then scream an occasional go Shannon.Excellent role model we were really impressed at how obnoxious he could get.

The amazing accomplishments of this fine young lady certainly seems to bring out a lot of jealousy in some people. Better luck to you in your next life.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Previous Post about 2017 BlACK I agree a couple of defenders should be moved down to purple not aggressive enough also offense needs to move the ball more there are other girls on the team with talent.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree went to a couple of there games my daughter wants to try out for them this year defense is agressive. #7 is tough and has talent offense has a few girls with great skills i can see this team being very very good in a couple more years playing together.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You have to be joking? #7... You have to be that girls mom..serious..you think she will get a "RIDE" to Hofstra now??
get a grip get off the high horse

I agree went to a couple of there games my daughter wants to try out for them this year defense is agressive. #7 is tough and has talent offense has a few girls with great skills i can see this team being very very good in a couple more years playing together.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yeah. Almost as good as one of your coaches chewing tobacco and spitting in a cup on the sideline while screaming at adolescent girls. Get a grip. There's way more if you wanna go there!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Or a YJ mother (coaches relative) staggering around All-Star express drunk and yelling at her kid because she's not playing well.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Or a YJ mother (coaches relative) staggering around All-Star express drunk and yelling at her kid because she's not playing well.

Why don't you all just stop now! Unless you enjoy sounding like trailer trash.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Don't believe we played M&D 2019 this summer. Could be mistaken.
Agree this team is not that far off from being a really good team.

MD beat the 16-0 that is really really far off
TG 2019 Black only lost two of thirty games this year, lost to YJ 2018 Blue in semi-finals at National Draw and lost to Hero's 2019 in semi-final at Club National Championships by one goal in a poorly officiated game, beat M&D and Skywalkers the only times they played!
it was md united, not m&d

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My daughter does play for the 2017 Black team and it really was a nice experience for us. We would be happy to have your daughter. Nice girls and families. No drama. Just a nice organization that we are now loyal to and would love to see it just get better and better. I do believe stronger talent will tryout especially now that Shannon Smith is the Hofstra head coach. This will be a draw for girls that want to play D1 and stay local. Although she is not our coach, she did oversee the team and knows all of their names.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This was a nice thread until you joined it. Why the hate? Why do you care that young girls look up to a fantastic athlete as a role model? Who cares what school they cheer for? I can think of a lot worse things that young girls could be doing than going to a sporting event with family and friends and having a dream to one day be on that field playing that level of lacrosse. The thread started positive with honest feed back. No need to be a hater. Sadly, I think I already know who you are and I feel for you and your daughter. Try being more positive and this may help her overall lacrosse experience and friendships, It is okay to cheer for any college of your choice and in the end still get along.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My daughter does play for the 2017 Black team and it really was a nice experience for us. We would be happy to have your daughter. Nice girls and families. No drama. Just a nice organization that we are now loyal to and would love to see it just get better and better. I do believe stronger talent will tryout especially now that Shannon Smith is the Hofstra head coach. This will be a draw for girls that want to play D1 and stay local. Although she is not our coach, she did oversee the team and knows all of their names.

Thank you. Sounds like the right place to be. Solid organization, not too big, team with nice families, talented girls, without too much drama. Hope to join the group, and look forward to meeting everyone, cheering the girls on, and watching them compete!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thank you. Sounds like the right place to be. Solid organization, not too big, team with nice families, talented girls, without too much drama. Hope to join the group, and look forward to meeting everyone, cheering the girls on, and watching them compete!

Do you honestly believe that Top Guns is going to be better because Shannon got the Hofstra job? It's going to be the complete opposite. She will have no time for TG becasue of her commitment to Hofstra. That's the truth.

This is a great thing for Shannon. I don't agree with the decision by Hofstra and my gut tells me this could be a disaster. She is not experienced enough and is going to be way over here head. Unfortunately this is also going to be a bad thing for Top Guns because she will not be involved in the program that we all thought she would be.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It is actually a conflict of interest being a womans college head coach and having her own travel program ,having harsh thoughts about other programs,burning certain bridges only makes it difficult for recruitment , and she cannot just hand over potential scholarships soley to her own program players either.. This just becomes a mess.. great news for her to fulfill her dream as a coach , but not a smart move holding a travel team program , and certainly will have an impact on alot of her players who's parents are gonna have there Hand out looking for their big payoff. I am not a YJ or Topgun parent , just an avid reader and longtime LAX coach who has seen it all.

Do you honestly believe that Top Guns is going to be better because Shannon got the Hofstra job? It's going to be the complete opposite. She will have no time for TG becasue of her commitment to Hofstra. That's the truth.

This is a great thing for Shannon. I don't agree with the decision by Hofstra and my gut tells me this could be a disaster. She is not experienced enough and is going to be way over here head. Unfortunately this is also going to be a bad thing for Top Guns because she will not be involved in the program that we all thought she would be.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Top Guns will probably not change much. There will be times where Shannon's less available. She'll also have some new resources, due to the Hofstra job. Most teams are not coached by Shannon. She'll still have top quality coaches running things, and she'll oversee the program to make sure it's on the right track. There are other succesful travel programs run by college coaches, who are very involved. I think everyone's making way too big of a deal out of this, but I guess it's interesting conversation, during a slow lacrosse time period, with summer lax being over.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
It is actually a conflict of interest being a womans college head coach and having her own travel program
A conflict of interest arises when decisions in one area force decisions in the second. No such conflict exists. It is not as if there is a policy that you will play for Hofstra or you cannot play for the Top Guns. Your opinion sounds good on paper, but the facts are completely the opposite.

... having harsh thoughts about other programs,burning certain bridges only makes it difficult for recruitment , and she cannot just hand over potential scholarships soley to her own program players either.
Exactly how many scholarships do you think she will control this year? The current recruiting class would have been Abby Morgan's and it will be two to three years before the recruiting program will have Shannon Smith's stamp on it - short of just eliminating currently rostered players.

This just becomes a mess.. great news for her to fulfill her dream as a coach , but not a smart move holding a travel team program , and certainly will have an impact on alot of her players who's parents are gonna have there Hand out looking for their big payoff.
This is certainly clearer and more carefully regulated from a compliance perspective with the NCAA than a Long Island High School coach would be when they also participate in club activities.

I am not a YJ or Topgun parent , just an avid reader and longtime LAX coach who has seen it all.
That's fair. The College/Elite Program overlap is just starting to take hold in lacrosse. Expect this pattern to continue and likely accelerate in the next decade. This is yet another pattern where lacrosse is following soccer; just a decade behind.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Cage Sage - What's your opinion on how this will affect the Top Guns program?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You are all so kind to give your opinions how this is a bad decision for Hofstra and SS, but doesn't it work on boys side? Isn't Tierney a big part of team 91? Look at Maryland Elite Lacrosse Club, Denver Elite Lacrosse Club, Jim Nagle had a club team for seawolves this year and Spallina's are part owners of Team 91. Why not wait a year, see how it works out and then give your unwarranted opinions. Congratulations to SS.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You are all so kind to give your opinions how this is a bad decision for Hofstra and SS, but doesn't it work on boys side? Isn't Tierney a big part of team 91? Look at Maryland Elite Lacrosse Club, Denver Elite Lacrosse Club, Jim Nagle had a club team for seawolves this year and Spallina's are part owners of Team 91. Why not wait a year, see how it works out and then give your unwarranted opinions. Congratulations to SS.

Exactly...look at the Havoc/Dune Dawgs - run by Dowling coaches!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thank you Mike Francessa. Just remember. Opinions are like A-Holes, everyone has one and they usually stink!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Tierney coaches his son's team, he is not an owner or director of 91.
MELC is run by a HS Coach.
Denver Elite is run by the University of Denver Staff. All of these coaches have years of experience running teams and did not just graduate college.
LI Wolves is run by Nagle - once again a coach with extensive experience.
Team 91 is not owned by Joe Spallina. He coaches his kids team. It is owned by Brian Spallina who has no association with Stony Brook University.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Tierney coaches his son's team, he is not an owner or director of 91.
MELC is run by a HS Coach.
Denver Elite is run by the University of Denver Staff. All of these coaches have years of experience running teams and did not just graduate college.
LI Wolves is run by Nagle - once again a coach with extensive experience.
Team 91 is not owned by Joe Spallina. He coaches his kids team. It is owned by Brian Spallina who has no association with Stony Brook University.

Is that you again Mike? We got it. Now let's see how it goes. I challenge you to come on here and retract your doomsday opinion when it all works out. We rarely see the apologies with the same exuberance as the lynch mob.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"Tom Gravante, Head Coach of Mount St. Mary’s Men’s Lacrosse, serves as our Director of Coaches. As the Director and Men's Head Coach at Mount St. Mary's University (1993-present)."MELC website

"Denver Elite Lacrosse is a lacrosse club program run out of the University of Denver by Bill Tierney, Trevor Tierney and Matt Brown." DELC website.....TG has more than SS on staff

Check your facts. Stop being such haters and wish her good luck. Obviously, it can be done without hurting the organization. That was my point JACKASS!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"Tom Gravante, Head Coach of Mount St. Mary’s Men’s Lacrosse, serves as our Director of Coaches. As the Director and Men's Head Coach at Mount St. Mary's University (1993-present)."MELC website

"Denver Elite Lacrosse is a lacrosse club program run out of the University of Denver by Bill Tierney, Trevor Tierney and Matt Brown." DELC website.....TG has more than SS on staff

Check your facts. Stop being such haters and wish her good luck. Obviously, it can be done without hurting the organization. That was my point JACKASS!

Was a good post until you stooped to name calling at the end. Cmon...you are better than that and I agree SS will do great cause she is a strong woman and failure is not in her vocabulary. Please don't stoop to the level others do on other club threads, TGs don't do that. Thanks

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Let me answer this question with another question.

There are plenty of "professional lacrosse coaches" that have other jobs. Whether a school teacher who augments their salary through club or High School coaching or a business man who runs an elite program during the summer, the individual balances both careers/roles. Do their "main jobs" impact their club programs?

There is nothing here that immediately suggests any impact to the Top Guns program. In fact, one could argue that Coach Smith's Long Island residency during the 30-weeks of class sessions will actually augment the Top Guns program.

Could the talent from the Top Guns have a pipeline from club ball into Hofstra's program? Certainly.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Great answer. It's been done many, many times, especially in the soccer world, as I think you mentioned before...Thanks for your take on it Cage Sage!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There are plenty of "professional lacrosse coaches" that have other jobs. Whether a school teacher who augments their salary through club or High School coaching or a business man who runs an elite program during the summer, the individual balances both careers/roles. Do their "main jobs" impact their club programs?

There is nothing here that immediately suggests any impact to the Top Guns program. In fact, one could argue that Coach Smith's Long Island residency during the 30-weeks of class sessions will actually augment the Top Guns program.

Could the talent from the Top Guns have a pipeline from club ball into Hofstra's program? Certainly.

As a very proud yellow jacket parent, let me just say that I wish Smith the best of luck at Hofstra. I think it's great that long island has some really good choices for people that want to stay local. And I honestly believe that she will draw some good athletes to Hofstra. I teach my kids that when someone is knocking someone else down it's usually only to make themselves look better...I think that pertains to both sides here. Can we all grow up a little and show the kids that read these boards, and they do, what is really important here. Best of luck to Smith at Hofstra!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

As a very proud yellow jacket parent, let me just say that I wish Smith the best of luck at Hofstra. I think it's great that long island has some really good choices for people that want to stay local. And I honestly believe that she will draw some good athletes to Hofstra. I teach my kids that when someone is knocking someone else down it's usually only to make themselves look better...I think that pertains to both sides here. Can we all grow up a little and show the kids that read these boards, and they do, what is really important here. Best of luck to Smith at Hofstra!

As a TG parent I love your post and agree whole heartedly. Hope the rest can do the same.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm new to the travel lax world. Just wondering does Top Guns start for girls entering fifth grade or do they have a little Guns developmental program also. Thank you.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I too am a TG parent and really appreciate your comment. When it comes down to it, we really need to be positive role models for the girls that read these posts and realize that both clubs have some great athletes. One day, girls from both clubs can turn out being teammates in HS or in college.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm new to the travel lax world. Just wondering does Top Guns start for girls entering fifth grade or do they have a little Guns developmental program also. Thank you.
Yes it does start with girls going into 5th grade, but they typically have a handful of younger kids who tryout and make the team.

Like Reply Quote
Page 21 of 220 1 2 19 20 21 22 23 219 220
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard