BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 26 of 66 1 2 24 25 26 27 28 65 66
Re: Looney's Boys Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
So Looneys...what did you have to do/pay/promise to get Howard county to look the other way while you bring your illegal player up from Florida? Would love to know because there are some more rules that maybe we could all get them to ignore.
. I have an idea, how about we all ignore an [lacrosse] like you. Not associated with Looneys but really tired of you ladies getting your panties all twisted. Go find something important to stress out about because this shouldn't be it.

Mmhmm not associated with Looneys. How about you all fins some integrity?
. Good grief, get a grip. Stressing over something that doesn't even involve you.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No skin in the game, but if the kid is age appropriate why does it matter? The other kids should feel priviledged to be playing against the best players in the game. Isn't that what everyone wants (kids, coaches and parents)? When my son was a U13 and U15 player that was among the highlights playing against the top kids and teams. Not a fan of the current holdback scenario at the youth level, but playing against the best should be. Learn alot more losing 8 - 7, than winning 12 - 0! Enjoy these times! Once at the high school level you will realize how silly most of this chatter is!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don't disagree with post above. At least he is on age. The problem is the HOCO rules are not being enforced and this is just another one they are letting slide.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So Looneys...what did you have to do/pay/promise to get Howard county to look the other way while you bring your illegal player up from Florida? Would love to know because there are some more rules that maybe we could all get them to ignore.
. I have an idea, how about we all ignore an [lacrosse] like you. Not associated with Looneys but really tired of you ladies getting your panties all twisted. Go find something important to stress out about because this shouldn't be it.

. Good grief, get a grip. Stressing over something that doesn't even involve you.

It involves every kid in the league as they learn that rules don't matter and the connected can do whatever they please.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It involves every kid in the league as they learn that rules don't matter and the connected can do whatever they please.

Sorry but learning that in 8th grade can help them become the next CEO of all these large company's. This lesson is what the 1% ers have mastered and use every day to run this world.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don't know why the Sons aren't protesting. They lost like every face. They most likely win that game if the flogo isn't there.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sorry but learning that in 8th grade can help them become the next CEO of all these large company's. This lesson is what the 1% ers have mastered and use every day to run this world.

Yes, let's all teach our kids that rules don't matter when they conflict with our interests...nice.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don't know why the Sons aren't protesting. They lost like every face. They most likely win that game if the flogo isn't there.
. Wrong. I was at the game before the Son's game and stayed to watch with my son. Even if the Sons won every face off they would not beat Looneys. Looneys controlled the game from the beginning. Sons outplayed in every facet. Looney's started subbing in last period and Sons got a few more goals but prior to that it wasn't close. That said, Sons is a nice team and played hard, never gave up.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is the club that kicked their 2017 and 2018 kids to the curb. Classless jerks.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is the club that kicked their 2017 and 2018 kids to the curb. Classless jerks.
. What does that have to do with anything? Was your son on one of those teams or do you just like to [lacrosse] about anything, even when you have nothing to do with it. Well Ollie, what is it?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How about the Looneys coach Knowing he's cheating. That's different than the crabs how??

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
. Wrong. I was at the game before the Son's game and stayed to watch with my son. Even if the Sons won every face off they would not beat Looneys. Looneys controlled the game from the beginning. Sons outplayed in every facet. Looney's started subbing in last period and Sons got a few more goals but prior to that it wasn't close. That said, Sons is a nice team and played hard, never gave up.
uh hey looneys dad, nice try. I was there for the game and Looneys struggled to score. I'm sure the sons with 14 more possessions would have put up 5 more goals. And there were clearly kids that never even saw the field. go back to the bar

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
. What does that have to do with anything? Was your son on one of those teams or do you just like to [lacrosse] about anything, even when you have nothing to do with it. Well Ollie, what is it?

Defensive. Guess you have to be when that club is falling apart.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
uh hey looneys dad, nice try. I was there for the game and Looneys struggled to score. I'm sure the sons with 14 more possessions would have put up 5 more goals. And there were clearly kids that never even saw the field. go back to the bar

Guess you can't read. I saw the game after my sons game, we stayed to watch. All that Sons did on defense was to clog the middle forcing only outside shots, very few goals scored by Looney's in close. That was Sons game plan and they played it well. I saw every Looney's player see action, they ran three midfields and in the last period the third midfield saw more time. My son is friends with a few Looney's players and he knows many others, this is how we know all Looney's players saw action. Sons with 14 more possessions wouldn't have related to 5 more goals, up until the last period they struggled to score every time they had the ball. Not associated with Looney's but it seems you missed things in this game. Maybe you were hoping for a different outcome.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That doesn't seem defensive, the poster just asked a question and you have no answer. I sort of agree with the poster, some just like to complain about anything, even if it has nothing to do with them.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That doesn't seem defensive, the poster just asked a question and you have no answer. I sort of agree with the poster, some just like to complain about anything, even if it has nothing to do with them.

Any team they have played or have potential to play can have a complaint about the fact that they are breakng a well known written rule. Especially if the league that wrote the rule is aware of it and doing nothing.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Instead of developing players, Looney's brings in guys from FL. LOL.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
FYI...Looney's turns away players on a regular basis.
Kids who want to play for them, and play the best other teams.
Unlike some, we don't use guest players...our team is set for the year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sons just really don't score that much against quality teams. The just aren't that strong offensively.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Don't use guest players? What do you call a kid that flies in from Florida to play in a portion of the team's games?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
He plays for the program all summer. He is moving to Baltimore this summer. He is not a guest player, just wants to play with the best

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Don't use guest players? What do you call a kid that flies in from Florida to play in a portion of the team's games?

He is not a guest player, has been with the team for two years. He came to Maryland to play for a strong club team and he and his parents had two teams in mind and he tried out for each team and he selected Looney's because of the coaching, other team members and the overall feel of the Looney's program. And, the other clue he tried out for was not Crabs, wasn't interested in Crabs. So again, he is not a guest player.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Or the playing restrictions his parents demanded didn't fly with the club owners.

Does he do anything but FOGO?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Call it what you want. If he wanted to play for the best, why is he with Looneys? What a second rate organization they have become. While they have a bunch of teams, only one is at all competitive with top competition. But it let's KD keep on keeping on.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I'm pretty sure your son is not a 2017 or 2018. Since the Looney's kicked those families to the curb.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
He plays for the program all summer. He is moving to Baltimore this summer. He is not a guest player, just wants to play with the best

Just because Looneys includes him on on their roster year round, the fact remains he only comes up for some games until summer time. He is also listed on the roster for a Florida high school team and plays with them making him ineligible for certain tournaments AND the hoco league. You are breaking the rules.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I'm pretty sure your son is not a 2017 or 2018. Since the Looney's kicked those families to the curb.

They didn't kick them to the curb. They realized that both teams were not that strong and would struggle in any league or tournament they would be in. Rather than expose them to this, they gave these players an opportunity to find other teams that would have better results. Plus, they gave these players the chance to either keep the teams or move on.
This was a fair and honest move on the part of Looney's and all of the players did find other teams to hook up with. And, this was done very early on so no one had to scramble to find a team.
I just love it when butt heads come on a forum and just regurgitate crap that they heard or think they feel they know what is going on when in actuality they know crap.
Start paying attention to your own son and stop posting thinks that are incorrect.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Call it what you want. If he wanted to play for the best, why is he with Looneys? What a second rate organization they have become. While they have a bunch of teams, only one is at all competitive with top competition. But it let's KD keep on keeping on.

Must be a Crab dad posting this junk.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Just because Looneys includes him on on their roster year round, the fact remains he only comes up for some games until summer time. He is also listed on the roster for a Florida high school team and plays with them making him ineligible for certain tournaments AND the hoco league. You are breaking the rules.

Go read the rules again, very carefully.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If your sons team had a player doing this you would be finding all kinds of reasons to justify it. You know it and everyone else knows it. You just need to drop it and move on.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Must be a Crab dad posting this junk.

You are probably correct, a Crabs dad taking every opportunity to take a cheap shot at another club/program. Typical Crabs.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If your sons team had a player doing this you would be finding all kinds of reasons to justify it. You know it and everyone else knows it. You just need to drop it and move on.

Absolutely not. Some people try to teach their kids right from wrong. What you need to do is stop justifying what you are doing and follow the rules put in place for everyone. Hoco ignoring the rules does not make it the right thing to do and teach kids.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Here you go. The player is participating in a high school level team therefore he is ineligible. There is no other way to read the below. Hoco is allowing Looneys to beak their own rule and it is a rule hat according to the league bylaws all teams agreed to prior to the season. No team should be put in the position of having to appeal the player when it is a blatant rule being broken. Just go to Hudl or the Florida schools write ups etc.

"Players who are participating in any high-school level program such as a high school freshman, JV-B, junior varsity, varsity or club team should not be eligible for 8th grade/U15 competition in the same season. "

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Here you go. The player is participating in a high school level team therefore he is ineligible. There is no other way to read the below. Hoco is allowing Looneys to beak their own rule and it is a rule hat according to the league bylaws all teams agreed to prior to the season. No team should be put in the position of having to appeal the player when it is a blatant rule being broken. Just go to Hudl or the Florida schools write ups etc.

"Players who are participating in any high-school level program such as a high school freshman, JV-B, junior varsity, varsity or club team should not be eligible for 8th grade/U15 competition in the same season. "

Someone a few days ago posted about this rule/guideline and noted how it is worded. It says "should not". After this person posted this someone took exception and thought it was a stretch. Maybe it is but I feel the wording could have been more direct and on point, such as "can not" That same poster also mentioned how the grade base rule/guidelines are worded, and pointed out they could have been worded stronger.
Is this enough to give any team a way around a rule? Only HOCO can answer that.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Someone a few days ago posted about this rule/guideline and noted how it is worded. It says "should not". After this person posted this someone took exception and thought it was a stretch. Maybe it is but I feel the wording could have been more direct and on point, such as "can not" That same poster also mentioned how the grade base rule/guidelines are worded, and pointed out they could have been worded stronger.
Is this enough to give any team a way around a rule? Only HOCO can answer that.

So now youth lacrosse is pushing it so far to say "should not" means do it if you want or don't get caught? No wonder half the kids involved think they can do whatever they want. Just following their parents lead. You and everyone else knows exact,y what this rule means. This is so ridiculous it is almost comical. I guess they SHOULD have said "should not except if you are Looneys or Crabs and then by all means do whatever you want because we are afraid of you and all your connections that may impact our league and our families if we say no" Is that better?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I doubt he chose Looneys for coaching. The staff is doing a good job of trying to place kids or show them. coaching is questionable

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That's because Looney's is filled with dads who coach.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That's because Looney's is filled with dads who coach.

That is becoming an issue for other teams in the 2020 Elite also - it is time for the boys playing at this level to all get true non dad coaches. It is hurting the players and they can not compete with teams with a slew of experienced relevant coaches nor does the field favoritism help them.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Big day. Fca here to stay. You lose sleep last night.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Battle of the holdbacks. Will the winner be able to take the holdback crown away from the fat crab?

Like Reply Quote
Page 26 of 66 1 2 24 25 26 27 28 65 66
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard