BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 36 of 77 1 2 34 35 36 37 38 76 77
Re: High School Lax Boys
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
just what you want tied games coming to the end.

SW v SE tied at 9 minute left

WM Quott OT

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Connetquet won 8-7 OT

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Connetquot wins 8-7

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Smithtown East and WM both played well. They only lost by 1. Both teams top Long Island teams. Playoffs should be competitive and add West Islip and Smithtown West to the mix. Commack may even surprise a few.

Don't include Smithtown West.
And never give up on Scotty Craig- he make winners.

Commack is a pretender. Harborfields, Middle Country, Pat Med, N. Bab, Brentwood, Copiague. 9-42 combined record. Stop it already!

Ok - Hills East instead of commack and SW is included

Still No love for Quott? SWest should be hungry this year, almost lost in the first round of the playoff last year then came back and beat Quott. SW needs to stay hungry, suffolk semi finals shouldn't seem unrealistic. But with SE WM and Quott as the top teams and 1 spot for SW, Hills and WI will could be a good run at the end.

What teams play spoiler for the above runs?

Have you seen Quot play? You don't almost lose - you either win or you lose. Quot lost in first round of playoffs last year and has not had a real competitive schedule except sw this year - which they won by one. See what happens over the next 3 weeks.

Oh yeah, how do you like them now. and for clarification it was SW who almost lost. Connetquot had a bye in the first round. Stay hungry and healthy.

Quott wins dispite the refs. yes I said it. BS calls at the end. They should have won in regular game.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
SE vs SW going to OT

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
could WM and SE both lose

not only could they, they did.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
those 2 games are how they are supposed to be. WOW! great games shame one had to lose!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
West wins!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nice to see West find a way to win at the end. Their losses are all 1 point losses. All in games they had a significant leads. Find a way to keep the pedal down. Maybe some fresh legs in 2nd and 3rd? Need to use your bench now and stay healthy and fresh for the run!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
this just made Saturday out in Suffolk a bit more exciting. How many college coaches will try to find their way to the island sidelines. Connetquot v Smith East And Smith West v Ward Melville. Upstate can West genee rebound against a strong j Dewitt? Ct Darian New Cannan... weather looks good

5/3 looks to be a good day for competition in nassua, along with the 2nd installment of the Crusaders classic. to bad the weather looks like rain!

So much more teams looking to stay alive and make the cut for the playoffs.

SPRING HAS SPRUNG LAX FANS ENJOY THE GAMES!

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
stop complaining about the officiating and enjoy a hard-earned win. officiating, good and/or bad is part of the game just like injuries, and every team finds itself on either side of questionable call or two during a season. there were no flagrant bad calls at the end of the game. you won - enjoy it and move on. there are about 5 or 6 teams in this division that could beat any other team on any given day. nobody has separated themselves from the pack regardless of their record. if you think im wrong, you haven't been watching enough Suffolk A lacrosse. Congrats, and get back to work

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What is going on at Kellenberg?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
stop complaining about the officiating and enjoy a hard-earned win. officiating, good and/or bad is part of the game just like injuries, and every team finds itself on either side of questionable call or two during a season. there were no flagrant bad calls at the end of the game. you won - enjoy it and move on. there are about 5 or 6 teams in this division that could beat any other team on any given day. nobody has separated themselves from the pack regardless of their record. if you think im wrong, you haven't been watching enough Suffolk A lacrosse. Congrats, and get back to work

Didnt see the game and have no rooting interest either way, but I have to say that on the whole the quality of officiating at the youth and high school level is abysmal. You would think being that here on Long Island we have one of the largest concentration of club teams and middle and high school teams in the country there would be a plethora of quality officials, which is just not the case.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I would say four maybe five teams have a chance to win the county championship. This might be the first time that I can remember there being more than three or four teams most years there are only two or three teams. The top teams are always strong but beyond that not so much.

This year it looks like:

Connetquot
Smithtown West
Smithtown East
West Islip
Ward Melville

Overall I think The Island is a little off this year in terms of really strong teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would also Watch
Hills east and WW- Both could upset and beat any one on given day

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I am not from Quott, saw and admired them last year. Saw them get no credit and saw the game. They deserved the win. Who knows what happens the next few days, and yes I have been watching plenty all over the state and from week to week you never know what is going to happen because their is no consistency but it is all good.

As far as refs, Quott gets raw deal. Think Jordan rules. I will say if a hit like what happened at the end of the East/West game up top middie to middie (which wasn't called against east - not sure if a call should have been made - but if it was a player from Quott against anyone it is called) and yes I have watched plenty of A games.

I'll post later about what is happening in Nassua C next. All over the island.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would also Watch

Agreed, but lets see how Saturday goes for them beat Commack badly and I agree lose or just win not sure.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I would say four maybe five teams have a chance to win the county championship. This might be the first time that I can remember there being more than three or four teams most years there are only two or three teams. The top teams are always strong but beyond that not so much.

This year it looks like:

Connetquot
Smithtown West
Smithtown East
West Islip
Ward Melville

Overall I think The Island is a little off this year in terms of really strong teams.

Not sure I agree about the last time there were more than 3/4 teams, last year you had the same teams plus Northport. An injury to them late in the season "hurt" them.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just curious. Does sec 11 have a review board on there officials. I've seen some really bad officials this year that truly don't have a clue about the game of lax. I know there human but that goes only so far. We have some of the best lax in the country with the worst officials. Just doesn't jive.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What is going on at Kellenberg?

bad coach being exposed

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nothing different. You are acting like the word championship and Kellenberg were used in the same sentence. They had a few good players come through and played well but they don't have the horses or should I say ponies in the barn.

Same brothers that run Chaminade run Kellenberg. Not about the sports

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This year it looks like:

Connetquot
Smithtown West
Smithtown East
West Islip
Ward Melville

No kid there, but CSH seems unstoppable...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Massapequa walked all over Baldwin. It was over in the first 5 mins. too many lopsided games in this bracket. Makes no sense. Looking forward to Chaminade on Thursday and Syosset and Farmingdale next week.

We need a super league like the girls have. They don't have BS games like this.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree any one of them could do it. Lot of one goal games. Connetquot beating WM yesterday with a lot of injuries. Both goalies were awesome. Shame someone had to lose that one.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nothing different. You are acting like the word championship and Kellenberg were used in the same sentence. They had a few good players come through and played well but they don't have the horses or should I say ponies in the barn.

The coach is terrible. Get him outta there and maybe more kids would go there and it would help the school's finances. Nobody want's to play for him. Nasty guy. By having him there it's actually hurting the school's finances too.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Great question, if not they should. I know JV level is small time, but I have to say the officiating at the JV level is so horrific it actually impedes the game and the learning process for the kids. I know they are only human but it seems like basic knowledge of the rules of the game are lacking in many cases. For LI Lacrosse we need to do better!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The coach is terrible. Get him outta there and maybe more kids would go there and it would help the school's finances. Nobody want's to play for him. Nasty guy. By having him there it's actually hurting the school's finances too.

That's interesting about the coaching. Didn't know that. Have a 7th grader but live in Suffolk. Maybe have to rethink that commute.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]I would also Watch

Agreed, HHHEast in playoff hunt (maybe HHHwest too, could be dangerous if they make it) but lets see how Saturday goes, if WW beats Commack badly I agree, lose or just win not sure.

best of the rest. no real change since LY outside of Northport

WW v Com
BS v Sachem N

Sachem East - tough schedule ahead think they miss the cut.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That's interesting about the coaching. Didn't know that. Have a 7th grader but live in Suffolk. Maybe have to rethink that commute.

No doubt, definitely rethink the commute if in Suffolk, SJB or St A's.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Check out the MSG Varsity website and their footage of the CSH-Manhasett game...CSH coach punches a kid in the helmet while they were in a huddle. The guy is nuts and this has to be the final nail in his coffin.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Kellenberg is at capacity for enrollment. How is the coach hurting finances?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Massapequa walked all over Baldwin. It was over in the first 5 mins. too many lopsided games in this bracket. Makes no sense. Looking forward to Chaminade on Thursday and Syosset and Farmingdale next week.

Terrible idea. So the best Long Island teams will have a very slim chance to win NYS. The conferences will be won by weak teams who will get crushed in states. The super league winner will be gassed from a ridiculously hard schedule. Result.......no states for Long Island. Leave well enough alone.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Terrible idea. So the best Long Island teams will have a very slim chance to win NYS. The conferences will be won by weak teams who will get crushed in states. The super league winner will be gassed from a ridiculously hard schedule. Result.......no states for Long Island. Leave well enough alone.

The super league would only be for regular season, all teams return to the correct division for playoffs and all teams in the super conference make the playoffs regardless of record in league play, great idea and better for everybody involved.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No doubt, definitely rethink the commute if in Suffolk, SJB or St A's.

How about SJB? New coach. Seems connected to college coaches. Just a thought. Aren't we all sick of this pre-determined CHSAA Championship game?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Check out the MSG Varsity website and their footage of the CSH-Manhasett game...CSH coach punches a kid in the helmet while they were in a huddle. The guy is nuts and this has to be the final nail in his coffin.

It was a love tap...cut it out. Coaches do that a lot and kids do not mind at all. Neither should the parents.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

A High School lacrosse team will not be "gassed" because they play a hard schedule. They play about 2x per week on average. Come on, this is ridiculous.

Super leagues will not affect who wins Sections and goes to the State tournament. In the playoffs, the teams will play according to their enrollment (A, B, C), just like they do now. The best teams will still win, and will not be tired for a game against Yorktown simply because they played Ward Melville, et al in April. The Super League will simply allow for better games during the regular season. In fact, it will improve a LI teams chances of doing well at States simply because they will have more experience playing against the type of teams they will need to beat.

The only material difference may be that a team that compiles a top record in a non-super league may take a playoff spot away from a team at or near the bottom of the super league. So what - such team wasn't going to win states anyway.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
He's doing a good job... Maybe bringing in an assistant Next year- a SJB alum.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The super league would only be for regular season, all teams return to the correct division for playoffs and all teams in the super conference make the playoffs regardless of record in league play, great idea and better for everybody involved.

it is a great idea in theory but a team like the 2015 Connetquot isn't in a super series in 2015 but should be (since their last 4 games in 2014 were all 1 pt loses).

If you had it in 2016 A 2 teams within the grouping of Floyd, Lindy, North Bab, Pat Med or Middle Country might make the playoff due to record, but a team like HHHW Walt Whitman or Bay Shore wouldn't because they would be in the super serious and lose most if not all games and not have enough points but are clearly better than the lower tier grouping.

I think the scheduling this year wasn't so bad, don't think the super series would really change much.

I do think the NY state championships need to change. Postpone the LI championship game until after the playoffs or if they are the last two standing the NY State game is the game. We are robbing our boys the chance at the opportunity.

Do you think Nisky would won if they had to go through SE before Syo. Or if the brackets worked its way to Nisky meeting Syo first then do yo think they would have beat SE. I don't!

CHANGE THE STATE PLAYOFF FORMAT!!!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Love tap? It was a full out hit while yelling at him to "shut the f**k up". Never okay to put your hands on a kid. Totally unacceptable.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Commack FO/Middie out for that game. WW should have it easy.

Page 36 of 77 1 2 34 35 36 37 38 76 77

Link Copied to Clipboard