BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,813
Posts387,090
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 42 of 70 1 2 40 41 42 43 44 69 70
Re: Boys 2023-5th Grade Fall 2015 Summer 2016
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
100% correct. To add to statement on prior post, it's same leadership who makes it a totally different team and goes under different team names. At syosset they went as huntington, disqualied to play in finals after discovered many outsiders used. Blatant tourney went under huntington as well used few outsiders, many upset parents spilled the beans on sidelines to the other teams parents.let's see what happens this weekend. keep it simple, let the boys from their town play with no outsiders.

Did you see how it turned out for them?
Massapequa crushed them.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
100% correct. To add to statement on prior post, it's same leadership who makes it a totally different team and goes under different team names. At syosset they went as huntington, disqualied to play in finals after discovered many outsiders used. Blatant tourney went under huntington as well used few outsiders, many upset parents spilled the beans on sidelines to the other teams parents.let's see what happens this weekend. keep it simple, let the boys from their town play with no outsiders.

Massapequa crushed them.

Yeah really. They didn't overwhelm anyone else. Tied with rvc til a couple minutes left. If that was igloo doesn't bode well. Why would Huntington parents put up with that nonsense?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Massapequa crushed them.

'Pequa does the same thing.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You are incorrect. Every boy on that Massapequa team is from Massapequa and there are no holdbacks! Your welcome to check the PAL roster. The Huntington parents only let out their secret when they lost. If they left with their free tshirt they all would have kept their little secret.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
it's great to see tournament directors and upset parents take a stand on this matter and hopefully will get back to town team tournaments. If you borrow 1 outsider your not considered a town team, you would need to register in travel bracket, very simple.kudos to past tourney director who was sympathetic to concerns of the legit town team coaches.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
it's great to see tournament directors and upset parents take a stand on this matter and hopefully will get back to town team tournaments. If you borrow 1 outsider your not considered a town team, you would need to register in travel bracket, very simple.kudos to past tourney director who was sympathetic to concerns of the legit town team coaches.

Yeah, too bad Blatant looked the other way.

Chief Admin
Chief Admin

Yeah, too bad Blatant looked the other way.

I'm shocked. Blatant looked the other way...money talks, nobody walks...or do they?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Two Massapequa teams played in Blatant.
All boys from Massapequa. Two PAL teams. The Blue team didn't play RVC, they won all their respective games.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All boys from Massapequa. Two PAL teams. The Blue team didn't play RVC, they won all their respective games.

Doesn't Masapequa have a "travel" team and a B team?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So which Huntington PAL team played in the tourney? Is there a second team with all town kids? I heard the team that played wasn't a town only team. Do all of the kids play on the same club team?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Massapequa has two PAL teams. They both play in tournaments. Blue and Gold.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Massapequa has two PAL teams. They both play in tournaments. Blue and Gold.

One is the A team and other the the B team correct?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Huntington has 2 PAL teams. Huntington parents on this team should be ashamed of themselves. The mighty tee shirt is more important than any integrity. This coaches should be embarrassed to keep being exposed in each tournament that they enter. It a shame too because they are supposed to be representing a good town. Now Huntington can't field a legitimate team of True Huntington players.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Was referring to the supposed "huntington" team

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The town that my son plays for didn't have enough kids to field a team so they combined with another town that had the same problem to make a team. My question to you is- does that make the team a travel team ? No it doesn't. They are a bunch of kids trying to play lax, some kids are very good and do play travel lax and other don't play lax except for PAL, but still does not make them a travel team.
A travel team is made up of kids that want to play lacrosse and get better as they grow and their parents pay alot of money for promises and broken dreams.
If a town team can beat you with one kid that may or may not live in that town then I suggest that you get back to the basics and practice practice practice

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The town that my son plays for didn't have enough kids to field a team so they combined with another town that had the same problem to make a team. My question to you is- does that make the team a travel team ? No it doesn't. They are a bunch of kids trying to play lax, some kids are very good and do play travel lax and other don't play lax except for PAL, but still does not make them a travel team.
A travel team is made up of kids that want to play lacrosse and get better as they grow and their parents pay alot of money for promises and broken dreams.
If a town team can beat you with one kid that may or may not live in that town then I suggest that you get back to the basics and practice practice practice

WRONG!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Huntington has 2 PAL teams. Huntington parents on this team should be ashamed of themselves. The mighty tee shirt is more important than any integrity. This coaches should be embarrassed to keep being exposed in each tournament that they enter. It a shame too because they are supposed to be representing a good town. Now Huntington can't field a legitimate team of True Huntington players.

Were both teams in the Tournament?
Does Huntington have an A and B team?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Huntington did not have 2 teams in the tournament, at least not their PAL teams. Huntington says there is no A or B, but just ask the parents.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Huntington did not have 2 teams in the tournament, at least not their PAL teams. Huntington says there is no A or B, but just ask the parents.

I wonder why their PAL teams were not in the tournament. Maybe the team that entered wasn't part of the town. I'm sure there are enough kids in that town to combine to make a full team. Sounds fishy to me.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any PAL scores over the weekend?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You're tracking PAL scores??? My kid plays for Northport and lost. No clue what the score was.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Quick question, how many towns at this age go A/B format??? I thought PAL rules say teams have to be balanced. Is there a benefit to an A/B format?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Massapequa has a great 2023 program, goods kids and goo coaching.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You guys are all NUTS. The problem is with PAL. If lax PAL was run like football PAL, there would be no need for corupt "town tournaments". There should be playoffs and a championship. IT'S A BUSINESS. If you don't like the business model, stop entering town only tournaments. Fools!!!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You guys are all NUTS. The problem is with PAL. If lax PAL was run like football PAL, there would be no need for corupt "town tournaments". There should be playoffs and a championship. IT'S A BUSINESS. If you don't like the business model, stop entering town only tournaments. Fools!!!!!

You sir are obviously an idiot. Football PAL allows many different kids from many different towns to play on any team they want. You are must be a soccer Dad.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Here we go, I'm gonna take the bait and argue with a parrent that is clearly not the sharpest tool in the shed. Please read my comment again and again until you can understand that NO TOURNAMENT DIRECTOR WILL EVER CARE IF A TOWN TEAM HAS ONE OR TWO OUT OF TOWN PLAYERS ON THEIR TEAM. It's a BUSINESS. I also happen to be on the board of Suffolk PAL football and yes, players from other towns CAN play. I didn't think I had to clarify my point to that extent. Now that you are done pouting, what would you say about a PAL lax format that ONLY allowed town players with a playoff/ championship????? Good idea or no???

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Here we go, I'm gonna take the bait and argue with a parrent that is clearly not the sharpest tool in the shed. Please read my comment again and again until you can understand that NO TOURNAMENT DIRECTOR WILL EVER CARE IF A TOWN TEAM HAS ONE OR TWO OUT OF TOWN PLAYERS ON THEIR TEAM. It's a BUSINESS. I also happen to be on the board of Suffolk PAL football and yes, players from other towns CAN play. I didn't think I had to clarify my point to that extent. Now that you are done pouting, what would you say about a PAL lax format that ONLY allowed town players with a playoff/ championship????? Good idea or no???

Mr. PAL board member.. Are you the box of rocks that gives the rules out and puts us to sleep with your past experiences (that no one gives a [lacrosse] about) at the beginning of the season at the "coaches clinic"?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Quick question, how many towns at this age go A/B format??? I thought PAL rules say teams have to be balanced. Is there a benefit to an A/B format?

Our town split them as evenly as you could with 2nd graders. Now 5th grade. They've all stayed on the same team since with some kids coming and going. One team is in the top division, other 2 in the 2nd division.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Absolutely a good idea! That's how it should be!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
PAL is a joke. Our town has a PAL Director that thinks the kids should be divided up equally. The only thing that has actually happened is that the town is divided because of this and great players are stuck on the worse team. Can't wait for Middle School.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What town?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What town?

Lots do it that way.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You said "lots". Name some please...Most towns that enough for 2 teams will go A/B from 5th grade on. I would say the minority keeps it balanced.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
PAL is a joke. Our town has a PAL Director that thinks the kids should be divided up equally. The only thing that has actually happened is that the town is divided because of this and great players are stuck on the worse team. Can't wait for Middle School.

You are part of the problem. PAL is about developing players. Shouldn't be all about winning and being on the best team. Let me guess, your little Johnnie is a top player and his team doesn't win enough. Wah. Teach your kid to be a team player and a good sport. The chances of him getting recruited to a top school is slim at best!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You are part of the problem. PAL is about developing players. Shouldn't be all about winning and being on the best team. Let me guess, your little Johnnie is a top player and his team doesn't win enough. Wah. Teach your kid to be a team player and a good sport. The chances of him getting recruited to a top school is slim at best!

It's all about development and where kids fit. The great lacrosse towns do it right with A/B and that's why their High Schools win. Maybe that's why you don't understand.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If your star isn't getting what they need from PAL quit. Play on a top travel team and call it a day.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If your star isn't getting what they need from PAL quit. Play on a top travel team and call it a day.

Don't believe in club travel. I believe in promoting my town unlike you. You can keep ruining your town future lacrosse program. Maybe you should call it quits from lacrosse.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Don't believe in club travel. I believe in promoting my town unlike you. You can keep ruining your town future lacrosse program. Maybe you should call it quits from lacrosse.

Because you are cheap, that's why. Ruining your town, that's a joke.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You can do both...start a "town travel" team and have little Johnny Gait tryout for the Bandits

Page 42 of 70 1 2 40 41 42 43 44 69 70

Link Copied to Clipboard