BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,545
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 15 of 30 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 29 30
Re: Girls 2021-7th Grade Fall 2015 Summer 2016
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
[quote=Anonymous]So what 2021 LI team will reign supreme?
Gotta a good feeling elevate may surprise a few people!

Seriously? Elevate in the 2021 age group? Is that a joke? What surprise do they have in store for this age group? Entertain us?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Seriously? Elevate in the 2021 age group? Is that a joke? What surprise do they have in store for this age group? Entertain us?

Did any A girls from other clubs move over to elevate?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I'm sure you already know the answer so stop trying to stir crap up.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So will this team be stronger or weaker this year? I still recall that top YJ team only beat them by one goal at National Draw last summer.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What summer tournaments are YL 2021 playing in? They aren't listed on the website and wondering how many times we will play you this year. Heard you aren't coming to beach lax which is a shame.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So will this team be stronger or weaker this year? I still recall that top YJ team only beat them by one goal at National Draw last summer.

Elevate lost their top 4 girls while yj lost none but didn't really pick up anything

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How about TG's? Did they see much movement on their top team?

I would expect a certain amount of movement is typical for all top teams until the girls get a little older and teams settle down.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Oh stop with elevate losing their top 4 girls. Yes 3 were very good but passed to only certain girls. They will be better off. It's a team game.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Oh stop with elevate losing their top 4 girls. Yes 3 were very good but passed to only certain girls. They will be better off. It's a team game.

Agree with you but you can't dispute that this age group in particular has seen huge turnover over the last two years with a significant drain of talent. Hopefully some of the issues have been addressed, especially the coaching. You can't possibly expect to compete at the higher level if half your team changes year over year especially if you are not top grading talent.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Agree with you but you can't dispute that this age group in particular has seen huge turnover over the last two years with a significant drain of talent. Hopefully some of the issues have been addressed, especially the coaching. You can't possibly expect to compete at the higher level if half your team changes year over year especially if you are not top grading talent.

Does the top team still have a Mommy Coach or did they hire a real one?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree do not like parent coaches for many reasons. Would love to see DK coach this team. It would make a difference. And only 4 left not half the team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I was told girls did leave because of coaching. That's not god.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree do not like parent coaches for many reasons. Would love to see DK coach this team. It would make a difference. And only 4 left not half the team.

You say only four left but if you are with the club you know full well they only had an accepted roster of about 13- 14 kids after tryouts and there was a mad dash to fill those spots. You also should recall 10-11 left the year before. No hate here, we moved on but just calling it as we saw it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Maybe your daughter was cut and have an axe to grind. So tell me where the grass is greener? Yes maybe if they dont change coaching people might leave but I for one like the organization and have confidence in Dave doing the right thing for the girls. And where did these ten players go the year before? No some girls were dropped to the red and some left. Maybe there were better girls at tryouts.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Does the top team still have a Mommy Coach or did they hire a real one?

M&D 2021's coach has a daughter on the team. Doesn't seem to have hurt them too much. Having a mom isn't always the problem, it's having the wrong mom

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Right one who never played

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
DK has taken over and now coaches the 21 Blue girls. As for 10 leaving, I reached out to find out this info rather than listen to BS on the site and believe it. What I was told (which matches up with how the fall/winter actually went), is that 4 girls left, after tryouts the Blue team had 18 girls and Red had 22. They left spots on Blue in case they decided to move people up. 3 girls who were unhappy from another club came and tried out late and made Blue. So there was no 10 girl turnaround. 4 left, 3 new came on and now Dave is coaching. I think 21 Blue will do just fine.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
DK has taken over and now coaches the 21 Blue girls. As for 10 leaving, I reached out to find out this info rather than listen to BS on the site and believe it. What I was told (which matches up with how the fall/winter actually went), is that 4 girls left, after tryouts the Blue team had 18 girls and Red had 22. They left spots on Blue in case they decided to move people up. 3 girls who were unhappy from another club came and tried out late and made Blue. So there was no 10 girl turnaround. 4 left, 3 new came on and now Dave is coaching. I think 21 Blue will do just fine.

Nobody would ever dispute that DK is a master salesman!

It's very simple, if you made the team after tryouts you have the roster that was emailed to each blue player back in September and you can compare it to the current team.
To say they held spots in case they wanted to pull up red players is just BS! If they had red players good enough after tryouts they should have been offered a spot like everyone else.

Sounds like you are happy so far and I hope it works out for you.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm extremely happy if Dave coaches this team!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
DK is a great coach, no doubt..lets come back around to this conversation after season is done to see how much actual time he spent with this team though...if it interferes with his numerous $$ grabs, then something tells me that some college kid or a relative will be doing the work...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
To the earlier poster who asked if the grass is any greener someplace else, I say probably not. Every club has its challenges but the best thing is to keep your eyes wide open, not get sucked into big promises and be realistic about your child's ability. No matter what club, school or town team for that matter there's always someone bitching about something.
I also think it also gets worse as they get older.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
To the earlier poster who asked if the grass is any greener someplace else, I say probably not. Every club has its challenges but the best thing is to keep your eyes wide open, not get sucked into big promises and be realistic about your child's ability. No matter what club, school or town team for that matter there's always someone bitching about something.

You are right. There is a huge problem with the number of clubs that have popped up, as well as the young age they are starting. The Club model started for advanced players to play together in the summer and fall to help with college recruiting. What actually happened was people took it as a way to make money at the expense of the rec lacrosse programs. There is no reason to be paying $2000+ for your child to play lacrosse in 2nd,3rd, 4th grade. And because of the willingness of parents to pay this, clubs are popping up all over with no plan to make your child better. Look at the scores in the MD Spring league. There are a few good teams in the A bracket, but the rest are just fodder. Not to mention the load of teams in the B divisions. What is the end result parents are looking for here? If it really is apparent to them that they are paying for their child to play lacrosse year round, but understanding that the likelihood of their child getting recruited is very small, then I guess that's fine. But the clubs are selling parents on the fact that they need to play club for colleges to see them.

Once the girls get to about 7th grade, you should have a pretty firm grasp on where they stand. When you play M&D, Heros, YJ, etc and lose by 15+ goals, what are you and your child getting out of the money you spend and the time you put in? Who is coaching your child? Are they improving? Do they even want to play in college?

It's a harsh reality for the girls, but it is the truth. Selling them false promises isn't helping them either.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You are right. There is a huge problem with the number of clubs that have popped up, as well as the young age they are starting. The Club model started for advanced players to play together in the summer and fall to help with college recruiting. What actually happened was people took it as a way to make money at the expense of the rec lacrosse programs. There is no reason to be paying $2000+ for your child to play lacrosse in 2nd,3rd, 4th grade. And because of the willingness of parents to pay this, clubs are popping up all over with no plan to make your child better. Look at the scores in the MD Spring league. There are a few good teams in the A bracket, but the rest are just fodder. Not to mention the load of teams in the B divisions. What is the end result parents are looking for here? If it really is apparent to them that they are paying for their child to play lacrosse year round, but understanding that the likelihood of their child getting recruited is very small, then I guess that's fine. But the clubs are selling parents on the fact that they need to play club for colleges to see them.

Once the girls get to about 7th grade, you should have a pretty firm grasp on where they stand. When you play M&D, Heros, YJ, etc and lose by 15+ goals, what are you and your child getting out of the money you spend and the time you put in? Who is coaching your child? Are they improving? Do they even want to play in college?

It's a harsh reality for the girls, but it is the truth. Selling them false promises isn't helping them either.

So here's a question, on the top teams you mentioned above, is the coaching and training that much better or have they just assembled a field of the best talent and it really doesn't matter who is coaching them? From a development standpoint, what should one expect if they are only practicing once or twice a week for an hour or so? Are the top teams developing these kids or just steering them in the right direction?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are you kidding me? Coaching has so much to do with it. Playing within a system and giving your girls an opportunity to succeed is so crucial.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So here's a question, on the top teams you mentioned above, is the coaching and training that much better or have they just assembled a field of the best talent and it really doesn't matter who is coaching them? From a development standpoint, what should one expect if they are only practicing once or twice a week for an hour or so? Are the top teams developing these kids or just steering them in the right direction?

It is a combination of the above. A truly good team (and Coach) will find a way to practice more than once a week now

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are you kidding me? Coaching has so much to do with it. Playing within a system and giving your girls an opportunity to succeed is so crucial.

Couldn't disagree more, there are kids that you can try and coach forever and never make much progress, other kids are shown something once and instinctively know how to use it

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Obviously the good teams have top talent. But the good teams also practice multiple days awake and also practice year round. In many cases, the girls on top teams also train on the side in their own time.

Watch the better teams. They are running advanced defensive and offensive sets in 7th grade. That comes from good coaching and dedicated kids and families.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Couldn't disagree more, there are kids that you can try and coach forever and never make much progress, other kids are shown something once and instinctively know how to use it

We are talking about 7th grade. At this point there is a clear difference between the kids that have it and kids that don't.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Nope, the very top teams, the kids show up highly developed on their own. If your counting on the travel coach to develope your kid, she won't be on top team very long, that's for sure.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Nope, the very top teams, the kids show up highly developed on their own. If your counting on the travel coach to develope your kid, she won't be on top team very long, that's for sure.

True enough. The kids have to put work in on their own. Whether that's just hitting the wall or going to strength and conditioning training. The top kids never take months off. Even when they are playing other sports they are taking a couple days a week to keep their lacrosse skills sharp.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yep and when college comes and they are sick of lacrosse you will be to blame.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why would I care if when she goes to college she is sick of lacrosse? She can quit. She's already in school. Guess she'll miss out on her professional lacrosse career.

The hard work will pay off when she gets to go to a school she may not have otherwise had such an easy time getting into.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why would I care if when she goes to college she is sick of lacrosse? She can quit. She's already in school. Guess she'll miss out on her professional lacrosse career.

The hard work will pay off when she gets to go to a school she may not have ottherwise had such an easy time getting into.

Yeah...and she'll lose her 100% lax full-ride scholly (you know, because of all the extra "work" she put in to be the best?) and your college bill will be too high and she will have to drop out and go to community college. All that work and money...for nothing. Good luck.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It is healthy for them to put the stick away for a month or 2. Don't stuff it down their throats.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

As an Elevate parent in another age group it would be great if DK went to coach this team, that way he wouldn't hang around our games and hover over our coach. He loves to walk around and coach every game and it is truly the most detrimental thing he does all summer to both the kids and the other parent coaches. Coach one team and stay away from our team DK.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Elevate will not play in the top bracket in this age group this summer. If they do it will be a huge mistake for the club and the kids. They are not at that level and they will have a miserable summer if they do.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Elevate will not play in the top bracket in this age group this summer. If they do it will be a huge mistake for the club and the kids. They are not at that level and they will have a miserable summer if they do.

How can anyone say this since this team hasn't even played a game yet?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Maybe because elevate really doesn't have good coaches. Parent coaches gotta go in travel lax.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Worry about your own team. Stop talking bad about 12 and 13 yr old girls. Your pathetic!

Page 15 of 30 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 29 30

Link Copied to Clipboard