BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,564
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 35 of 77 1 2 33 34 35 36 37 76 77
Re: High School Lax Boys
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
BS. Sour grapes. Keep your grades up and stop crying !

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
If I may rant for a minuet. Recently, on both the boys and girls high school threads, I have seen comments to people {being anonymous we don't know the ages or profession of anyone} about attending H.S. games. In some situations an attendee either didn't have a child on either team, or stayed at a tournament longer than some felt appropriate to watch other teams play, or traveled a distance some would see as too far, or voided a game for "scouting" purposes. These people were vilified by others, and even called derogatory names for watching a sport the love. Why is it only lacrosse parents do this. If someone went to watch a football game, or a basketball game between two good teams no one would care or say a word. Who are these parents to hijack a public sporting event and slander people for loving a sport. Are they the same people that complain that Lacrosse isn't popular enough and should receive more attention, while excluding anyone without a direct interest in any particular game. Shame on you for calling someone a "perv" or a "loser" for watching a game they love. I bet you're the same person making March Madness brackets at your office, does that also make you a
"perv" or a "loser" for watching that sport with no child involved. Maybe if we welcomed people into watch our children play the sport we all love it will grow and become bigger, instead of pointing fingers at people and calling fans names.

I understand the point but there was also a point to those responding - if you were at Staples last week it was for a reason. Not just a weekend drive as a spectator to see a game. I am all for seeing a game that is nearbye, but the travel and traffic to staples is a bit much for just watching a game as a fan.

I live about a half an hour from Manhasset and i do not have a kid on Manhasset or CSH but was thinking about going over on Monday night to watch the game, would that be OK in your book or should I stay away? not sure were the cut off is.

Nah. creepy. Nice job checking first. That's how you avoid an incident.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"sour grapes"? You really need to demonstrate your ignorance. It is Div 3. you make your agreement with coaches in Oct, apply Dec 1st and hear Jan 15th? You think 2nd quarter grades after 9th 10th and 11th grades make a difference. You obviously know little about the recruitment process...........and that is coming from someone who has never had a kid apply to Haverford but as a Youth Lacrosse Coach have followed the process well. As a recruiter for my Div 1 school, the grades can drop since commitments go out 10th and 11th grade, even 9th now, but for div 3, 12 weeks of grades are not a factor. Learn what you are talking about.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I also heard this about Haverford. And heard it from multiple people. I personally know of two kids who kept their grades up and both were told by the Haverford HC they were "done" and than didn't get in. One year apparently Haverford only took two of the ten kids they told were "done". Just be careful if you are dealing with Haverford. That's all I'm saying.

Not to mention that Haverford is a train wreck on the lax field. Great school to be sure but terrible lacrosse wise. There are much more competitive programs academically and lacrosse wise in the NESCAC and other conferences. If you have the grades to get into Haverford you can certainly get into Tufts or Bates, and play competitive lacrosse and get a degree from a great academic institution as well.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Kids have ONE shot and one school to apply early admissions. When a coach says your kid is "in" and it has been approved by admissions, you should be accepted unless your grades drop dramatically or you have another extreme problem. "getting in is up to the kid, not the coach" is 100% wrong. You really have no idea what you are talking about. I've been thru this with 3 lacrosse players, 2 boys, one girl, 2 Div 1, 1 Div 3, and if a coach told me my kid was in, and than he was rejected, like it appears has happened at Haverford, I would be beyond upset. I'm just correcting this comment from the writer so no one is misled by someone who's kid obviously hasn't gone thru the process. When a coach says you are "done" and you apply ED, you should be in 99.99% of the time.

Where does it say it was an ED situation? The OP is asking in mid April, which to me means it was a standard decision time event. Plenty of coaches, especially without scholarships to be determined, will tell a kid "I have a spot for you, and I will push for you, I doubt there will be any problems....make sure you keep your grades up". And the parents hear "you're in".

i agree, the term I have heard is a coach saying they are "supporting" your application

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Kids have ONE shot and one school to apply early admissions. When a coach says your kid is "in" and it has been approved by admissions, you should be accepted unless your grades drop dramatically or you have another extreme problem. "getting in is up to the kid, not the coach" is 100% wrong. You really have no idea what you are talking about. I've been thru this with 3 lacrosse players, 2 boys, one girl, 2 Div 1, 1 Div 3, and if a coach told me my kid was in, and than he was rejected, like it appears has happened at Haverford, I would be beyond upset. I'm just correcting this comment from the writer so no one is misled by someone who's kid obviously hasn't gone thru the process. When a coach says you are "done" and you apply ED, you should be in 99.99% of the time.

Glad it worked out for your kids but you are wrong, only admission can tell you that you are in, lots of stories of laxers thinking they were safe at Ivies, NESCAC and ACC's only to not be accepted

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you're talking to an Ivy, ask when you can expect a "Likely Letter". That is their commitment letter, which has the blessing of admissions. They are always honored, provided the kid maintains grades and doesn't get in trouble. If the coach won't give you the Likely, but says he's supporting you, I would be careful.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
the term "supporting your application" is not really what you need. You need to verify that the coach has spoken with admissions liason for that sport, all sports have a admissions liason, and that admissions officer has ok'ed the application. A college coach saying "supporting" is not good enough in my book.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"sour grapes"? You really need to demonstrate your ignorance. It is Div 3. you make your agreement with coaches in Oct, apply Dec 1st and hear Jan 15th? You think 2nd quarter grades after 9th 10th and 11th grades make a difference. You obviously know little about the recruitment process...........and that is coming from someone who has never had a kid apply to Haverford but as a Youth Lacrosse Coach have followed the process well. As a recruiter for my Div 1 school, the grades can drop since commitments go out 10th and 11th grade, even 9th now, but for div 3, 12 weeks of grades are not a factor. Learn what you are talking about.

Who said was talking about during senior year ? You are a youth coach and a d 1 recruiter ? ?? You an astronaut and a cowboy
too?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]"sour grapes"? You really need to demonstrate your ignorance. It is Div 3. you make your agreement with coaches in Oct, apply Dec 1st and hear Jan 15th? You think 2nd quarter grades after 9th 10th and 11th grades make a difference. You obviously know little about the recruitment process...........and that is coming from someone who has never had a kid apply to Haverford but as a Youth Lacrosse Coach have followed the process well. As a recruiter for my Div 1 school, the grades can drop since commitments go out 10th and 11th grade, even 9th now, but for div 3, 12 weeks of grades are not a factor. Learn what you are talking about.

If the college is taking a kid in 9th grade, the grades can tank or no need to see grades after commitment, kid can still gain admission? Hmm I would question the quality of the school at that point.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sad news on the lacrosse front. Former GC standout and current Hoya defenseman Ed Blatz Jr. passed away.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Tragic. I really hope there can be no stupid/insensitive comments.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]"sour grapes"? You really need to demonstrate your ignorance. It is Div 3. you make your agreement with coaches in Oct, apply Dec 1st and hear Jan 15th? You think 2nd quarter grades after 9th 10th and 11th grades make a difference. You obviously know little about the recruitment process...........and that is coming from someone who has never had a kid apply to Haverford but as a Youth Lacrosse Coach have followed the process well. As a recruiter for my Div 1 school, the grades can drop since commitments go out 10th and 11th grade, even 9th now, but for div 3, 12 weeks of grades are not a factor. Learn what you are talking about.

If the college is taking a kid in 9th grade, the grades can tank or no need to see grades after commitment, kid can still gain admission? Hmm I would question the quality of the school at that point.

If your questioning the quality of the school, perhaps you should look into Basketball and Football recruits at some the most prestigious schools? See what kind of grades a recruit needs at Michigan, ND, Duke, UNC etc, etc. I assure, you not even close to the average admitted student.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sad news on the lacrosse front. Former GC standout and current Hoya defenseman Ed Blatz Jr. passed away.

Condolences and prayers to his family, friends and teammates. Horrific scenario for any parent.......

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Condolences and prayers to his family, friends and teammates. Horrific scenario for any parent.......

Absolutely heart breaking, so sorry to hear. Really puts things right back in perspective. RIP and prayers for the family during this incredibly difficult and sad time.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So sad to hear! Seems we lose a couple of these amazing young men every year. Heartbreaking!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Tragic. I really hope there can be no stupid/insensitive comments.

Parents, please hug and kiss your children and tell them you love them every day.

Every

Single

Day

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Has anybody heard whether kids were told they would be in Haverford and than didn't get in? I know this has been happening repeatedly over the last 3 or 4 years and just want to know if it happened this year. Amazing that a school that prides itself on a honor code would allow their Men's Head Coach to lie to 17 year olds each year.

Just let me know. Hope it didn't happen again

Not too many people care to be honest...next subject...how good is CSH? Is Locust Valley just as good or is it the soft schedule? The game between these two should be great. Once CSH beat Syoset it changed everything.

My son's team played and lost to both CSH and LV. Game should be very close. LV is a much more physical team and has a better attack group. CSH midfield is better. LV goalie is better and defense is about the same, both very good.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not too involved wiht the GC Gtown tragedy but HS parents check your kids phones, ton of info on there. Was in a circle of parents this past weekend, one parent was visibly horrified by what another was saying about their child, all captured and documented on Snap Chat. Ignorance isn't always bliss.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Manhasset took a spanking from CSH, who look like they will repeat as class C champs. Still don't think anyone can beat Victor for A. Thoughts on B?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Manhasset took a spanking from CSH, who look like they will repeat as class C champs. Still don't think anyone can beat Victor for A. Thoughts on B?

What was score ? It's not in Newsday

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
DONT OVERLOOK LOCUST VALLEY!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

11-7, came back after being down 4-0, in part due to x control by 5'5" Jr.!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

11-7

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

11-7

Set better figure out how to face off because their defense and goalie were weak last night.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Locust Valley 111th toughest schedule in NY. Who you play matters.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Don't overlook the Falcons

Locust Valley 111th toughest schedule in NY. Who you play matters.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They have 3 top 10's on schedule just like CSH, Manhasset , Farmingdale and Garden City. Looks like Syosset has 4. Can't control your league games.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nassau B is strong as ever. Both Set and GC have played crazy out of conference games. Add an always strong Lynbrook team, and Wantagh and Bethpage, Nassau B is solid. They actually have it unfair compared to other conferences making it to the county finals. They have to play one or two extra games to get it to county final. They will be battle tested. CSH and Locust Valley have very strong teams this year and looking forward to that match up. Nassau A is top heavy again with an added Farmingdale team to Syosset and Pequa.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
GC? They look horrible this year. Will lose to Manhassett and Long Beach and go out in second or third round of Nassau playoffs. Just like last year. And no hope in sight for that team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
GC? They look horrible this year. Will lose to Manhassett and Long Beach and go out in second or third round of Nassau playoffs. Just like last year. And no hope in sight for that team.

Long Beach lost to Carey .......

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any scores from the early games today???

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
any score from Connetquot vs Ward Melville?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
any score from Connetquot vs Ward Melville?

yes but not final yet

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
could WM and SE both lose

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Connetquot & WM tied at 3 in 3rd

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
WM 6
Ct 7
3 minutes left

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
SW up on SE in 3rd 7-3

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Massapequa walked all over Baldwin. It was over in the first 5 mins. too many lopsided games in this bracket. Makes no sense. Looking forward to Chaminade on Thursday and Syosset and Farmingdale next week.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
WM and Connetquot going to OT at 7-7

Page 35 of 77 1 2 33 34 35 36 37 76 77

Link Copied to Clipboard