BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,564
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 5 of 28 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 27 28
Re: Boys 2022
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Since when did beating teams by more goals matter? I'm not a Crabs parent but winning is all that matters. An 8-7 game acquires you the same amount of wins that a 11-3 game does...

Fca and Diamondbacks also undefeated in Hoco. Koopers undefeated also in mpll.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crabs and Hawks have played 4 times. Hawks is 2-1-1. Sounds like the same category to me.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What do you suppose is going on with the Cannons?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What do y'all suppose is going on with Cannons

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hawks and Crabs look like teams to beat.....

Crabs have played nobody and only beat 3D by 4 goals. Hawks beat them by 15. Don't put Hawks and crabs in same category.

STOP

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Well, it all started last spring when they got caught using older kids by Breakers. Add to that that 4 of their best players are now on Hawks and you have your answer.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Since when did beating teams by more goals matter? I'm not a Crabs parent but winning is all that matters. An 8-7 game acquires you the same amount of wins that a 11-3 game does...

Ok Koopers' dad. You keep posting this. Enjoy your wins over Coppermine, Wolfpack, Rock and Lax World. Come back after your next two games vs Diamondbacks and Roughriders. You guys aren't even in the AA division in HOCO for god's sake. Stop coming on here and pounding your chest.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Well, it all started last spring when they got caught using older kids by Breakers. Add to that that 4 of their best players are now on Hawks and you have your answer.

Wow, Millon was acting like a 3 year old tattle tale last year too???

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How do you know they had illegal players, this is the second time I've seen this on this board. I assume this is the second time by the same person

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ok Koopers' dad. You keep posting this. Enjoy your wins over Coppermine, Wolfpack, Rock and Lax World. Come back after your next two games vs Diamondbacks and Roughriders. You guys aren't even in the AA division in HOCO for god's sake. Stop coming on here and pounding your chest.

Koopers is undefeated in Hoco A division also

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Koopers is undefeated in Hoco A division also

Good for you koopers dad.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How do you know they had illegal players, this is the second time I've seen this on this board. I assume this is the second time by the same person

Funny. Are you denying they had illegal players? I didn't think so. I know because I know. There is a reason they were the dominant 2022 team until the Breakers game in NPYLL last year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Your an idiot

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'll deny it.

Name the players know it all.

I've known the players and their families for many years.

The cannons lost 4 players from a roster of 16.

Do the math. Players were added to replace them but they lack the experience so they are in a learning process. A players playing in a AA division.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Funny

4 players left the rest of the players remain

So your saying the 4 players that left are illegal players. 2 are playing with the Hawks and 1 is at Madlax. The other is playing soccer.

I guess that's why the Hawks are finally having success. Using illegal players?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would love to see the Crabs and Hawks roster with birth dates.

A bunch of reclassified players. HOCO should have ID system and go all age based.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

A bunch of reclassified players. HOCO should have ID system and go all age based.

Sour grapes. There are not reclassed players in 6th grade. Come on! Just because a team has success does not mean that cheating is involved.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Before you come on here and spread rumors about kids and families you don't know, why don't you do some research? It's irresponsible to ruin a team, coaches, or player's reputation by claiming they are cheating just because they are winning or have players that are big. You don't know what you're talking about. You are stirring the pot, speaking out of anger/jealousy/or fear, and it's just not right. Not everyone cheats to get ahead. Some people just work really hard.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Message for Hawks and Crabs--haters gonna hate.....so just keep your heads down and continue to work hard, be good sports and respect the game.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Message for crabs you have beat nobody.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
<Message for you Nobody has beaten the Crabs. In your face

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So I'm sure the following clubs are happy to hear that they are nobodies:

Hawks
Igloo
Bethesda
Cannons
FCA
Roughriders
Philadelphia Freedom

They played Breakers once last year and lost 3-2
They played Diamondbacks once last year and lost by 4

Other than that, there is no team that Crabs has played and not beaten.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hawks
Igloo
Bethesda
Cannons
FCA
Roughriders
Philadelphia Freedom

I would hope Crabs beat everybody if those birthdates in another thread are accurate. You have half of a 2021 team. I feel confident if half my son's team moved down and played on our club's 2023 Team they would lose a game either

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Holdbacks are born before sept1 2003

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

OMG yes - because kids born in September or October are SO MUCH younger than kids born in say July or August !!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They are not. A holdback is a reclass. It is a kid who repeats a grade -- usually eighth grade -- for non-academic reasons. It is for the purpose of gaining an athletic advantage. A child who holds off beginning kindegarten because he has a late summer birthday is not a holdback. Ask any kindegarten teacher: he or she will tell you that boys are better off waiting if they are a late summer birthday. You might thing: what difference does a couple of months make. Well, it makes a tremendous amount of difference. If you know anything about development or have ever taken an developmental education class, you would know this. Particularly in the modern classroom where kindergarten is what first grade used to be. Students are expected to be reading! This is why pre-first came about in private schools. Kids simply are not ready for the rigor of the curriculum when they are months younger than classmates. It gives parents the prerogative of waiting until the child is ready so that they do not fail from the beginning. If you do not have the option and are not a private school person, you can opt to wait to begin kindergarten in public school if you are a late summer birthday. Do some research about school readiness. Any kindergarten teacher will agree it is advisable. And don't even get me started about a co-ed situation. Boys are typically a full year behind girls in readiness and maturity.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They are not. A holdback is a reclass. It is a kid who repeats a grade -- usually eighth grade -- for non-academic reasons. It is for the purpose of gaining an athletic advantage. A child who holds off beginning kindegarten because he has a late summer birthday is not a holdback. Ask any kindegarten teacher: he or she will tell you that boys are better off waiting if they are a late summer birthday. You might thing: what difference does a couple of months make. Well, it makes a tremendous amount of difference. If you know anything about development or have ever taken an developmental education class, you would know this. Particularly in the modern classroom where kindergarten is what first grade used to be. Students are expected to be reading! This is why pre-first came about in private schools. Kids simply are not ready for the rigor of the curriculum when they are months younger than classmates. It gives parents the prerogative of waiting until the child is ready so that they do not fail from the beginning. If you do not have the option and are not a private school person, you can opt to wait to begin kindergarten in public school if you are a late summer birthday. Do some research about school readiness. Any kindergarten teacher will agree it is advisable. And don't even get me started about a co-ed situation. Boys are typically a full year behind girls in readiness and maturity.

True. Crabs has more of these kids than any other program.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Don't bring logic to this conversation. Those parents knew little Tommy was going to be good at lacrosse when he got to middle school so they signed up to pay an extra $25,000 for him to go to prefirst because they knew he wouldn't be able to compete with kids his own age. HOLDBACK HOLDBACK HOLDBACK

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think you are actually making the point for the anti-crabbers here. Yes, you are right, it does make a difference. A boy born in Aug 2003 has a better chance playing in 2022 vs December 2003/January 2004 kids then he does playing against 2021 kids.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow my kid is a 2022 and he's born beginning of September 2004. I see he's at a MAJOR disadvantage compared to kids on this board.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hawks
Igloo
Bethesda
Cannons
FCA
Roughriders
Philadelphia Freedom

I would hope Crabs beat everybody if those birthdates in another thread are accurate. You have half of a 2021 team. I feel confident if half my son's team moved down and played on our club's 2023 Team they would lose a game either

Half? 8 kids may be half a team, but it is 80% of the starters. There are lots of Crabs kids that never see the field also. Eight 7th graders posing as 6th graders is a huge advantage.

I'd be surprised if Diamondbacks, Hawks, or Cannons (county clubs) could compete with those DC and Baltimore teams with that many overage kids.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow my kid is a 2022 and he's born beginning of September 2004. I see he's at a MAJOR disadvantage compared to kids on this board.

My son is 1/2004 and He too is at a disadvantage!
Crazy but yes Sept 04 is youngest on the roster... he could go 2023

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Don't bring logic to this conversation. Those parents knew little Tommy was going to be good at lacrosse when he got to middle school so they signed up to pay an extra $25,000 for him to go to prefirst because they knew he wouldn't be able to compete with kids his own age. HOLDBACK HOLDBACK HOLDBACK

Logic has nothing to do with it. If you think that there are not MANY MANY children held back in kindergartner for the sole purpose to get an advantage, you are either clueless or have no child in a MIAA school... The advantage could be sports for some and academics for others...and of course some could use the extra time before going to First grade...Saying all that..Youth sports is for age and letting a select group get an advantage due to them holding their child back goes against all values in youth sports.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I'm just saying it's a matter of semantics. I don't care if they go age-based. Just don't call a kid a holdback if he held off on kindegarten or did pre-first. It's not right to lump those kids in with kids who repeat eight grade at another school and already playing club lacrosse. Get real.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I'm just saying it's a matter of semantics. I don't care if they go age-based. Just don't call a kid a holdback if he held off on kindegarten or did pre-first. It's not right to lump those kids in with kids who repeat eight grade at another school and already playing club lacrosse. Get real.

You might want to get real..The kid re-classed in Eight grade has only two years to get an advantage that others dont get...And he had to play on age until then poor kid smile ... The prefirst ( yes they were held-back) kid in kindergarten gets the advantage the majority of all other children dont get... from his third grade team until High School...Since it is ok for these children to play down in age according to you...Why not let any child play down that wants too??? Forget Birthdays. Let the parents decide ... Why just give children held back an advantage over all others???

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Logic has nothing to do with it. If you think that there are not MANY MANY children held back in kindergartner for the sole purpose to get an advantage, you are either clueless or have no child in a MIAA school... The advantage could be sports for some and academics for others...and of course some could use the extra time before going to First grade...Saying all that..Youth sports is for age and letting a select group get an advantage due to them holding their child back goes against all values in youth sports.

My boys are at an MIAA school. And there are lots of prefirst kids. But you know what? Most of them don't even play sports. All of them were late spring summer birthdays that the school recommended prefirst to based on cognitive skills and preparedness for first grade.

Please tell me. When did youth sports get to the point where a 12 year old couldn't play with and against 13 year olds? My high school age son did. And my middle school son played in 2 year groupings in rec when he was younger. What is the concern? The kids aren't being recruited in 6th and 7th grade, so who cares if there are a few kids that might be a few months older than the rest?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We have some informed opinions, if not always civil, on this board. Who has surprised for better or worse? Who would you buy, sell or hold in this HoCo group?

API Diamondbacks
Crabs
Hawks
FCA - Blue
Team 9ty1
Rough Riders
Bethesda Blue
Madlax - Capital
3D Select
Cannons
Storm

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You also forget to mention your kid is also blind and has a wooden leg leaving him with more disadvantages. He also plays for a club team filled with Dad coaches and practices at horrible facilities......Oh and his parents are [lacrosse] as well leaving him with more disadvantages....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Given this is the first year with all clubs merged into one league, I'm curious to hear about which clubs picked the right divisions. From what you can tell so far this year, are there clubs who should have picked A vs. AA, are there clubs that picked AA that should be slotted in A? With so many clubs I'm sure that some guessed wrong but didn't know any better.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
API Diamondbacks
Crabs
Hawks--Buy
FCA - Blue--Sell
Team 9ty1--Sell