BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,564
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 13 of 28 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 27 28
Re: Boys 2020
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not good either. My final standings will stand at the end.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I'm not a Crabs parent and have a 2020 boy who is playing on age, but this is getting tiresome. This will be a non-issue for these boys next year. Each 2020 team (elite and "non" elite) has some boys who could be in 9th grade based on their birthdate. I know some parents feel very passionately about this, but I really think that the majority of the 2020 boys just want to play lacrosse and do not care if they are playing against "holdbacks". I think most of these boys hope to play varsity next year and will be on the field with boys 3-4 years older.

True statement about some 2020's, if they make varsity as freshman, will be playing against players 2-4 years older and that is accepted, as it covers grades 9 thru 12.
That is much different than playing youth grade base lacrosse with players in the 8th grade who should be in the 9th and quite a few in the 10th grade. At the youth level, it is well known which teams game the system to gain an advantage and make it part of their operating program while other teams have a few holdbacks, mostly due to academic reasons.
This isn't really a non issue, it is some clubs taking advantage and violating the spirit of grade base lacrosse. Many of these holdbakcs are not because of their birthdate but because their parents had them repeat either the 7th or 8th grade.
I, like you, am also tired of seeing this but like you said there are some who are very passionate about this. And, the players know who the holdbacks are and on certain clubs do not respect them, due to why they are holdbacks.
I would like to see age based youth lacrosse and put an end to this process and regardless of what grade a kid is in, he plays where his age dictates.

Well it's obvious from some of the words you used that you are one of the "passionate" parents. If it's the reason for the holdback that bothers you, why does everyone flip out about the middie for Crabs. He went to prefirst and repeated a grade in elementary school for purely academic reason. But according to you all he is "gaming the system". He played on on 2019 the last couple years, but can not do so this year because they are in high school. So you would prefer he not play lacrosse this spring? There are different reasons for everything and people speak about things they don't know. You all should worry about your own sons and not who wins and 8th grade lacrosse game.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm not a Crabs parent and have a 2020 boy who is playing on age, but this is getting tiresome. This will be a non-issue for these boys next year. Each 2020 team (elite and "non" elite) has some boys who could be in 9th grade based on their birthdate. I know some parents feel very passionately about this, but I really think that the majority of the 2020 boys just want to play lacrosse and do not care if they are playing against "holdbacks". I think most of these boys hope to play varsity next year and will be on the field with boys 3-4 years older.

True statement about some 2020's, if they make varsity as freshman, will be playing against players 2-4 years older and that is accepted, as it covers grades 9 thru 12.
That is much different than playing youth grade base lacrosse with players in the 8th grade who should be in the 9th and quite a few in the 10th grade. At the youth level, it is well known which teams game the system to gain an advantage and make it part of their operating program while other teams have a few holdbacks, mostly due to academic reasons.
This isn't really a non issue, it is some clubs taking advantage and violating the spirit of grade base lacrosse. Many of these holdbakcs are not because of their birthdate but because their parents had them repeat either the 7th or 8th grade.
I, like you, am also tired of seeing this but like you said there are some who are very passionate about this. And, the players know who the holdbacks are and on certain clubs do not respect them, due to why they are holdbacks.
I would like to see age based youth lacrosse and put an end to this process and regardless of what grade a kid is in, he plays where his age dictates.

Well it's obvious from some of the words you used that you are one of the "passionate" parents. If it's the reason for the holdback that bothers you, why does everyone flip out about the middie for Crabs. He went to prefirst and repeated a grade in elementary school for purely academic reason. But according to you all he is "gaming the system". He played on on 2019 the last couple years, but can not do so this year because they are in high school. So you would prefer he not play lacrosse this spring? There are different reasons for everything and people speak about things they don't know. You all should worry about your own sons and not who wins and 8th grade lacrosse game.

No, I am not one of the passionate parents and I'm not sure who you are talking about the middie for Crabs, I don't know any of them. I have seen that team and they have several big players, who they are I have no clue.
My point is that there are some who come on this board and pound this into the ground and I really get tired of seeing it, and for those people it is an issue.
My point was you cannot compare a freshman playing high schools lacrosse with an 8th grader playing against older players in youth lacrosse. In high school, it covers 4 grades.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any HOCO scores from the day?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The middie everyone is referring to got completely shut down today by kids two years younger than him. Nothing impressive about him except his 5 o'clock shadow.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You are a Crab apologist. Why does this child get an advantage over other children?? If he can play down..others should be allowed. The lacrosse world doesnt just rotate around the world of holdbacks..Anyone with common sense knows it is wrong at the YOUTH level..well except for people like you.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You are a Crab apologist. Why does this child get an advantage over other children?? If he can play down..others should be allowed. The lacrosse world doesnt just rotate around the world of holdbacks..Anyone with common sense knows it is wrong at the YOUTH level..well except for people like you.

He's in 8th grade. He played with Crabs 2019 for the last two years while he was in 6th and 7th grade. He is not repeating a grade this year. I ask again, should he not be allowed to play lacrosse because he repeated a grade in lower school for academic reasons? It's a grade based league. I'm sure he thought about gaming the system when he was in 3rd grade and having issues in school. Get a grip.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

He's in 8th grade. He played with Crabs 2019 for the last two years while he was in 6th and 7th grade. He is not repeating a grade this year. I ask again, should he not be allowed to play lacrosse because he repeated a grade in lower school for academic reasons? It's a grade based league. I'm sure he thought about gaming the system when he was in 3rd grade and having issues in school. Get a grip.

He is two years older regardless of the "reasons" . He should play with kids his own age and if none available then wait until next year. NOT put all the other kids who are the right age at a disadvantage in a YOUTH lacrosse league. It is not up to others to ensure he has a place to play when he is 2 years older. Think his parents would realize that it is not all about just their son despite what decisions and when he got there. Fine adults these kids are going to be thinking everyone owes them something.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crabs are joke. Full of talentless holdbacks who play against younger kids then pound their chests when they win. Classless.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Maybe he was in 6th and 7th grade when he played on Crabs 2019 but how old was he? He is now either 16 or close to 16 and playing on a 2020 team with most kids 13 or 14 years old. Plus he would not have missed a year playing with Crabs 2019 this summer because he presently also plays for Boys Latin's 8th grade team. Isn't that enough lacrosse for him this spring or was it that R.McClernan saw an opportunity to get another older/bigger player on his 2020 team. I truly think you need to get a grip. You are clearly a Crab parent/fan.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That kid is almost 16!!!!!! In 8th grade. Are u kidding me? Not to mention all the other holdbacks. It is comical.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That kid is almost 16!!!!!! In 8th grade. Are u kidding me? Not to mention all the other holdbacks. It is comical.

And so is the FCA d pole but I guess that's ok.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That's just as pathetic.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No that's not okay either except to their parents, their coaches and apparently Howard county. FCA has improved this year due to the influx of more mature players and they think nobody noticed. The kid is driving for goodness sake and repeated to get into CH. congratulations FCA on your fine values.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Just because the kid needed to start school later than his peers, and then was left back for academic reasons has nothing to do with the physical development of his body. Cognitive development and physical development are two totally different things. Academically he needed help, athletically he does not and should not be playing with kids 1-2 years younger. It is disgraceful that his coach and his parents did not encourage him to play with his peers all along. It is still not acceptable- period.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]That kid is almost 16!!!!!! In 8th grade. Are u kidding me? Not to mention all the other holdbacks. It is comical.

No that's not okay either except to their parents, their coaches and apparently Howard county. FCA has improved this year due to the influx of more mature players and they think nobody noticed. The kid is driving for goodness sake and repeated to get into CH. congratulations FCA on your fine values. [/quote

Summer birthday...lol

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
FCA has 1 holdback..the above you mentioned..the other 4 all played up last year as 7th graders and are true 8th graders. Don't try to jump FCA in with Crabs. Not even close on holdback numbers. Get your facts straight.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Those holdbacks will probably have D1 offers by end of 9th grade...that's why they do it and could care less what other parents think. D1 coaches love holdbacks. It's just the way sports work these days.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Those holdbacks will probably have D1 offers by end of 9th grade...that's why they do it and could care less what other parents think. D1 coaches love holdbacks. It's just the way sports work these days.

Actually, the coaches are starting to catch on. They are now starting to ask birthdate.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
FCA has 1 holdback..the above you mentioned..the other 4 all played up last year as 7th graders and are true 8th graders. Don't try to jump FCA in with Crabs. Not even close on holdback numbers. Get your facts straight.

Ha ha ha...and Crabs only has 2.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The middie everyone is referring to got completely shut down today by kids two years younger than him. Nothing impressive about him except his 5 o'clock shadow.

I would say that the 2 goalies for the Hawks were spot on and had an amazing amount of saves. The team did not shutdown anyone, I am pretty sure each goalie had at least 10 saves or more. So Kudos to the goalies they kept them in the game.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Whatever. You are either oblivious or just a flat out liar. I am an FCA parent and what you are saying is just not true. While it's true that FCA doesn't have as many holdback as Crabs, there are certainly more than 1 on FCA 2020.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Just because the kid needed to start school later than his peers, and then was left back for academic reasons has nothing to do with the physical development of his body. Cognitive development and physical development are two totally different things. Academically he needed help, athletically he does not and should not be playing with kids 1-2 years younger. It is disgraceful that his coach and his parents did not encourage him to play with his peers all along. It is still not acceptable- period.

What's disgraceful is that regardless his age, it is a kid you are talking about. I'm not sure what you missed, but he did play with his peers all along. He played for Crabs 2019 all through middle school until that team moved up to high school this year.

Someone said he gets to play for his 8th grade team at school so he doesn't need to play spring league. Well what the [lacrosse] is the difference? It's ok for him to play MIAA 8th grade lacrosse but not HOCO 8th grade lacrosse? I suppose you all just want him to sit home and play video games this year because he had a learning issue as a child. You people are frigging unbelievable. God forbid your little boy has to play someone a little older than they are when they are in 8TH GRADE. While it is technically "youth lacrosse", there can be a huge difference in size even between boys on age. You are all just pissed that you are getting your asses beat by this team or your son got cut or lost their spot. And no, I am not connected with Crabs 2020 at all, just sick of all the whining. Leave the kid alone. He played with his age as long as he was allowed by the rules. Now he is playing with the 8th grade team because that's what the rules dictate. He isn't repeating 8th grade. He didn't repeat 7th grade. His a good kid and a great athlete.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I would say that the 2 goalies for the Hawks were spot on and had an amazing amount of saves. The team did not shutdown anyone, I am pretty sure each goalie had at least 10 saves or more. So Kudos to the goalies they kept them in the game.
. The middie referred to is either 16 or very close to 16 and should be in the 10th grade right now. But instead, he is playing against 13 and 14 year olds and is in the 8th grade at BL. His father referred to him as "the big guy". His father must be so proud.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
For someone not associated with Crabs you sure know much about this player. He should be in 10th grade right now but he is in 8th grade. How that happened isn't important, the point is he should be playing with 2019 period. Not 2020 but 2019 where he belongs. If he couldn't play club this spring, that's his issue, not others issue. This player is very big and does not belong on 2020 simply because of age. I can care less this is grade based, he is a double holdback. His father referes to him as "the big guy". I'm also sure Ryan Mc jumped right in and put him on 2020. I'm not even going to address Crabs 2020, that team is a joke/comical to look at. Pathetic.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
For someone not associated with Crabs you sure know much about this player. He should be in 10th grade right now but he is in 8th grade. How that happened isn't important, the point is he should be playing with 2019 period. Not 2020 but 2019 where he belongs. If he couldn't play club this spring, that's his issue, not others issue. This player is very big and does not belong on 2020 simply because of age. I can care less this is grade based, he is a double holdback. His father referes to him as "the big guy". I'm also sure Ryan Mc jumped right in and put him on 2020. I'm not even going to address Crabs 2020, that team is a joke/comical to look at. Pathetic.

The joke is that the Crabs keep trying to justify what they are doing., f

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All wrong. I've coached him. Shares the ball. No learning issues, never had any. Always played up in everything he did from age 5. One of the younger ones on that team. No issue with playing as a senior n HS. High HSPT score, great kid, great athlete, multi sport athlete recruited for all 3 sports he plays. Very bright future! Liked by all the kids and adults HE cares to associate with. Respectful. None of the issues you gutter snipes try to hang on him. Your anxiety about this kid is entertaining. As I've heard him say many times before, who's next? Can't wait to watch him at the next level.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's like playing against your younger brother. Watch half the 2020 team reclass to 2021 before beachlax. Schools won't even be out and fat man will make the move. So pathetic.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No one has an anxiety over him or any other player on the Crabs. Don't flatter yourself. The ONLY thing people outside of the Crabs cabal think when they hear Crabs is HOLDBACKS. Is it rewarding to see 15/16 year olds play against 13/14 year olds? Do you enjoy it? Probably do...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]No one has an anxiety over him or any other player on the Crabs. Don't flatter yourself. The ONLY thing people outside of the Crabs cabal think when they hear Crabs is HOLDBACKS. Is it rewarding to see 15/16 year olds play against 13/14 year olds? Do you enjoy it? Probably do...

Look what slithered in....gutter snipe. Because you say it, its true. Anonymous keyboard warrior and card carrying member of the victim's society. What things do you enjoy.....wait we don't want to know.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No one has an anxiety over him or any other player on the Crabs. Don't flatter yourself. The ONLY thing people outside of the Crabs cabal think when they hear Crabs is HOLDBACKS. Is it rewarding to see 15/16 year olds play against 13/14 year olds? Do you enjoy it? Probably do...

I have no skin in the game on this but it's obvious you and a few others do have lots of anxiety over this particular player. There are many kids who have reclasesed and are playing 8th grade lacrosse across many teams in Baltimore. There are plenty of targets for you however you single this particular one out. So yes, you and your fan club appear very anxious to the rest of us.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All wrong. I've coached him. Shares the ball. No learning issues, never had any. Always played up in everything he did from age 5. One of the younger ones on that team. No issue with playing as a senior n HS. High HSPT score, great kid, great athlete, multi sport athlete recruited for all 3 sports he plays. Very bright future! Liked by all the kids and adults HE cares to associate with. Respectful. None of the issues you gutter snipes try to hang on him. Your anxiety about this kid is entertaining. As I've heard him say many times before, who's next? Can't wait to watch him at the next level.

. These kids all go to school together. They know the kids as do the parents. They know their ages from attending their birthdays. They play with them on their middle school teams, are friends with them on social media etc. They know when they got their learners permit. Possible you are misunderstanding which kids everyone knows are holdbacks or even double holdbacks on Crabs or perhaps you never really knew how old they were.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
funny this is - next level is probably playing for the 2021 team along with rest of the other holdbacks on the crabs.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
funny this is - next level is probably playing for the 2021 team along with rest of the other holdbacks on the crabs.

Think you may want to try to type this again. Not sure what the [lacrosse] you are talking about.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It means the NEXT LEVEL of playing with probably be reclassing again and joining the 2021 team. How many 2020 players do you think will be on the 2021 team by beach lax?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It means the NEXT LEVEL of playing with probably be reclassing again and joining the 2021 team. How many 2020 players do you think will be on the 2021 team by beach lax?

They will be opting to pick up their college verbals and forgoing another year of youth lacrosse

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If past is prologue - there will be multiple 2020s on 2021 next year. Can't compete with kids your own age so rinse and repeat. Total sham.

Verbal commit - wow. So exciting. They will be 23 by the time they leave college and then can go play in the MLL for the BIG money.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So basically what you're saying is he was held back twice so he could gain an athletic advantage over kids 2 years younger then him. Congratulations; very courageous of him.

Guess he decided he had played up enough since he was 5 and challenge himself now. Such character. I hope he writes about it in his college admission essay on how being held back two years to play sports shaped him as a man and made him a better person.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So basically what you're saying is he was held back twice so he could gain an athletic advantage over kids 2 years younger then him. Congratulations; very courageous of him.

Guess he decided he had played up enough since he was 5 and challenge himself now. Such character. I hope he writes about it in his college admission essay on how being held back two years to play sports shaped him as a man and made him a better person.

The "coach" has no idea what he's talking about. Or hie's talking about a different kid. Either way, it's not really anyone's business what parents choose to do with their own children. People should worry about their own and not which club team wins a t-shirt.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

None. Crabs isn't playing in Beach Lax.

Page 13 of 28 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 27 28

Link Copied to Clipboard