BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,545
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 34 of 77 1 2 32 33 34 35 36 76 77
Re: High School Lax Boys
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not sure I agree with the latest ranking polls. How is Manhasett in the top 25 and not Massapequa ?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As long as you win your last game of the season by 1 goal, who cares about rankings??

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Cham K-Berg score?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Cham 9
Kellenberg 4

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
WI won

Originally Posted by Anonymous
Commack West Islip today should answer a few questions

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
St A 16. SJB 5

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
St A 16. SJB 5

2-1 end of 1st quarter. But way too many horses.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Syosset over SWR in OT!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Chaminade v Yorktown on Saturday. Both programs having a down year, should be a good game.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Syosset over SWR in OT!

SWR up 6-3 at half and 9-3 mid of 3rd. Syo scores 8 straight to go up 11-9 with 2 min to play then SWR ties it with 30 seconds left and Syo converts in OT - great battle by both teams

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
St A 16. SJB 5

In pressed with SJB's Defense. Very good in the 1st and part of the 2nd quarter. But as the last poster, posted way to much for them. SJB's middies played well but attack not very good. If they had a stronger attack it could have been a little closer. The difference in the programs many more quality kids.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
WI won

Commack West Islip today should answer a few questions

Not sure anything was answered. Still confused by these 2 not much separation.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If I may rant for a minuet. Recently, on both the boys and girls high school threads, I have seen comments to people {being anonymous we don't know the ages or profession of anyone} about attending H.S. games. In some situations an attendee either didn't have a child on either team, or stayed at a tournament longer than some felt appropriate to watch other teams play, or traveled a distance some would see as too far, or voided a game for "scouting" purposes. These people were vilified by others, and even called derogatory names for watching a sport the love. Why is it only lacrosse parents do this. If someone went to watch a football game, or a basketball game between two good teams no one would care or say a word. Who are these parents to hijack a public sporting event and slander people for loving a sport. Are they the same people that complain that Lacrosse isn't popular enough and should receive more attention, while excluding anyone without a direct interest in any particular game. Shame on you for calling someone a "perv" or a "loser" for watching a game they love. I bet you're the same person making March Madness brackets at your office, does that also make you a
"perv" or a "loser" for watching that sport with no child involved. Maybe if we welcomed people into watch our children play the sport we all love it will grow and become bigger, instead of pointing fingers at people and calling fans names.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If I may rant for a minuet. Recently, on both the boys and girls high school threads, I have seen comments to people {being anonymous we don't know the ages or profession of anyone} about attending H.S. games. In some situations an attendee either didn't have a child on either team, or stayed at a tournament longer than some felt appropriate to watch other teams play, or traveled a distance some would see as too far, or voided a game for "scouting" purposes. These people were vilified by others, and even called derogatory names for watching a sport the love. Why is it only lacrosse parents do this. If someone went to watch a football game, or a basketball game between two good teams no one would care or say a word. Who are these parents to hijack a public sporting event and slander people for loving a sport. Are they the same people that complain that Lacrosse isn't popular enough and should receive more attention, while excluding anyone without a direct interest in any particular game. Shame on you for calling someone a "perv" or a "loser" for watching a game they love. I bet you're the same person making March Madness brackets at your office, does that also make you a
"perv" or a "loser" for watching that sport with no child involved. Maybe if we welcomed people into watch our children play the sport we all love it will grow and become bigger, instead of pointing fingers at people and calling fans names.

I understand the point but there was also a point to those responding - if you were at Staples last week it was for a reason. Not just a weekend drive as a spectator to see a game. I am all for seeing a game that is nearbye, but the travel and traffic to staples is a bit much for just watching a game as a fan.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I understand the point but there was also a point to those responding - if you were at Staples last week it was for a reason. Not just a weekend drive as a spectator to see a game. I am all for seeing a game that is nearbye, but the travel and traffic to staples is a bit much for just watching a game as a fan.

I live about a half an hour from Manhasset and i do not have a kid on Manhasset or CSH but was thinking about going over on Monday night to watch the game, would that be OK in your book or should I stay away? not sure were the cut off is.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Syosset beat SWR in overtime, overcoming a big deficit and handing the team their first loss. Way to battle boys!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I agree with the previous poster. my son and myself, separately, have attended rival games to size up the opponents, to hear patents of opposing team mutter "what the [lacrosse] is he doing here?"

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Syosset beat SWR in overtime, overcoming a big deficit and handing the team their first loss. Way to battle boys!

Only Bad coaching can blow a 6pt lead!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Only Bad coaching can blow a 6pt lead!

Not necessarily , Syosset always seems to be a 2nd half team in competitive games. Last year's team was the same way. They just seem to start slow and then all of a sudden come alive. Sometimes I don't think it says anything about the other team it just shows you can't get too comfortable if you think you have a good lead when playing Syosset.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
St A 16. SJB 5

In pressed with SJB's Defense. Very good in the 1st and part of the 2nd quarter. But as the last poster, posted way to much for them. SJB's middies played well but attack not very good. If they had a stronger attack it could have been a little closer. The difference in the programs many more quality kids.

And how about faceoffs?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I live about a half an hour from Manhasset and i do not have a kid on Manhasset or CSH but was thinking about going over on Monday night to watch the game, would that be OK in your book or should I stay away? not sure were the cut off is.

You are a pervert if you don't at least have a kid with you.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why? I was at a football tournament in NJ, an older woman was there, her husband had been a huge contributor to the HS football program in years past. He had passed away, yet she continued to attend. She said watching HS football was the highlight of her year, she had always gone, and always would. By herself, no children/grandchildren of her own in attendance. I would say she was about 65-70 years old. Is she a pervert? Give it a rest.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The game before that, Comsewogue held them to only 4 goals and it took a double overtime for SWR to squeak out a win.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The only thing that is perverted is your twisted sense of morality. There is nothing wrong with watching athletes play a game.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
St A 16. SJB 5

And how about faceoffs?

Faceoff kid was very good. Won a lot of the battles but didn't end up with the ball because of the LSM's? The LSM position is not as strong. Looks like there are 2 under classmen at LSM? freshmen or Soph? Just too small and not mature enough physically to compete on the Varsity yet. They look very tentative and were knocked all over when they went to get the ball.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Any pervert worthy of being called a pervert would have a kid with him, it just wouldn't be his.
Seriously, there is absolutely nothing perverted about going to a Youth sporting event without having a kid participating. I will occasionally stop and watch a little tykes soccer match to remind me of how innocent sport can be. I smile when I see the kids smile. I will go to HS games because I enjoy them, and they were a huge part of my life for years.
As to the notion of scouting games, I think it is all about age. At the HS level, sure why not......any younger and you are probably taking the whole thing a touch too seriously.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Delbarton over St. Anthony's today. Summti beat Delbarton in 3OT to start the season and remain undefeated. Bridgewater beat GC and also are undefeated. These 3 NJ teams are very good and can play with anybody. Probably Ridgewood too. Top NJ teams still underrated despite entering top end of national polls and by many on this board.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Delbarton over St. Anthony's today. Summti beat Delbarton in 3OT to start the season and remain undefeated. Bridgewater beat GC and also are undefeated. These 3 NJ teams are very good and can play with anybody. Probably Ridgewood too. Top NJ teams still underrated despite entering top end of national polls and by many on this board.

Only thing your missing is that St. A is not a top team, so the win doesn't prove much

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Only thing your missing is that St. A is not a top team, so the win doesn't prove much
oh really? Undefeated before this game and ranked towards the top in the country in national polls. But nice try. Delbarton also beat up Malvern Prep who was top 10 or better in national pools.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Has anybody heard whether kids were told they would be in Haverford and than didn't get in? I know this has been happening repeatedly over the last 3 or 4 years and just want to know if it happened this year. Amazing that a school that prides itself on a honor code would allow their Men's Head Coach to lie to 17 year olds each year.

Just let me know. Hope it didn't happen again

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Has anybody heard whether kids were told they would be in Haverford and than didn't get in? I know this has been happening repeatedly over the last 3 or 4 years and just want to know if it happened this year. Amazing that a school that prides itself on a honor code would allow their Men's Head Coach to lie to 17 year olds each year.

Not too many people care to be honest...next subject...how good is CSH? Is Locust Valley just as good or is it the soft schedule? The game between these two should be great. Once CSH beat Syoset it changed everything.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

oh really? Undefeated before this game and ranked towards the top in the country in national polls. But nice try. Delbarton also beat up Malvern Prep who was top 10 or better in national pools.

Undefeated playing a weak schedule maybe. Not one of the better tri state teams by any means!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

When you comit to a school , coach is promising you a roster spot IF and WHEN you get in. Getting in , is up to the kid , not the coach. There may be a little curve for an athlete , but not much in the better academic schools.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Are we talking about D3 Haverford college? Or Haverford Prep school?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
D3 Haverford college. No disrespect meant to the Prep School

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Kids have ONE shot and one school to apply early admissions. When a coach says your kid is "in" and it has been approved by admissions, you should be accepted unless your grades drop dramatically or you have another extreme problem. "getting in is up to the kid, not the coach" is 100% wrong. You really have no idea what you are talking about. I've been thru this with 3 lacrosse players, 2 boys, one girl, 2 Div 1, 1 Div 3, and if a coach told me my kid was in, and than he was rejected, like it appears has happened at Haverford, I would be beyond upset. I'm just correcting this comment from the writer so no one is misled by someone who's kid obviously hasn't gone thru the process. When a coach says you are "done" and you apply ED, you should be in 99.99% of the time.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Kids have ONE shot and one school to apply early admissions. When a coach says your kid is "in" and it has been approved by admissions, you should be accepted unless your grades drop dramatically or you have another extreme problem. "getting in is up to the kid, not the coach" is 100% wrong. You really have no idea what you are talking about. I've been thru this with 3 lacrosse players, 2 boys, one girl, 2 Div 1, 1 Div 3, and if a coach told me my kid was in, and than he was rejected, like it appears has happened at Haverford, I would be beyond upset. I'm just correcting this comment from the writer so no one is misled by someone who's kid obviously hasn't gone thru the process. When a coach says you are "done" and you apply ED, you should be in 99.99% of the time.

Had two kids go throug d 1. Coaches say you are in as long as you maintain this GPA and get this on your sat. It's a modified number but kid has to do their part. 100 percent of the time. Not coaches fault. It's two way deal.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
D3 Haverford college. No disrespect meant to the Prep School

But a ton of disrespect levied at Haverford College.
Not unheard of that admissions doesn't quite see the value in a kid that a coch does, especially if his last semester is an academic disaster.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Where does it say it was an ED situation? The OP is asking in mid April, which to me means it was a standard decision time event. Plenty of coaches, especially without scholarships to be determined, will tell a kid "I have a spot for you, and I will push for you, I doubt there will be any problems....make sure you keep your grades up". And the parents hear "you're in".

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I also heard this about Haverford. And heard it from multiple people. I personally know of two kids who kept their grades up and both were told by the Haverford HC they were "done" and than didn't get in. One year apparently Haverford only took two of the ten kids they told were "done". Just be careful if you are dealing with Haverford. That's all I'm saying.

Page 34 of 77 1 2 32 33 34 35 36 76 77

Link Copied to Clipboard