BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,564
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 12 of 28 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 27 28
Re: Boys 2020
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If the Crab's are such a joke and disrecpected by all, why do you spend so much time trashingb them. You come off as a jealous [lacrosse] who's kid got cut!!!

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Complete BS re: Crabs talent. There are no 2021 players on Crabs that would "dominate" on age kids (2020) on any team that plays in the HOCO elite division. You are smoking something.

If those 2021 kids are so good - maybe they should play up on the 2020 team. Oh wait - we are talking about the Crabs...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
If the Crab's are such a joke and disrecpected by all, why do you spend so much time trashingb them. You come off as a jealous [lacrosse] who's kid got cut!!!

You got me, it's jealousy. I wish my kid had the "courage" to repeat a grade, and then the "fearlessnes" to step on to the lacrosse field with boys 12-18 months his junior. I'm so jealous that my kid is not willing to make those "sacrifices" and provide me the sort of pride that you are clearly obtaining from yours!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]If the Crab's are such a joke and disrecpected by all, why do you spend so much time trashingb them. You come off as a jealous [lacrosse] who's kid got cut!!! [/quote

Calling people a jealous [lacrosse] shows your level of intelligence and your true demeanor.
What you and other Crab parents/fans fail to realize and grasp is that others are in no way jealous of Crabs, nor has their kid been cut from Crabs. My son plays for an elite 2020 team, is a starter and is on age. He has no desire to play for Crabs but they would love to have him. There are many other strong elite 2020 players who have no desire to play for Crabs.
These kids talk, they know who the holdbacks are and do not respect them in any way, nor do they think they are strong/talented players, they are just big because most are 15 and close to 16 years old.
Believe me, people come on here and trash the sh*t our of Crabs simply because they and the parents/fans are a true disgrace to youth lacrosse.
So, just keep trying to push back and make excuses, it doesn't work.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Its pretty obvious that the same 2-3 people keep coming on this site and trashing the Crabs over and over again as its the same exact rants over and over again. ie; double holdbacks, average players at best, cheaters, WSYL loss, etc -- ad nauseum. Case in point is the above poster who continues to come on here and state Crabs would love to have his kid but he has no desire to play for them. I think that one is pretty funny.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crabs 2020 - If you ain't driving you ain't playing. Middie and Defenseman (former middie) are double holdbacks. They both should be in tenth grade. Any crab parent out there dare to say this isn't true?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Holdbacks - check
Cheaters - check
WSYL loss on national tv because they couldn't use their holdbacks - check

Sounds like you are crabs parent - why don't you post month and year of every player on the 2020 team. You won't - too embarrassing

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Its pretty obvious that the same 2-3 people keep coming on this site and trashing the Crabs over and over again as its the same exact rants over and over again. ie; double holdbacks, average players at best, cheaters, WSYL loss, etc -- ad nauseum. Case in point is the above poster who continues to come on here and state Crabs would love to have his kid but he has no desire to play for them. I think that one is pretty funny.

I think you are mistaken, it seems to be more than 2 or 3 people. Would you think just that many would not like Crabs? I'm guessing more than that. It's not my son that the poster you mentioned, but I do know this kid and I do know Crabs would like to have him. Just sayin.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Most who know the crabs story (all of 2020 elite and most of AAs) have no respect for them. Don't fool yourself - crabs deserves all of the contempt they get for the way they have corrupted youth lacrosse. The poor kids who know nothing about character. Even the few who at age have nobody's respect for agreeing to go along with the sham. The parents who allow this whether their kid is on age or a holdback are just pathetic - be a parent and say no and explain to your child why character and sportsmanship from yourself And from those you associate with is more important than winning.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You got me, it's jealousy. I wish my kid had the "courage" to repeat a grade, and then the "fearlessnes" to step on to the lacrosse field with boys 12-18 months his junior. I'm so jealous that my kid is not willing to make those "sacrifices" and provide me the sort of pride that you are clearly obtaining from yours!!

That's awesome! The irony is great! well put- thank you for the truth and the chuckle!

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wrong I only post occasionally and I along with many others think that the Crabs are doing a disservice to youth lacrosse and Maryland Lacrosse in general.
At one time the Crabs had some respect but not anymore. Many MIAA players want to play for them, but they have a taint and many know it .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Madlax has more holdbacks than Crabs, but nobody says anything. FCA, Looney's, Rising Sons - all have multiple holdbacks.

I guess it's fine to ignore teams with holdbacks if they don't beat you.

At 2020 MadLax doesn't beat anybody so yes, nobody cares.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Madlax has more holdbacks than Crabs, but nobody says anything. FCA, Looney's, Rising Sons - all have multiple holdbacks.

I guess it's fine to ignore teams with holdbacks if they don't beat you.

At 2020 MadLax doesn't beat anybody so yes, nobody cares.

So can someone tell us how many holdbacks this team has? If they have very few we can see why they are not any good.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The CRAB 2020 team is impressive..and should be, as they are BIG
and can play. When you see the size difference, it hits you how silly they are. Come on guys..play up and see how you do..you are 15, 16 anyway. Crab parents...very sad.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wrong I only post occasionally and I along with many others think that the Crabs are doing a disservice to youth lacrosse and Maryland Lacrosse in general.
At one time the Crabs had some respect but not anymore. Many MIAA players want to play for them, but they have a taint and many know it .

I'm no doctor, but doesn't everyone have a taint?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
is blackwolf going to field a 2020 team this summer now that they are combining with 3dma

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I'm no doctor, but doesn't everyone have a taint?

did you stay at a holiday inn express?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Another tough weekend for rising sons against Looneys and fca

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don't think blackwolf will have 2020 this year. Hadn't heard of any combo with anyone and no trig tweet so I'm dubious

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

As long as the games are close, the 2020 Elite teams are all evenly matched and it could be any team any week. Has been a great series of games so far with no clear dominator that is not loaded with 15 and 16 year olds. Crabs is an outlier given the number of older kids they have and nobody even considers them given how they have gotten where they are. Surprised to hear that Rising Sons also is loading up with older kids including a 2000 which explains why they are so much better this year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The CRAB 2020 team is impressive..and should be, as they are BIG
and can play. When you see the size difference, it hits you how silly they are. Come on guys..play up and see how you do..you are 15, 16 anyway. Crab parents...very sad.

Yes, agree- the team would get a lot more respect playing up since that is where they really belong. The best kids and teams play up, not down. Crabs, give it a try and leave the 2020 games to kids that belong there. Playing 2020 is shameful with your aged kids, not impressive.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sons is okay. Hoco let in another known cheater. Team is a step sister of crabs

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I am sure their coach will be freaking out on the sideline again. Man, that guy is going to have a heart attack one of these days

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Don't be so coy, tell us who.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Don't be so coy, tell us who.
who the step sister is?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hoco is ignoring their own rule blatantly and it is shameful. Their rules also say you have to pay to officially challenge the other team's roster. So,they know they are breaking the rules, continue to break their rule and then want you to follow their rule to point out they are breaking their own rule., embarrassment and definitely not offering the league for the kids. Wonder if they will be so unresponsive when a kid gets hurt by one of these bigger older kids and someone charges them and the individuals involved at the county with negligence in not following their rule??

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hoco is ignoring their own rule blatantly and it is shameful. Their rules also say you have to pay to officially challenge the other team's roster. So,they know they are breaking the rules, continue to break their rule and then want you to follow their rule to point out they are breaking their own rule., embarrassment and definitely not offering the league for the kids. Wonder if they will be so unresponsive when a kid gets hurt by one of these bigger older kids and someone charges them and the individuals involved at the county with negligence in not following their rule??

What rule are they breaking? It's a grade based league?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No rules are being broken. While not it the spirit of fair competition, hold backs are here, so please move on. Unfortunately "normal" grade advancement now includes repeating a grade due to academic, emotional, social, and yes, athletic reasons.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

A lot of people don't want to read plain English because it goes against what they think it "should" be. The rules state

Originally Posted by League Rules

The Conference follows a grade based system based on the player’s current grade level and assuming normal progression of school to graduation.

and a lot of people think that says that kids should be playing with the grade they'd be if they weren't held back. So if a kid is in 7th grade this year but by age he could be an 8th grader, they think he should be playing 2020 instead of 2021, which would be his current graduation year.

In a way, I get why they think that... they read "normal progression" and think it's not normal for a 15 year old kid to be in 7th grade. And quite honestly I agree with the sentiment. But the rules clearly state that it's a kid's CURRENT grade level that is used for placement.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

A lot of people don't want to read plain English because it goes against what they think it "should" be. The rules state

The Conference follows a grade based system based on the player’s current grade level and assuming normal progression of school to graduation.

and a lot of people think that says that kids should be playing with the grade they'd be if they weren't held back. So if a kid is in 7th grade this year but by age he could be an 8th grader, they think he should be playing 2020 instead of 2021, which would be his current graduation year.

In a way, I get why they think that... they read "normal progression" and think it's not normal for a 15 year old kid to be in 7th grade. And quite honestly I agree with the sentiment. But the rules clearly state that it's a kid's CURRENT grade level that is used for placement.

And you know what? It's only $50 to challenge a roster. If as a parent it means that much to you, pony it up. See what they tell you and let us know.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
is blackwolf going to field a 2020 team this summer now that they are combining with 3dma

What you talkin about Willis?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What you talkin about Willis?

This is no where on the internet. If this is true its all behind close doors at this time.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

And you know what? It's only $50 to challenge a roster. If as a parent it means that much to you, pony it up. See what they tell you and let us know.
Great Idea! To register the challenge and pay the fee, go to www-crabslax-com.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I am assuming you are referring to them having two 2020 kids on their 2021 team last year? The did get kicked out of a league in PA because of it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You are only reading one part of it-current grade yes BUT assuming normal progression. There is no other possible interpretation. The current grade criteria only applies if it was normal prigression and being held backnor being a 15/16 year old in 8th grade is not. Just more propaganda by holdback proponents including hoco.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm not a Crabs parent and have a 2020 boy who is playing on age, but this is getting tiresome. This will be a non-issue for these boys next year. Each 2020 team (elite and "non" elite) has some boys who could be in 9th grade based on their birthdate. I know some parents feel very passionately about this, but I really think that the majority of the 2020 boys just want to play lacrosse and do not care if they are playing against "holdbacks". I think most of these boys hope to play varsity next year and will be on the field with boys 3-4 years older.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm not a Crabs parent and have a 2020 boy who is playing on age, but this is getting tiresome. This will be a non-issue for these boys next year. Each 2020 team (elite and "non" elite) has some boys who could be in 9th grade based on their birthdate. I know some parents feel very passionately about this, but I really think that the majority of the 2020 boys just want to play lacrosse and do not care if they are playing against "holdbacks". I think most of these boys hope to play varsity next year and will be on the field with boys 3-4 years older.

True statement about some 2020's, if they make varsity as freshman, will be playing against players 2-4 years older and that is accepted, as it covers grades 9 thru 12.
That is much different than playing youth grade base lacrosse with players in the 8th grade who should be in the 9th and quite a few in the 10th grade. At the youth level, it is well known which teams game the system to gain an advantage and make it part of their operating program while other teams have a few holdbacks, mostly due to academic reasons.
This isn't really a non issue, it is some clubs taking advantage and violating the spirit of grade base lacrosse. Many of these holdbakcs are not because of their birthdate but because their parents had them repeat either the 7th or 8th grade.
I, like you, am also tired of seeing this but like you said there are some who are very passionate about this. And, the players know who the holdbacks are and on certain clubs do not respect them, due to why they are holdbacks.
I would like to see age based youth lacrosse and put an end to this process and regardless of what grade a kid is in, he plays where his age dictates.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sons are still the youngest team on average.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Based on what?? Sons has over 5 players that do not meet 2020 ages and a 2000 birthday. We are calculating averages now for team ages?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Based on what?? Sons has over 5 players that do not meet 2020 ages and a 2000 birthday. We are calculating averages now for team ages?

Exactly. Maybe if they are comparing themselves to the Crabs and the Looney's.

Page 12 of 28 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 27 28

Link Copied to Clipboard