BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 17 of 75 1 2 15 16 17 18 19 74 75
Re: 2016 Women's College Lacrosse Season
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NU.....going they way of Immaculata women's basketball. Better use your purple Pom poms while you still can.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Typical JS keeping the NCAA's leading goal scorer in the game to pad her stats when it's 15-0. He does it with his club teams too. zero class

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Here is a question I am throwing out there to everyone if a NCAA Coach is verbally abusing players and bullying them beyond the normal realm of things who do we contact outside of our university to report this.

How about you don't call anyone. You teach your daughter to deal with the situation for herself. Let her figure it out and overcome whatever life throws at her.

I hope you're not a parent. If an 18 year old is being bullied she needs a safe place to go, and sadly many ADs do nothing. I would suggest looking up the ncaa anti bully contact information.

This is the dumbest thing I've ever read. A safe place to go? Because the world is so very safe. I got news for you Dad - your 18 year old princess can get drafted to fight in a war now. Not exactly a safe place to go. If you 18 year old can't handle being "bullied" then you've failed as a parent. Wait until she comes to work for a real boss. Are you going to call them too? Because they'll enjoy firing her with you still on the phone to hear her tears. Good job Dad.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Here is a question I am throwing out there to everyone if a NCAA Coach is verbally abusing players and bullying them beyond the normal realm of things who do we contact outside of our university to report this.

How about you don't call anyone. You teach your daughter to deal with the situation for herself. Let her figure it out and overcome whatever life throws at her.

I hope you're not a parent. If an 18 year old is being bullied she needs a safe place to go, and sadly many ADs do nothing. I would suggest looking up the ncaa anti bully contact information.

This is the dumbest thing I've ever read. A safe place to go? Because the world is so very safe. I got news for you Dad - your 18 year old princess can get drafted to fight in a war now. Not exactly a safe place to go. If you 18 year old can't handle being "bullied" then you've failed as a parent. Wait until she comes to work for a real boss. Are you going to call them too? Because they'll enjoy firing her with you still on the phone to hear her tears. Good job Dad.

I'm a mom you idiot, don't get it twisted. And while you sit on your fat [lacrosse] allowing a coach to say disgusting things to your daughter and pound your chest because you think you're a success that she can't come to you there are those of us would not have to make any calls to anyone. An old school meeting with the coach behind a closed door would end being called the hints no young lady should ever be called. You can't talk with a broken jaw, not even you father of the year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Small detail, there is no draft! The armed services are all volunteer you dope.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

LMAO, the guy letting his daughter be abused is possibly the most disgusting parent comment I have seen on this site. Its your daughter you dope if she cannot count on support from her own father I really feel bad for the kid, and yes an 18 year old is still just a kid. Its sad for her and I hope her mother is not some uncaring moron also.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

LMAO, the guy letting his daughter be abused is possibly the most disgusting parent comment I have seen on this site. Its your daughter you dope if she cannot count on support from her own father I really feel bad for the kid, and yes an 18 year old is still just a kid. Its sad for her and I hope her mother is not some uncaring moron also.

Probably formerly registered now unregistered angry anti-NU guy.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
At the beginning of the season I posted that I thought USC was ready to take the next step into the top 10. I stated that the jedi had learned well from the master and that west coast lacrosse was going to get a big boost from another strong, contending program along side Stanford. I was roundly ridiculed on here. I would like you all to acknowledge now that my prediction has come true. Munday et al have established themselves as a top notch program in just 4 short years, following the pattern of NU 15 years ago. They have outstanding recruiting classes coming in future years as well, including the best MF on LI this year. Kudos to the coaches and players for doing what most east coasters thought was impossible (again!). --- funny coincidence that the code verification to submit this post starts w NU2B ... maybe so!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Once that new indoor stadium is built she will be able to recruit the best players - its a horrible place to play and practice. NU has lost the recruiting battle to MD, UF, ND, Cuse, UNC, etc because the environment is much better and NU is not the power house they once were - which came first chicken or egg?[/quote]

Certainly will help. So does the fact that it's the best school on your list.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Pretty general statement. Best for one might not be best for another. Do we really care this much about NU on this site?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Typical JS keeping the NCAA's leading goal scorer in the game to pad her stats when it's 15-0. He does it with his club teams too. zero class

Yeah heard bout that. D was at the game she said it was ridiculous. This is typical for JS.

Only one team on LI who I have utmost respect for, who could poss have 30-0 games, and guess what? Coach doesn't allow it, has never happened.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Pretty general statement. Best for one might not be best for another. Do we really care this much about NU on this site?

OK fine lets play that game. Harvard is not a good fit for my daughter. She is better off at Adelphi etc. Blah blah blah ...

Best mix of Academics and high level lax in no particular order ... Stanford, NU, ND, Duke, Princeton, Penn, Virginia, Hopkins ... bunch right behind UNC, USC, BC, Cornell, Harvard ... That second group is very strong on one side (UNC for lax Harvard for Academics) and still good on the other.

Amongst those schools, there is a great fit any good student. Now if your daughter is not a good student, that's a different conversation.

There how's that? More specific? Original statement still stands. The best school in that original list is NU.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

OK fine lets play that game. Harvard is not a good fit for my daughter. She is better off at Adelphi etc. Blah blah blah ...

Best mix of Academics and high level lax in no particular order ... Stanford, NU, ND, Duke, Princeton, Penn, Virginia, Hopkins ... bunch right behind UNC, USC, BC, Cornell, Harvard ... That second group is very strong on one side (UNC for lax Harvard for Academics) and still good on the other.

Amongst those schools, there is a great fit any good student. Now if your daughter is not a good student, that's a different conversation.

There how's that? More specific? Original statement still stands. The best school in that original list is NU.

Just stop it, NU is NG. No matter how hard you try.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hello again angry guy w daughter who didn't measure up to your hopes and dreams ... I wish her well ... and great distance from you so that she may recover her self esteem and do wonderful things with her life.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hello again angry guy w daughter who didn't measure up to your hopes and dreams ... I wish her well ... and great distance from you so that she may recover her self esteem and do wonderful things with her life.

Unfortunately for her he is probably the same dad who lets his kid be abused.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Picking the right school includes the coach. Many kids who have gone to NU regret doing so. Even some who won National Championships. That is a fact.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Picking the right school includes the coach. Many kids who have gone to NU regret doing so. Even some who won National Championships. That is a fact.

Wow! Many kids regret going to many places when they don't get playing time etc. Now we are going to say KAH is not a great coach. OK. You have zero credibility.

I personally know dozens of players from those NU teams. They to a woman say KAH was tough, but also one of the most influential people in their entire lives. That the lessons they learned from her have stayed with them and they use them all the time. They look back on their years at NU as some of the greatest times of their lives. Most still show up to each others weddings etc. So go on, keep being negative if you want. KAH is one of the greatest coaches not only in women's lacrosse, but in Big Ten history across any sport. Don't believe me? Watch the video ... https://vimeo.com/41340927

I know women who have played at most top programs over the last 15 years. Many of them differ greatly on their coaches and their experiences. I would have my daughters play for KAH in a second if they could.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Name them. They are not kids any more. The board rules are fine with you putting their names here. Go for it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You think all the midwestern lax nuts are talking this much about LI lax? Most of us on here dont care about NU. Set up a NU thread, so we can have some peace. Thanks

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
At the beginning of the season I posted that I thought USC was ready to take the next step into the top 10. I stated that the jedi had learned well from the master and that west coast lacrosse was going to get a big boost from another strong, contending program along side Stanford. I was roundly ridiculed on here. I would like you all to acknowledge now that my prediction has come true. Munday et al have established themselves as a top notch program in just 4 short years, following the pattern of NU 15 years ago. They have outstanding recruiting classes coming in future years as well, including the best MF on LI this year. Kudos to the coaches and players for doing what most east coasters thought was impossible (again!). --- funny coincidence that the code verification to submit this post starts w NU2B ... maybe so!!

Not exactly a grueling schedule, lets see if they are still in the top 10 when the dust settles

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Name them. They are not kids any more. The board rules are fine with you putting their names here. Go for it.

I wouldn't call it regret. Its more like the bloom came off the rose by the time they graduated.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I wouldn't call it regret. Its more like the bloom came off the rose by the time they graduated.

That happens at almost every program. Players go in believing they will get playing time. I mean why not, they were HS studettes, and courted during recruiting. When they don't see the field as often as they expected, and then some freshman is starting over them after they've done everything asked their disenchantment sets in. Usually bolstered by mom and dad.
Then they begin to resent all they missed as a student-athlete. Seen it happen a bunch.
The friendships are solid, but the lax experience was less than they had hoped.

I have always wondered why there aren't more great HS players who decide to go to great schools with good but not great lax teams, and then try and elevate a program. Go have an impact.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wow! Many kids regret going to many places when they don't get playing time etc. Now we are going to say KAH is not a great coach. OK. You have zero credibility.

I personally know dozens of players from those NU teams. They to a woman say KAH was tough, but also one of the most influential people in their entire lives. That the lessons they learned from her have stayed with them and they use them all the time. They look back on their years at NU as some of the greatest times of their lives. Most still show up to each others weddings etc. So go on, keep being negative if you want. KAH is one of the greatest coaches not only in women's lacrosse, but in Big Ten history across any sport. Don't believe me? Watch the video ... https://vimeo.com/41340927

I know women who have played at most top programs over the last 15 years. Many of them differ greatly on their coaches and their experiences. I would have my daughters play for KAH in a second if they could.

Time has passed her and her program by. No more national titles unfortunately, very good coach, but it's time for her to go.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
She rides the girls almost 7 hours on some days coupled with it being zero degrees for most of the school year. Should be a great education but very few of the girls take majors that mean anything. No different than most of the top 10 lacrosse schools. Lacrosse is a job, its not fun. You are there to play lacrosse and that's it

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
She rides the girls almost 7 hours on some days coupled with it being zero degrees for most of the school year. Should be a great education but very few of the girls take majors that mean anything. No different than most of the top 10 lacrosse schools. Lacrosse is a job, its not fun. You are there to play lacrosse and that's it

That is just uninformed ... you can go look at the majors. Many young woman are taking very meaningful majors. And at a school like NU, that is truly impressive.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Checked the box score - she scored 5 out of 8 of her goals in the second half after leading 8-0 at the break. Last one with 3 minutes left and the score 15-0. Guess he's hoping the T award people will only look at numbers, not situations.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why people choose schools is their own choice and should be based on academics, athletics but equally fit. Walk around campus without coaches and get a feel for it !

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agreed. As far as programs go, I believe parity to some degree has hit wlax. But I believe it is in sections, put Maryland to the side would it shock anyone if any teams in top 12 beat any of the others ?!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Few schools limit majors for athletes, in fact they find ways to make it work

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Stony Brook going to put a beat down on Hofstra tonight.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Checked the box score - she scored 5 out of 8 of her goals in the second half after leading 8-0 at the break. Last one with 3 minutes left and the score 15-0. Guess he's hoping the T award people will only look at numbers, not situations.

LOL and the newsday top 100 is put together the same way. T watch is no different. Girls beating up and stat padding against weak teams. #passtheball

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So many things go into picking the correct college fit for kids . It is different for every family

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don't think excuses are needed when a team loses to a top 5 team. A team that by the way is 14-0 and slapped SB around just a few weeks back.

Why the comparison to SB, are they the model? Why not just admit that your program used to be in the conversation for the national title, now your favorite team is struggling to not fall into the terrible list from the average list.

What's y"your program"?

My program? I don't have a program, I'm just a parent. And what "my program" is doesn't matter when I observe that NU is at the end of the road. Just like Chicago (Evanston too). The glory days have passed your program by.

I'm just a parent too. I don't have a "program" either. Your quote "Why not just admit that your program used to be in the conversation for the national title" ... so since you put it in those terms, what's your program?? I observe that you are just a jealous hater. The likely guess is that you are a parent of a sub par athlete and student who would have no shot of being at a school like NU. Why else would you hate so much??

don't know what his agenda is but there are plenty of reasons to hate NU. ugly lacrosse, ugly crime ridden city, ugly weather, plenty of other things too. and yes the loses will go way beyond this season. get used to it...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

you are literally as intelligent as the "Cruiser" in the movie Stripes.. and he was a fictional character. no one could ever have been like him. until now!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That is just uninformed ... you can go look at the majors. Many young woman are taking very meaningful majors. And at a school like NU, that is truly impressive.

Oh Yes, so Truly impressive!
Make me puke!
NU is just not good enough.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
10 more points for Murph

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
10 more points for Murph

In what was a lopsided PAL game! The fact that SB tried to get a goal for every senior, including defenders was an indication of how overmatched Hofstra was, SB played with them the entire second half - embarrassing to watch if you're a Hofstra fan

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
10 more points for Murph

In what was a lopsided PAL game! The fact that SB tried to get a goal for every senior, including defenders was an indication of how overmatched Hofstra was, SB played with them the entire second half - embarrassing to watch if you're a Hofstra fan

Do spallina and smith have the same time coaching each team?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
10 more points for Murph

Do spallina and smith have the same time coaching each team?

You really think that's the big difference?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Both there same amount of time.

Page 17 of 75 1 2 15 16 17 18 19 74 75

Link Copied to Clipboard