BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,537
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 245 of 327 1 2 243 244 245 246 247 326 327
Re: Long Island Yellow Jackets Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Seriously not familiar with all the age groups but I believe,

2016 YJ has proven to be the better team over MD
2017 YJ again
2018 I think its pretty even not sure with slight edge to YJ recently
2019 MD clearly better
2020 YJ has dominated the head to head his far
2021 YJ has again dominated the head to head matchup

So in all the age groups that no longer play in pull ups its 4 ages clearly in YJ corner,1 clearly in MD, and a toss up. Why would they need to make up excuses.Honestly I think the different age cut off for school is what makes a lot of LI parents feel the MD teams are on average older which they are.

You are a bit off in the 2021 age. M&D 2021 is 3-1-1 against YJ 2021 in tournament play(Not counting the blowout by M&D this fall). Doesn't seem like YJ has clearly dominated M&D at that age.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There are far more older girls on the YJ teams then there are on the M&D teams. Girls are not held back for lacrosse like boys are in MD. There are a few here and there that went to prefirst if private school, but it is actually quite rare for girls.

This is so far from true it's not even funny.

If you think this is not true, I welcome you to come up with any proof otherwise. There just aren't many over age girls in MD. If you are from LI, you know for a fact that there are plenty of older girls on YJ teams, they just don't call them holdbacks. They just start school a year later.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There are far more older girls on the YJ teams then there are on the M&D teams. Girls are not held back for lacrosse like boys are in MD. There are a few here and there that went to prefirst if private school, but it is actually quite rare for girls.

If you think this is not true, I welcome you to come up with any proof otherwise. There just aren't many over age girls in MD. If you are from LI, you know for a fact that there are plenty of older girls on YJ teams, they just don't call them holdbacks. They just start school a year later.

The LI argument has been/always will be that if your child did a prefirst year, they should be playing up with their age group. A 2020 player that did a prefirst year should be playing with a 2019 team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The LI argument has been/always will be that if your child did a prefirst year, they should be playing up with their age group. A 2020 player that did a prefirst year should be playing with a 2019 team.

I understand the argument, but there are just as many girls on LI, if not more, that start school late. Whether they go to prefirst, or they don't go to school at all, what's the difference?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Actually I am not aware of any older kids on YJ teams other than 2020 age group. I think again the different school cut off dates between NY and MD do make the kids on average older on the MD teams.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I guess it's good to be the queen B. G8 schedule is up and the only "B" team in a top 2 2019 bracket is YJ Mitchell. The rest of the teams are "A" teams and spread evenly across the two brackets. Hope they go 0-5, which is a distinct possibility.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Actually I am not aware of any older kids on YJ teams other than 2020 age group. I think again the different school cut off dates between NY and MD do make the kids on average older on the MD teams.

Any holdback parent should have their kids taken away by CPS if they are doing it for freakin girls lacrosse

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I guess it's good to be the queen B. G8 schedule is up and the only "B" team in a top 2 2019 bracket is YJ Mitchell. The rest of the teams are "A" teams and spread evenly across the two brackets. Hope they go 0-5, which is a distinct possibility.
She runs 10 tournaments a year double dipping. You don't think she has pull in that world?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
She runs 10 tournaments a year double dipping. You don't think she has pull in that world?

It's her tournament. She can put in whoever she likes. She doesn't need any pull or that one.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It's her tournament. She can put in whoever she likes. She doesn't need any pull or that one.

Correct. Waiting for the Mitchell parents to start telling us how their "B" team daughters are better than the "A" team and that politics/F&F etc are the only reason their kids aren't on the top team. They should be in "B" bracket w other B teams. It's unfair to the other clubs to travel to NJ to play a B team.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So you are aware the reason my daughters team is in the a bracket is because of how well they finished last year at that tournament just so you have the correct information befor posting Jennifer mitchell

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So you are aware the reason my daughters team is in the a bracket is because of how well they finished last year at that tournament just so you have the correct information befor posting Jennifer mitchell

Nope. They r there because CR runs the tournament.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Way to go JM and the previous poster is????

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What happened to the LI All American game?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Way to go JM and the previous poster is????

Laughing

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Punctuation?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You people are truly pathetic.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Actually, it is really STEPS tournament hence the location, and they partners with her. Probably best tournament for 2018s last year in terms of best competition/teams and college coaches.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why? Because I don't want to drive hours up from MD, pay for hotels and tournament fees and be scheduled against a B team because you and your club director want it that way? That seems a bit more pathetic. I would like our girls to play your top team. So we can have a great game like last year. 8-7.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why? Because I don't want to drive hours up from MD, pay for hotels and tournament fees and be scheduled against a B team because you and your club director want it that way? That seems a bit more pathetic. I would like our girls to play your top team. So we can have a great game like last year. 8-7.

Nobody cares what you think. Get in car and drive to tourney or don't show up.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Your B-team sucks. Guess our girls will just throttle them. Seems like a waste of time. But it will be fun to see your screaming coaches on the sidelines. That's always amusing.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Your B-team sucks. Guess our girls will just throttle them. Seems like a waste of time. But it will be fun to see your screaming coaches on the sidelines. That's always amusing.

Stop with the B team sucks. We all know that half of the girls belong on th Blue team. If it wasn't for friends and family our kids would be tearing it up on Blue! How funny will it be when our B team spanks your A team?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lets see how the "B" team does this year does after the loss of six of their best players… time will tell.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"
Stop with the B team sucks. We all know that half of the girls belong on th Blue team. If it wasn't for friends and family our kids would be tearing it up on Blue! How funny will it be when our B team spanks your A team? "
That would really be impressive considering that YJ Mitchell did not sweep through their B division last year. They tied the Hero's B team 6-6 at one point. I wonder why that team was not moved up to the A division too.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What does it matter? The girls get to play and have fun. You never hear any of the parents from YJ Blue/Carro complain about driving to tournaments and playing B teams. That's how the cards fell - deal with it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How do u even know this. Really nothing else better to do

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

"Your B-team sucks", this "person" is talking about 13 & 14 year old girls. I can't imagine the horrific life you lead if you feel it's ok to ANONYMOUSLY talk about young girls that way. I feel for your children, honestly. You sir, or madam, are truly despicable.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lets see how the "B" team does this year does after the loss of six of their best players… time will tell.
The argument here is so, so stupid. This is a big recruiting year for those 2019s who haven't committed and their were a million top coaches (head coaches) at the G8 last summer. Best tournament hands down last year for the 2018s. Who cares if you are playing a "B" team. The B team is question is plenty good.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

"Your B-team sucks", this "person" is talking about 13 & 14 year old girls. I can't imagine the horrific life you lead if you feel it's ok to ANONYMOUSLY talk about young girls that way. I feel for your children, honestly. You sir, or madam, are truly despicable.

oh get over yourself.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

oh get over yourself.

So you condone saying 13 and 14 years olds "suck"? Got it. If you can't see how wrong that is, there's no hope for you. Even anonymously on the internet, there's something wrong with you if you feel the need to talk about young girls that way.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So you condone saying 13 and 14 years olds "suck"? Got it. If you can't see how wrong that is, there's no hope for you. Even anonymously on the internet, there's something wrong with you if you feel the need to talk about young girls that way.[/quote]

So you condone screaming and yelling at 13-14 year-old girls and treating travel lax like it is life and death? If you can't see how wrong that is, there is no hope for you, "coach". And while you are at it, how about teaching those fragile 13-14 year-olds not to swing their sticks at kids heads. A staple of your team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So you condone saying 13 and 14 years olds "suck"? Got it. If you can't see how wrong that is, there's no hope for you. Even anonymously on the internet, there's something wrong with you if you feel the need to talk about young girls that way.

So you condone screaming and yelling at 13-14 year-old girls and treating travel lax like it is life and death? If you can't see how wrong that is, there is no hope for you, "coach". And while you are at it, how about teaching those fragile 13-14 year-olds not to swing their sticks at kids heads. A staple of your team. [/quote]

Couldn't be more wrong. My girls are a 2021 and a 2024 and I'm just a dad, not a coach (I'm assuming you think I'm KC?). But you apparently have some sort of anger issues and you're just not getting it, so I'll move on. You must be a peach to the other parents.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What exactly makes a YJ team a B team? I'm just a dad and I really enjoyed watching my daughters 2023 B team beat the 2023 A team last summer. Does the B team then become the A team since they won?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What exactly makes a YJ team a B team? I'm just a dad and I really enjoyed watching my daughters 2023 B team beat the 2023 A team last summer. Does the B team then become the A team since they won?

Sort of pot luck first year, after a couple seasons talent will get sorted and the gap between the A teams and the B teams widen with each passing year. One of the reasons for that is that the best of the B kids get moved to A, and the other good talent that doesn't get moved to A feel slighted and leave. Very hard to figure 2023s, only a small handful of the current roster will be in tact several years down the road,, but you will see the gap grow each year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sort of pot luck first year, after a couple seasons talent will get sorted and the gap between the A teams and the B teams widen with each passing year. One of the reasons for that is that the best of the B kids get moved to A, and the other good talent that doesn't get moved to A feel slighted and leave. Very hard to figure 2023s, only a small handful of the current roster will be in tact several years down the road,, but you will see the gap grow each year.

Pretty accurate post. Would also say folks on A team should not get to full of themselves in the early years. As girls move up a fair amount will also move down.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How come she didn't put her 4th team there? I here the daddy coach on that team is telling everyone his team is just as good as Mitchell.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did YJ win any divisions this weekend in MD?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

NO

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

NO

wow, that's surprising. Coaching is lacking on lots of teams and talent is more balanced then people think. Should be a crazy summer.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wrong. 2019's and 2020's both won their division

Like Reply Quote
Page 245 of 327 1 2 243 244 245 246 247 326 327
Quick Reply