BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,586
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Wish List for Rule Changes
Redyeh Offline OP
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
There are a few rule changes/additions I wouldn't mind seeing personally and would love to hear what others think as well.

1. For starters, I wouldn't mind seeing a shot clock introduced the moment the offensive team establishes a "touch" in the box.

2. I wouldn't mind seeing personal fouls changed to either 1.5 or 2 minutes and technical fouls changed to a minute. 30 secs for a man up is kind of silly. I think by doing this, it will put more emphasis on staying out of the penalty box.

3. And lastly, on a delayed penalty (flag down), why not pull the goalie to get an extra attacker on the field? Hockey does it! Here's the caveat, once the flag is thrown, there is now a shot clock to do something with that "man-up".

Last edited by Redyeh; .
Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: Wish List for Rule Changes
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
on the girls side there should be progression fouls. Four and you are out. Too many whistles and choppy play. You hack a few times and then you watch from the bench like basketball. Yellow Jackets would have to expand rosters to 30 if this happened

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Pull the goalie for an extra attacker that must stay on the defensive side of the field. Now how does that make any sense?

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Originally Posted by Anonymous
on the girls side there should be progression fouls. Four and you are out. Too many whistles and choppy play. You hack a few times and then you watch from the bench like basketball. Yellow Jackets would have to expand rosters to 30 if this happened

I've been saying this for years and I'd love to see it happen. LOL about the YJ effect because yeah, that would wreak havoc on their style of play.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Pull the goalie for an extra attacker that must stay on the defensive side of the field. Now how does that make any sense?

Obviously the extra attacker wouldnt stay on the defensive side of the field. There would have to be a slight rule change regarding offsides on a delayed penalty. I get what Redyeh is saying. Its actually an interesting idea

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Girls side continued.....

-Enforce offsides. Tired of watching teams stop the fast break by being offsides and not be penalized.

-Stop rewarding bad offensive play....ie-charging into double and triple teams only to be rewarded with free position shots.
The game has been impossible to defend.

-Enforce offensive charges

-Change face off rule....only the players on circle can go after ball. After possession allow players out of restraining box. (make same as boys)

-Agree with foul calls being tabulated. keep track of which girls are the hackers and have them sit and penalize team after a certain # of fouls.

The girls games are sometimes painful to watch between bad play and horrendous officiating.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Redyeh
There are a few rule changes/additions I wouldn't mind seeing personally and would love to hear what others think as well.

1. For starters, I wouldn't mind seeing a shot clock introduced the moment the offensive team establishes a "touch" in the box.

2. I wouldn't mind seeing personal fouls changed to either 1.5 or 2 minutes and technical fouls changed to a minute. 30 secs for a man up is kind of silly. I think by doing this, it will put more emphasis on staying out of the penalty box.

3. And lastly, on a delayed penalty (flag down), why not pull the goalie to get an extra attacker on the field? Hockey does it! Here's the caveat, once the flag is thrown, there is now a shot clock to do something with that "man-up".

Love the shot clock idea. Not sure about the other two though

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
will girls shot clock ever make it to High School or is this just a college thing. The Stall is painful to watch

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Love this idea, watching a girls game gets painful sometimes..... Could do without the dig at YJ. Let's keep those jabs to the YJ or age year thread

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Love this idea, watching a girls game gets painful sometimes..... Could do without the dig at YJ. Let's keep those jabs to the YJ or age year thread

Sorry but LI is know for their aggressive play and YJ's are at the top of the list. College coaches love it. Always easier to calm a player down then make a player more aggressive. YJ always play chippy and then they take liberties after the whistle before the restarts

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Girls side continued.....

-Enforce offsides. Tired of watching teams stop the fast break by being offsides and not be penalized.

-Stop rewarding bad offensive play....ie-charging into double and triple teams only to be rewarded with free position shots.
The game has been impossible to defend.

-Enforce offensive charges

-Change face off rule....only the players on circle can go after ball. After possession allow players out of restraining box. (make same as boys)

-Agree with foul calls being tabulated. keep track of which girls are the hackers and have them sit and penalize team after a certain # of fouls.

The girls games are sometimes painful to watch between bad play and horrendous officiating.

Also, count the goal on simultaneous shot / shooting space - women's pro league is going to try it this summer. Can't think of another play in sports where a defensive foul penalizes the offense - except maybe Hack-a-Shaq.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Obviously the extra attacker wouldnt stay on the defensive side of the field. There would have to be a slight rule change regarding offsides on a delayed penalty. I get what Redyeh is saying. Its actually an interesting idea

It's not interesting. It's offsides and the benefit of being man up comes after they lose the ball.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Love the 3rd suggestion.

And/or before the goalie even gets to the sub box... run a defender off and run an Offensive middie in... give the advantage while the flag is thrown. after the play is dead back to a 1 man up advantage.. defensive player goes back on sides.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Love the 3rd suggestion.

And/or before the goalie even gets to the sub box... run a defender off and run an Offensive middie in... give the advantage while the flag is thrown. after the play is dead back to a 1 man up advantage.. defensive player goes back on sides.

I would like to see a yellow card foul for too many players on the field. Seen too many deliberate attempts by coaches to get away with it as long as possible during a game without any real impact.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A goal should count if the ball crosses the line prior to a shooting space call. Don't take the goal away in order to retake the shot.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Love the 3rd suggestion.

I would like to see a yellow card foul for too many players on the field. Seen too many deliberate attempts by coaches to get away with it as long as possible during a game without any real impact.

No impact? Isn't it still punished with a normal 30-second penalty?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Love the 3rd suggestion.

Girls lacrosse, yellow card should have given it away, no cards in boys lacrosse...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Love the 3rd suggestion.

Girls lacrosse, yellow card should have given it away, no cards in boys lacrosse...

Gotcha.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
1) make the Sphere 12 inches not 7 inches. Coaches are now telling players to cradle in Sphere.( I have heard a big club use the terminology keep in the window).Refs need to understand you can't have 300 checks in Sphere in a game and zero cradling sphere. Also uncheckable stick. Watch a man college
games, many players tuck stick and lean over it when going to cage inside. Immediately it is uncheckable and turnover, there is no 3 seconds here in how long...it is immediate. Because then they pop up and shoot.

2) on a ground ball between two players below the knees there is no empty stick check. I love in girls lax how we reward
The ball to the girls who missed the ground ball. The girl times a great check and because the girl missed it she get s ball. Not a good lesson.

3) get rid of draw, let's play. The ball placement in a stick,the fact
That many refs don't know rule on draw(mainly sticks need to be straight up-not leaning back), and the biggest volition never called which is easy-no part of the stick can be below waist. I don't want every call made but when the butt end is at players thigh or knee it is illegal, and huge advantage. This is such and easy call that they refuse to make- which tells me they don't know the rule. Also no empty stick check on draw-go get it and make it 50/50 ball.

Like they did in basketball take the human element out
of it(one jump ball to start game). In boys at least they do not have sticks touching which has help, and ball is placed on ground evenly away from sticks-still not perfect by far.

As we know in girls the draw is HUGE In outcome of game.

In short I do feel for the refs with a game that rules are so subjective-not an easy job at all.

Have a great rest of summer.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
1) make the Sphere 12 inches not 7 inches. Coaches are now telling players to cradle in Sphere.( I have heard a big club use the terminology keep in the window).Refs need to understand you can't have 300 checks in Sphere in a game and zero cradling sphere. Also uncheckable stick. Watch a man college
games, many players tuck stick and lean over it when going to cage inside. Immediately it is uncheckable and turnover, there is no 3 seconds here in how long...it is immediate. Because then they pop up and shoot.

2) on a ground ball between two players below the knees there is no empty stick check. I love in girls lax how we reward
The ball to the girls who missed the ground ball. The girl times a great check and because the girl missed it she get s ball. Not a good lesson.

That many refs don't know rule on draw(mainly sticks need to be straight up-not leaning back), and the biggest volition never called which is easy-no part of the stick can be below waist. I don't want every call made but when the butt end is at players thigh or knee it is illegal, and huge advantage. This is such and easy call that they refuse to make- which tells me they don't know the rule. Also no empty stick check on draw-go get it and make it 50/50 ball.

of it(one jump ball to start game). In boys at least they do not have sticks touching which has help, and ball is placed on ground evenly away from sticks-still not perfect by far.

In short I do feel for the refs with a game that rules are so subjective-not an easy job at all.

Great suggestions. My daughter drops her stick when the refs purposefully put the ball in the pocket of her opponent on the draw and then refuse to change it.

I would also like to see the goal count when shooting space is violated. The goal should count and possession should also go back to that same team. More like basketball. Too many times I have seen 1 goal games decided by a free possession shot where a goal is taken back, then the girls misses the open net.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Great suggestions. My daughter drops her stick when the refs purposefully put the ball in the pocket of her opponent on the draw and then refuse to change it.

I would also like to see the goal count when shooting space is violated. The goal should count and possession should also go back to that same team. More like basketball. Too many times I have seen 1 goal games decided by a free possession shot where a goal is taken back, then the girls misses the open net.

I was with you until the shooting space "let the goal count"; It is a dangerous shot then!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I was with you until the shooting space "let the goal count"; It is a dangerous shot then!

If nobody gets hurt, it's not a dangerous shot. It's too subjective to say that. Refs decide game.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Seems like a lot of attack parents chimed in earlier....lol. Everything mentioned benefits the O.

-How about we let the girls play a little more defense? Start calling charging, don't reward Suzie for trying to drive through two and three attackers because she's a ball hog and has been rewarded her whole life with free positions. If you are not going to call it at least let the defender get away with a little more, a little jab to the ribs will make Suzie and her mom think twice about going to goal with abandon, teammates be damned.

-Just like hockey, let's start calling an embellishment foul. This will prevent the floppers and head throwers from trying to draw a foul. You embellish....then it's a turnover and you receive a warning. Next embellish is a yellow, third a red. That'll stop the long standing MD tradition of mom yelling "Heyyyyyyy" from the sideline when cupcake acts.

-Agreed, get rid of the stall tactic and get the 90 second shot clock going as soon as possession is established in the box.

-Can't count the goal when shooting space is called, it then becomes a dangerous shot.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My daughter drops her stick on the draw too every time someone tries to "lean" their stick back to get under the ball. At a tournament in MD a girl from Skywalkers did it every draw. They wait till the ref walks away to blow the whistle and they dip their stick back. Her coach told her to pull back every time and say outloud to the ref that the other draw girl is moving her stick.

In a few of her games the refs have made them re-draw or given the ball to my daughter but in one game they gave the ball to the other team. It depends on how well the refs know what to look for

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If nobody gets hurt, it's not a dangerous shot. It's too subjective to say that. Refs decide game.

NO, ITS NOT, THAT IS NOT THE RULE. A DANGEROUS SHOT DOES NOT HAVE TO MAKE CONTACT. UNLESS THE RULES CHANGED.

LISTEN HALF THE SHOTS TAKEN ARE NOT LEGAL SHOTS. AND I AM AN OFFENSIVE MINDED COACH

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
games, many players tuck stick and lean over it when going to cage inside. Immediately it is uncheckable and turnover, there is no 3 seconds here in how long...it is immediate. Because then they pop up and shoot.g

NO, ITS NOT, THAT IS NOT THE RULE. A DANGEROUS SHOT DOES NOT HAVE TO MAKE CONTACT. UNLESS THE RULES CHANGED.

LISTEN HALF THE SHOTS TAKEN ARE NOT LEGAL SHOTS. AND I AM AN OFFENSIVE MINDED COACH

Stop whining, the object of the game is to score without touching anyone. Let the girls play. Way too many whistles. I'm starting to think I have to teach my daughter to be a flopper.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
23 inventive workmanship feelings hiring Deco mesh

upon having made one deco nylon uppers ribbon wreath, your corporation nearly know further progression and could numerous wreaths. this can be accomplished by just updating the colours with the mesh bow along with trims charmdate review you should prepare add to your wreath.

simple fact I feel there is beauty about relieve, i favor wreaths which are not likewise filled. Deco mesh ribbon is really delightful itself, and while too much is charmdate review appended, The wreath obtains showy alternatively of delightful.

the a project listed here include homepage to videos for making the points. the main sites, charmdate.com Marti Gras wall socket, Has a number of fine mesh bow ideas. you will find them and also clicking on "courses" towards the top of their site. The watermelon swag found higher than thought to be undertakings you can get on the spot. one of the several rules on HubPages will be a link to particular web-site can only receive twice in a short article. seeing as there are three of projects that I wish to include below, want click on the Marti Gras release associate in the development which follow and then find "watermelon Wreath" through the training.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

It's not interesting. It's offsides and the benefit of being man up comes after they lose the ball.

You do get that with a rule such as proposed would likely come with a corresponding change that makes it not offsides?!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by adhrf20

You do get that with a rule such as proposed would likely come with a corresponding change that makes it not offsides?!

games, many players tuck stick and lean over it when going to cage inside. Immediately it is uncheckable and turnover, there is no 3 seconds here in how long...it is immediate. Because then they pop up and shoot.g

Stop whining, the object of the game is to score without touching anyone. Let the girls play. Way too many whistles. I'm starting to think I have to teach my daughter to be a flopper.

Please dont berate me I am asking a serious question.
If I rarely see a shooting space call without the shot. If the girl doesn't make the dangerous shot it seems that there is no foul.How often is the dangerous shot called? I often see goals pulled off the board for shooting space. Why wouldn't the and one like in basketball work. It would certainly make the avoidance of shooting space a priority if the goal counted and then had a free shot

Like Reply Quote
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard