The Christian Koehler Lacrosse Tournament on May 12th Has 1 Open Spot at These Grade Levels: 3B, 5A, 5B, 6B & 7A

BACK OF THE CAGE
MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys 2023
by Anonymous. 04/25/18 10:18 AM
Boys 2022 - 8th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018
by LaxFacts. 04/24/18 04:42 PM
Girls 2023 - 7th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018
by shootingspace. 04/24/18 02:37 PM
Main Forum Philadelphia & Vicinity
by Anonymous. 04/24/18 02:29 PM
Duke's Lacrosse
by Anonymous. 04/24/18 11:52 AM
Boys 2024 - 6th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018
by Unknown3333. 04/24/18 10:39 AM
Boys 2025 - 5th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018
by LongIislandLaxRVC. 04/24/18 08:46 AM
Forum Statistics
Forums15
Topics1,295
Posts226,084
Members1,923
Most Online3,796
Oct 23rd, 2017
SUBSCRIBE


FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#160818 - 04/21/16 07:00 AM Wish List for Rule Changes  
Joined: Nov 2014
Posts: 4
Redyeh Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Redyeh  Offline
Back of THE CAGE

Joined: Nov 2014
Posts: 4
There are a few rule changes/additions I wouldn't mind seeing personally and would love to hear what others think as well.

1. For starters, I wouldn't mind seeing a shot clock introduced the moment the offensive team establishes a "touch" in the box.

2. I wouldn't mind seeing personal fouls changed to either 1.5 or 2 minutes and technical fouls changed to a minute. 30 secs for a man up is kind of silly. I think by doing this, it will put more emphasis on staying out of the penalty box.

3. And lastly, on a delayed penalty (flag down), why not pull the goalie to get an extra attacker on the field? Hockey does it! Here's the caveat, once the flag is thrown, there is now a shot clock to do something with that "man-up".

Last edited by Redyeh; 04/21/16 07:12 AM.
BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

#160822 - 04/21/16 07:34 AM Re: Wish List for Rule Changes [Re: Redyeh]  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered


on the girls side there should be progression fouls. Four and you are out. Too many whistles and choppy play. You hack a few times and then you watch from the bench like basketball. Yellow Jackets would have to expand rosters to 30 if this happened

#160828 - 04/21/16 07:49 AM Re: Wish List for Rule Changes [Re: Redyeh]  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered


Pull the goalie for an extra attacker that must stay on the defensive side of the field. Now how does that make any sense?

#160838 - 04/21/16 08:46 AM Re: Wish List for Rule Changes [Re: Anonymous]  
Joined: Apr 2011
Posts: 874
Powderfinger Online content
Back of THE CAGE
Powderfinger  Online Content
Back of THE CAGE

Joined: Apr 2011
Posts: 874
Suffolk County
Originally Posted by Anonymous
on the girls side there should be progression fouls. Four and you are out. Too many whistles and choppy play. You hack a few times and then you watch from the bench like basketball. Yellow Jackets would have to expand rosters to 30 if this happened


I've been saying this for years and I'd love to see it happen. LOL about the YJ effect because yeah, that would wreak havoc on their style of play.

#160839 - 04/21/16 08:50 AM Re: Wish List for Rule Changes [Re: Anonymous]  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered


Originally Posted by Anonymous
Pull the goalie for an extra attacker that must stay on the defensive side of the field. Now how does that make any sense?


Obviously the extra attacker wouldnt stay on the defensive side of the field. There would have to be a slight rule change regarding offsides on a delayed penalty. I get what Redyeh is saying. Its actually an interesting idea

Sponsored Links
#160843 - 04/21/16 09:13 AM Re: Wish List for Rule Changes [Re: Anonymous]  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered


Girls side continued.....

-Enforce offsides. Tired of watching teams stop the fast break by being offsides and not be penalized.

-Stop rewarding bad offensive play....ie-charging into double and triple teams only to be rewarded with free position shots.
The game has been impossible to defend.

-Enforce offensive charges

-Change face off rule....only the players on circle can go after ball. After possession allow players out of restraining box. (make same as boys)

-Agree with foul calls being tabulated. keep track of which girls are the hackers and have them sit and penalize team after a certain # of fouls.

The girls games are sometimes painful to watch between bad play and horrendous officiating.

#160888 - 04/21/16 12:29 PM Re: Wish List for Rule Changes [Re: Redyeh]  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered


Originally Posted by Redyeh
There are a few rule changes/additions I wouldn't mind seeing personally and would love to hear what others think as well.

1. For starters, I wouldn't mind seeing a shot clock introduced the moment the offensive team establishes a "touch" in the box.

2. I wouldn't mind seeing personal fouls changed to either 1.5 or 2 minutes and technical fouls changed to a minute. 30 secs for a man up is kind of silly. I think by doing this, it will put more emphasis on staying out of the penalty box.

3. And lastly, on a delayed penalty (flag down), why not pull the goalie to get an extra attacker on the field? Hockey does it! Here's the caveat, once the flag is thrown, there is now a shot clock to do something with that "man-up".


Love the shot clock idea. Not sure about the other two though

#160902 - 04/21/16 12:54 PM Re: Wish List for Rule Changes [Re: Anonymous]  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered


will girls shot clock ever make it to High School or is this just a college thing. The Stall is painful to watch

#160905 - 04/21/16 01:04 PM Re: Wish List for Rule Changes [Re: Anonymous]  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered


Originally Posted by Anonymous
on the girls side there should be progression fouls. Four and you are out. Too many whistles and choppy play. You hack a few times and then you watch from the bench like basketball. Yellow Jackets would have to expand rosters to 30 if this happened


Love this idea, watching a girls game gets painful sometimes..... Could do without the dig at YJ. Let's keep those jabs to the YJ or age year thread

#161005 - 04/21/16 10:42 PM Re: Wish List for Rule Changes [Re: Anonymous]  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered


Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
on the girls side there should be progression fouls. Four and you are out. Too many whistles and choppy play. You hack a few times and then you watch from the bench like basketball. Yellow Jackets would have to expand rosters to 30 if this happened


Love this idea, watching a girls game gets painful sometimes..... Could do without the dig at YJ. Let's keep those jabs to the YJ or age year thread


Sorry but LI is know for their aggressive play and YJ's are at the top of the list. College coaches love it. Always easier to calm a player down then make a player more aggressive. YJ always play chippy and then they take liberties after the whistle before the restarts

Sponsored Links
#161012 - 04/22/16 07:39 AM Re: Wish List for Rule Changes [Re: Anonymous]  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered


Originally Posted by Anonymous
Girls side continued.....

-Enforce offsides. Tired of watching teams stop the fast break by being offsides and not be penalized.

-Stop rewarding bad offensive play....ie-charging into double and triple teams only to be rewarded with free position shots.
The game has been impossible to defend.

-Enforce offensive charges

-Change face off rule....only the players on circle can go after ball. After possession allow players out of restraining box. (make same as boys)

-Agree with foul calls being tabulated. keep track of which girls are the hackers and have them sit and penalize team after a certain # of fouls.

The girls games are sometimes painful to watch between bad play and horrendous officiating.


Also, count the goal on simultaneous shot / shooting space - women's pro league is going to try it this summer. Can't think of another play in sports where a defensive foul penalizes the offense - except maybe Hack-a-Shaq.

#161017 - 04/22/16 07:54 AM Re: Wish List for Rule Changes [Re: Anonymous]  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered


Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Pull the goalie for an extra attacker that must stay on the defensive side of the field. Now how does that make any sense?


Obviously the extra attacker wouldnt stay on the defensive side of the field. There would have to be a slight rule change regarding offsides on a delayed penalty. I get what Redyeh is saying. Its actually an interesting idea


It's not interesting. It's offsides and the benefit of being man up comes after they lose the ball.

#161655 - 04/26/16 05:12 PM Re: Wish List for Rule Changes [Re: Redyeh]  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered


Originally Posted by Redyeh
There are a few rule changes/additions I wouldn't mind seeing personally and would love to hear what others think as well.

1. For starters, I wouldn't mind seeing a shot clock introduced the moment the offensive team establishes a "touch" in the box.

2. I wouldn't mind seeing personal fouls changed to either 1.5 or 2 minutes and technical fouls changed to a minute. 30 secs for a man up is kind of silly. I think by doing this, it will put more emphasis on staying out of the penalty box.

3. And lastly, on a delayed penalty (flag down), why not pull the goalie to get an extra attacker on the field? Hockey does it! Here's the caveat, once the flag is thrown, there is now a shot clock to do something with that "man-up".


Love the 3rd suggestion.

And/or before the goalie even gets to the sub box... run a defender off and run an Offensive middie in... give the advantage while the flag is thrown. after the play is dead back to a 1 man up advantage.. defensive player goes back on sides.

#228110 - 07/04/17 09:12 AM Re: Wish List for Rule Changes [Re: Anonymous]  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered


Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Redyeh
There are a few rule changes/additions I wouldn't mind seeing personally and would love to hear what others think as well.

1. For starters, I wouldn't mind seeing a shot clock introduced the moment the offensive team establishes a "touch" in the box.

2. I wouldn't mind seeing personal fouls changed to either 1.5 or 2 minutes and technical fouls changed to a minute. 30 secs for a man up is kind of silly. I think by doing this, it will put more emphasis on staying out of the penalty box.

3. And lastly, on a delayed penalty (flag down), why not pull the goalie to get an extra attacker on the field? Hockey does it! Here's the caveat, once the flag is thrown, there is now a shot clock to do something with that "man-up".


Love the 3rd suggestion.

And/or before the goalie even gets to the sub box... run a defender off and run an Offensive middie in... give the advantage while the flag is thrown. after the play is dead back to a 1 man up advantage.. defensive player goes back on sides.


I would like to see a yellow card foul for too many players on the field. Seen too many deliberate attempts by coaches to get away with it as long as possible during a game without any real impact.

#228209 - 07/04/17 05:33 PM Re: Wish List for Rule Changes [Re: Redyeh]  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered


A goal should count if the ball crosses the line prior to a shooting space call. Don't take the goal away in order to retake the shot.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

TOURNAMENTS/SHOWCASES
Jersey Girl's Challenge (May 5th)
Christian Koehler Tournament
Harding Battle By The Bay
Harding Summer Sunset
Andy Forsberg Memorial Tournament
JC17 Memorial Shootout for Dreams
NYLA Boy's HS Showcase
PrimeTime Shootout
Bulldog Brawl
King of the Hill
Lake George National Invitational
D3 Experience Girls Showcase
Virginia Lacrosse Showcase
Girl's UnD1sputed Showcase
Boy's UnD1sputed Showcase
Girl's LI Showcase
Boy's LI Showcase
CAMPS & CLINICS
Spring K-3 Clinic
Lax Clinics at The Athlete Zone
Primetime Elite Overnight Camp
Prospect Experience
Boys Box Lax Summer Camp
Girls Box Lax Summer Camp
Boys Futures Showcase Camp
Girls Futures Showcase Camp
RECRUITING COMPANY'S
ConnectLax
Everest Lax Recruiting
BOTC SPONSORS




Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.6.0