Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#160818 - 04/21/16 06:00 AM Wish List for Rule Changes  
Redyeh Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Redyeh  Offline
Back of THE CAGE

There are a few rule changes/additions I wouldn't mind seeing personally and would love to hear what others think as well.

1. For starters, I wouldn't mind seeing a shot clock introduced the moment the offensive team establishes a "touch" in the box.

2. I wouldn't mind seeing personal fouls changed to either 1.5 or 2 minutes and technical fouls changed to a minute. 30 secs for a man up is kind of silly. I think by doing this, it will put more emphasis on staying out of the penalty box.

3. And lastly, on a delayed penalty (flag down), why not pull the goalie to get an extra attacker on the field? Hockey does it! Here's the caveat, once the flag is thrown, there is now a shot clock to do something with that "man-up".

Last edited by Redyeh; 04/21/16 06:12 AM.
Top Reply Quote
BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

#160822 - 04/21/16 06:34 AM Re: Wish List for Rule Changes [Re: Redyeh]  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

on the girls side there should be progression fouls. Four and you are out. Too many whistles and choppy play. You hack a few times and then you watch from the bench like basketball. Yellow Jackets would have to expand rosters to 30 if this happened

Top Reply Quote
#160828 - 04/21/16 06:49 AM Re: Wish List for Rule Changes [Re: Redyeh]  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Pull the goalie for an extra attacker that must stay on the defensive side of the field. Now how does that make any sense?

Top Reply Quote
#160838 - 04/21/16 07:46 AM Re: Wish List for Rule Changes [Re: Anonymous]  
Powderfinger Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Powderfinger  Offline
Back of THE CAGE

Suffolk County
Originally Posted by Anonymous
on the girls side there should be progression fouls. Four and you are out. Too many whistles and choppy play. You hack a few times and then you watch from the bench like basketball. Yellow Jackets would have to expand rosters to 30 if this happened

I've been saying this for years and I'd love to see it happen. LOL about the YJ effect because yeah, that would wreak havoc on their style of play.

Top Reply Quote
#160839 - 04/21/16 07:50 AM Re: Wish List for Rule Changes [Re: Anonymous]  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Pull the goalie for an extra attacker that must stay on the defensive side of the field. Now how does that make any sense?

Obviously the extra attacker wouldnt stay on the defensive side of the field. There would have to be a slight rule change regarding offsides on a delayed penalty. I get what Redyeh is saying. Its actually an interesting idea

Top Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
#160843 - 04/21/16 08:13 AM Re: Wish List for Rule Changes [Re: Anonymous]  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Girls side continued.....

-Enforce offsides. Tired of watching teams stop the fast break by being offsides and not be penalized.

-Stop rewarding bad offensive play....ie-charging into double and triple teams only to be rewarded with free position shots.
The game has been impossible to defend.

-Enforce offensive charges

-Change face off rule....only the players on circle can go after ball. After possession allow players out of restraining box. (make same as boys)

-Agree with foul calls being tabulated. keep track of which girls are the hackers and have them sit and penalize team after a certain # of fouls.

The girls games are sometimes painful to watch between bad play and horrendous officiating.

Top Reply Quote
#160888 - 04/21/16 11:29 AM Re: Wish List for Rule Changes [Re: Redyeh]  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Originally Posted by Redyeh
There are a few rule changes/additions I wouldn't mind seeing personally and would love to hear what others think as well.

1. For starters, I wouldn't mind seeing a shot clock introduced the moment the offensive team establishes a "touch" in the box.

2. I wouldn't mind seeing personal fouls changed to either 1.5 or 2 minutes and technical fouls changed to a minute. 30 secs for a man up is kind of silly. I think by doing this, it will put more emphasis on staying out of the penalty box.

3. And lastly, on a delayed penalty (flag down), why not pull the goalie to get an extra attacker on the field? Hockey does it! Here's the caveat, once the flag is thrown, there is now a shot clock to do something with that "man-up".

Love the shot clock idea. Not sure about the other two though

Top Reply Quote
#160902 - 04/21/16 11:54 AM Re: Wish List for Rule Changes [Re: Anonymous]  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

will girls shot clock ever make it to High School or is this just a college thing. The Stall is painful to watch

Top Reply Quote
#160905 - 04/21/16 12:04 PM Re: Wish List for Rule Changes [Re: Anonymous]  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Love this idea, watching a girls game gets painful sometimes..... Could do without the dig at YJ. Let's keep those jabs to the YJ or age year thread

Top Reply Quote
#161005 - 04/21/16 09:42 PM Re: Wish List for Rule Changes [Re: Anonymous]  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Love this idea, watching a girls game gets painful sometimes..... Could do without the dig at YJ. Let's keep those jabs to the YJ or age year thread

Sorry but LI is know for their aggressive play and YJ's are at the top of the list. College coaches love it. Always easier to calm a player down then make a player more aggressive. YJ always play chippy and then they take liberties after the whistle before the restarts

Top Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
#161012 - 04/22/16 06:39 AM Re: Wish List for Rule Changes [Re: Anonymous]  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Girls side continued.....

-Enforce offsides. Tired of watching teams stop the fast break by being offsides and not be penalized.

-Stop rewarding bad offensive play....ie-charging into double and triple teams only to be rewarded with free position shots.
The game has been impossible to defend.

-Enforce offensive charges

-Change face off rule....only the players on circle can go after ball. After possession allow players out of restraining box. (make same as boys)

-Agree with foul calls being tabulated. keep track of which girls are the hackers and have them sit and penalize team after a certain # of fouls.

The girls games are sometimes painful to watch between bad play and horrendous officiating.

Also, count the goal on simultaneous shot / shooting space - women's pro league is going to try it this summer. Can't think of another play in sports where a defensive foul penalizes the offense - except maybe Hack-a-Shaq.

Top Reply Quote
#161017 - 04/22/16 06:54 AM Re: Wish List for Rule Changes [Re: Anonymous]  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Obviously the extra attacker wouldnt stay on the defensive side of the field. There would have to be a slight rule change regarding offsides on a delayed penalty. I get what Redyeh is saying. Its actually an interesting idea

It's not interesting. It's offsides and the benefit of being man up comes after they lose the ball.

Top Reply Quote
#161655 - 04/26/16 04:12 PM Re: Wish List for Rule Changes [Re: Redyeh]  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Love the 3rd suggestion.

And/or before the goalie even gets to the sub box... run a defender off and run an Offensive middie in... give the advantage while the flag is thrown. after the play is dead back to a 1 man up advantage.. defensive player goes back on sides.

Top Reply Quote
#228110 - 07/04/17 08:12 AM Re: Wish List for Rule Changes [Re: Anonymous]  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Love the 3rd suggestion.

And/or before the goalie even gets to the sub box... run a defender off and run an Offensive middie in... give the advantage while the flag is thrown. after the play is dead back to a 1 man up advantage.. defensive player goes back on sides.

I would like to see a yellow card foul for too many players on the field. Seen too many deliberate attempts by coaches to get away with it as long as possible during a game without any real impact.

Top Reply Quote
#228209 - 07/04/17 04:33 PM Re: Wish List for Rule Changes [Re: Redyeh]  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

A goal should count if the ball crosses the line prior to a shooting space call. Don't take the goal away in order to retake the shot.

Top Reply Quote
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
Image Verification

TOURNAMENTS/SHOWCASES
Martin Luther King Jr. - Girls LAX Tournament
Harding Battle by the Bay
Harding Summer Sunset
Andy Forsberg Memorial Lacrosse Tournament