BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,610
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 41 of 111 1 2 39 40 41 42 43 110 111
Re: CHAMINADE Lacrosse. Stories and news.
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Wait, you went to CT to watch a HS lacrosse game but don't have a particular rooting interest? The way your post reads is like you don't have a kid playing, you just caught a game. KMHS varsity played at 12:30, KMHS JV played at 2:30 (my kids team) and St. Anthony's JV came in at 4:30 for a game. All at Staples.

If you have a kid on either KMHS teams your post is weird. If you have a kid at St. Anthony's and hung out all day from 12:30 that is also pretty weird, maybe weirder. I will skip the part about you being a Staples parent as weird to post what you did. That said, if you have no kids playing on any of the 6 teams to compete at staples that day I will ask you kindly to stay away.

This is a bit creepy. Traffic was crazy that day no one just went to Westport for the day. There was a purpose. I say it is probably a disgruntled KMHS JV parent who wants JR pulled up.

The JV team is pretty good. Why would anyone want to be pulled up to that disaster ?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The JV team is pretty good. Why would anyone want to be pulled up to that disaster ? [/quote]

As a point of reference last year's JV (current juniors) team was pretty good also: 33-0 as freshman and sophomores. The first time in Chaminade history.

Again, the talent is not the problem - it is the coaching...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
hope that there's a good goalie coming up next year. losing a very good senior.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You all get lulled into this false sense of what your JV teams are. Most schools don't have 150 kids to choose from and have to take underclassmen up to varsity. Hence, their JV teams stink to high heaven. Time will tell if this famous JV team is indeed the second coming.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There is and he is going to Duke.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Goalie in 10th is a Duke committ.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
sweet. they will need him.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Some would say he's not even the best one...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sorry to say but I have watched all three goalies play. He is by far the best one on that team. I really dont want to knock any of the others but if he was not in net during the whole 1st half of the game versus St. Anthony's Chaminade would have lost that game.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hope that checks out. Duke's goalie position recruiting starting with Aaron on down through some kids who are HS upperclassmen has been awful. That is one position where Dino must be praying for a transfer to bail it out like the FOGO position.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Dont think talent is the problem at Chammy... kids that get cut go on to play college lacrosse... maybe they shouldn't have a former goalie coach coaching their offense.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Has any of the the stud 10th graders get any play time ??

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sorry to say but I have watched all three goalies play. He is by far the best one on that team. I really dont want to knock any of the others but if he was not in net during the whole 1st half of the game versus St. Anthony's Chaminade would have lost that game.

And if he was in the whole scond half it wouldn't have been close

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hope that checks out. Duke's goalie position recruiting starting with Aaron on down through some kids who are HS upperclassmen has been awful. That is one position where Dino must be praying for a transfer to bail it out like the FOGO position.

That is kind of a subtle knock on ex-Chaminade grad players, right.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]sweet. they will need him.

Next years goalie position will be solid. The top Junior and the top Soph goalies are strong. The other Junior goalies are not very good. Save the hard shots and let up easy-ones & can't clear the ball....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Have you watched them play. THEY HAVE NO OFFENSE! They are no threat offensively. They're not even a threat on man up! You can see how wound tight they are by looking at the box when they sub.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So what are we trying to say about Chaminade lacrosse? They can't find enough talent in 100's of kids and/or the long time coaches have forgotten how to coach? I do think there is something to be said about having D-1 commits all over the place that haven't even played a varsity game. And a coaching staff totally enamored with the club team approach. A group of hungry kids growing up in the same neighborhood love nothing more than knocking off the "annointed" ones.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Next years goalie position will be solid. The top Junior and the top Soph goalies are strong. The other Junior goalies are not very good. Save the hard shots and let up easy-ones & can't clear the ball....

The 2 goalies that played in the JV championship against St. As last year were very good. Those 2 split all the big games last year - Delbarton, Manhasset, etc. Not sure about the other one.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
JV championship game? does the Catholic league have JV playoffs?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Losing a very good senior are you crazy he stinks. Will ride the pine for 4 years at ND. His lacrosse career is basically done. Go get a good education from ND.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The 2 goalies that played in the JV championship against St. As last year were very good. Those 2 split all the big games last year - Delbarton, Manhasset, etc. Not sure about the other one.

The starter from last year is very good. The Back ups struggle. Saves the hard shots and lets up easy-ones & can't clear the ball. Both JV Goalies will start over him next year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The starter from last year is very good. The Back ups struggle. Saves the hard shots and lets up easy-ones & can't clear the ball. Both JV Goalies will start over him next year.

[/quote]

You clearly are trying to stir the pot. There was no "starter" last year. There was a four goalie rotation with each goalie playing a quarter. The only games where that did not happen was against the good teams: St As, Delbarton, Manhasset, etc. Then only 2 played. No goalie ever played the whole game. Stop trying to stir up crap. By the way, I believe one of those 2 goalies is committed to a top 10 NESCAC..

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
but....who was the hero in the JV Championship game? the NY state jv championship

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
but....who was the hero in the JV Championship game? the NY state jv championship

The Sophomore Goalie will start next season. The Juniors don't have the same talent. The Sophomores are the best class they have had in a very long time.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Dont think talent is the problem at Chammy... kids that get cut go on to play college lacrosse... maybe they shouldn't have a former goalie coach coaching their offense.

I just want to insure we got this straight? You have one of the most respected HS Coaches in the country and you are blaming the teams lack of success on the offence coach? This is one of the best Lax programs in the country and this year they forgot how to coach?? Do you realize how silly this sounds. Could it be that this group didn't develop as expect? This team is not wining against the top teams. Typically if there was a weak grade it was covered up by the grades in front and behind it. This year their appears to be two weak grades in a row. Not something that has been at this school in a very long time. Next year will be a big test & a lot of pressure to win.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looks like Kellenberg gave Chammy a run for its money? 9-4. I bet this game was not close. Chammy took it easy on them. Chammy may get one win for the rest of the season.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looks like Kellenberg gave Chammy a run for its money? 9-4. I bet this game was not close. Chammy took it easy on them. Chammy may get one win for the rest of the season.

Which is it? Did they take it easy or did they give them a run for their money? Clarification

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Which is it? Did they take it easy or did they give them a run for their money? Clarification

It was 4 to 2 @ halftime. I doubt Cham "took it easy" on them. The junior middie going to Duke is back in the lineup. Maybe he can help generate some offense from the midfield position.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So the holdback, cheater is back.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The Sophomore Goalie will start next season. The Juniors don't have the same talent. The Sophomores are the best class they have had in a very long time.

Says the sophomore dad. You have no idea whats going to happen at the next level, lets relax with the best in a very long time. Just because Ty Xanders said so doesnt mean its true....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It was 4 to 2 @ halftime. I doubt Cham "took it easy" on them. The junior middie going to Duke is back in the lineup. Maybe he can help generate some offense from the midfield position.

Wow? that is a surprise. Kellenberg is really a poor team the last 2 years. They have not played or beat anyone. St Dom man-handled Kelleberg

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is this a compliment, criticism or sarcasm? Hard to tell where you are going with this? They are losing games by less? Is that the point?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wow? that is a surprise. Kellenberg is really a poor team the last 2 years. They have not played or beat anyone. St Dom man-handled Kelleberg

Who's kidding who. Moran and the Kellenberg coach are in business together and Moran doesn't want to embarrass his friend. That guy is on thin ice as it is. Believe me if there was any bad blood or a real rivalry with no connection between the ocaches, Chaminade would crush Kellenberg.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If I may rant for a minute. Recently, on both the boys and girls high school threads, I have seen comments to people {being anonymous we don't know the ages or profession of anyone} about attending H.S. games. In some situations an attendee either didn't have a child on either team, or stayed at a tournament longer than some felt appropriate to watch other teams play, or traveled a distance some would see as too far, or voided a game for "scouting" purposes. These people were vilified by others, and even called derogatory names for watching a sport the love. Why is it only lacrosse parents do this. If someone went to watch a football game, or a basketball game between two good teams no one would care or say a word. Who are these parents to hijack a public sporting event and slander people for loving a sport. Are they the same people that complain that Lacrosse isn't popular enough and should receive more attention, while excluding anyone without a direct interest in any particular game. Shame on you for calling someone a "perv" or a "loser" for watching a game they love. I bet you're the same person making March Madness brackets at your office, does that also make you a
"perv" or a "loser" for watching that sport with no child involved. Maybe if we welcomed people into watch our children play the sport we all love it will grow and become bigger, instead of pointing fingers at people and calling fans names.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Chaminade was not subbing. So you think he told the players don't score, this is business?? You take it easy on a team and don't drop 20 on them. You do not play a 9 4 game.

Last year it was 15 -2. Was he mad at him last year??

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hide behind your frustration that your son isn't going anywhere and had to transfer to see the field. Know the facts before you make a statement and embarrass yourself. Feel bad for your inferiority complex and taking it out on a high school lax player. Saying all this with no horse in the game. You are a big talker on an anonymous site. Sad!;

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Who's kidding who. Moran and the Kellenberg coach are in business together and Moran doesn't want to embarrass his friend. That guy is on thin ice as it is. Believe me if there was any bad blood or a real rivalry with no connection between the ocaches, Chaminade would crush Kellenberg.

They are business partners. Including sharing game film.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They are business partners. Including sharing game film.

So you think this year Moran kept it close 4-2 at half and 9-4 at the end. Because they are business partners? Last year it was 15-2?? Did he do this because Kellenberg coach is on thin ice? Even though his team is not wining? and may only win 1 game for the rest of the season. If that is the case. I want to go into business with Moran. What a good friend and partner he is. Did he let St A win that game for the same reasons. Or is it that Chammy is just not a good team and they don't have the talent they typically have. Time will tell all.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

[/quote] Kellenberg will never be a threat to him. He will help out a buddy as much as possible. As opposed to what the Big 2 try to do to Doms and SJB. There is no assistance there.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just an FYI, almost all coaches share game film. How else do you think they get it?

Like Reply Quote
Page 41 of 111 1 2 39 40 41 42 43 110 111
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard