BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,621
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 11 of 28 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 27 28
Re: Boys 2020
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
They are playing crabs today - we will let this one slide wink

And very curious...another home field game for Crabs. Guess they don't want to be seen with all their bigger, older faster stronger players and cut yet another deal. And....another excuse/explanation will be forthcoming from the league.

Its in the HOCO bylaws a team can do this. Why Crabs does this is beyond me. Just a classless organization and leader.

What minor rules player eligibility are you referring to?

Y'all need to lighten up. Both Looneys and Crabs would prefer to play at BL rather than drive to Columbia. Both clubs agreed to it.

So the hoco rules apply when it benefits Crabs but minor rules player eligibility do not apply when the mighty crabs might be inconvenienced.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We were TOLD where we were playing - did not agree to anything just like everyone else who is playing Crabs on their home turf. Just pointing out another inconsistency when it comes to Crabs and how they like to control things - including Howard county.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's official...Crabs dominates Loonies..bring on Team 91..Crabs best team in the country at 2020.

Why we love Crabs so much...the humility even when they play with a roster full of holdbacks is comical. Sad but most of Maryland is hoping Crush beats you good. Too bad it won't be on National tv next time.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They are playing crabs today - we will let this one slide wink

And very curious...another home field game for Crabs. Guess they don't want to be seen with all their bigger, older faster stronger players and cut yet another deal. And....another excuse/explanation will be forthcoming from the league.

Its in the HOCO bylaws a team can do this. Why Crabs does this is beyond me. Just a classless organization and leader.

I believe they are referring to this 2016 HOCO rule.
"The Conference follows a grade based system based on the player’s current grade level and assuming normal progression of school to graduation." Some feel Crabs ignores this rule, as they have players who have repeated grades and feel this is not the normal progression of school to graduation. Seems someone with the HOCO league lets this slide by.

Y'all need to lighten up. Both Looneys and Crabs would prefer to play at BL rather than drive to Columbia. Both clubs agreed to it.

So the hoco rules apply when it benefits Crabs but minor rules player eligibility do not apply when the mighty crabs might be inconvenienced.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's true...2019 won today.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's official...Crabs dominates Loonies..bring on Team 91..Crabs best team in the country at 2020.

Pound your chest- families across the country find your wins an embarrassment and yet amusing. When your older kids are left back so they can out play younger kids, you know they were not talented enough to play on age. Your wins mean nothing to most. When you can play without half a team of kids that needed to be held back, we will then applaud you, until then we find you irrelevant to the age group and sport.

Left back= reclass= desperate measures for less than talented kids. Talent never plays down!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
19-8

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
19-8

19-8, what does that mean? Maybe it is referring to Crabs 2020 team, 19 holdbacks and 8 on age kids. That has got to be it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
19-8

19-8, what does that mean? Maybe it is referring to Crabs 2020 team, 19 holdbacks and 8 on age kids. That has got to be it.

WSYL Crush-19 Crabs non-holdbacks-8 but your statement is roughly the correct ratio..

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It means the Crabs were absolutely embarrassed on national tv when they couldn't use holdbacks.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How come nobody talking about the fact that these boys are playing down because coaches and daddies have an agenda to promote themselves not the boys. Every Long Island kid with any skills is always pushed up in age and grade competition...never down. When did you ever see a quality Long Team enter down in tourney brackets? Think about this...in D1 the Long Island kids are the ones grabbing headlines across every conference. Play up Crabs and you might see a difference in the future. Not doing your son any favors playing down.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

"The Conference follows a grade based system based on the player’s current grade level and assuming normal progression of school to graduation." Some feel Crabs ignores this rule, as they have players who have repeated grades and feel this is not the normal progression of school to graduation. Seems someone with the HOCO league lets this slide by.

Believe me, I'm no Crabs apologist, and I think what they're doing is despicable.

But when the HoCo rules state that they follow a grade-based system based on a player's current (this is the key word) grade level and assuming a normal progression, the way I read that is you can't have, for example, an eighth grader this year playing 2021 because you know his parents are going to hold him back in school next year. This year, he is an eighth grader, and a normal progression from his current grade is a 2020 graduation year. NEXT year he will be a 2021 graduate because he'll be repeating eighth grade.

Again, I don't think it's right, and you could argue that what they do violates the spirit of the rule. But they're not the only ones doing it. I could probably count on one hand the number of programs not using at least one holdback.

My kid is probably the smallest on his team, and yeah, he gets matched up against some of these kids with full-on man beards that drive themselves to games. But he holds his own. In the long run he'll be better off.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Believe me, I'm no Crabs apologist, and I think what they're doing is despicable.

But when the HoCo rules state that they follow a grade-based system based on a player's current (this is the key word) grade level and assuming a normal progression, the way I read that is you can't have, for example, an eighth grader this year playing 2021 because you know his parents are going to hold him back in school next year. This year, he is an eighth grader, and a normal progression from his current grade is a 2020 graduation year. NEXT year he will be a 2021 graduate because he'll be repeating eighth grade.

Again, I don't think it's right, and you could argue that what they do violates the spirit of the rule. But they're not the only ones doing it. I could probably count on one hand the number of programs not using at least one holdback.

My kid is probably the smallest on his team, and yeah, he gets matched up against some of these kids with full-on man beards that drive themselves to games. But he holds his own. In the long run he'll be better off.

That seems like a far shot and really really trying to make the rule fit what is happening on the Crabs team as a practice and limited extent on some other teams - a reasonable person interprets it to mean that anyone playing in that grade followed a normal progression through school to get to the grade they are playing with. The other does not even make sense.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A quick search of Crabs 2020/2019 2015 will show a number of their players played on their 2019 team last year. It really is a shame that a municipal organization is an enabler of this behavior. Not to mention the multiple double Holdbacks.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A quick search of Crabs 2020/2019 2015 will show a number of their players played on their 2019 team last year. It really is a shame that a municipal organization is an enabler of this behavior. Not to mention the multiple double Holdbacks.

Everybody complains about it on the board but have any cared enough to write or call Howard County - not the Commissioner who would be too close to the situation but to people like Kittleman? The Howard County website gives all the information needed. If you want something done and for them to follow their printed rules, then you need to let the people who can do something about it know. Guarantee they are not lurking on this forum.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You should see my 5 th grader play against my 2 nod grader absolute all American. Pathetic crabs

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How come nobody talking about the fact that these boys are playing down because coaches and daddies have an agenda to promote themselves not the boys. Every Long Island kid with any skills is always pushed up in age and grade competition...never down. When did you ever see a quality Long Team enter down in tourney brackets? Think about this...in D1 the Long Island kids are the ones grabbing headlines across every conference. Play up Crabs and you might see a difference in the future. Not doing your son any favors playing down.

Please don't lump all MD kids in with this behavior. There are many kids and parents who do not agree with it. I would never allow my son to reclass. It's cheap. Bottom line. But all you can control is yourself and the message you send your own kid. Work hard, have integrity. Be able to look at yourself in the mirror. Be able to look your teammates in the eyes.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why we love Crabs so much...the humility even when they play with a roster full of holdbacks is comical. Sad but most of Maryland is hoping Crush beats you good. Too bad it won't be on National tv next time.

I know for a fact one of the LI clubs is really fed up with the Crabs. Story is they are putting together an all holdback and double hold back team specifically to play the Crabs in 2020. The idea is to pound them into submission, so they stop this nonsense. They really want to teach them a lesson. The team will take the field when Crabs least expect it. I only hope I'm around to watch it. The goal is to hang 35 goals on them in a 40 minute game. Supposedly, its loaded with D1 commits from 2019 and 2018 from multiple clubs at every position.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You LI dads need to get a life.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Very mature.... That will teach Crabs a lesson!

Get a life dude

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Get a life dude

Maybe not very mature, but many from LI and Maryland would love to see it but Crabs controls whoever they play obsessively so doubt you would ever see them up against a team they don't know they can beat.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Please don't lump all MD kids in with this behavior. There are many kids and parents who do not agree with it. I would never allow my son to reclass. It's cheap. Bottom line. But all you can control is yourself and the message you send your own kid. Work hard, have integrity. Be able to look at yourself in the mirror. Be able to look your teammates in the eyes.

Agree- it is a small part of Maryland making us all look bad.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I know for a fact one of the LI clubs is really fed up with the Crabs. Story is they are putting together an all holdback and double hold back team specifically to play the Crabs in 2020. The idea is to pound them into submission, so they stop this nonsense. They really want to teach them a lesson. The team will take the field when Crabs least expect it. I only hope I'm around to watch it. The goal is to hang 35 goals on them in a 40 minute game. Supposedly, its loaded with D1 commits from 2019 and 2018 from multiple clubs at every position.

How do you think they are going to get away with that? Call them what you want, but everyone on Crabs 2020 is in 8th grade. SO this mystery LI team is going to put 2018 and 2019 kids on a team to play them? Whatever Joey

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How do you think they are going to get away with that? Call them what you want, but everyone on Crabs 2020 is in 8th grade. SO this mystery LI team is going to put 2018 and 2019 kids on a team to play them? Whatever Joey
. Who do you think you are kidding. True, Crabs 2020 players are in the 8th grade but that team is loaded with holdbacks. There are two big middies that played on Crabs 2019 last year and here they are this year on Crabs 2020. And no, they did not play up last year. Remember Crabs rosters were released by accident last November, so quite a few people have this info. I think those two middies mentioned above could be the double holdbacks. They are just big, but believe me, they are not great, they are average and if they played with their own age group they would not be that good nor dominate.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Easy, just say the they are planning to reclassify in the fall, that's what the Crabs did.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That's literally the most ridiculous thing I've seen on this board, and there's some truly idiodtic stuff here for sure - who's telling this "story"? LOL

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It really is not that far fetched that a group of players currently in 8th grade (2020) could play the whole summer as a 2021 team pretending they are going to reclass. It's essentially what the Crabs did vs 91 last year at Beach Lax. Just another reason this sport needs to move to age based classification. Too many ways to bend the rules.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
DELETED middies is a double holdback. I'd have to assume he is pushing 16 years old. Almost 16 and playing against kids who are 13 and 14. How is this allowed?

Last edited by CJ Orlando; . Reason: Do not identify players
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Get a life dude

Maybe not very mature, but many from LI and Maryland would love to see it but Crabs controls whoever they play obsessively so doubt you would ever see them up against a team they don't know they can beat.

Only lesson Crabs will be taught is how to win humbly...they will beat any team, any time....Dream on loser!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
19-8 crab daddy. Humiliated on national TV.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Never happen. LI teams don't really care about Crabs. Didn't Crush make them look like 10 year olds at WSYL last year??

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Madlax has more holdbacks than Crabs, but nobody says anything. FCA, Looney's, Rising Sons - all have multiple holdbacks.

I guess it's fine to ignore teams with holdbacks if they don't beat you.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yeah, no one talks about the Mater Delay holdbacks on Club Blue. Seems like you get more visibility the closer you are to 8th grade when you repeat a grade, or the better you or your club is.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Crabs handbook - is what you are doing ethical? Well, it's not illegal.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The word ethical is not in Ryan McClernan's vocabulary, never has been never will be. I know other 2020 teams have holdbacks, but not near the extent of Crabs and not for the reasons that Crabs uses. They openly say to players, if you want to remain with the program you will have to repeat a year. This has been proven many times over by both parents of present and former Crab players.
Ryan McClernan knows that this is well known, but he doesn't care, he just continues with his "gaming" the system to enable him to have older and bigger players who can dominate younger players. Two of his holdback big middies on his 2020 team are a total joke. They are close to 16 years old, in the 8th grade, go to BL and their parents think they are superstars. Trust me they aren't, just average players who are older and bigger than the competition.
The entire program, from the top down to the parents is a total joke and is the most disrespected club team in youth lacrosse.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Madlax has more holdbacks than Crabs, but nobody says anything. FCA, Looney's, Rising Sons - all have multiple holdbacks.

I guess it's fine to ignore teams with holdbacks if they don't beat you.

Once again Madlax has holdback but not the most, I 100% stick behind this statement.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The word ethical is not in Ryan McClernan's vocabulary, never has been never will be. I know other 2020 teams have holdbacks, but not near the extent of Crabs and not for the reasons that Crabs uses. They openly say to players, if you want to remain with the program you will have to repeat a year. This has been proven many times over by both parents of present and former Crab players.
Ryan McClernan knows that this is well known, but he doesn't care, he just continues with his "gaming" the system to enable him to have older and bigger players who can dominate younger players. Two of his holdback big middies on his 2020 team are a total joke. They are close to 16 years old, in the 8th grade, go to BL and their parents think they are superstars. Trust me they aren't, just average players who are older and bigger than the competition.
The entire program, from the top down to the parents is a total joke and is the most disrespected club team in youth lacrosse.

Well said! Crabs 2020 team is totally irrelevant to the discussion of lacrosse. A tainted team and organziation, whose every success on the field is completely nullified by the fact that it was only accomplished with older players. The players, and more importantly their parents, should be consumed by embarrassment. Spineless parents raising feeble kids.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Well said! Crabs 2020 team is totally irrelevant to the discussion of lacrosse. A tainted team and organziation, whose every success on the field is completely nullified by the fact that it was only accomplished with older players. The players, and more importantly their parents, should be consumed by embarrassment. Spineless parents raising feeble kids.

Whatever you say. There are about 7 kids on the 2021 team that would dominate at 2020 too. Be careful what you wish for. If things were age based, the other teams lose their holdbacks too. Crabs still has the best talent. Keep up with your excuses/

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

hahahaha got you! What a DOPE. Names not Joey, but yours surely is Dopey. Do you really think any LI parent would waste their time with such frivolity??? Our kids always play up. That's why all three top Tewarraton finalists are from NY. Two from LI one from Upstate. I will say, the level of fear in your post was palpable... For a minute you thought your double hold back, former 2018 player was going to get embarrassed. Don't worry our on age kids will take care of that!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Whatever you say. There are about 7 kids on the 2021 team that would dominate at 2020 too. Be careful what you wish for. If things were age based, the other teams lose their holdbacks too. Crabs still has the best talent. Keep up with your excuses/

There are several kids on Crabs 2021 team that are holdbacks and should be playing 2020 this year. Just because they are on 2021 does not mean they belong there, it is just another example of Crabs having holdbacks throughout most of their teams. Oh, and those 2021's you mentioned, there is absolutely no way they would dominate on 2020, I know 4 of them and one is a total head case, average talent. Try again to deflect but it is not working, too many people know way more about Crab players than Ryan or the parents realize.
And, if it did go age base most other 2020 teams lose about 3 to 4 players, Crabs lose about 14+. Don't try to argue that number, we know it is fairly accurate.

Page 11 of 28 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 27 28

Link Copied to Clipboard