BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,586
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 16 of 32 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 31 32
Re: BOYS PAL League
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Tourney Machine is for Scheduling ONLY.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by HarryJ

It's PAL, does anyone care who wins and loses? I guess only the towns that stack the teams instead of splitting them evenly.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous

It's PAL, does anyone care who wins and loses? I guess only the towns that stack the teams instead of splitting them evenly.

Only crazy mommy and daddy's care. Most PAL kids worry about what snack they are getting post game. Even the travel kids.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Only crazy mommy and daddy's care. Most PAL kids worry about what snack they are getting post game. Even the travel kids.

Not sure what you guys are talking about. Do your kids go to practice? The kids on my PAL team practice hard 3 times a week because they want to be better players and want to win. And it's been that way for many of them for years. No kid I know plays the game to lose. I guess there are teams in the C and D divisions for coaches and kids who don't care, but all of the teams I've played, coaches I've spoken to, parents I've spoken to and players I know keep score and work hard to win (travel kids included).

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think the majority of "c" and "d" players do actually care, as do the coaches that give up their time. They were not blessed to be lax studs but many still enjoy playing, being on a team and competing with their friends and working to get better--especially in the older grades.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think the majority of "c" and "d" players do actually care, as do the coaches that give up their time. They were not blessed to be lax studs but many still enjoy playing, being on a team and competing with their friends and working to get better--especially in the older grades.

Then we're in agreement, PAL matters to everyone that plays... except apparently the two guys who posted before.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wrong. If we are playing a team that is getting blow out every week. We prepare at practice to move the ball for the game and not run up the score. If we are playing a team that is blowing everyone out, we prepare the kids that they will have to work hard on game day. Only crazy mommies and daddies come here to post when stupid falls out of their mouth. And by the way, I can't wait to go to the game this weekend and lose, said no kid ever.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I gues only in big bad travel games it's appropriate to keep scores. Sorry

From
Us little folk

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Then we're in agreement, PAL matters to everyone that plays... except apparently the two guys who posted before.

And that is the point, everyone plays.

So when the less skilled player get in and the team loses, no one cares. If people really cared, the bench kids would never play and when they got in none of the good kids would pass the ball to them. So the way it is done in my town is they even out the teams and when that beginner/less skilled kid scores by a miracle, we all celebrate and have FUN...if you want to practice 3 times a week and play your starters all game, and stack your team and celebrate when your AAAAA team wins, go ahead. NO ONE CARES.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You obviously come from a C program. These boys are 10 or are going to be. You still bring snacks to the games???? Give away the stick man and go buy a mit.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You obviously come from a C program. These boys are 10 or are going to be. You still bring snacks to the games???? Give away the stick man and go buy a mit.

You are telling me travel kids don't get snacks at tourneys? What are you feeding little Johnny...protein shakes and quinoa? Give me a break.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Because of the season and travel running earlier and earlier Pal is tough in the spring

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
shamalama ding dong

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You are telling me travel kids don't get snacks at tourneys? What are you feeding little Johnny...protein shakes and quinoa? Give me a break.

Travel kids are on a field all day long. Snacks make sense in that scenario, but after a 40 minute PAL game? And if that's what your boy looks forward too on game day, move along man its not for you.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The tauntaun's worked awesome keeping our boys warm. Thanks for the advice.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We keep recently fallen tauntauns on our sideline and slice there bellies open and have the kids stick their hands in there as soon as they come off the field to warm up. AD at High School gets annoyed when the coaches forget to remove the carcass after games though.

Best line on BOT! LMAO

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So when the less skilled player get in and the team loses, no one cares. If people really cared, the bench kids would never play and when they got in none of the good kids would pass the ball to them. So the way it is done in my town is they even out the teams and when that beginner/less skilled kid scores by a miracle, we all celebrate and have FUN...if you want to practice 3 times a week and play your starters all game, and stack your team and celebrate when your AAAAA team wins, go ahead. NO ONE CARES.

Everyone on my team plays, a lot. We celebrate every score, every ground ball, every assist and save by the goalie. The best kid gets as much love as the worst. But make no mistake, they ALL care. So do the parents. If your kid doesn't care then he should join the chess club because he doesn't have a competitive bone in his body. In my experience, the parents that profess not to care usually care the most.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Everyone on my team plays, a lot. We celebrate every score, every ground ball, every assist and save by the goalie. The best kid gets as much love as the worst. But make no mistake, they ALL care. So do the parents. If your kid doesn't care then he should join the chess club because he doesn't have a competitive bone in his body. In my experience, the parents that profess not to care usually care the most.

Sorry Pal its only PAL! My son is a top kid on his team and is a top contributor on a travel team as well, at these games he feeds the ball to his teammates/buddies and hopes it banks in off a stick. If he wanted against most teams he could score a handful of goals a game, but he doesn't Because He Gets It. When its done he couldn't be happier and he and his buds are having a blast. We never talk about what the score was except in passing. Usually we get it wrong anyway. When he plays club, he cares. I don't ever care as long as he is working hard ...life is short, have fun and don't be that parent.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sorry Pal its only PAL! My son is a top kid on his team and is a top contributor on a travel team as well, at these games he feeds the ball to his teammates/buddies and hopes it banks in off a stick. If he wanted against most teams he could score a handful of goals a game, but he doesn't Because He Gets It. When its done he couldn't be happier and he and his buds are having a blast. We never talk about what the score was except in passing. Usually we get it wrong anyway. When he plays club, he cares. I don't ever care as long as he is working hard ...life is short, have fun and don't be that parent.

LOL..."don't be that parent", says the parent that opens his reply with bragging about how great his kid is.
You're kidding right????

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Liar

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

LOL..."don't be that parent", says the parent that opens his reply with bragging about how great his kid is.
You're kidding right????

OK score keeper, I get it, your kid never loses and your town is the champs of PAL. When is the parade? I hear its great.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anyone know what the deal was with that Rocky Point team at the William Floyd tournament this past Saturday? What grade was that team?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looked like a 5th grade team , they were playing up against older kids from what I saw. They were not very good to be playing up.

quote=Anonymous]Does anyone know what the deal was with that Rocky Point team at the William Floyd tournament this past Saturday? What grade was that team? [/quote]

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I heard the Bellport 8th grade team did very well - anyone see them?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Think that team had mostly 7th graders
And they weren't that good either .

quote=Anonymous]I heard the Bellport 8th grade team did very well - anyone see them? [/quote]

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Which teams did they do well against??? CMON REALLY ?
Tournament had top program teams?

Does anyone have final scores of some of these teams that played? Bellport? Longwood? Rocky Point ? William Floyd ? who else??

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Mom, you forgot to say #deleted (aka, your son) was a beast out on the field. Dodge, Snipe, Fist Pump

Last edited by CJ Orlando; . Reason: No references to players allowed!
Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Refs at Franklin Square vs Lynbrook game past Sunday were great! Called a tight game but explained to boys what the rule meant as it was being called. They were talking to the boys all game...great learning experience for them. Thanks guys!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Refs at Franklin Square vs Lynbrook game past Sunday were great! Called a tight game but explained to boys what the rule meant as it was being called. They were talking to the boys all game...great learning experience for them. Thanks guys!

Saw a game this weekend where the refs asked for Captains to be sent out and explained what they expected had the kids shake hands and I thought that was great. They also explained penalties that wee called to the kids as well. Just a very good job.

It isn't always bad.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
this weekend we see the beginning of the end. Nassau doesn't post the records, can they be found somewhere?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
this weekend we see the beginning of the end. Nassau doesn't post the records, can they be found somewhere?

The scores are posted by the refs up on their Horizon website. Access to this site is only given to PAL coaches, directors and the refs. They do not keep standings.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
last weekend in Nassau PAL. Whew, thought it would never end.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sorry to bore you. Don't sign Jr. up next year then. Went fast for us. But I guess we liked watching the kids have fun and learn more about the game.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sounds like there could be a better setup for the information platform. You should look at how the CONNY organization is set up. There is a central clearinghouse website where all games are scheduled and then scores are input. Anybody can see the game schedules and results for every age team from every town. Scores are only posted for U11 on up (basically 4th grade and only). For those not aware, CONNY is the program that all the primary town programs in CT and part of Westchester participate in. For reference, I am from CT.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sorry to bore you. Don't sign Jr. up next year then. Went fast for us. But I guess we liked watching the kids have fun and learn more about the game.

Too many pansy d-bags like you around giving everyone a trophy.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Who said anything about trophies? It's the one time he plays with kids he knows in town. He has fun. From your reaction I can tell you never played a sport or won much, otherwise you'd be ok with your kid doing something just for the sake of doing it. As I said mr serious, just tell your kid he can't play and be honest with your rationale for it. I'm sure a kid will understand. And just think, you'll get back all 7 or 8 of those Sunday mornings back. All that extra time to have a championship at the breakfast table over who ate the most pancakes. You can probably make up at shirt for it on the web.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Who said anything about trophies? It's the one time he plays with kids he knows in town. He has fun. From your reaction I can tell you never played a sport or won much, otherwise you'd be ok with your kid doing something just for the sake of doing it. As I said mr serious, just tell your kid he can't play and be honest with your rationale for it. I'm sure a kid will understand. And just think, you'll get back all 7 or 8 of those Sunday mornings back. All that extra time to have a championship at the breakfast table over who ate the most pancakes. You can probably make up at shirt for it on the web.

Love it!!! Couldn't agree more

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son, who is now a Varsity player, started playing PAL Lax in 3rd grade and played thru 6th in Nassau. Never kept standings and never got a " participation trophy". What he did get was the following:
1 introduction to a game he had never even thought about before PAL and which he now loves and enjoys
2. A weekend morning hanging with dad
3. Chance for him ( and me as well) to make new friends, some of whom he is still playing with today in HS

Let ur son enjoy his pre MS lacrosse days and have fun. if you want him in serious competition at 9 years go with a travel team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So relieved it's over. Too many non lax daddy coaches whose sons ball hog and can't score or fees an open player.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Love it!!! Couldn't agree more

Two Pansy's

Like Reply Quote
Page 16 of 32 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 31 32
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard