BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 31 of 77 1 2 29 30 31 32 33 76 77
Re: High School Lax Boys
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I do remember Manhasset having 6 loses before making a run to the state championship last year. Same idiots were calling out the town's coaches, players, parents, blah, blah, blah.

Originally Posted by Anonymous
GC crushed today by Ridgefield. What has happened to this once mighty program? Not just GC, Chaminade too! Those 2014/2015 senior classes are sorely missed.

Every program has off years.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The coach is extremely negative and not a "builder" of men. Played various sports my whole life (including D1 lax) and have been coached by all kinds. it is not an easy job but the bottom line is the best coaches bring out the best in their teams. GC HC is verbally abusive at times and his players are scared to make a mistake. the team plays tight because of this. We all know you play better when you are allowed to take chances. How many transition goals have they scored this year?Not many. The vast majority of his ex players are not fans. I think that says something - they cant all be wrong. He also runs the youth program which is a conflict of interest since he is lining his pockets with a sub par product. Fro those that live in town- you know what i am talking about. for those that dont you will be critical- bottom line is that he is not a "good guy" , a person you want developing your child.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
On Meadow St. Lol

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Played for G.C. In the late seventies and I can't believe that the current Coach could be half as abusive as Doc was. Abusive both physically and mentally. He did whatever he wanted including having his son " adopted " by a family so he can attend the High School and play for his Dad. I think the difference was that the players that I played with were tougher mentally and our parents were not involved at all. There was no nonsense as far as playing time, the better players played. To the poster who commented about his 2M dollar home , you should take a ride up to the North Shore and look at some of the neighborhoods you might realize that G.C. Isn't all that. FYI not much pot smoking in my day but we drank ours asses off ! At the time it was a great place to grow up. Nothing but great memories.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you dont like the program go play on a travel team where they take your money and dont care who you are. All your comments are telling me is that your son is not a very good lax player. HC is a great guy,I played with him in HS and he is a great teacher, coach and family man in my opinion.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does the AD and administration know that GC head coach runs the youth program and how much money he is making on that?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
really?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Obviously the AD knows

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
so does the HC care about who you are? or is it only if he played with or knows you? you are a very lucky guy must be a "Slytherin"

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
so does the HC care about who you are? or is it only if he played with or knows you? you are a very lucky guy must be a "Slytherin"

This goes on in most varsity sports in GC. It's rampant in football baseball and lax on the boys side for just the reasons said here. On the girls side it exists too but Instead of the father/son thing it's the sister and field hockey favorites thing. Its out of control.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This goes on in most varsity sports in GC. It's rampant in football baseball and lax on the boys side for just the reasons said here. On the girls side it exists too but Instead of the father/son thing it's the sister and field hockey favorites thing. Its out of control.

Like everything else in life, it's not what you know, it's who you know. Why would it be any different here or at any other high school for that matter. Wake up and accept it for what it is. It's never going to change.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
He may be, but if you can't see the conflict in interest you are not a bright man or you have blinderson

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thay are deluded into loving their land locked measured in feet plots in GC (East Queens). Granted there are a few very nice streets that give GC its rep as a "rich town" and after that the overwhelming majority is like any other cookie cutter nassau town.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would think that there is full disclosure..similar to Chanenchuk St Anthony's and Moran at Chaminade owning the Express..

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The last 30 pages of this thread are nothing more than a classic example of
Schadenfreude: revelling n the GC program's misfortune.

And, as for "cookie cutter" -- well, you Suffolk folks forget that GC is the rare combination of superior athletics AND academics, not one or the other. And, I'll take my cookie cutter if it means I don't need to look at someone's boat or commercial vehicle parked next to my driveway all day. And, that 37 minute commute to Penn isn't bad either.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Good for you. To each their. Lower your nose a tad though...you are middle class too, just working to pay the bills. Don't kid yourself with your loafers perpetrating some sort of well to do image... Only difference between us likely is I ain't trying to keep up with the Jones or caring too much about what everyone else thinks...

B_O_T_C Offline OP
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Are we really going to go here?

It isn't enough that we spend the last weeks on brow beating everyone for some mistakes made by kids... Now we have to do the "my life is better than yours" routine?!!?

Are you guys for real? If I didn't know better I would swear that you were 16 years old, the way you act.. Grow up already!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Look, at the end of the day, lacrosse is a competitive sport with every [lacrosse] parent thinking they could do better. If a coach favors someone he likes over a strong player, he is going to get beaten by a coach that just plays the best players. Playing weaker favorites is self defeating. I've never seen so much sour grapes in a blog before

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
US News & World Report ranks GC HS as #12in NYS, #1 in Long Island. Where do you rank?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They dont read US News and World report...Words are way too hard...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
US News & World Report ranks GC HS as #12in NYS, #1 in Long Island. Where do you rank?

All those fancy ranking didn't teach these kids sht about common fkn sense. Fire up the Affluenza defense.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

(That doesn't pass even the most basic credulity test.)

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Do you think this incident of illegal activity will hurt your national ranking?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can we please Get back to lacrosse talk? What games are good this week? Newsday has top 3 rankings as Anthony's, then smith east then CSH ( wth) followed by Pequa. How does CSH fit in the top 5? Who they even play?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
SJB vs. Doms tomm for 3rd place bragging rights in Catholic

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not a single answer to the basic question, where does your HS rank? Typical, end the jealousy now and move on kids, this argument is over.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
SJB vs. Doms tomm for 3rd place bragging rights in Catholic

What does the loser get a chance to win the A championship instead of AA?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not a single answer to the basic question, where does your HS rank? Typical, end the jealousy now and move on kids, this argument is over.

Smithtown school district, St. James to be exact, which is HS East. Nice house, plenty of property, NO CROWDS, great school district (both academics and athletics, good music program too). Pleasant people and a small town feel, lots of open space, vineyards, farms and trees. A bit of heaven here on LI to be honest. Oh yeah, doesn't mean as much to us out here but you seem to use it a a measurement so I'll mention it, plenty of big expensive houses out here too. Waterfront, riverfront, you name it. So while it may not be ranked as high on a magazine's list (embarrassing that you are using that but I'll stick with your narrative), it CERTAINLY provides a much more well rounded area to raise a family. But you go on enjoying your little patch of land in Queens and your once great district, we'll keep progressing out here on the north shore of Suffolk, truly living the good life.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can we please Get back to lacrosse talk? What games are good this week? Newsday has top 3 rankings as Anthony's, then smith east then CSH ( wth) followed by Pequa. How does CSH fit in the top 5? Who they even play?

Won the class C state championship (19-1) last year beating manhasset , Babylon , pleasantville and Casanova along way. Then best Long Island A champs syosset this year. That should get them in conversation for top 5!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Never asked about the house asked about where the district ranked. Keep it to the question, where does the district rank?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Smithtown East, do you even have sidewalks? Septic tank too, get real. What's embarrassing about someone using a national magazine ranking? Every college in the country uses the same one. Guess Harvard and Princeton should be embarrassed as well. Why is it more well rounded? If the ranking is for 2015 how is it a once great district? It's a CURRENT ranking. Smithtown East doesn't even rank. Taxes are very high, rundown houses because no one is made to keep them up. Come on no comparison.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
when did this site become about real estate/houses vs lacrosse?

How about the asses that need to knock other people's town, go to Craigslist Rant and Rave.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Do any of you morons know how they calculate the ranking? It doesn't mean much!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Soooo,
I guess the soph middie line at WM DOES know how to shoot/dodge/score
etc.....nice win. Fact: This coach plays the Best players to win. Nice job today. Get right back to practice field tomorrow & keep getting better.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Smithtown school district, St. James to be exact, which is HS East. Nice house, plenty of property, NO CROWDS, great school district (both academics and athletics, good music program too). Pleasant people and a small town feel, lots of open space, vineyards, farms and trees. A bit of heaven here on LI to be honest. Oh yeah, doesn't mean as much to us out here but you seem to use it a a measurement so I'll mention it, plenty of big expensive houses out here too. Waterfront, riverfront, you name it. So while it may not be ranked as high on a magazine's list (embarrassing that you are using that but I'll stick with your narrative), it CERTAINLY provides a much more well rounded area to raise a family. But you go on enjoying your little patch of land in Queens and your once great district, we'll keep progressing out here on the north shore of Suffolk, truly living the good life.

Taxes through the roof and lets not even talk about the commute if you have to go West of 110 every day. If youre independently wealthy sure Long Island is a great place, but if not its a overpriced, overrated mess. About all we have here worth anything is good food, a couple of decent beaches and some decent lacrosse that most of you people try to ruin with your nonsense. Theres great lacrosse and great places to live all over this country that wont break your bank or take years off your life commuting..,......

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Soooo,
etc.....nice win. Fact: This coach plays the Best players to win. Nice job today. Get right back to practice field tomorrow & keep getting better.

Oh boy, not this again.......just when we were all picking on GC

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
who did WM play today?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Smithtown East, do you even have sidewalks? Septic tank too, get real. What's embarrassing about someone using a national magazine ranking? Every college in the country uses the same one. Guess Harvard and Princeton should be embarrassed as well. Why is it more well rounded? If the ranking is for 2015 how is it a once great district? It's a CURRENT ranking. Smithtown East doesn't even rank. Taxes are very high, rundown houses because no one is made to keep them up. Come on no comparison.

So you've never been there, got it. Enjoy Hempstead, the mall and your concrete.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Soooo,

Why even post this? Let them enjoy the win without the sarcasm. Shameful post and BTW it wasn't just the sophs who were on the field!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What's up with the Hempstead comment? Typical Smithtown trash racist redneck loser. All because Smithtown doesn't rank at all, and by the way SE has 9% of the total school population as financially disadvantaged, wow great place to live. Try again, been there, unimpressed. Sorry jealous little man.

Page 31 of 77 1 2 29 30 31 32 33 76 77

Link Copied to Clipboard