BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,586
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 30 of 77 1 2 28 29 30 31 32 76 77
Re: High School Lax Boys
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hopefully lesson learned by others: years of hard work can be un-done in an instant by one bad decision. Scary concept for any parent so natural for people to lash out with the holier than thou routine. I have teenagers and all have made mistakes and done stupid things....though fortunately not with drugs or alcohol. That is not to say that I might not be profoundly disappointed in them by the end of the weekend. Your job as a parent is never done and there is no such thing as a perfect teenager. It is right that these GC kids pay a price as an example to others of the consequences of this type of behavior. At the same time, be careful about espousing too much judgment regarding them and their parents.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
To all the people bashing garden city and manhasset, remember, a little pot never killed nobody

That's what I'm saying! Not from GC, but a different powerhouse. Not condoning it but that the laxbro! On my son's team the top performers indulge. Lots of things wrong and right in this world. Everyone has an opinion. Do your job and shut your mouth!

There's another powerhouse?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Let me say this. No one was surprised it happened. No one was surprised at who was involved. We the parents of GC are just surprised it took so long to happen.

Set an example so it does not happen again
i

I'm hearing rumblings that damage control is underway and the boys involved will receive just a few days suspension from practice. If this is the case, the AD should resign.. She has no control over any of the HS coaches most of who have been at GCHS for years. The programs are not nearly as successful as they were in years past or as they should/could be. Nepotism, favoritism,and plain old bulls$&@ are rampant on all varsiity teams. It's a disgrace to the community just like this situation is.

Shh...no one is supposed to know. The kids and parents all think they actually made the team because they are great!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As of yesterday; all involved players kicked off of team.. A one week school suspension was handed down. One known commit spot has been designated as "vacated" by that university.

Status of HC and AD unknown.

Coach reported to be "crying" as he informed his players of the situation at practice.

The HC must take the brunt of the responsibility in this case. Yes, parents should have could have done better and are suffering as a result; but the players are under the wing of the coach.

This coach has a long history of mentally beating down players. He has poor interpersonal relation skills. The result of this over the years has been for the players to show him as much respect as he shows them. There has been a loss of honor and values that stem from coaches instilling these virtues into his players and the players having pride in displaying the same.

The parents of this town sit huddled quietly and do not want to rock the boat as this coach has positioned himself as the gateway to college lax and expects the masses to bow down to him. And they do. His draconian practices are tolerated only as they have come to accept him as the savior.

It is time for this HC to come under review for his abusive ways. A psychological evaluation is not out of the question either.

Too many players have been subjected to this "crying" abusive person.

His tears I am sure are for himself and how much his image has been tarnished. He cares not one iota for his players as people nor does he take up the charge to be a true leader as one would hope and expect. His players would collectively put him through a wall rather than run through one for him.

Time for change. Drastic change.

Sounds like a lot of GC coaches. starts in PAL and goes from there. people in charge are the problem.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Amen!
Garden City is a mess. Just look at the parents behavior and braggadocio attitudes and its easy to see where this type of behavior comes from. Leave the coach alone. Take aim at the residents. Did I mention our PAL program is a mess with infighting as well? The protectionism is rampant for all the little Johnnies and their doomed fate if god forbid they don't make the A team. Friends turning their backs on each other and all the squabbling and political maneuvering... makes me sick. Most of the oafs involved were not much to speak of in their day to boot...joke.

This is worse on the girls side than the boys!

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is it true a freshman made the girls team without even trying out?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As of yesterday; all involved players kicked off of team.. A one week school suspension was handed down. One known commit spot has been designated as "vacated" by that university.

Coach reported to be "crying" as he informed his players of the situation at practice.

The HC must take the brunt of the responsibility in this case. Yes, parents should have could have done better and are suffering as a result; but the players are under the wing of the coach.

This coach has a long history of mentally beating down players. He has poor interpersonal relation skills. The result of this over the years has been for the players to show him as much respect as he shows them. There has been a loss of honor and values that stem from coaches instilling these virtues into his players and the players having pride in displaying the same.

The parents of this town sit huddled quietly and do not want to rock the boat as this coach has positioned himself as the gateway to college lax and expects the masses to bow down to him. And they do. His draconian practices are tolerated only as they have come to accept him as the savior.

It is time for this HC to come under review for his abusive ways. A psychological evaluation is not out of the question either.

His tears I am sure are for himself and how much his image has been tarnished. He cares not one iota for his players as people nor does he take up the charge to be a true leader as one would hope and expect. His players would collectively put him through a wall rather than run through one for him.

Sounds like a lot of GC coaches. starts in PAL and goes from there. people in charge are the problem.

Come on. You sound like a mommy who never played sports and expects everyone to get a participation trophy. It seems you have your own agenda. How about put the kids in foster homes because their parents failed them. You see how ridiculous that sounds. You trying to blame the coach is just as ridiculous. He is a high school coach not their parents. It's always someone else's fault.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Come on. You sound like a mommy who never played sports and expects everyone to get a participation trophy. It seems you have your own agenda. How about put the kids in foster homes because their parents failed them. You see how ridiculous that sounds. You trying to blame the coach is just as ridiculous. He is a high school coach not their parents. It's always someone else's fault.

ridiculous sounding until its your kid who was supposed to be safely supervised. and if it was harder drugs and an OD occurred with your kid you would be OK with that I am sure (rolls eyes)

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Absolutely right. The inbred "from here GC" parents are as immature as their kids. First sign of maturity is to blame no one but yourself. Sure the parents of the kid who got caught smoking dope and was thrown off the football team in the fall for drinking are the biggest culprits. If it wasn't so sad seeing all the loser lax daddy's and their laxmommys trying to figure out what to do with their lives other than being the laxboss it would be funny.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Mr. Moderater , can you please make a new thread for the GC drama. This is getting old. There are a lot of great games being played now mid season not getting airtime beach use of this nonsense. Thank you.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
B_O_T_C Offline OP
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Mr. Moderater , can you please make a new thread for the GC drama. This is getting old. There are a lot of great games being played now mid season not getting airtime beach use of this nonsense. Thank you.

I am not a Mr and if you want to talk about something else, do it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Larry LarryMiller

Ok Mr [lacrosse] can you change thread????

B_O_T_C Offline OP
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Originally Posted by Larry LarryMiller

Ok Mr [lacrosse] can you change thread????

Do you really think you can spar with me???

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
To all the people bashing garden city and manhasset, remember, a little pot never killed nobody

That's what I'm saying! Not from GC, but a different powerhouse. Not condoning it but that the laxbro! On my son's team the top performers indulge. Lots of things wrong and right in this world. Everyone has an opinion. Do your job and shut your mouth!

There's another powerhouse?

That's funny.....who's still calling GC a powerhouse? That ship has sailed. Have you seen their record and the last 8 pages of this site? Embarrassing.....and entertaining all at the same time. Keep it coming, don't change the thread. No one is stopping others from writing about towns and teams that aren't jokes...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Cool......a Back of the Cage-Match!

LAX meets MMA

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You can keep the better lacrosse team . I'll still enjoy my $2m house ha hahahah

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

ridiculous sounding until its your kid who was supposed to be safely supervised. and if it was harder drugs and an OD occurred with your kid you would be OK with that I am sure (rolls eyes)

You [lacrosse]. I would be around and aware of what my kid is doing. If it's happening at a hotel on a one day away event it's happening under your nose as a parent. Always ready to blame someone else. You expect the coach to parent your kid also. This is hysterical.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You can keep the better lacrosse team . I'll still enjoy my $2m house ha hahahah

I am from PA and someone told me about this site a few years back. I go on here where I need a little humor in my day. You guys are funny! The sad thing is, I think you are actually serious! All I can say is wow, I am glad I don't live on Long Island, why are you guys so angry all the time?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
TAXES!

J
Joe Baccarella
Unregistered
Joe Baccarella
Unregistered
J
This thread is very disturbing. I do not know which kids were involved and don't care to know. To the people who are being negative to the coach, it is sad. Being a friend of his and a colleague, I have the utmost respect for him both as a coach and person. The student-athletes of Garden City should be proud to have him as a coach. His commitment to his team and players is amazing. He has a work ethic second to none. I would like to know what the coach and AD did wrong. Some people should be ashamed of themselves, not those 2. It is easy to write things without posting your name.
I am Proud to have coached with him and to call the Garden City coach a friend.

Joe Baccarella

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I am from PA and someone told me about this site a few years back. I go on here where I need a little humor in my day. You guys are funny! The sad thing is, I think you are actually serious! All I can say is wow, I am glad I don't live on Long Island, why are you guys so angry all the time?

We're Jets fans.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Traffic, taxes and FLIDS everywhere

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
GC crushed today by Ridgefield. What has happened to this once mighty program? Not just GC, Chaminade too! Those 2014/2015 senior classes are sorely missed.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
GC crushed today by Ridgefield. What has happened to this once mighty program? Not just GC, Chaminade too! Those 2014/2015 senior classes are sorely missed.

Every program has off years.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Just got too crowded.Too many immigrants. Trump's gonna straighten it out for us.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sorry but the 2014/2015 classes did nothing.
It was the 2012 and 2013 classes that won back to back state championships with number 1 and 3 national rankings respectively.
Since then the GC teams have been a sorry bunch with over inflated egos.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Enough with GC already, we are all bored

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Then talk about some other program like Carey or Levittown Division.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wow? lol. And you even grace us with your presence here...tool

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No, many kids in GC quit lacrosse early in their high school career because if you are not one of the chosen disciples whose dad is a big donor to the program or a legacy of a former player at GC, chances are u will never see the field unless a blowout. This is a town that does not lift kids up, but discourages them with a lot of head games.

So why practice 6 days a week, miss vacations, and be perpetually abused by one of the nastiest coaches on the Island just to be a "practice player". Even the studs can't wait to get away from this jerk when their high school careers are over. Big mistake having a coach that grew up in the town as the head coach.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Then talk about some other program like Carey or Levittown Division.

Interesting bringing up Carey with the toughest strength of schedule on Laxpower in NYS. 2)Garden City 3) Chaminade
4)St John the Baptist 5) Smithtown East

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Just got too crowded.Too many immigrants. Trump's gonna straighten it out for us.

That's funny!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Joe Baccarella
This thread is very disturbing. I do not know which kids were involved and don't care to know. To the people who are being negative to the coach, it is sad. Being a friend of his and a colleague, I have the utmost respect for him both as a coach and person. The student-athletes of Garden City should be proud to have him as a coach. His commitment to his team and players is amazing. He has a work ethic second to none. I would like to know what the coach and AD did wrong. Some people should be ashamed of themselves, not those 2. It is easy to write things without posting your name.
I am Proud to have coached with him and to call the Garden City coach a friend.

Joe Baccarella

Just another coach protecting another member of the fraternity.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

GC isn't the GC of old, and not the lax program. I grew up in Franklin Square just on the other side of the CC. The town was filled with Germans mostly but now its been over run by new immigrants from Pakistan, India, etc. Nassau county is going downhill.

J
Joe Baccarella
Unregistered
Joe Baccarella
Unregistered
J
No need to protect him. He is just a very good coach and person who did nothing wrong. I know what he does for his team and his players. I know how he prepares for each practice and game. Incomparable. End of story

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
please , enough already about GC. Yes a tough schedule, so don't play those teams if you cant win. If they play 5 great non conference teams , law of averages says they might win one or two. Look up who has owned Nassau B the last 2 or 3 years...Its been all Lynbrook and Set. Take a back seat GC!!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No, many kids in GC quit lacrosse early in their high school career because if you are not one of the chosen disciples whose dad is a big donor to the program or a legacy of a former player at GC, chances are u will never see the field unless a blowout. This is a town that does not lift kids up, but discourages them with a lot of head games.

So why practice 6 days a week, miss vacations, and be perpetually abused by one of the nastiest coaches on the Island just to be a "practice player". Even the studs can't wait to get away from this jerk when their high school careers are over. Big mistake having a coach that grew up in the town as the head coach.

Same situation in my town. Small program, but same thing. Program suffers to make a few dads happy. They stay in town they grew up in, hire their hs buddy as coach, and then call the shots. Too bad.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

GC isn't the GC of old, and not the lax program. I grew up in Franklin Square just on the other side of the CC. The town was filled with Germans mostly but now its been over run by new immigrants from Pakistan, India, etc. Nassau county is going downhill.

Don't worry, I heard Mangano is gonna build a Wall.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

IS Mexico going to pay for it?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

IS Mexico going to pay for it?

No - the hundreds of psycho lax dads who spend tens of thousands on youth lax to save some money on college. They can pony up

Page 30 of 77 1 2 28 29 30 31 32 76 77

Link Copied to Clipboard