BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,538
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 29 of 77 1 2 27 28 29 30 31 76 77
Re: High School Lax Boys
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There you go.. I guess you know about "Real Men" haha..

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
[quote=Anonymous]BECAUSE THEY WON'T LET YOU!!!!! Think about GC like Hogwarts - you have the Purebloods (born and raised in GC) now most of them are Slytherin but some are nice good people like Harry Potter so he ends up in Gryfindor (but the majority end up in Slytherin). If you are a Half Blood (maybe your spouse was born in GC) then you get invited some events but if it is your wife - you can't be a lax coach etc. your not allowed! Now once in a while, a Muggle comes along who turns out to be a great wizard like Hermoine. In this case maybe you're from Rockville Centre, Manhassat etc. you may have played college lacrosse, maybe even at a major DI program! In that case, you might be allowed to be an assistant coach but usually only in 2nd,3rd or 4th grade (or a girl's team) because the Pureblood(Slytherins) don't want any half-bloods or muggles messing with the way GC has been doing things since the glory days of Doc. Now if your son happens to be a superstar quidditch (or lacrosse) player he will play regardless for sure but, if he is on the cusp - Draco Malfoy gets the nod 9 times out of 10 and he is usually the one who ends up in the burning room (across from the AD)at the end the end of the story and his parents have to come and take him home...I hope this helps.[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]

Get off the pipe my friend...

He might be on the pipe but it is totally true! They went the usual route a sales and trading job on wall street that don't exist anymore. Their daddys got them jobs that their daddys got them. Now they are all unemployed and unemployable. They were all born on third base and now they're moving to Florida driving ice cream trucks.

I love Mister Softee!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
West Islip JV beat Smithtown east JV 10 to 8 but WI varsity got spanked...

Can somebody talk about another town because I'm about to puke.

West Islip beat Ward Melville. Back in the mix with Scotty Craig and the boys.

Smithtown East destroyed West Islip, wasnt even a game, score could have been worse actually. Looks like East and Massapequa on a collision course for Long Island Championship.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What goes on in GC goes on in almost every lacrosse town on Long Island, this is not special or unique in any way. If you think WI, Ward Melville, Northport, Smithtown, etc, are any better your crazy. Politics, favoritism, and nepotism has always been a part of youth sports and always will be. Get over it and tell your kid to work hard, get good grades and keep his nose clean. If youre not happy with his situation, send him somewhere else. There are great school options athletically and academically for people who want to get away from town politics.

Better yet, get your son committed as early as possible. Sit back and watch the show. Play, don't play, who cares. Keep your son's chops up by playing in summer. With the exception of a hand full of districts, HS ball is god awful. Total step down from summer ball, coaches, kids and parents that have no clue. Parents hoping and praying there kids get some kind of HS glory... on a 6-8 mid level HS team. Total waste of time. I think if someone could put together a spring alternative for the highly competitive player, you probably could put together a few really good teams on LI. make it an alternative to the HS season. Go and play private prep schools. Would be such a great alternative to this garbage. Most of kids would be commits, so playing time could be spread out. No issues, no pay to play BS, no politics, just competitive lacrosse for competitive players. Please spare the HS glory crap. Like I said, with the exception of a hand full of teams. I know there are some good programs, ours, and many, many other aren't one of them.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]BECAUSE THEY WON'T LET YOU!!!!! Think about GC like Hogwarts - you have the Purebloods (born and raised in GC) now most of them are Slytherin but some are nice good people like Harry Potter so he ends up in Gryfindor (but the majority end up in Slytherin). If you are a Half Blood (maybe your spouse was born in GC) then you get invited some events but if it is your wife - you can't be a lax coach etc. your not allowed! Now once in a while, a Muggle comes along who turns out to be a great wizard like Hermoine. In this case maybe you're from Rockville Centre, Manhassat etc. you may have played college lacrosse, maybe even at a major DI program! In that case, you might be allowed to be an assistant coach but usually only in 2nd,3rd or 4th grade (or a girl's team) because the Pureblood(Slytherins) don't want any half-bloods or muggles messing with the way GC has been doing things since the glory days of Doc. Now if your son happens to be a superstar quidditch (or lacrosse) player he will play regardless for sure but, if he is on the cusp - Draco Malfoy gets the nod 9 times out of 10 and he is usually the one who ends up in the burning room (across from the AD)at the end the end of the story and his parents have to come and take him home...I hope this helps.[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]

He might be on the pipe but it is totally true! They went the usual route a sales and trading job on wall street that don't exist anymore. Their daddys got them jobs that their daddys got them. Now they are all unemployed and unemployable. They were all born on third base and now they're moving to Florida driving ice cream trucks.

Hilarious and totally true. I played lax against many of these GC toolbags in high school and later in college circa '86 through '91. A few had real athletic talent but most did not. Arrogant and entitled with their little GC Men's and Westhampton CC shirts. And yes, most got jobs on the Street because their daddy hooked them up. Now these clowns are ruining youth lax while looking for the next chapter in their "career". And by the Manhasset, you're in the same exact bucket. Interchangeable.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who knows, maybe you have openings at the auto parts store in Mastic Beach where you schlep boxes?...help some of those toolbags out?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hilarious and totally true. I played lax against many of these GC toolbags in high school and later in college circa '86 through '91. A few had real athletic talent but most did not. Arrogant and entitled with their little GC Men's and Westhampton CC shirts. And yes, most got jobs on the Street because their daddy hooked them up. Now these clowns are ruining youth lax while looking for the next chapter in their "career". And by the Manhasset, you're in the same exact bucket. Interchangeable.

What you meant to say is that you lost to the GC toolbags in high school and in college and it still eats at you 30 years later. I guess counseling isn't working as well as you thought it would or maybe you need to up your meds. Move on and get your shinebox...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Perfectly said, so true, jealous little men who are working their meaningless jobs FOR a former GC lax player

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You call a bunch of 18 year old's names? You want to talk about real men? You sir, are no man. You are a petty small person who needs to bash a bunch of kids for a mistake. Go away troll, get a life. Leave Garden City to Garden City. Where do you live? I dare anyone posting here to let us all know about your town. You won't because then all your little secrets will come out.

Manhasset,
You beeatch

How old are you? Manhasset JV player, riding the pine I suppose

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What you meant to say is that you lost to the GC toolbags in high school and in college and it still eats at you 30 years later. I guess counseling isn't working as well as you thought it would or maybe you need to up your meds. Move on and get your shinebox...

Yes, you got me. I'm gripped with jealousy and anger after all these years. Seems you have it all figured out GC daddy. My father was FDNY, grew up in Long Beach and yes, lost to GC in high school. Several times. Lost a few at the Naval Academy as well. It's all good. BTW, you can stop quoting Goodfellas now you phony tough guy.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You call a bunch of 18 year old's names? You want to talk about real men? You sir, are no man. You are a petty small person who needs to bash a bunch of kids for a mistake. Go away troll, get a life. Leave Garden City to Garden City. Where do you live? I dare anyone posting here to let us all know about your town. You won't because then all your little secrets will come out.

18 year old MEN by the way, stop pampering them...old enough to enlist in the Army and responsible for their futures. It's refreshing to see this happen every so often so other kids can view this cautionary tale. Glad it wasn't swept under the rug like so much else that happens in GC that the Real Estate brokers and Village Trustees don't want you to know.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Better yet, get your son committed as early as possible. Sit back and watch the show. Play, don't play, who cares. Keep your son's chops up by playing in summer. With the exception of a hand full of districts, HS ball is god awful. Total step down from summer ball, coaches, kids and parents that have no clue. Parents hoping and praying there kids get some kind of HS glory... on a 6-8 mid level HS team. Total waste of time. I think if someone could put together a spring alternative for the highly competitive player, you probably could put together a few really good teams on LI. make it an alternative to the HS season. Go and play private prep schools. Would be such a great alternative to this garbage. Most of kids would be commits, so playing time could be spread out. No issues, no pay to play BS, no politics, just competitive lacrosse for competitive players. Please spare the HS glory crap. Like I said, with the exception of a hand full of teams. I know there are some good programs, ours, and many, many other aren't one of them.

Holy Hit the nail on the head, Batman!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm still not getting all this GC stuff, what's the big deal? The town is best known for Roosevelt Field mall and is a stones throw from troubled neighborhoods. All this AND postage stamp size lots. No thanks.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
East Queens... sold to you...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yep, no place to keep your boat in the driveway or Z28 on blocks in front of house...hey, but at least you are near a Hooters, right?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Perfectly said, so true, jealous little men who are working their meaningless jobs FOR a former GC lax player

You are so right...working as a greeter at Chili's has paid off so well for you, right? Still wear your West Islip lax jacket to work?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yeah thats pretty on the mark. Waiting for all the FLIDS to chime in about lifelong memories, blah blah blah

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Again, I ask where do all of you live so we can discuss your town. As I predicted no one will own up. Cowards

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Locust Valley. Driveways in our town are way to long, costs a ton to plow and I can't smell my neighbors bbq. Stinks. Oh, and too close to the water sometimes the smell of salt is in the air and I hate to breathe that. Football great season, School district has improved dramatically and lax program is developing nicely. Any further questions, please refer to my personal assistant.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Locust Valley. Driveways in our town are way to long, costs a ton to plow and I can't smell my neighbors bbq. Stinks. Oh, and too close to the water sometimes the smell of salt is in the air and I hate to breathe that. Football great season, School district has improved dramatically and lax program is developing nicely. Any further questions, please refer to my personal assistant.

You the pool boy?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Huntington. What's your point?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What if nether come from GC and your wife works and you are a stay at home dad that has way to much time on your hands. This will not help your sons get more playing time.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yeah thats pretty on the mark. Waiting for all the FLIDS to chime in about lifelong memories, blah blah blah

FLIDS are fun to watch...all committed and so much talent on display and all in top tier schools (uniforms are horrible tho)

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What goes on in GC goes on in almost every lacrosse town on Long Island, this is not special or unique in any way. If you think WI, Ward Melville, Northport, Smithtown, etc, are any better your crazy. Politics, favoritism, and nepotism has always been a part of youth sports and always will be. Get over it and tell your kid to work hard, get good grades and keep his nose clean. If youre not happy with his situation, send him somewhere else. There are great school options athletically and academically for people who want to get away from town politics.

I like this idea. Like CYO basketball.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That's just horrible. How can you tolerate all of that? (teach the assistant to work the snow blower and plow)

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Again, I ask where do all of you live so we can discuss your town. As I predicted no one will own up. Cowards

Smithtown school district, St. James to be exact, which is HS East. Big house, plenty of property, NO CROWDS, great school district (both academics and athletics, good music program too). Pleasant people and a small town feel, lots of open space, vineyards, farms and trees. A bit of heaven here on LI to be honest. Actually, nevermind.....ummmm, it stinks out here. Stay in Queens, sorry, I meant West Nassau.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You are so right...working as a greeter at Chili's has paid off so well for you, right? Still wear your West Islip lax jacket to work?

Just awesome. So impressive how you discredit and insult the entire town of West Islip! Love how you moronic GC people serve up material to the haters on a silver platter. Keep perpetuating the stereotype GC lax daddy - gives the rest of us great entertainment value!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yo, nothing wrong with quoting movies.."now go get your shinebox..or I will force you to wear a Men's Club or Westhampton CC 3 button!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Manhasset,
You beeatch

Both towns with kids that have way too much money probably have more pot smokers on their lax teams than anybody. They should change the name of the woodstick to the woodspliff.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Montauk.....what have u got to say about that town??

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yo, nothing wrong with quoting movies.."now go get your shinebox..or I will force you to wear a Men's Club or Westhampton CC 3 button!!

Now that was actually funny. Well played.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Don't forget the Nantucket reds and Gucci loafers. Standard uniform in GC.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

As opposed to that fashion forward statement of oil stained cargo shorts and a Crocs?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Can you imagine the peakcock show tomorrow between Darien, Manhasset, GC and Ridgefield? If you don't arrive in a Bently, there will be a shuttle bus for you from the offsite parking lot. More personal wealth in the stands than GDP of some decent size countries.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Can you imagine the peakcock show tomorrow between Darien, Manhasset, GC and Ridgefield? If you don't arrive in a Bently, there will be a shuttle bus for you from the offsite parking lot. More personal wealth in the stands than GDP of some decent size countries.

Let's not get carried away here. Anyway that wealth is shrinking quick due to the demise of the monkey equity sales / traders and bond jockeys. Bye bye LaRonde...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They all still be stylin' in that awful Benetton crap ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
To all the people bashing garden city and manhasset, remember, a little pot never killed nobody

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
To all the people bashing garden city and manhasset, remember, a little pot never killed nobody

That's what I'm saying! Not from GC, but a different powerhouse. Not condoning it but that the laxbro! On my son's team the top performers indulge. Lots of things wrong and right in this world. Everyone has an opinion. Do your job and shut your mouth!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You're absolutely right, but it will get you kicked off any D1 program that does randoms.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It's the gateway drug to others that are relentless killers.

Page 29 of 77 1 2 27 28 29 30 31 76 77

Link Copied to Clipboard