BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,545
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 28 of 77 1 2 26 27 28 29 30 76 77
Re: High School Lax Boys
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Do they still penalize kids that they assume are going to Chaminade? I've heard horror stories about 6th, 7thand 8th graders who get nothing but bench time because they're not going to play at GC public schools.

Haven't gotten there yet, but I have heard the GC34 program prohibits kids from trying out for the summer team in their 8th grade year if they even plan on taking the CAtholic entrance exam

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How does he know if the kids are going to Chammy.Do you live in the homes with the families that are making a decision. Probably not so how the [lacrosse] does the coach know if a kid is going to Chammy. You are the stupidest person that has ever been on this website...Hands down you are a MORON. yes you have "heard horror stories". So far from the truth. Please go crawl back under your rock with your red cup

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes,you are probably right..lets just go back to the backstabbing and badmouthing kids,coaches, parents, AD's and whole communities.. smart guys like you "get it" I got it..thank you

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Definitely not the kids fault and definitely not the parents fault. That leaves the coach and school.
That's a joke right?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Amen!
Garden City is a mess. Just look at the parents behavior and braggadocio attitudes and its easy to see where this type of behavior comes from. Leave the coach alone. Take aim at the residents. Did I mention our PAL program is a mess with infighting as well? The protectionism is rampant for all the little Johnnies and their doomed fate if god forbid they don't make the A team. Friends turning their backs on each other and all the squabbling and political maneuvering... makes me sick. Most of the oafs involved were not much to speak of in their day to boot...joke.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nobody should be talking about the GC lacrosse team without knowing any facts or anything about the the players or the families because u bet that each family raised great sons who just made a terrible mistake. I bet the kids are being punished harshly at home and in school and they must be feeling very embarrassed. Everything all of you have written is bs because u don't know what's going on with these kids this situation and their families

If you need to know the facts before posting on this site there would be nothing to read!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The head coach at GC runs the GC PAL and travel program, the kids pay more to play on the towns travel teams than most travel teams. There are at least two travel teams in each age group up to 7th grade. In 7th grade and higher there is one team. The A teams as they are called are typically coached by paid guys who the head coach picks. It is a huge cash cow. Not saying it is not run right but huge money for these guys. Where they are way wrong is not allowing kids to play on travel teams as well and do the best they to play both, without getting kicked off the GC team. Some of the better kids can play on a top travel team, play against some of the best talent in their respective grade and get very good lacrosse experience. The travel teams typically carry 23 kids at over $1800 so those kids better get somewhat equal playing time or else! Lets face it there are no towns that 23 let alone 5-6 top kids so if you are one of the kids with more talent you cannot play a travel with other top talented kids and you must play on the town team and share the same play time with some kids that might never play on the varsity team. Just don't seem right but many are unsure to leave the town team because they may have to play the guy who runs the progam in high school.

Not sure where you got your information about the program but most of it is inaccurate. Try again.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Do they still penalize kids that they assume are going to Chaminade? I've heard horror stories about 6th, 7thand 8th graders who get nothing but bench time because they're not going to play at GC public schools.

Haven't gotten there yet, but I have heard the GC34 program prohibits kids from trying out for the summer team in their 8th grade year if they even plan on taking the CAtholic entrance exam

So far from the truth. Try again.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who cares about snobby GC? Nobody else does!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
BECAUSE THEY WON'T LET YOU!!!!! Think about GC like Hogwarts - you have the Purebloods (born and raised in GC) now most of them are Slytherin but some are nice good people like Harry Potter so he ends up in Gryfindor (but the majority end up in Slytherin). If you are a Half Blood (maybe your spouse was born in GC) then you get invited some events but if it is your wife - you can't be a lax coach etc. your not allowed! Now once in a while, a Muggle comes along who turns out to be a great wizard like Hermoine. In this case maybe you're from Rockville Centre, Manhassat etc. you may have played college lacrosse, maybe even at a major DI program! In that case, you might be allowed to be an assistant coach but usually only in 2nd,3rd or 4th grade (or a girl's team) because the Pureblood(Slytherins) don't want any half-bloods or muggles messing with the way GC has been doing things since the glory days of Doc. Now if your son happens to be a superstar quidditch (or lacrosse) player he will play regardless for sure but, if he is on the cusp - Draco Malfoy gets the nod 9 times out of 10 and he is usually the one who ends up in the burning room (across from the AD)at the end the end of the story and his parents have to come and take him home...I hope this helps.
Garden City is a mess. Just look at the parents behavior and braggadocio attitudes and its easy to see where this type of behavior comes from. Leave the coach alone. Take aim at the residents. Did I mention our PAL program is a mess with infighting as well? The protectionism is rampant for all the little Johnnies and their doomed fate if god forbid they don't make the A team. Friends turning their backs on each other and all the squabbling and political maneuvering... makes me sick. Most of the oafs involved were not much to speak of in their day to boot...joke.

Why don't you get up from behind the keyboard that you are hiding behind, grab a whistle and volunteer your time like these so called oafs are doing. We are always looking for more volunteers to assist with our program. Boy, it must be a nice view from the cheap seat, huh.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

False - Any GC resident can play for GC34. Most boys that are planning to go to Chaminade choose to play for Express since it is Chammy's and STA's feeder program. Much like GC34 is for the GC varsity team. It's all about choices...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]BECAUSE THEY WON'T LET YOU!!!!! Think about GC like Hogwarts - you have the Purebloods (born and raised in GC) now most of them are Slytherin but some are nice good people like Harry Potter so he ends up in Gryfindor (but the majority end up in Slytherin). If you are a Half Blood (maybe your spouse was born in GC) then you get invited some events but if it is your wife - you can't be a lax coach etc. your not allowed! Now once in a while, a Muggle comes along who turns out to be a great wizard like Hermoine. In this case maybe you're from Rockville Centre, Manhassat etc. you may have played college lacrosse, maybe even at a major DI program! In that case, you might be allowed to be an assistant coach but usually only in 2nd,3rd or 4th grade (or a girl's team) because the Pureblood(Slytherins) don't want any half-bloods or muggles messing with the way GC has been doing things since the glory days of Doc. Now if your son happens to be a superstar quidditch (or lacrosse) player he will play regardless for sure but, if he is on the cusp - Draco Malfoy gets the nod 9 times out of 10 and he is usually the one who ends up in the burning room (across from the AD)at the end the end of the story and his parents have to come and take him home...I hope this helps.[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]

Get off the pipe my friend...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes, they do. It's a "Scarlet letter"

Never show your sons cards or ever insinuate that Cham/ Kel/ St. A/ Friends is even a remote possibility. If your son is not part of the HS plan he is"out" in summer club scene.

In the past though, the kids from both GC and Cham played on some amazing club teams together.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How does he know if the kids are going to Chammy.Do you live in the homes with the families that are making a decision. Probably not so how the [lacrosse] does the coach know if a kid is going to Chammy. You are the stupidest person that has ever been on this website...Hands down you are a MORON. yes you have "heard horror stories". So far from the truth. Please go crawl back under your rock with your red cup

Well,......lets see. Maybe the kid has actually said he wants to go to Chaminade. Maybe his three older brothers went to Chaminade. Maybe the kids parents have told their friends in town that they are going to send their son to Chaminade.
Lord knows none of that would ever be discussed by the GC lacrosse mafia, and we all know you have one.....every town has the guys that control the programs.

I don't even live in the town and I've known who was going to Chaminade.

And you should really consider some form of anger management.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]BECAUSE THEY WON'T LET YOU!!!!! Think about GC like Hogwarts - you have the Purebloods (born and raised in GC) now most of them are Slytherin but some are nice good people like Harry Potter so he ends up in Gryfindor (but the majority end up in Slytherin). If you are a Half Blood (maybe your spouse was born in GC) then you get invited some events but if it is your wife - you can't be a lax coach etc. your not allowed! Now once in a while, a Muggle comes along who turns out to be a great wizard like Hermoine. In this case maybe you're from Rockville Centre, Manhassat etc. you may have played college lacrosse, maybe even at a major DI program! In that case, you might be allowed to be an assistant coach but usually only in 2nd,3rd or 4th grade (or a girl's team) because the Pureblood(Slytherins) don't want any half-bloods or muggles messing with the way GC has been doing things since the glory days of Doc. Now if your son happens to be a superstar quidditch (or lacrosse) player he will play regardless for sure but, if he is on the cusp - Draco Malfoy gets the nod 9 times out of 10 and he is usually the one who ends up in the burning room (across from the AD)at the end the end of the story and his parents have to come and take him home...I hope this helps.[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]

The comparisons for GC to Harry Potter, is a little weird for my taste, but it is spot on.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Well,......lets see. Maybe the kid has actually said he wants to go to Chaminade. Maybe his three older brothers went to Chaminade. Maybe the kids parents have told their friends in town that they are going to send their son to Chaminade.
Lord knows none of that would ever be discussed by the GC lacrosse mafia, and we all know you have one.....every town has the guys that control the programs.

got a phone call from the HC just because there was a rumor my 8th grade son might go elsewhere...he just wanted to make sure it wasn't true...so...there may be some validity to this.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That is the most ACCURATE analogy I have ever heard.
Hysterical and TRUE!
Especially the wife comment and PureBred part.

OMG Love It

you either "Live in GC" or "Are From GC" - BIG DIFFERENCE

BECAUSE THEY WON'T LET YOU!!!!! Think about GC like Hogwarts - you have the Purebloods (born and raised in GC) now most of them are Slytherin but some are nice good people like Harry Potter so he ends up in Gryfindor (but the majority end up in Slytherin). If you are a Half Blood (maybe your spouse was born in GC) then you get invited some events but if it is your wife - you can't be a lax coach etc. your not allowed! Now once in a while, a Muggle comes along who turns out to be a great wizard like Hermoine. In this case maybe you're from Rockville Centre, Manhassat etc. you may have played college lacrosse, maybe even at a major DI program! In that case, you might be allowed to be an assistant coach but usually only in 2nd,3rd or 4th grade (or a girl's team) because the Pureblood(Slytherins) don't want any half-bloods or muggles messing with the way GC has been doing things since the glory days of Doc. Now if your son happens to be a superstar quidditch (or lacrosse) player he will play regardless for sure but, if he is on the cusp - Draco Malfoy gets the nod 9 times out of 10 and he is usually the one who ends up in the burning room (across from the AD)at the end the end of the story and his parents have to come and take him home...I hope this helps.

Why don't you get up from behind the keyboard that you are hiding behind, grab a whistle and volunteer your time like these so called oafs are doing. We are always looking for more volunteers to assist with our program. Boy, it must be a nice view from the cheap seat, huh.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Who cares? Let's get back to HS lacrosse. Enough of the GC drama. Every town has it, this week it was GC's turn to have their disgruntled residents to air out their dirty laundry on this anonymous blog. Enough already.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Please give one thing in the statement that is not true about the GC youth program.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is going on in almost every town at some level. Why do you think there is a whole cottage industry( club lacrosse) because dads got sick of the bs. Try having your son play attack in My town almost impossible unless you are on coaching staff.

And all high school coaches have way to much power.
They have union protecting them, and treat kids like crap.
No fear of repercussion- play favoritism, control what they say to collage coaches. Can make or break your son in so many ways.
The whole system sucks.
Now I do believe that they want to win so for the most part they play the best- but on every team there will be a certain number of players that are fairly equal- if your not connected you ride the bench the whole season like you can not play the game.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can somebody talk about another town because I'm about to puke.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Although GC has hit the headlines, I'm quite sure that if other schools took the chance to travel like GC did, at least 50% of the programs would be busted for the same thing. This is not just a GC problem and if you don't believe it, you need to pick your head out of the sand. It's everywhere. Their arch rival town a few miles north is nearly a mirror image of GC from a demographic standpoint and in every other aspect including this issue. Just ask the boys, they know.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No fear of repercussion- play favoritism, control what they say to collage coaches. Can make or break your son in so many ways.
The whole system sucks.

This is why I was happy that my son was fortunate enough to be committed prior to even playing varsity lax. He performed very well in showcases and elite club tournaments and was spared the politics as illustrated above

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sure, have you ever been to Glen's Falls? Lovely little town, undergoing a little bit of a renaseince. The old hotel in the center of town just got bought be a local and is getting spruced up. Great place to visit in summertime, near to both the track at Saratoga and to Lake George.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Rumor is the 'committed' player is now a Free Agent

The whole system sucks.

This is why I was happy that my son was fortunate enough to be committed prior to even playing varsity lax. He performed very well in showcases and elite club tournaments and was spared the politics as illustrated above

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Rumor is the 'committed' player is now a Free Agent

The whole system sucks.

not this player ;-)

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is going on in almost every town at some level. Why do you think there is a whole cottage industry( club lacrosse) because dads got sick of the bs. Try having your son play attack in My town almost impossible unless you are on coaching staff.

The whole system sucks.
Now I do believe that they want to win so for the most part they play the best- but on every team there will be a certain number of players that are fairly equal- if your not connected you ride the bench the whole season like you can not play the game.

This is so true! The personal connections our hometown coach has with hometown parents is ridiculous. Parents and players attending his family functions. How is this a level playing field?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
two players on 2019 GC34 team don't go to GCHS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The whole system sucks.

This is so true! The personal connections our hometown coach has with hometown parents is ridiculous. Parents and players attending his family functions. How is this a level playing field?

Manhasset in da house! Hi mom

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

got a phone call from the HC just because there was a rumor my 8th grade son might go elsewhere...he just wanted to make sure it wasn't true...so...there may be some validity to this.

Lol. You're so full of yourself it's unbelievable. Just be happy your held back son is a decent player. It'll all catch up and even out. Such a wannabe

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Teddy Roosevelt wrote an essay called "The Man in the Arens" and one of the great lines in it is "The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena; whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions, and spends himself in a worthy cause; who, at best, knows the triumph of high achievement; and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat."...Critics...interesting group..usually think they could do a better job..having never even attempted what they think they could be better at...

Hey GC Duke dad. This quote is on the wall at Duke. You left out the first line by the way. But I find it funny how you are quoting this and using a comparison because people are talking about a team of kids who smoke pot? That essay was intended about REAL men in a REAL struggle. Not a bunch of over privileged PH's. Makes you look foolish comparing them.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That is the most ACCURATE analogy I have ever heard.
Hysterical and TRUE!
Especially the wife comment and PureBred part.

OMG Love It

you either "Live in GC" or "Are From GC" - BIG DIFFERENCE

AGREED, That's them! I've seen it too. Very accurate. Either way, you are either in or you are out and some that think they are in, really are not and never will be. Very phony, lots of plastic.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Isn't the girls youth program is disarray? Something with the director was swept under the rug.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What goes on in GC goes on in almost every lacrosse town on Long Island, this is not special or unique in any way. If you think WI, Ward Melville, Northport, Smithtown, etc, are any better your crazy. Politics, favoritism, and nepotism has always been a part of youth sports and always will be. Get over it and tell your kid to work hard, get good grades and keep his nose clean. If youre not happy with his situation, send him somewhere else. There are great school options athletically and academically for people who want to get away from town politics.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

West Islip beat Ward Melville. Back in the mix with Scotty Craig and the boys.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You call a bunch of 18 year old's names? You want to talk about real men? You sir, are no man. You are a petty small person who needs to bash a bunch of kids for a mistake. Go away troll, get a life. Leave Garden City to Garden City. Where do you live? I dare anyone posting here to let us all know about your town. You won't because then all your little secrets will come out.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

West Islip beat Ward Melville. Back in the mix with Scotty Craig and the boys.

Smithtown East destroyed West Islip, wasnt even a game, score could have been worse actually. Looks like East and Massapequa on a collision course for Long Island Championship.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

He might be on the pipe but it is totally true! They went the usual route a sales and trading job on wall street that don't exist anymore. Their daddys got them jobs that their daddys got them. Now they are all unemployed and unemployable. They were all born on third base and now they're moving to Florida driving ice cream trucks.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You call a bunch of 18 year old's names? You want to talk about real men? You sir, are no man. You are a petty small person who needs to bash a bunch of kids for a mistake. Go away troll, get a life. Leave Garden City to Garden City. Where do you live? I dare anyone posting here to let us all know about your town. You won't because then all your little secrets will come out.

Manhasset,
You beeatch

Page 28 of 77 1 2 26 27 28 29 30 76 77

Link Copied to Clipboard