BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Re: U15 Championship Disney
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Its easy to blame the coach. How did your son play? I am part of the Jesters organization for the past 3 years the coaching has been outstanding.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You should call the director and the coach instead of hiding behind a blog. My son has had a great exprience with the Jesters I can speak from exprience

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Rich man up scored about 75%

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow thats some strong words if I felt so strongly I would call them direct.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Really? Really? Repeating 8th grade a common practice? If I were you, I wouldn't be bragging about this practice.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by CageSage
Let's not forget. It's not a true national championship unless the WC Starz and the Crabs are involved.
There has always been this debate that somehow a title is diminished if a specific top-level team does not show.

Here is the truth : you play who shows and the title is still the same. Any team that does not show loses the chance to comment. It is a National Championship - every major club knows the dates a year in advance. Show up, don't show up - the choice is yours ... but it is still called the U/15 National Championship.

It's called the U-15 Championship. That's why the crabs aren't there. They would have to send kids from their 2017 and 2016 teams. They know how that would turn out, so they don't go. Yeah I know, just few kids where held back, and just a few kids repeated 8th grade. Please.

I have nothing to do with the Crabs, but that obsession Long Island parents have with kids who repeat is ridiculous. Yes, the Crabs have a lot of MIAA kids, and some of those kids repeat a grade. It's not a lot of kids, nor is it something unique to Baltimore. The Crabs could easily field a team with just U15 age-eligible kids, so get over yourself.

If you can going to condemn the Crabs (or any team) who has kid who has repeated 8th, how about a tournament where you have to have a 2015 team to be competitive in a U15 tournament? U15 teams are supposed to be filled almost exclusively with Rising Freshman. Sending a team filled with Rising Sophomores to a U15 team is an absolute joke.

Is the tournamment call "U15" or is it called "Rising Freshman"? Clarify the rules. If it's "U15", have an age cut off date. If it's "Rising Freshman" then you can have any age as long as they are going into 9th grade. Right now it'called "U15" and most "U15's" are rising sophmores.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you can going to condemn the Crabs (or any team) who has kid who has repeated 8th, how about a tournament where you have to have a 2015 team to be competitive in a U15 tournament? U15 teams are supposed to be filled almost exclusively with Rising Freshman. Sending a team filled with Rising Sophomores to a U15 team is an absolute joke.

do you not see the irony in your own statement. Of course the kids from Baltimore are rising frosh because they are held back, but the same age. And how many of the Crabs play for FCA?

You are part of the problem. The fact that you assert that "the kids from Baltimore are ... held back" shows your ignorance. Kids are held back everywhere, not just in Baltimore. Furtthermore, we're talking about a handful of kids - it is not a prevalent practice in Baltimore. Get over yourself.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Really? Really? Repeating 8th grade a common practice? If I were you, I wouldn't be bragging about this practice.

Nobody said it is a common practice. In fact, it is not. We're talking about a handful of kids. The fact that Long Island dads keep repeating this mantra whenever their teams lose shows a lot about them.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There is a cutoff date. It is 8/31/96.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They do have an age cut off and u15 is much better then rising 9th grade, why reward the people who have held their kids back for an unfair advantage. Age based tournaments are the best way to go with states having different age cutlets for school.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Most U15's are rising sophmores??. Crabs u15 this past season will be the incoming 2016 team (those who make it). Great program, great coaching. Have been very fortunate the past two seasons to have had my son on the team (March 98 dob FYI).

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They do have an age cut off and u15 is much better then rising 9th grade, why reward the people who have held their kids back for an unfair advantage. Age based tournaments are the best way to go with states having different age cutlets for school.

Because Rising Sophomores should be attending recruiting events where college coaches want to see them matched up with kids in the same GRADE. That's why HS teams are GRADE based, not age based.

LOL. Enjoy having your Rising Sophomore team beat up on teams in Middle School.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Most U15's are rising sophmores??. Crabs u15 this past season will be the incoming 2016 team (those who make it). Great program, great coaching. Have been very fortunate the past two seasons to have had my son on the team (March 98 dob FYI).

Stop crying about it. It's age based. If your players make the cut off, send a team. If not be quiet. Sure Crabs and West Coast Starz beat express, because the kids are older. That's why you won't go to the tourney.
Look, this happens all the time. One of my kids is on a 2018 team. Played at Tri-state. West Coast starz and Looneys both sent a U-13 team to play in the 2018 AA bracket. Do you think we don't know what these teams do???

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son plays for the Jesters and I can tell you that both Rich and Jim did an outstanding job with him. If either you of them did something that i didn't agree with i would pull them aside and speak with them. I wouldn't hid behind a blog. These guys have taken time to work with my son on THEIR time. One last thing... if the Jesters score in overtime do you write on this blog? I doubt it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Stop crying about it. It's age based. If your players make the cut off, send a team. If not be quiet. Sure Crabs and West Coast Starz beat express, because the kids are older. That's why you won't go to the tourney.
Look, this happens all the time. One of my kids is on a 2018 team. Played at Tri-state. West Coast starz and Looneys both sent a U-13 team to play in the 2018 AA bracket. Do you think we don't know what these teams do???

The LI kids are soft ad can't compete head to head. They need an advantage. That's why half of the parents forge their kids birth certificates.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As a parent of a kid who is looking for a new program, we are seriously considering the Jesters as an option, I have met Rich Nessim a few times and always found him to be a straight up good guy. I don't know what happened down in Disney but it sounds like some parents are frustrated with the coaching, Can anyone intelligently answer the question about the Jesters as an organization? I would really like some solid feedback.......

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You are clearly missing the point here. Most of the people who are upset are not taking issue with losing, but due to the fact that there were new coaches who didn't have one practice prior to the biggest tournament of the year and added new players under the premise that they were needed because of the oppressive Florida heat. That would have been acceptable had the coaches not shortened the bench, usually at the expense of the original team members and over played the same kids time and time again. To me this sounds like a legit gripe especially when you factor in the obscene amount of money this tournament cost. There is no doubt the boys had a good time and will cherish the memories forever but it would have been that much better had the right thing been done by the coaches on the field. And by the way the poster who stated that man up was 75% for the tournament, not sure what games you were watching unless you were talking about the other teams conversion rate. We scored 2 man up goals the entire tournament. The special teams play was terrible and was directly attributable to the lack of practice which contributed to the sub-par showing. Rich is a GREAT guy but anyone who says he didn't drop the ball on this one is lying to themselves and everyone else that is following this thread.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So a general statement/question. My son who is a September birthday, but it young for his grade will qualify as U15 as a rising sophomore. Why would I not have him play? May be the first time he would have an advantage because of all the discrepancies between grades and tournaments etc.

This year as a 12 year old he's play against U15 because he's on a 7th/8th grade team. The u15 rules at tristate basically allowed for existing 15 years olds to play and rising sophomores.

So now when my son is actually of the correct age, he shouldn't play because he will be a sophomore? Doesnt make sense to me.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The LI kids are soft ad can't compete head to head. They need an advantage. That's why half of the parents forge their kids birth certificates.
WOW thats sick

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son plays for the U15 team that seems to be generating a lot of bad press here. He saw steady minutes and really enjoyed his teammates so there is no sour grapes here or any reason to be anything but truthful. Objectively speaking here is the good,the bad & the ugly. First the good. Hard to argue with a trip to the U15 Nationals in sunny FL. Great experience. The team was legitimately and objectively picked based on tryout performance and not pre-determined like many other big name clubs. It didn't matter who you knew or thought you knew which is the way it is supposed to be. Rich is a gentleman whose intentions are good but he did NOT nor does he coach the U15 team and only did so for the Nationals. The cost of the program is "cheap"($1150) relatively speaking when compared to some of the other "big name" clubs while still being able to deliver just enough lax swag (bag, shooter etc..) to keep them competitive. Jesters are one of the bigger clubs on LI but still manages to employ a family type atmosphere, plus the kids really love the uniforms. The bad. Communication was poor to say the least. Practices when held were routinely canceled the day of. There were instances when practice was canceled within an hour of its intended start time which resulted in parents rushing to the field only to find out the hard way it was canceled late. Minimal practices with little teaching and rudimentary drills, not what you would expect for a U15 AA Nationals contender.
The ugly. Roster size of 25 sometimes 26 was way too many kids. As a result playing time was erratic for many which created some unnecessary drama. If you are going to take 25/26 you had better make sure everyone sees the field because in theory you are saying they were your best 25/26 at tryouts. Coaches were disinterested and approached it as a job and not a teaching experience. There was ZERO effort to connect with the kids let alone the parents. Coaches were not involved with the team in any capacity until a week before the first tournament. Outside of Maryland and FL tournaments(which were additional cost add-ons) tournaments were mostly 2nd tier(JDRF, Summer Slam & UMass-Neylat). The only real high level tournament that was included in original cost was Hofstra and even that had issues as the team played in JV division rather than varsity. Had the team attended the Mid Summer Classic Recruiting Showcase at Umass as originally communicated and posted rather than Umass-Neylat this would not have been an issue. Unfortunately this gave the appearance of the old "bait and switch" which I truly do NOT believe was the case to intentionally deceive but happened none the less. One of the previous posts was spot on regarding the Nationals where the roster was expanded even further to the ridiculous number of 27 players. Many players watched for long stretches from sideline while their teammates melted in the Fl sun. How could you possibly justify not having one practice prior to the Nationals especially given the influx of newly added players(5) and 2 new coaches? It was a recipe for disaster which wound up costing them in the end in FL.
While the Jesters are not perfect they could be considered the lesser of 2 evils when compared to some of the other big name programs because of cost and a director with good intentions. In the end you will find out they all have warts just to varying degrees. Hope this helps!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son plays for the U15 team that seems to be generating a lot of bad press here. He saw steady minutes and really enjoyed his teammates so there is no sour grapes here or any reason to be anything but truthful. Objectively speaking here is the good,the bad & the ugly. First the good. Hard to argue with a trip to the U15 Nationals in sunny FL. Great experience. The team was legitimately and objectively picked based on tryout performance and not pre-determined like many other big name clubs. It didn't matter who you knew or thought you knew which is the way it is supposed to be. Rich is a gentleman whose intentions are good but he did NOT nor does he coach the U15 team and only did so for the Nationals. The cost of the program is "cheap"($1150) relatively speaking when compared to some of the other "big name" clubs while still being able to deliver just enough lax swag (bag, shooter etc..) to keep them competitive. Jesters are one of the bigger clubs on LI but still manages to employ a family type atmosphere, plus the kids really love the uniforms. The bad. Communication was poor to say the least. Practices when held were routinely canceled the day of. There were instances when practice was canceled within an hour of its intended start time which resulted in parents rushing to the field only to find out the hard way it was canceled late. Minimal practices with little teaching and rudimentary drills, not what you would expect for a U15 AA Nationals contender.
The ugly. Roster size of 25 sometimes 26 was way too many kids. As a result playing time was erratic for many which created some unnecessary drama. If you are going to take 25/26 you had better make sure everyone sees the field because in theory you are saying they were your best 25/26 at tryouts. Coaches were disinterested and approached it as a job and not a teaching experience. There was ZERO effort to connect with the kids let alone the parents. Coaches were not involved with the team in any capacity until a week before the first tournament. Outside of Maryland and FL tournaments(which were additional cost add-ons) tournaments were mostly 2nd tier(JDRF, Summer Slam & UMass-Neylat). The only real high level tournament that was included in original cost was Hofstra and even that had issues as the team played in JV division rather than varsity. Had the team attended the Mid Summer Classic Recruiting Showcase at Umass as originally communicated and posted rather than Umass-Neylat this would not have been an issue. Unfortunately this gave the appearance of the old "bait and switch" which I truly do NOT believe was the case to intentionally deceive but happened none the less. One of the previous posts was spot on regarding the Nationals where the roster was expanded even further to the ridiculous number of 27 players. Many players watched for long stretches from sideline while their teammates melted in the Fl sun. How could you possibly justify not having one practice prior to the Nationals especially given the influx of newly added players(5) and 2 new coaches? It was a recipe for disaster which wound up costing them in the end in FL.
While the Jesters are not perfect they could be considered the lesser of 2 evils when compared to some of the other big name programs because of cost and a director with good intentions. In the end you will find out they all have warts just to varying degrees. Hope this helps!

The 27 number seems far fetched given that the USL website specifically said the roster limit size is 24 for the U15 tourney. No matter what happened the outcome was a huge disappointment as the Jesters went down there confident that they would be able to take care of unfinished business and bring home the championship they came so close to last year. Didn't even really come close to being in the same class as Express, FCA, Florida etc. Huge drop-off in talent from last year's team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
the official rosters on the US lacrosse web site has the Jesters roster at 24 while the express roster was at 26, not sure if players were added after the official roster was posted - the post was a very good analysis of the good and bad - at the end of the day the Jesters, Ballers and fl$ were all very good teams and had had very good showings in Fla. the Express is a great team and beat everybody and deserved to be the Champions. It was a great tournament and a great experience for everybody involved and I think LI represented themselves very well.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Didn't even really come close to being in the same class as Express, FCA, Florida etc. Huge drop-off in talent from last year's team.

What do you attribute this to? Coaching? Did kids leave from last years team? Too many kids? Seems odd that there would be that big of a drop off

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Last years team aged out besides a couple of players, the coaches were the same as last year. Every team goes down there wanting to win but only one can. Last years team beat the Talons on a game maybe they should of lost this years lost in ot what more could you ask for every game had excitement and a couple of bounces go the other way and nobody would be crying. Congrats to the express they had a great tourny.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Listen everyone just stop the BS Just call the guy. I am sure Jim and Rich did not stand on the sidelines look at each other and say lets lose this game. Just stop man up and call the guy.
I am sure they would love to talk to you. ENJOY YOUR SUMMER I will see everyone at the tryouts my son will continue to play for them.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Extra players were added to make 27 at last minute. No drop in talent, U-15 Jesters played the older Jesters team you mention a week before in a game scrimmage and tied them,went to overtime. Up until Hofstra tournament they were undefeated, 24 games,one tie to fl$. The boys were ready.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son played on this team, the last few posts summed all best
My son played and didn't play but he had a lousy
Year and the sitting was justified, he ll suck it up
And hopefully be back. There were issues but
With no offense loss in OT to Talons could have
Been different under different conditions.
Load of talent on this team. Congrats to Express
Best team Expess has has in long time!!!
My son will try out again and I do recommend the
Program to others.

2015 Jesters were not in Express Orange class
No one on Island was this year, but they were
Right their with fl$ and Ballers this year. Everyone
Needs to have a cooler head let your boys make
The decision on where they want to play, great
Group of kids.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Overall it was a good year so i do not want to speak badly about the entire jesters organization. My son had a good time all sesson. He got his fair share of playing time. Great group of kids and terriffic parents. Rich is a good guy and im sure he had the kids best interest at heart. I just dont know why they needed to bring down extra kids that had not played together nor practiced together
. The coaches at disney changed everything and the kids were a little lost. My son also saw very little playing time . I am not so fast to condemn an entire program because of 1
tornament. Next year if they take their 2016 team down there they should bring their regular coaching staff to avoid all the confusion on and off the field. If their regular coach had gone this thread would not exist. I mean no disrespect to rich or jim but if they planned on coaching in florida they should have had more involvment with the team during the season.

T

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The decision about which club to tryout for summer 2013 the most important factor for rising Juniors will be exposure at the best team tournaments where most of the college coaches go to. What tournaments would those be and which summer club teams usually go to those tournaments? King of the hill? Brine shoot out? Etc. in short, assuming Express orange is locked up for spots, what are the best alternatives for exposure at the best tournaments? If you have suggestions please list the club and the tournaments they wil be attending if you know their track record. Thanks.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is true as long as the player had not played HS (JV or otherwise) this past 2012 school yr. Liklely any freshamn rising sophmore who did not play at their HS is sub-par

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have the same question regarding the Baltimore , Annapolis area. I know that Crabs are the top but what other programs in this area competes at the top tournaments and gets the "looks"?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Overall it was a good year so i do not want to speak badly about the entire jesters organization. My son had a good time all sesson. He got his fair share of playing time. Great group of kids and terriffic parents. Rich is a good guy and im sure he had the kids best interest at heart. I just dont know why they needed to bring down extra kids that had not played together nor practiced together
. The coaches at disney changed everything and the kids were a little lost. My son also saw very little playing time . I am not so fast to condemn an entire program because of 1
tornament. Next year if they take their 2016 team down there they should bring their regular coaching staff to avoid all the confusion on and off the field. If their regular coach had gone this thread would not exist. I mean no disrespect to rich or jim but if they planned on coaching in florida they should have had more involvment with the team during the season.

T

Jester's U15 played fl$ in 3D the week before LarryMiller with about 14 kids and I think the same coaches that went to LarryMiller coached at fl$ in 3D, seems like that should have been a good tune up for LarryMiller if all the new players went to Baltimore with the new coaches and regular players, so anybody complaining about new coaches and new players but didn't go to Balt. need to dial it back.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

T

Jester's U15 played fl$ in 3D the week before LarryMiller with about 14 kids and I think the same coaches that went to LarryMiller coached at fl$ in 3D, seems like that should have been a good tune up for LarryMiller if all the new players went to Baltimore with the new coaches and regular players, so anybody complaining about new coaches and new players but didn't go to Balt. need to dial it back.

Jester team that was at fl$ 3d only had about 14 or 15 kids so only a subset of FL team. I heard a pretty bad express 2nd team took them to double OT at 3d which could have been a warning sign.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sending kids going into their sophomore year in high school to a U15 tournament? LOL.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have the same question regarding the Baltimore , Annapolis area. I know that Crabs are the top but what other programs in this area competes at the top tournaments and gets the "looks"?

The best 2015 teams in the Mid-Atlantic are Crabs, Looney's and VLC.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No need to dial it back as we are done with them. Future players should look elsewhere. fl$ 3d and disney were a complete waste of money and time. If the attack defense and coaching staff all changed for those last two tourneys you tell me where the ptoblem lies. If that is the planned coaching for the summer 2013aa rising juniors everyone save your money.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There are many good travel programs on long island to choose from. Next year my son will decide for himself who he would like to tryout for. While our experience this year with the jesters was probably more on the positive side the ball was certainly dropped as soon as the coaching change was made. But for the most part I think you would hear mostly positive things about their organization.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No need to dial it back as we are done with them. Future players should look elsewhere. fl$ 3d and disney were a complete waste of money and time. If the attack defense and coaching staff all changed for those last two tourneys you tell me where the ptoblem lies. If that is the planned coaching for the summer 2013aa rising juniors everyone save your money.

Blame fl$ then for their tournament - not the Jesters. fl$ hyped the [lacrosse] out of that tournament.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What about 2016 in the Mid Atlantic. Breakers or Rock Elite?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Congratulations to Express on winning the championship.

I also want to congratulate the rest of the LI clubs who played in the tournament.

Like Reply Quote
Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard