BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,538
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 26 of 77 1 2 24 25 26 27 28 76 77
Re: High School Lax Boys
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
You are old school. If you make them run or even yell at them it is called abuse today and you could lose your job. eXAMPLE is Coach at school across town lost his football position because he yelled at kids after a loss and them acting like idiots on the bus ride home. You walk a fine line these days when you are a coach.

But like in every level of the game. The buck stops with the HC. Always has and always will. The team wins he takes the pat on the back. The team loses he takes the heat. The kids get in trouble on or off the field during his season it is his to deal with good or bad and take the consequences. You can just imaging the speech he gave to the kids before the season " this is my team my rules what I say goes you are mine until the end of this season you will do what I say or else. WELL IT IS TIME OR ELSE

They should have said coach chew out that school's varsity lacrosse team this year. They look like they could use some "motivation."

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I also heard it was the AD who caught them and if that's true, where was the coach? Shouldn't he have a better idea of where his players were while a team dinner was going on. And why is the AD at an away game? Must have been some reason that she needs to travel with the boys lacrosse team.

Why was the AD there, why not? She is the AD, It was a big away game for them. I say kudos for her going. Maybe at school events you need a certain amount of chaperones per student, some qualified in CPR and blah blah blah... Maybe she Qualifies.

Why doesn't the coach know where they are, what kind of question is that. If it is true that their room had the issue, they were where he thought they were, probably doing what he feared. If, her room was across from the boys, as rumored, how dumb were they. She was probably across from them for a reason.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This was not some heinous or violent crime. Some teenagers made a bad decision. They will pay for their actions and hopefully move on. Let's hope this moment of clarity will help then make smarter choices in college and in life. But the public flogging of teachers, parents, and the immature 17yr olds is way over the top. No one was physically or mentally abused, there was no assault or extreme hazing. This moral high ground by some of these parents posting seems a bit melodramatic. The system hasn't failed these kids like most of you are implying. Yes, it was dumb, inconsiderate, disrespectful and illegal but please ease up on all of your self-righteous bible-thumping. I'm sure every one of your kids has done something he feels lucky that he didn't get caught doing.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
First and last time on this blog..sounds like most of the stuff is personal. This is a devastating event in the lives of these kids and all people connected to the program. A tremendous amount of pain going around. I guess it is an easy time to take a shot..oh well...much easier to kick a guy or a program when you think they are down..I will personally hope that the parents of the young men who made a bad decision get them the help they need . The rest doesn't really matter, especially any kind of vendetta's or vindictiveness..

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
He is such a good coach you should build him a house and talk him into moving to GC.

Oh ya you already are and he already is

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The weak links just HAD to get high. No thought of their reputation, their team, their families or their future. So pathetic. So long.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Definitely not the kids fault and definitely not the parents fault. That leaves the coach and school.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You are old school. If you make them run or even yell at them it is called abuse today and you could lose your job. eXAMPLE is Coach at school across town lost his football position because he yelled at kids after a loss and them acting like idiots on the bus ride home. You walk a fine line these days when you are a coach.

But like in every level of the game. The buck stops with the HC. Always has and always will. The team wins he takes the pat on the back. The team loses he takes the heat. The kids get in trouble on or off the field during his season it is his to deal with good or bad and take the consequences. You can just imaging the speech he gave to the kids before the season " this is my team my rules what I say goes you are mine until the end of this season you will do what I say or else. WELL IT IS TIME OR ELSE

They should have said coach chew out that school's varsity lacrosse team this year. They look like they could use some "motivation."

(Meaning C -- because they suck -- not GC)

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by America's Game
Kids were in their room on a road trip to play Bridgewater-Raritan and didn't miss a team dinner it was at 4pm. The AD caught them.

The coach should not be fired. Stop blaming other people for the actions of kids. Coach is not their parent. He can only do so much. Yet again we are a society that blames everyone else for the actions of our kids rather than take responsibility ourselves. The kids screwed up and they know it and so do their parents.

As for the performance of the team: How in the world can you blame the coach for everything? He plays the best competition regardless of what players he has, he ducks no one. FYI his teams always perform well. For all you parents who never played a D1 sport please listen to me. The coaches coach their system and what they think will work. If your kid doesnt play the way he tells him he will ride the bench. College coaches dont care if you were an All American in High School. Its his job on the line with wins and losses. Why am I bringing this up. Your coach prepares these kids for college ball better than any coach I have seen. Does he run a slow it down offense that is a bit boring to watch absolutely. If they let him go there will be a huge line of schools wanting his services. This guy places more kids in colleges than any high school coach.

Syosset 3-6 L
Smithtown West 6-8 L
Massapequa 8-10 L
St. Pauls 7-6 W
Bellevue WA 5-4 W
Bridgewater-Raritan 6-9 L

Thats a pretty demanding schedule. They have yet to play a conference game.

Well stated and thanks!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Let's not throw around words like devastating unless your talking about something like death or cancer. This is the perfect time for a life lesson. Hopefully ALL involved learn from it and move on.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
HC doesnt live in GC...Thats why you are a moron and have NO clue...Please stop. You are embarrassing yourself....By the way he is a great coach and teacher. Now please go back under your rock

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
West Hempstead

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If they let him go there will be a huge line of schools wanting his services. This guy places more kids in colleges than any high school coach.

Sure.... Why hasn't he left for the lucrative college ranks of coaching yet? there must have been countless offers, right? right?

If they let him go, the only thing huge will be the huge sigh of relief from the entire town

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
He calls it Cathedral Gardens. House in GC not ready yet ? VM come on what is taking so long get the house built already. His kid needs to be in GC school district in order to go to a GC school next year.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

If they let him go there will be a huge line of schools wanting his services. This guy places more kids in colleges than any high school coach.

Sure.... Why hasn't he left for the lucrative college ranks of coaching yet? there must have been countless offers, right? right?

If they let him go, the only thing huge will be the huge sigh of relief from the entire town

Do you understand or know anything about the game of lacrosse. He plays a big school schedule versus teams that have double to triple your enrollment and versus private schools that recruit. He always challenges the players with a tough schedule. He places more kids than any public school into elite college programs. His body of work is in a league all its own. Ask the parents who he has tirelessly called colleges for. You probably don't know any of this. Your the festering wound of a parent on the sideline brooding over playing time. You are a coaches nightmare. Rather than see all the good you try and knock the coach. He can only do so much. Raising kids is on the parents noto the coach. A coach tries to develop players, make them achieve their full potential on the field and even off.

Last edited by America's Game; .
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Maybe 1 or 2 parents dont like the HC..You know why..Because the parents think their little angel is a good lax player when he really suks and sits on the bench...Please stop going after the HC and worry about your own family. Im sure you are one of the parents that say their kid never did anything wrong and put the blame on other people because you are a crappy parent....Maybe if you stop babying your kid he will go to a good college and get a good job one day...You babying him will only lead to him back to his HS bedroom after college living with YOU. I know what you guys can do...you can drink beers together watching lax on TV saying that shouldve been my son on TV but my coach never played my son because he didnt know what he was doing...BLAH BLAH BLAH..Stop the crying and deal that your son stinks...If you dont like HS lax go to a club team..The coach will blow you and your son because he is getting PAID

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Answer me this all mighty. If one of those kids had a reaction to what ever they were smoking and had to be rushed to the hospital or worse would you still be saying he is a great guy or would you be asking why and blaming everyone and their uncle.

Kids were missing from team dinner? No one went to look for them. Because they missed team dinner which I am assuming was mandatory would he have sat them out of game or at least for a half. Probably not.

Looks as a moderator we can see who is posting. Your the same person posting all the negative stuff. How is the coach to blame for the kids smoking pot. He didn't force them, he didn't buy it. He in no way condoned it. What the [lacrosse] are you smoking. They were missing after they got caught. They got caught at 4pm.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
America's Game...Well said....Trolls please go kick your dog

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Answer me this all mighty. If one of those kids had a reaction to what ever they were smoking and had to be rushed to the hospital or worse would you still be saying he is a great guy or would you be asking why and blaming everyone and their uncle.

Kids were missing from team dinner? No one went to look for them. Because they missed team dinner which I am assuming was mandatory would he have sat them out of game or at least for a half. Probably not.

Looks as a moderator we can see who is posting. Your the same person posting all the negative stuff. How is the coach to blame for the kids smoking pot. He didn't force them, he didn't buy it. He in no way condoned it. What the [lacrosse] are you smoking. They were missing after they got caught. They got caught at 4pm.

Just a coward behind a keyboard with their own toxic agenda. Thank you again America's Game for replying with some very positive responses about the HC. We are behind him and his coaching staff 100% and will be there this afternoon to cheer the boys on against Carey!! GO GC!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Maybe 1 or 2 parents dont like the HC..You know why..Because the parents think their little angel is a good lax player when he really suks and sits on the bench...Please stop going after the HC and worry about your own family. Im sure you are one of the parents that say their kid never did anything wrong and put the blame on other people because you are a crappy parent....Maybe if you stop babying your kid he will go to a good college and get a good job one day...You babying him will only lead to him back to his HS bedroom after college living with YOU. I know what you guys can do...you can drink beers together watching lax on TV saying that shouldve been my son on TV but my coach never played my son because he didnt know what he was doing...BLAH BLAH BLAH..Stop the crying and deal that your son stinks...If you dont like HS lax go to a club team..The coach will blow you and your son because he is getting PAID

looks like someone didn't get their kid onto the club team of their choice...so angry...you make me laugh.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I know everything about the game and how it works. The sign of a good coach is not only getting the ones who stand on their own and are the best on the team into decent colleges but the second and third tier players. List where all these kids are attending these elite schools. Except for Harvard which was established a few years back not many others are there. He throws away those kids like garbage and moves on to the next. 5-6 kids tops go to what you would call top elite schools. The rest fight for spots on their own at a D3 school. More than 60% if they are still playing are at D3 schools. If the didnt play for fl$ or EXPRESS Orange they are on their own. How many are going to Harvard next year ?? Or any other top tier team ? Not counting those who are taking a detour either which is becoming the norm at GC

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How many at Harvard were caught cheating? Not smoking pot?
I know everything about the game and how it works. The sign of a good coach is not only getting the ones who stand on their own and are the best on the team into decent colleges but the second and third tier players. List where all these kids are attending these elite schools. Except for Harvard which was established a few years back not many others are there. He throws away those kids like garbage and moves on to the next. 5-6 kids tops go to what you would call top elite schools. The rest fight for spots on their own at a D3 school. More than 60% if they are still playing are at D3 schools. If the didnt play for fl$ or EXPRESS Orange they are on their own. How many are going to Harvard next year ?? Or any other top tier team ? Not counting those who are taking a detour either which is becoming the norm at GC

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Spoken like a true disgruntled parent who thought that their kid was entitled to a lacrosse scholarship of some sort because they live and played on a GC team. Nothing wrong with playing D2 or D3. Not everyone has D1 talent and lets all face it, after four years of college no one is making a career out of lacrosse unless they go into the teaching profession and coach at a MS or HS.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
so you are saying every grade has the same types of kids...are you kidding me..who wins year in and year out in any sport...every team has up/down..this i guess was a down year or two for this team/town...Stop being jealous you could not afford to live in that town because you were a screw up in college and couldnt get a decent enough job to help your kids grow up in such a great school system...truth hurts huh?

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

Do you know that some of the best academic schools are D3. Colleges especially the top D1 and even D3 schools don't take the 2nd and 3rd tier players. A coach can only do so much. Do you know that the coach does what he can to place players. It's up to the players to have the grades and skill to get into the elite school. Is he supposed to do their homework and make them do wallball. No that's your job. So now because your kid isn't good enough or you think he is good but no schools take him it's the coaches fault. You again are a coaches nightmare. Just because you are from Garden City doesn't automatically guarantee your kid is going to a top D1 school.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

As the game grows like wildfire across the country, and the number of HS players increases, the number of players from GC going to elite schools will naturally decrease. The best players from schools in Florida, Texas, Ohio, etc. are now better than the 5th or 6th best player from GC. Same goes for all the other programs that used to send their entire starting lineups to name college programs.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
this topic has come so far off of the wheels. lets all agree that there is a shared responsibility for these actions on part of the players, parents and coaches.

parents place their children in the trust of the school and coaches. The coaches are obligated to provide and maintain a safe, protected and supervised environment for the welfare of these kids while in their care. otherwise schools should insist that parents attend and care for their own children while at such events.

the parents are not excused from their responsibility but count upon the coaches and school to provide as stated above in their stead while the children are in their care.

the students are immature for displaying such poor judgment.

ultimately, at the time of the infraction; the coach and staff are responsible for not preventing this from occurring.

you teach your kids not to play with matches but they burn down the house while the babysitter is on the phone instead of watching the kids as hired to do... who is at fault?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

looks like someone didn't get their kid onto the club team of their choice...so angry...you make me laugh.

for the record; our son's club team coach had his entire first line committed to D1 programs by end of 10th grade; some as early as 9th.

No BJ's needed. just great coaching

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You do your best to find a home for all not the few that make you look good. Agreed there are many really good D3 schools but that is not how GC parents think. They all go into it thinking D1 FULL RIDE. Will do anything to get there kid on field not knowing there is so much more to it than just getting them on the field. Off the field in most cases is more important except those few rare kids

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They weren't missing that's wrong they weren't even caught red handed not one thing on this website is true they were interrogated after the ad smelt it. They got caught just before team was loading the bus

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Do you know that some of the best academic schools are D3. Colleges especially the top D1 and even D3 schools don't take the 2nd and 3rd tier players. A coach can only do so much. Do you know that the coach does what he can to place players. It's up to the players to have the grades and skill to get into the elite school. Is he supposed to do their homework and make them do wallball. No that's your job. So now because your kid isn't good enough or you think he is good but no schools take him it's the coaches fault. You again are a coaches nightmare. Just because you are from Garden City doesn't automatically guarantee your kid is going to a top D1 school.

Honestly, if you're a moderator you should be keeping your opinion out of the discussion. A "moderator" should be a neutral party with no say, just an observer. Perhaps you are too close to the situation and you should recuse yourself? You certainly shouldn't be insulting a kid, your last line above was completely unnecessary.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Really the moderator in my opinion should say whatever he wants. Its an opinion and he does protect many people/kids. He tells the truth. Not like you people listening to hearsay from disgruntled parents. Stay off this site if you dont like it..Your opinions suck if you ask me. Go yell at ur kid now for not doing 25 minutes of wall ball. How about getting your kid a tutor and getting him into a school on his own merits..lol

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

Honestly, if you're a moderator you should be keeping your opinion out of the discussion. A "moderator" should be a neutral party with no say, just an observer. Perhaps you are too close to the situation and you should recuse yourself? You certainly shouldn't be insulting a kid, your last line above was completely unnecessary.

This is a jab at an [lacrosse]. This person has posted numerous negative posts about coach even AD. They might not even have a kid on the team. Because they post anonymously no one knows. I am a moderator and if you see my posts I post facts. Just sending a message and giving them a bit of their own medicine. I have an opinion and will back it with facts. I can be contacted if anyone wants to email me. If you can determine who their kid is by my post and who they are, please please tell me where Jimmy Hoffa is, because that would be some feat. Yet I will remove that part of my post.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Whoa, a mind reader!! Hey can you tell me who is going to win the World Series and SB?? How in the world can you assume what a GC parent thinks? C'mon knock it off already. You all look like petty people.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You do your best to find a home for all not the few that make you look good. Agreed there are many really good D3 schools but that is not how GC parents think. They all go into it thinking D1 FULL RIDE. Will do anything to get there kid on field not knowing there is so much more to it than just getting them on the field. Off the field in most cases is more important except those few rare kids

Parents from GC are probably the most unlikely to believe the whole "D1 FULL RIDE" thing, considering so many of them grew up playing lacrosse themselves, probably moreso than any other town on Long Island.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
this topic has come so far off of the wheels. lets all agree that there is a shared responsibility for these actions on part of the players, parents and coaches.

parents place their children in the trust of the school and coaches. The coaches are obligated to provide and maintain a safe, protected and supervised environment for the welfare of these kids while in their care. otherwise schools should insist that parents attend and care for their own children while at such events.

the parents are not excused from their responsibility but count upon the coaches and school to provide as stated above in their stead while the children are in their care.

the students are immature for displaying such poor judgment.

ultimately, at the time of the infraction; the coach and staff are responsible for not preventing this from occurring.

you teach your kids not to play with matches but they burn down the house while the babysitter is on the phone instead of watching the kids as hired to do... who is at fault?

Head Coach at GC, obviously

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Really the moderator in my opinion should say whatever he wants. Its an opinion and he does protect many people/kids. He tells the truth. Not like you people listening to hearsay from disgruntled parents. Stay off this site if you dont like it..Your opinions suck if you ask me. Go yell at ur kid now for not doing 25 minutes of wall ball. How about getting your kid a tutor and getting him into a school on his own merits..lol

If you have to yell at a kid to do 25 minutes of wall ball he's less interested in getting great than you are in him being great.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Ok I think we have gone on with this topic long enough. Lets get back to high school lacrosse. This situation is truly an unfortunate one. Everyone involved has suffered, the players, the parents, the coaches, the AD, the school, and community. Garden City has a decorated lacrosse history and an event like this should not tarnish or completely destroy what they have accomplished in the past and going forward. All that we as lacrosse enthusiasts can do is hope that everything settles down and not forget there are other players who are still playing and they need the support of their community.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ok I think we have gone on with this topic long enough. Lets get back to high school lacrosse. This situation is truly an unfortunate one. Everyone involved has suffered, the players, the parents, the coaches, the AD, the school, and community. Garden City has a decorated lacrosse history and an event like this should not tarnish or completely destroy what they have accomplished in the past and going forward. All that we as lacrosse enthusiasts can do is hope that everything settles down and not forget there are other players who are still playing and they need the support of their community.

Yea and those other players are beating Carey 11-3 at half

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

May I add that this is not unique to GC. We live very nice area, great school district, decent lax program. The drinking and pot smoking are out of control, you have no idea. The ones who are really bad, are the girls, 14-15 year olds drinking themselves into oblivion, passing out and puking. You can't even imagine, there's going to be a tragedy...

Page 26 of 77 1 2 24 25 26 27 28 76 77

Link Copied to Clipboard