04/13/16 09:39 AM
04/13/16 09:39 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I know when my kids have gone on school sanctioned overnight trips, there is a parent and student meeting regarding behavior which will not be tolerated.
PArent will be called to retrieve their child. Kid signs it parent signs it.
Alcohol
Drugs
Are the TWO deal breakers. If caught you are done/suspended/loss of all activities including sports.

Kids know it, they sign the notice they were fully aware of consequences.
If said kids knowingly break the rules, some perhaps already 18, and some close to it, what do you expect?

How can you blame a coach for what the kids did. Nobody put weed in their bags, nobody forced them to do this. They chose to do this.

Now they have to live with the consequences.

Re: High School Lax Boys [Re: TommyM] #159536
04/13/16 09:44 AM
04/13/16 09:44 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is sad. No parent should be happy these kids are in trouble. I feel much sympathy for them and their parents. I know in the high school my daughter attends kids smoke pot daily during school day it's awful they should be suspended. But why kick them off a team? Let them sit out at games watching their team during their suspension.

Let them attend drug lectures because the larger concern should be that they understand kids are dying from laced drugs. Let them use their free time to volunteer in programs for younger kids in their town pal programs.

But I would cry also if I was the coach cause he is probably sad that these boys are being used as the example. kids are making these poor choices everyday everywhere but punishment could be better by learning to correct what they did wrong without damaging a young mans future.

Re: High School Lax Boys [Re: Anonymous] #159539
04/13/16 09:59 AM
04/13/16 09:59 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Originally Posted by Anonymous
The above poster ranting about the HC from GC has to be a disgruntled dad who is pissed his little Johnny didnt get on the field when he was in HS. Stop living through your kids. GC parents all know who you are...Yes you are not liked as a dad or parent. You have been complaining for years and now you come on here and voice your opinion. HC did nothing wrong. Kids and parents are to blame. Hc is getting the boys ready to play at the next level. Stop being a wuss...You dont like your kid being yelled at but its OK for him to smoke weed at a school event...Get off your soap box and look in the mirror...you are the REAL PROBLEM

never argue with idiots. first they drag you down to their level and then they beat you with experience. thus; I wont debate you.

try reading the entire post before you blast off; reading comprehension is a must.

Re: High School Lax Boys [Re: TommyM] #159540
04/13/16 10:03 AM
04/13/16 10:03 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Um any games yesterday of note? today, tomorrow, this weekend. As for parents--worry about your own parenting and kids first and the coach/program and supervision when the kids are beyond you watch well after that. Your job to lay the foundation...

Sponsored Links
Re: High School Lax Boys [Re: Anonymous] #159543
04/13/16 10:06 AM
04/13/16 10:06 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

support the families...what r you high???? another soap box DB

"support" as in understanding the need to address these issues at the familial level and in academic institutions. It was once said "It takes a village". No one parent can undo the pressure of peers as time has shown again and again. We can only hope to keep them between the lines when they are with us and hope even more so that they are being properly protected, even from themselves, when placed in the care and responsibility of others.

Re: High School Lax Boys [Re: TommyM] #159546
04/13/16 10:17 AM
04/13/16 10:17 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What I don't get anymore is why coaches do not punish players who get something as simple as detention or give teachers flack. Life lesson. Players who miss a practice and Lets not forget those vacations that wind up in the middle or during the season. You go away you don't play. life lesson. Not all schools had their easter break and will have it during Passover. YOU DONT GO AWAY WITHOUT repercussions. YOU DONT GET IN TROUBLE WITHOUT repercussions.

You only learn by yes sitting out, don't kick them off the team, but ban them for a few games make them watch and run the [lacrosse] out of them, make them learn. They slip up or give any lip run'em. Make their teammates step up (they'd have to if they were kicked off anyway) and if the teammates step up maybe they loose their spot naturally spot is lost.

Hopefully if they are truly remorseful and learned something, they will stay and make the team stronger in the long run, if they want to just quit because they cant take it let them, let them show their true colors.

Maybe I am to old school but that is how you do it. It is not how you fall down but how you get up.

Re: High School Lax Boys [Re: Anonymous] #159548
04/13/16 10:19 AM
04/13/16 10:19 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

As of yesterday; all involved players kicked off of team.. A one week school suspension was handed down. One known commit spot has been designated as "vacated" by that university.

Status of HC and AD unknown.

Coach reported to be "crying" as he informed his players of the situation at practice.

The HC must take the brunt of the responsibility in this case. Yes, parents should have could have done better and are suffering as a result; but the players are under the wing of the coach.

This coach has a long history of mentally beating down players. He has poor interpersonal relation skills. The result of this over the years has been for the players to show him as much respect as he shows them. There has been a loss of honor and values that stem from coaches instilling these virtues into his players and the players having pride in displaying the same.

The parents of this town sit huddled quietly and do not want to rock the boat as this coach has positioned himself as the gateway to college lax and expects the masses to bow down to him. And they do. His draconian practices are tolerated only as they have come to accept him as the savior.

It is time for this HC to come under review for his abusive ways. A psychological evaluation is not out of the question either.

Too many players have been subjected to this "crying" abusive person.

His tears I am sure are for himself and how much his image has been tarnished. He cares not one iota for his players as people nor does he take up the charge to be a true leader as one would hope and expect. His players would collectively put him through a wall rather than run through one for him.

Time for change. Drastic change.

Very well said. The iron fist in GC starts with the HC and his "club" program. Everyone is afraid of repercussions.

The word is many more kids left that hotel room right before the AD caught them. If that many kids were involved, and it was that apparent what was going on in the hotel, the HC did nothing to stop it and I would believe was ignoring the issue. The fact the AD was there made this come to light.

Re: High School Lax Boys [Re: TommyM] #159555
04/13/16 10:34 AM
04/13/16 10:34 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

In other lacrosse news --- other teams are still playing:

CQOT v. Sachem North
WI v. Smithown East

p.s. - Don't do Drugs

Re: High School Lax Boys [Re: Anonymous] #159557
04/13/16 10:35 AM
04/13/16 10:35 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I don't understand how there are NO repercussions for the coach. That makes no sense to me. His teams are not as good as they use to be either so why are they afraid to make him step down. How is he not held accountable at all for his players? If 6 kids don't show up to a team dinner, why is he not searching for them. I wouldn't want my son under his watch. Sounds like "crocodile tears" on his part.

Let's get this straight, the Coach or his staff caught the offenders. That shows that he was doing his job and he did not sweep it under the rug. Sounds like he should get a pat on the back for having integrity.

Sponsored Links
Re: High School Lax Boys [Re: Anonymous] #159559
04/13/16 10:38 AM
04/13/16 10:38 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Um any games yesterday of note? today, tomorrow, this weekend. As for parents--worry about your own parenting and kids first and the coach/program and supervision when the kids are beyond you watch well after that. Your job to lay the foundation...

a few noteable upstate games
Fayetteville w
Casanovia wins of West genee
Dewitt won and has a few good ones coming up

No real LI surprise Pequa over prt
Hauppauge is a looker

LP A takes Somers B in OT (along with JJ all 4-1)

today some good some ugly

WI v SE
Sachem v Quot
North baby v Riverhead
Hills east v Smith W

Elepahnt in the room game
Carey v GC (very interesting)

Stat watch!!! Lots of stat padding games.
Who is playing Longwood, Brentwood, Pat-Med, Middle country and Copaigue.

Re: High School Lax Boys [Re: Anonymous] #159562
04/13/16 10:47 AM
04/13/16 10:47 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

In other lacrosse news --- other teams are still playing:

CQOT v. Sachem North
WI v. Smithown East

p.s. - Don't do Drugs

Come on, Don't do drugs not even a veiled attempt. Some of the worst offenders. even documented

Re: High School Lax Boys [Re: Anonymous] #159563
04/13/16 10:49 AM
04/13/16 10:49 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

a few noteable upstate games
Fayetteville w
Casanovia wins of West genee
Dewitt won and has a few good ones coming up

No real LI surprise Pequa over prt
Hauppauge is a looker

LP A takes Somers B in OT (along with JJ all 4-1)

today some good some ugly

WI v SE
Sachem v Quot
North baby v Riverhead
Hills east v Smith W

Elepahnt in the room game
Carey v GC (very interesting)

Stat watch!!! Lots of stat padding games.
Who is playing Longwood, Brentwood, Pat-Med, Middle country and Copaigue.

GC JV beats Carey easily

Re: High School Lax Boys [Re: Anonymous] #159565
04/13/16 10:51 AM
04/13/16 10:51 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I don't understand how there are NO repercussions for the coach. That makes no sense to me. His teams are not as good as they use to be either so why are they afraid to make him step down. How is he not held accountable at all for his players? If 6 kids don't show up to a team dinner, why is he not searching for them. I wouldn't want my son under his watch. Sounds like "crocodile tears" on his part.

Let's get this straight, the Coach or his staff caught the offenders. That shows that he was doing his job and he did not sweep it under the rug. Sounds like he should get a pat on the back for having integrity.

I do not think that was the case, the AD caught them.

Re: High School Lax Boys [Re: Anonymous] #159570
04/13/16 11:04 AM
04/13/16 11:04 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

going after a disgruntled dad from years ago? personal attacks? sounds as if theres a rivalry that never resolved itself.

Page 66 of 205 1 2 64 65 66 67 68 204 205