BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,538
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 25 of 77 1 2 23 24 25 26 27 76 77
Re: High School Lax Boys
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Listen Speeding is illegal so is drinking and driving. For all you pot smokers, smoking pot is illegal also, regardless if you're minor or an adult. I don't care if you do it responsibly you are breaking the law.

And I'm sure you drove 55 on the LIE today. Stop with they holier than thou! Drinking and driving is only illegally if you are legally drunk, FYI!

You really are blinded by the 420 your smoking. Zero tolerance buddy. You can not drink then drive. Period!!!! The fact that you are comparing smoking pot and speeding also shows your completely blinded by that magic bud. It's ILLEGAL!!!!!

Actually you can drink and dive as long as you're under .08. Since I'm not a big drinker, this allows me to drink and drive and be well within the law. Sorry you're wrong again pal!
Actually legally Drunk is .08, impaired is .04 to .079 and under 21 is zero tolerance so 0.0 like your grade point Mr. Blutarsky

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Listen Speeding is illegal so is drinking and driving. For all you pot smokers, smoking pot is illegal also, regardless if you're minor or an adult. I don't care if you do it responsibly you are breaking the law.

And I'm sure you drove 55 on the LIE today. Stop with they holier than thou! Drinking and driving is only illegally if you are legally drunk, FYI!

You really are blinded by the 420 your smoking. Zero tolerance buddy. You can not drink then drive. Period!!!! The fact that you are comparing smoking pot and speeding also shows your completely blinded by that magic bud. It's ILLEGAL!!!!!

Actually you can drink and dive as long as you're under .08. Since I'm not a big drinker, this allows me to drink and drive and be well within the law. Sorry you're wrong again pal!

Sorry Cheech for a person under 21 it is .02. You can blow an .02 by drinking mouthwash. We are speaking about kids. Now back to the point, Marijuana is ILLEGAL!!!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sorry pal . You don't know the law. Stick to banking.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Really with the pissing match! Move on....next topic

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As of yesterday; all involved players kicked off of team.. A one week school suspension was handed down. One known commit spot has been designated as "vacated" by that university.

Status of HC and AD unknown.

Coach reported to be "crying" as he informed his players of the situation at practice.

The HC must take the brunt of the responsibility in this case. Yes, parents should have could have done better and are suffering as a result; but the players are under the wing of the coach.

This coach has a long history of mentally beating down players. He has poor interpersonal relation skills. The result of this over the years has been for the players to show him as much respect as he shows them. There has been a loss of honor and values that stem from coaches instilling these virtues into his players and the players having pride in displaying the same.

The parents of this town sit huddled quietly and do not want to rock the boat as this coach has positioned himself as the gateway to college lax and expects the masses to bow down to him. And they do. His draconian practices are tolerated only as they have come to accept him as the savior.

It is time for this HC to come under review for his abusive ways. A psychological evaluation is not out of the question either.

Too many players have been subjected to this "crying" abusive person.

His tears I am sure are for himself and how much his image has been tarnished. He cares not one iota for his players as people nor does he take up the charge to be a true leader as one would hope and expect. His players would collectively put him through a wall rather than run through one for him.

Time for change. Drastic change.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You people can't really be adults?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As of yesterday; all involved players kicked off of team.. A one week school suspension was handed down. One known commit spot has been designated as "vacated" by that university.

Coach reported to be "crying" as he informed his players of the situation at practice.

The HC must take the brunt of the responsibility in this case. Yes, parents should have could have done better and are suffering as a result; but the players are under the wing of the coach.

This coach has a long history of mentally beating down players. He has poor interpersonal relation skills. The result of this over the years has been for the players to show him as much respect as he shows them. There has been a loss of honor and values that stem from coaches instilling these virtues into his players and the players having pride in displaying the same.

The parents of this town sit huddled quietly and do not want to rock the boat as this coach has positioned himself as the gateway to college lax and expects the masses to bow down to him. And they do. His draconian practices are tolerated only as they have come to accept him as the savior.

It is time for this HC to come under review for his abusive ways. A psychological evaluation is not out of the question either.

His tears I am sure are for himself and how much his image has been tarnished. He cares not one iota for his players as people nor does he take up the charge to be a true leader as one would hope and expect. His players would collectively put him through a wall rather than run through one for him.

Might as well sign your name there, Norm. Yikes.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wow, some serious accusations there. As it seems you are close to the situation I will take you at your word but I do have a few questions as a interested observer.

Had this incident not happened and the team was winning, would this be brought up? Where has this outrage been?

GC seems to have a gateway to many of the Ivy league schools, do you think they are aware of the HC practices?

Is the a situation where while everything appears to be rosy and clean, it would not stand up to outside scrutiny?

Clearly it seems like there are issues there in GC, but its very strange that none of this has been brought to light in the past. I have to assume it is because the program has been very successful and kids have matriculated to very good college programs.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don't understand how there are NO repercussions for the coach. That makes no sense to me. His teams are not as good as they use to be either so why are they afraid to make him step down. How is he not held accountable at all for his players? If 6 kids don't show up to a team dinner, why is he not searching for them. I wouldn't want my son under his watch. Sounds like "crocodile tears" on his part.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Blaming the coach ??? ! No way should the kids or maybe their parents who raised them and live with them, take any responsibility. Blame the coach. Nice job allowing kids to learn they have no accountability.

Typical!

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The above poster ranting about the HC from GC has to be a disgruntled dad who is pissed his little Johnny didnt get on the field when he was in HS. Stop living through your kids. GC parents all know who you are...Yes you are not liked as a dad or parent. You have been complaining for years and now you come on here and voice your opinion. HC did nothing wrong. Kids and parents are to blame. Hc is getting the boys ready to play at the next level. Stop being a wuss...You dont like your kid being yelled at but its OK for him to smoke weed at a school event...Get off your soap box and look in the mirror...you are the REAL PROBLEM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Drastic change...must mean your kid isnt starting and if they get a new coach maybe he will?? please stop you just sound silly and are acting like a grade school girl

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Might as well sign your name there, Norm. Yikes.

thanks for taking care of that for me I was in a rush.

No anonymity needed here. I stand by my words and opinion.

there are myriad topics that can be delved into wrt what happened.

I support the families and hope that they would demand change. proper supervision and leadership by the coaches would have gone a long way as would mutual respect and loyalty. Apparently, these virtues are lost upon this coach and his staff.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hey Bitter Betty... You sound like someone whose kid didn't get to play as much as YOU thought he should have when he played for GC and have an axe to grind ... get over your bitterness, and move on, you will be a happier person... and so will your kid who probably reflected your negativity on the field and it affected his game.
As for the young men who made a terrible mistake and exercised poor judgment and are suffering the consequences of their actions, let's hope they learn from it, move on and they can turn it into something positive.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[/quote]

Wow, some serious accusations there. As it seems you are close to the situation I will take you at your word but I do have a few questions as a interested observer.

Had this incident not happened and the team was winning, would this be brought up? Where has this outrage been?

GC seems to have a gateway to many of the Ivy league schools, do you think they are aware of the HC practices?

Is the a situation where while everything appears to be rosy and clean, it would not stand up to outside scrutiny?

Clearly it seems like there are issues there in GC, but its very strange that none of this has been brought to light in the past. I have to assume it is because the program has been very successful and kids have matriculated to very good college programs.

[/quote]

Good questions, all.

The underlying outrage I believe is kept submerged by most as it has become the acceptable regardless of wins/losses. No one want to mention the elephant in the room.

Not sure if colleges are aware or if they care to be involved at all. They have bigger issues to deal with at their level.

Kids have matriculated to very good institutions in spite of these practices. I do not see many posts here attesting to his great coaching and personal qualities as of yet. Perhaps some are coming?

There were a couple of teams that made great records for GC; but lets be honest and give credit where due; they all played for a great club program which developed them as players that then translated to a great performance at GC. the HC had minimal input on the development of these great players. He was handed a great team by fl$.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
support the families...what r you high???? another soap box DB

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I know when my kids have gone on school sanctioned overnight trips, there is a parent and student meeting regarding behavior which will not be tolerated.
PArent will be called to retrieve their child. Kid signs it parent signs it.
Alcohol
Drugs
Are the TWO deal breakers. If caught you are done/suspended/loss of all activities including sports.

Kids know it, they sign the notice they were fully aware of consequences.
If said kids knowingly break the rules, some perhaps already 18, and some close to it, what do you expect?

How can you blame a coach for what the kids did. Nobody put weed in their bags, nobody forced them to do this. They chose to do this.

Now they have to live with the consequences.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is sad. No parent should be happy these kids are in trouble. I feel much sympathy for them and their parents. I know in the high school my daughter attends kids smoke pot daily during school day it's awful they should be suspended. But why kick them off a team? Let them sit out at games watching their team during their suspension.

Let them attend drug lectures because the larger concern should be that they understand kids are dying from laced drugs. Let them use their free time to volunteer in programs for younger kids in their town pal programs.

But I would cry also if I was the coach cause he is probably sad that these boys are being used as the example. kids are making these poor choices everyday everywhere but punishment could be better by learning to correct what they did wrong without damaging a young mans future.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The above poster ranting about the HC from GC has to be a disgruntled dad who is pissed his little Johnny didnt get on the field when he was in HS. Stop living through your kids. GC parents all know who you are...Yes you are not liked as a dad or parent. You have been complaining for years and now you come on here and voice your opinion. HC did nothing wrong. Kids and parents are to blame. Hc is getting the boys ready to play at the next level. Stop being a wuss...You dont like your kid being yelled at but its OK for him to smoke weed at a school event...Get off your soap box and look in the mirror...you are the REAL PROBLEM

never argue with idiots. first they drag you down to their level and then they beat you with experience. thus; I wont debate you.

try reading the entire post before you blast off; reading comprehension is a must.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Um any games yesterday of note? today, tomorrow, this weekend. As for parents--worry about your own parenting and kids first and the coach/program and supervision when the kids are beyond you watch well after that. Your job to lay the foundation...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
support the families...what r you high???? another soap box DB

"support" as in understanding the need to address these issues at the familial level and in academic institutions. It was once said "It takes a village". No one parent can undo the pressure of peers as time has shown again and again. We can only hope to keep them between the lines when they are with us and hope even more so that they are being properly protected, even from themselves, when placed in the care and responsibility of others.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What I don't get anymore is why coaches do not punish players who get something as simple as detention or give teachers flack. Life lesson. Players who miss a practice and Lets not forget those vacations that wind up in the middle or during the season. You go away you don't play. life lesson. Not all schools had their easter break and will have it during Passover. YOU DONT GO AWAY WITHOUT repercussions. YOU DONT GET IN TROUBLE WITHOUT repercussions.

You only learn by yes sitting out, don't kick them off the team, but ban them for a few games make them watch and run the [lacrosse] out of them, make them learn. They slip up or give any lip run'em. Make their teammates step up (they'd have to if they were kicked off anyway) and if the teammates step up maybe they loose their spot naturally spot is lost.

Hopefully if they are truly remorseful and learned something, they will stay and make the team stronger in the long run, if they want to just quit because they cant take it let them, let them show their true colors.

Maybe I am to old school but that is how you do it. It is not how you fall down but how you get up.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Very well said. The iron fist in GC starts with the HC and his "club" program. Everyone is afraid of repercussions.

The word is many more kids left that hotel room right before the AD caught them. If that many kids were involved, and it was that apparent what was going on in the hotel, the HC did nothing to stop it and I would believe was ignoring the issue. The fact the AD was there made this come to light.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
In other lacrosse news --- other teams are still playing:

CQOT v. Sachem North
WI v. Smithown East

p.s. - Don't do Drugs

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don't understand how there are NO repercussions for the coach. That makes no sense to me. His teams are not as good as they use to be either so why are they afraid to make him step down. How is he not held accountable at all for his players? If 6 kids don't show up to a team dinner, why is he not searching for them. I wouldn't want my son under his watch. Sounds like "crocodile tears" on his part.

Let's get this straight, the Coach or his staff caught the offenders. That shows that he was doing his job and he did not sweep it under the rug. Sounds like he should get a pat on the back for having integrity.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Um any games yesterday of note? today, tomorrow, this weekend. As for parents--worry about your own parenting and kids first and the coach/program and supervision when the kids are beyond you watch well after that. Your job to lay the foundation...

a few noteable upstate games
Fayetteville w
Casanovia wins of West genee
Dewitt won and has a few good ones coming up

No real LI surprise Pequa over prt
Hauppauge is a looker

LP A takes Somers B in OT (along with JJ all 4-1)

today some good some ugly

WI v SE
Sachem v Quot
North baby v Riverhead
Hills east v Smith W

Elepahnt in the room game
Carey v GC (very interesting)

Stat watch!!! Lots of stat padding games.
Who is playing Longwood, Brentwood, Pat-Med, Middle country and Copaigue.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
In other lacrosse news --- other teams are still playing:

CQOT v. Sachem North
WI v. Smithown East

p.s. - Don't do Drugs

Come on, Don't do drugs not even a veiled attempt. Some of the worst offenders. even documented

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

a few noteable upstate games
Fayetteville w
Casanovia wins of West genee
Dewitt won and has a few good ones coming up

No real LI surprise Pequa over prt
Hauppauge is a looker

LP A takes Somers B in OT (along with JJ all 4-1)

today some good some ugly

WI v SE
Sachem v Quot
North baby v Riverhead
Hills east v Smith W

Elepahnt in the room game
Carey v GC (very interesting)

Stat watch!!! Lots of stat padding games.
Who is playing Longwood, Brentwood, Pat-Med, Middle country and Copaigue.

GC JV beats Carey easily

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Let's get this straight, the Coach or his staff caught the offenders. That shows that he was doing his job and he did not sweep it under the rug. Sounds like he should get a pat on the back for having integrity.

I do not think that was the case, the AD caught them.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
going after a disgruntled dad from years ago? personal attacks? sounds as if theres a rivalry that never resolved itself.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Kids fault!!

Parents fault!!!

No one was complaining about coach before this.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Truth is the AD caught the kids and that is why all this happened. These idiots had the room right across the hall from the AD and when she went to enter her room she could smell the pot. Knocked and they answered. She is the one who caught them.

Not sure what would have happened if coach caught them. From what I know 2 starters and not that great of a season so far. Last thing he needs is to lose 2 starters.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You have no idea what you're talking about. The HC is a great guy and would kill for all of his players. You're clearly a pissed off parent whose kid isn't playing. Stop causing useless drama the HC did nothing wrong. You are the real problem.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I also heard it was the AD who caught them and if that's true, where was the coach? Shouldn't he have a better idea of where his players were while a team dinner was going on. And why is the AD at an away game? Must have been some reason that she needs to travel with the boys lacrosse team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You are old school. If you make them run or even yell at them it is called abuse today and you could lose your job. eXAMPLE is Coach at school across town lost his football position because he yelled at kids after a loss and them acting like idiots on the bus ride home. You walk a fine line these days when you are a coach.

But like in every level of the game. The buck stops with the HC. Always has and always will. The team wins he takes the pat on the back. The team loses he takes the heat. The kids get in trouble on or off the field during his season it is his to deal with good or bad and take the consequences. You can just imaging the speech he gave to the kids before the season " this is my team my rules what I say goes you are mine until the end of this season you will do what I say or else. WELL IT IS TIME OR ELSE

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I also heard it was the AD who caught them and if that's true, where was the coach? Shouldn't he have a better idea of where his players were while a team dinner was going on. And why is the AD at an away game? Must have been some reason that she needs to travel with the boys lacrosse team.

Maybe the HC asked for the help? Maybe she hates her spouse. Who cares, "they" caught the kids and as a result get credit (deserved or not).

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Answer me this all mighty. If one of those kids had a reaction to what ever they were smoking and had to be rushed to the hospital or worse would you still be saying he is a great guy or would you be asking why and blaming everyone and their uncle.

Kids were missing from team dinner? No one went to look for them. Because they missed team dinner which I am assuming was mandatory would he have sat them out of game or at least for a half. Probably not.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Myself and a few teammates were caught drinking a flask of Jack Daniels in the bathroom at our junior prom. Our coach (chaperone) walked in and said "finish that up you f*&^%$ morons and get back inside..." Times they have changed.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You have no idea what you're talking about. The HC is a great guy and would kill for all of his players. You're clearly a pissed off parent whose kid isn't playing. Stop causing useless drama the HC did nothing wrong. You are the real problem.

AMEN!

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Kids were in their room on a road trip to play Bridgewater-Raritan and didn't miss a team dinner it was at 4pm. The AD caught them.

The coach should not be fired. Stop blaming other people for the actions of kids. Coach is not their parent. He can only do so much. Yet again we are a society that blames everyone else for the actions of our kids rather than take responsibility ourselves. The kids screwed up and they know it and so do their parents.

As for the performance of the team: How in the world can you blame the coach for everything? He plays the best competition regardless of what players he has, he ducks no one. FYI his teams always perform well. For all you parents who never played a D1 sport please listen to me. The coaches coach their system and what they think will work. If your kid doesnt play the way he tells him he will ride the bench. College coaches dont care if you were an All American in High School. Its his job on the line with wins and losses. Why am I bringing this up. Your coach prepares these kids for college ball better than any coach I have seen. Does he run a slow it down offense that is a bit boring to watch absolutely. If they let him go there will be a huge line of schools wanting his services. This guy places more kids in colleges than any high school coach.

Syosset 3-6 L
Smithtown West 6-8 L
Massapequa 8-10 L
St. Pauls 7-6 W
Bellevue WA 5-4 W
Bridgewater-Raritan 6-9 L

Thats a pretty demanding schedule. They have yet to play a conference game.

Last edited by America's Game; .
Page 25 of 77 1 2 23 24 25 26 27 76 77

Link Copied to Clipboard