BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,538
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 24 of 77 1 2 22 23 24 25 26 76 77
Re: High School Lax Boys
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The whole team would probably fail a drug test if tested except for the few pussies who don't have the balls to light up with there teammates on the weekend. Those are the kids who really are bringing the team down.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If your kid wasn't involved he probably wanted to be involved and if he didn't want to be involved then he's probably not that cool and that's the reality in high school

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Most of this team would probably fail a drug test and for the few kids who are to scared to light up with there teammates on the weekend those are truly the kids who are bringing the team down.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I hope the AD or coach is reading this or that someone sends it to him or her. You are a GC parent venting and admitting you know that 90% of the team smoked pot last lost game. Someone needs to step up and address the overall drug use then. Thanks as a GC parent to fill us in on how much GC lax team smokes.

SAY IT FORGET IT WRITE IT REGRET IT

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why aren't you in class ? Maybe they need to look into hazing as well as it seems they pressure all

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
You think jahelka would ever let this happen?

neither would Johnny Hopkins, oh wait, he blazed that &*%$ up

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Pot/Herb/Marijuana are illegal. There is no excuse!!! It doesn't make a difference if you partook as a youth or even as an adult it is illegal. These boys broke the rules and the law. I am sure their parents understand the severity of the situation and unless you can identify yourself as a parent you should not be assuming what these parents are like and or what they do in their free time, and how they are handling the situation. Kids make mistakes and they are suffering the consequences of their actions. Some of the boys are committed and could lose their commit. We all were young and foolish and made mistakes. This could have been much worse for all and I am sure the boys have learned a valuable life lesson.

All parents of players should discuss this with their children and explain to them the consequences.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If your kid wasn't involved he probably wanted to be involved and if he didn't want to be involved then he's probably not that cool and that's the reality in high school

doesn't mean to condone it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Like we used to say in GC...Divide it don't hide it. Rehab has since provided me with a different perspective though.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just to add to the clarity of the law, a BAC of 0.02 under 21 first offense suspension of license for 90 days. Called NYS Zero tolerance law. This is for driving purposes.

You can serve "your" child alcohol all you want, under your supervision. Someone else's child you better have a lawyer ready.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Same thing happened during Football season. School only dished out suspensions. Opposing schools coaches were sure kids would have been kicked off team, but low and behold, were not. In any other dimension, they would be kicked off.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Even in states that have legalized marihuana it is still prohibited for teenagers. Marihuana is a dangerous drug for a still-developing brain and should not be used or condoned by children.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Contrary to popular belief, marijuana USE is not illegal. The possession of a LARGE amount (pounds) is a misdemeanor. The use in public is illegal. The use in your home is not illegal. This has become very evident a GC bashing fest, most likely due to them beating your team over the years, probably embarrassing them. Not a GC resident but respect the academics/athletics the village provides the kids. Look up the US NEws Report on High School rankings, GC is #12. Pretty good.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This has got to be a student. Sounds like a real [lacrosse] too.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Another [lacrosse] student/player

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
what are the rankings based on? spend per pupil...give a rest...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Contrary to popular belief, marijuana USE is not illegal. The possession of a LARGE amount (pounds) is a misdemeanor. The use in public is illegal. The use in your home is not illegal. This has become very evident a GC bashing fest, most likely due to them beating your team over the years, probably embarrassing them. Not a GC resident but respect the academics/athletics the village provides the kids. Look up the US NEws Report on High School rankings, GC is #12. Pretty good.

not so -

Possession for Personal Use in NY State
For a first offender, possession of up to 25 grams ( .88 of an oz.) of marijuana is punishable by a fine of $100. If an additional offense occurs within three years of the first offense, possession of up to 25 grams of marijuana is punishable by a fine of $200. For the third or subsequent offense(s) within a three-year period, possession of up to 25 grams of marijuana is punishable by a fine of $250 and/or imprisonment of 15 days or less. Possession of marijuana in excess of 25 grams - 2 ounces is a class B misdemeanor and is punishable by no more than 3 months imprisonment and a fine not to exceed $500. Possession of marijuana in excess of 2 ounces - 8 ounces is a class A misdemeanor and is punishable by no more than 1 year of imprisonment and a fine not to exceed $1,000. Possession of marijuana in excess of 8 ounces - 16 ounces is a class E felony and is punishable by no more than 4 years of imprisonment and a fine not to exceed $5,000. Possession of marijuana in excess of 16 ounces - 10 pounds is a class D felony and is punishable by no more than 7 years of imprisonment and a fine not to exceed $5,000. Possession of marijuana in excess of 10 pounds is a class C felony and is punishable by no more than 15 years of imprisonment and a fine not to exceed $15,000.

And I am not sure the laws in NJ or possessing or taking across state boarders

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I hope the AD or coach is reading this or that someone sends it to him or her. You are a GC parent venting and admitting you know that 90% of the team smoked pot last lost game. Someone needs to step up and address the overall drug use then. Thanks as a GC parent to fill us in on how much GC lax team smokes.

SAY IT FORGET IT WRITE IT REGRET IT
The AD of GC high smokes medical marijuana, she was in favor of the athletic scholars that were smoking. Shes not going to do anything but supply the team with more drugs

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The whole team would probably fail a drug test if tested except for the few pussies who don't have the balls to light up with there teammates on the weekend. Those are the kids who really are bringing the team down.

written by a 14 year old

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
apparently no punishment was handed down. they skated. I just heard that from a GC resident

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by lilaxfan
FYI. There is no alcohol allowed for drivers under 21. In fact it is illegal for any kid to have alcohol in his system under 21
The problem is some kids have no chance in life with ignorant alcoholic or drug addicted parents God willing no parent has to get the call that some recent lax parents have gotten that their kid was the victim of drunk diving or died from a heroin or drug overdose . Being an athlete doesn't mean bad things will not happen. I have used the stupidity of a couple of foolish kids to remind my kids their bad chiices may have consequences

Not looking to chime in on the parenting/good kid-bad kid issues, just the law. Call it a pet peeve if you will but misstating the law drives me nuts. There is absolutely no statute in NY that criminalizes the mere fact that someone under the age of 21 has alcohol in their blood. the laws have to do with selling or serving alcohol to persons under 21 as well as possession with intent to consume. Additionally their are exemptions for parents - yes you can give you own child or ward alcohol - and those supervising educational classes where alcohol consumption is part of the course (say a college wine tasting course or a course in the police academy that demonstrates the effects of alcohol) as well as religious exceptions. maybe read the NYS Alcohol Beverage Control Law as well as the Penal law before stating what the 'facts' on the law are. See NYS ABC Secs 65 & 65-c; NYS Penal Law Sec 260.20

brilliant.....knucklehead. A teen under the influence may not receive summons or arrest. But have someone (ie teacher) report it to child protective service and see how that ends up.......

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
pot stirring...not pun intended.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Same thing happened during Football season. School only dished out suspensions. Opposing schools coaches were sure kids would have been kicked off team, but low and behold, were not. In any other dimension, they would be kicked off.

Couldn't be further from the truth 4 kids were kicked off immediately get your facts straight dude

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is that a surprise to anyone in that community?

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
FYI. There is no alcohol allowed for drivers under 21. In fact it is illegal for any kid to have alcohol in his system under 21
The problem is some kids have no chance in life with ignorant alcoholic or drug addicted parents God willing no parent has to get the call that some recent lax parents have gotten that their kid was the victim of drunk diving or died from a heroin or drug overdose . Being an athlete doesn't mean bad things will not happen. I have used the stupidity of a couple of foolish kids to remind my kids their bad chiices may have consequences

Not looking to chime in on the parenting/good kid-bad kid issues, just the law. Call it a pet peeve if you will but misstating the law drives me nuts. There is absolutely no statute in NY that criminalizes the mere fact that someone under the age of 21 has alcohol in their blood. the laws have to do with selling or serving alcohol to persons under 21 as well as possession with intent to consume. Additionally their are exemptions for parents - yes you can give you own child or ward alcohol - and those supervising educational classes where alcohol consumption is part of the course (say a college wine tasting course or a course in the police academy that demonstrates the effects of alcohol) as well as religious exceptions. maybe read the NYS Alcohol Beverage Control Law as well as the Penal law before stating what the 'facts' on the law are. See NYS ABC Secs 65 & 65-c; NYS Penal Law Sec 260.20

Ok there F. Lee Baily. You might want to look into the laws governing those under 21 and having "any" alcohol in their bloodstream when behind the wheel of car. Which is exactly what the poster was referring to. Over 21, 1 beer no problem. Under 21, big problem. Look into it, you might learn something.

First off the original post I replied to did not say that "drivers" under the age of 21 couldn't have any alcohol in their bloodstream while opperating a motor vehicle, he simply said "In fact it is illegal for any kid to have alcohol in his system under 21" and that is simply wrong.

Secondly, the law you are referring too, called the 'zero tolerance law' is Vehicle and Traffic Law Sec 1192-a and applies to DRIVERS under the age of 21 with "any measurable alcohol" in there system defined as a BAC of .02-.07 (NOT .00). The section itself specifically says a violation is not a crime or offense, it merely opens the driver up to certain administrative penalties by the DMV. NOw have you learned something about being precise.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ok there F. Lee Baily. You might want to look into the laws governing those under 21 and having "any" alcohol in their bloodstream when behind the wheel of car. Which is exactly what the poster was referring to. Over 21, 1 beer no problem. Under 21, big problem. Look into it, you might learn something.

First off the original post I replied to did not say that "drivers" under the age of 21 couldn't have any alcohol in their bloodstream while opperating a motor vehicle, he simply said "In fact it is illegal for any kid to have alcohol in his system under 21" and that is simply wrong.

Secondly, the law you are referring too, called the 'zero tolerance law' is Vehicle and Traffic Law Sec 1192-a and applies to DRIVERS under the age of 21 with "any measurable alcohol" in there system defined as a BAC of .02-.07 (NOT .00). The section itself specifically says a violation is not a crime or offense, it merely opens the driver up to certain administrative penalties by the DMV. NOw have you learned something about being precise.

Unfortunately you can rack up 0.02 from mouthwash.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

brilliant.....knucklehead. A teen under the influence may not receive summons or arrest. But have someone (ie teacher) report it to child protective service and see how that ends up.......

There are just way too many variables and way too little reading comprehension on display to accurately reply to this. Suffice it to say as a began my post with I was not commenting on the propriety of any particular action or inaction, merely the state of the Law in NY and the fact that there exists no such law that criminalizes the the presence of alcohol in the blood stream of a person under 21 on that fact alone. However, Along those lines, if by "under the influence" you mean intoxicated or impaired in public, such as at school, then there are criminal and municipal statutes that would apply regardless of the age of the offender. Also, to demonstrate what I mean by too many variables if a teen of say 18 was 'under the influence' whether the teen obtained the alcohol from the parents or not CPS would have no authority to intervene in any way.

But what does this all have to do with lacrosse anyway

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All true. What is sad is the obsession with alcohol. Most Jrs and Seniors do drink. In my opinion 18 should be the legal age. The majority of kids try pot too. I'm glad to say that my son's generation does not drink and drive . I am also very happy that I have an open dialog with my son regarding this matter. If he knows there will be drinking, he gets a ride from me or someone else who is not drinking. Also if you think these college coaches don't think the kids party you are wrong. That's why they have early practices. To make life miserable for those who overindulge. Many of you really need to get your head out of the sand! Did you do anything illegal today, like drive over the speed limit maybe? Or are some laws ok to break if they don't seem reasonable?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I can't believe I'm reading this. Now you people say it's ok to smoke marijuana because it's not an illegal drug ? Since when did your morals go down the drain ? It is a drug. Period. Impaires your judgement and dangerous. No matter what town the boys are from they should be thrown off the team. If it were the volleyball team , they would be gone already.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Unfortunately you can rack up 0.02 from mouthwash.

Listerine has alcohol free plus it helps make your teeth white!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I can't believe I'm reading this. Now you people say it's ok to smoke marijuana because it's not an illegal drug ? Since when did your morals go down the drain ? It is a drug. Period. Impaires your judgement and dangerous. No matter what town the boys are from they should be thrown off the team. If it were the volleyball team , they would be gone already.

Do you drink? Last I checked alcohol impairs your judgment. So move on to the next argument, the "where did your morals go" one isn't working for me and you seem like you need to get off that high horse (pun intended). Let's just stick with they broke a team/school rule and they were not smart enough not to get caught. Now they should face the consequences. All the shades of grey that you want to find mean nothing.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Listerine is not as good without the alcohol!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Do you drink? Last I checked alcohol impairs your judgment. So move on to the next argument, the "where did your morals go" one isn't working for me and you seem like you need to get off that high horse (pun intended). Let's just stick with they broke a team/school rule and they were not smart enough not to get caught. Now they should face the consequences. All the shades of grey that you want to find mean nothing.

Speeding causes accidents, did you speed today?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
wish someone would tell us the circumstances? Where did it happen? how were they caught?etc.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
FYI. The story is the substance smoked was Marijuana Wax. A high potency marijuana derivative which is 80% THC, the active ingredient in marijuana. More potent than hashish it has a higher hallucinogenic effect. It is not comparable to alcohol regardless of the current legal status of either. Wax s the new rage so if you never heard of it I recommend you learn because your kids have heard of it.
This PSA is brought to you by your friendly neighborhood Narcotics prosecutor.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Easy F. Lee, go chase an ambulance...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Listen Speeding is illegal so is drinking and driving. For all you pot smokers, smoking pot is illegal also, regardless if you're minor or an adult. I don't care if you do it responsibly you are breaking the law.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Listen Speeding is illegal so is drinking and driving. For all you pot smokers, smoking pot is illegal also, regardless if you're minor or an adult. I don't care if you do it responsibly you are breaking the law.

And I'm sure you drove 55 on the LIE today. Stop with they holier than thou! Drinking and driving is only illegally if you are legally drunk, FYI!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

And I'm sure you drove 55 on the LIE today. Stop with they holier than thou! Drinking and driving is only illegally if you are legally drunk, FYI!

You really are blinded by the 420 your smoking. Zero tolerance buddy. You can not drink then drive. Period!!!! The fact that you are comparing smoking pot and speeding also shows your completely blinded by that magic bud. It's ILLEGAL!!!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You really are blinded by the 420 your smoking. Zero tolerance buddy. You can not drink then drive. Period!!!! The fact that you are comparing smoking pot and speeding also shows your completely blinded by that magic bud. It's ILLEGAL!!!!!

Actually you can drink and dive as long as you're under .08. Since I'm not a big drinker, this allows me to drink and drive and be well within the law. Sorry you're wrong again pal!

Page 24 of 77 1 2 22 23 24 25 26 76 77

Link Copied to Clipboard