Binghamton Men's Lacrosse Fall Prospect Day Posted Under the Events tab!

BACK OF THE CAGE
MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys 2022-10th Grade Fall 2019/Summer 2020
by Anonymous. 09/17/19 11:18 PM
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous. 09/17/19 11:16 PM
Girls 2021-11th Grade Fall 2019/Summer 2020
by Anonymous. 09/17/19 10:53 PM
Boys 2024-8th Grade Fall 2019/Summer 2020
by Anonymous. 09/17/19 10:00 PM
Girls 2023-9th Grade Fall 2019/Summer 2020
by Anonymous. 09/17/19 09:42 PM
Boys 2025-7th Grade Fall 2019/Summer 2020
by Anonymous. 09/17/19 08:42 PM
Girls 2023 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
by Anonymous. 09/17/19 08:32 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums18
Topics1,761
Posts254,934
Members2,134
Most Online6,425
Sep 8th, 2019
SUBSCRIBE


FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 64 of 205 1 2 62 63 64 65 66 204 205
Re: High School Lax Boys [Re: lilaxfan] #159422
04/12/16 04:21 PM
04/12/16 04:21 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A



Originally Posted by lilaxfan
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by lilaxfan
Originally Posted by Anonymous
FYI. There is no alcohol allowed for drivers under 21. In fact it is illegal for any kid to have alcohol in his system under 21
The problem is some kids have no chance in life with ignorant alcoholic or drug addicted parents God willing no parent has to get the call that some recent lax parents have gotten that their kid was the victim of drunk diving or died from a heroin or drug overdose . Being an athlete doesn't mean bad things will not happen. I have used the stupidity of a couple of foolish kids to remind my kids their bad chiices may have consequences


Not looking to chime in on the parenting/good kid-bad kid issues, just the law. Call it a pet peeve if you will but misstating the law drives me nuts. There is absolutely no statute in NY that criminalizes the mere fact that someone under the age of 21 has alcohol in their blood. the laws have to do with selling or serving alcohol to persons under 21 as well as possession with intent to consume. Additionally their are exemptions for parents - yes you can give you own child or ward alcohol - and those supervising educational classes where alcohol consumption is part of the course (say a college wine tasting course or a course in the police academy that demonstrates the effects of alcohol) as well as religious exceptions. maybe read the NYS Alcohol Beverage Control Law as well as the Penal law before stating what the 'facts' on the law are. See NYS ABC Secs 65 & 65-c; NYS Penal Law Sec 260.20


Ok there F. Lee Baily. You might want to look into the laws governing those under 21 and having "any" alcohol in their bloodstream when behind the wheel of car. Which is exactly what the poster was referring to. Over 21, 1 beer no problem. Under 21, big problem. Look into it, you might learn something.


First off the original post I replied to did not say that "drivers" under the age of 21 couldn't have any alcohol in their bloodstream while opperating a motor vehicle, he simply said "In fact it is illegal for any kid to have alcohol in his system under 21" and that is simply wrong.

Secondly, the law you are referring too, called the 'zero tolerance law' is Vehicle and Traffic Law Sec 1192-a and applies to DRIVERS under the age of 21 with "any measurable alcohol" in there system defined as a BAC of .02-.07 (NOT .00). The section itself specifically says a violation is not a crime or offense, it merely opens the driver up to certain administrative penalties by the DMV. NOw have you learned something about being precise.


Unfortunately you can rack up 0.02 from mouthwash.

BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: High School Lax Boys [Re: Anonymous] #159424
04/12/16 04:24 PM
04/12/16 04:24 PM
Joined: Mar 2015
Posts: 4
L
lilaxfan Offline
Back of THE CAGE
lilaxfan  Offline
Back of THE CAGE
L

Joined: Mar 2015
Posts: 4
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by lilaxfan
Originally Posted by Anonymous
FYI. There is no alcohol allowed for drivers under 21. In fact it is illegal for any kid to have alcohol in his system under 21
The problem is some kids have no chance in life with ignorant alcoholic or drug addicted parents God willing no parent has to get the call that some recent lax parents have gotten that their kid was the victim of drunk diving or died from a heroin or drug overdose . Being an athlete doesn't mean bad things will not happen. I have used the stupidity of a couple of foolish kids to remind my kids their bad chiices may have consequences


Not looking to chime in on the parenting/good kid-bad kid issues, just the law. Call it a pet peeve if you will but misstating the law drives me nuts. There is absolutely no statute in NY that criminalizes the mere fact that someone under the age of 21 has alcohol in their blood. the laws have to do with selling or serving alcohol to persons under 21 as well as possession with intent to consume. Additionally their are exemptions for parents - yes you can give you own child or ward alcohol - and those supervising educational classes where alcohol consumption is part of the course (say a college wine tasting course or a course in the police academy that demonstrates the effects of alcohol) as well as religious exceptions. maybe read the NYS Alcohol Beverage Control Law as well as the Penal law before stating what the 'facts' on the law are. See NYS ABC Secs 65 & 65-c; NYS Penal Law Sec 260.20


brilliant.....knucklehead. A teen under the influence may not receive summons or arrest. But have someone (ie teacher) report it to child protective service and see how that ends up.......


There are just way too many variables and way too little reading comprehension on display to accurately reply to this. Suffice it to say as a began my post with I was not commenting on the propriety of any particular action or inaction, merely the state of the Law in NY and the fact that there exists no such law that criminalizes the the presence of alcohol in the blood stream of a person under 21 on that fact alone. However, Along those lines, if by "under the influence" you mean intoxicated or impaired in public, such as at school, then there are criminal and municipal statutes that would apply regardless of the age of the offender. Also, to demonstrate what I mean by too many variables if a teen of say 18 was 'under the influence' whether the teen obtained the alcohol from the parents or not CPS would have no authority to intervene in any way.

But what does this all have to do with lacrosse anyway

Re: High School Lax Boys [Re: TommyM] #159425
04/12/16 04:32 PM
04/12/16 04:32 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A



All true. What is sad is the obsession with alcohol. Most Jrs and Seniors do drink. In my opinion 18 should be the legal age. The majority of kids try pot too. I'm glad to say that my son's generation does not drink and drive . I am also very happy that I have an open dialog with my son regarding this matter. If he knows there will be drinking, he gets a ride from me or someone else who is not drinking. Also if you think these college coaches don't think the kids party you are wrong. That's why they have early practices. To make life miserable for those who overindulge. Many of you really need to get your head out of the sand! Did you do anything illegal today, like drive over the speed limit maybe? Or are some laws ok to break if they don't seem reasonable?

Re: High School Lax Boys [Re: Anonymous] #159436
04/12/16 05:34 PM
04/12/16 05:34 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A



I can't believe I'm reading this. Now you people say it's ok to smoke marijuana because it's not an illegal drug ? Since when did your morals go down the drain ? It is a drug. Period. Impaires your judgement and dangerous. No matter what town the boys are from they should be thrown off the team. If it were the volleyball team , they would be gone already.

Re: High School Lax Boys [Re: Anonymous] #159439
04/12/16 05:54 PM
04/12/16 05:54 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A



Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by lilaxfan
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by lilaxfan
Originally Posted by Anonymous
FYI. There is no alcohol allowed for drivers under 21. In fact it is illegal for any kid to have alcohol in his system under 21
The problem is some kids have no chance in life with ignorant alcoholic or drug addicted parents God willing no parent has to get the call that some recent lax parents have gotten that their kid was the victim of drunk diving or died from a heroin or drug overdose . Being an athlete doesn't mean bad things will not happen. I have used the stupidity of a couple of foolish kids to remind my kids their bad chiices may have consequences


Not looking to chime in on the parenting/good kid-bad kid issues, just the law. Call it a pet peeve if you will but misstating the law drives me nuts. There is absolutely no statute in NY that criminalizes the mere fact that someone under the age of 21 has alcohol in their blood. the laws have to do with selling or serving alcohol to persons under 21 as well as possession with intent to consume. Additionally their are exemptions for parents - yes you can give you own child or ward alcohol - and those supervising educational classes where alcohol consumption is part of the course (say a college wine tasting course or a course in the police academy that demonstrates the effects of alcohol) as well as religious exceptions. maybe read the NYS Alcohol Beverage Control Law as well as the Penal law before stating what the 'facts' on the law are. See NYS ABC Secs 65 & 65-c; NYS Penal Law Sec 260.20


Ok there F. Lee Baily. You might want to look into the laws governing those under 21 and having "any" alcohol in their bloodstream when behind the wheel of car. Which is exactly what the poster was referring to. Over 21, 1 beer no problem. Under 21, big problem. Look into it, you might learn something.


First off the original post I replied to did not say that "drivers" under the age of 21 couldn't have any alcohol in their bloodstream while opperating a motor vehicle, he simply said "In fact it is illegal for any kid to have alcohol in his system under 21" and that is simply wrong.

Secondly, the law you are referring too, called the 'zero tolerance law' is Vehicle and Traffic Law Sec 1192-a and applies to DRIVERS under the age of 21 with "any measurable alcohol" in there system defined as a BAC of .02-.07 (NOT .00). The section itself specifically says a violation is not a crime or offense, it merely opens the driver up to certain administrative penalties by the DMV. NOw have you learned something about being precise.


Unfortunately you can rack up 0.02 from mouthwash.


Listerine has alcohol free plus it helps make your teeth white!

Sponsored Links
Re: High School Lax Boys [Re: Anonymous] #159440
04/12/16 05:55 PM
04/12/16 05:55 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A



Originally Posted by Anonymous
I can't believe I'm reading this. Now you people say it's ok to smoke marijuana because it's not an illegal drug ? Since when did your morals go down the drain ? It is a drug. Period. Impaires your judgement and dangerous. No matter what town the boys are from they should be thrown off the team. If it were the volleyball team , they would be gone already.


Do you drink? Last I checked alcohol impairs your judgment. So move on to the next argument, the "where did your morals go" one isn't working for me and you seem like you need to get off that high horse (pun intended). Let's just stick with they broke a team/school rule and they were not smart enough not to get caught. Now they should face the consequences. All the shades of grey that you want to find mean nothing.

Re: High School Lax Boys [Re: TommyM] #159441
04/12/16 05:57 PM
04/12/16 05:57 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A



Listerine is not as good without the alcohol!

Re: High School Lax Boys [Re: Anonymous] #159443
04/12/16 06:17 PM
04/12/16 06:17 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A



Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I can't believe I'm reading this. Now you people say it's ok to smoke marijuana because it's not an illegal drug ? Since when did your morals go down the drain ? It is a drug. Period. Impaires your judgement and dangerous. No matter what town the boys are from they should be thrown off the team. If it were the volleyball team , they would be gone already.


Do you drink? Last I checked alcohol impairs your judgment. So move on to the next argument, the "where did your morals go" one isn't working for me and you seem like you need to get off that high horse (pun intended). Let's just stick with they broke a team/school rule and they were not smart enough not to get caught. Now they should face the consequences. All the shades of grey that you want to find mean nothing.


Speeding causes accidents, did you speed today?

Re: High School Lax Boys [Re: TommyM] #159448
04/12/16 07:09 PM
04/12/16 07:09 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A



wish someone would tell us the circumstances? Where did it happen? how were they caught?etc.

Re: High School Lax Boys [Re: TommyM] #159453
04/12/16 07:45 PM
04/12/16 07:45 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A



FYI. The story is the substance smoked was Marijuana Wax. A high potency marijuana derivative which is 80% THC, the active ingredient in marijuana. More potent than hashish it has a higher hallucinogenic effect. It is not comparable to alcohol regardless of the current legal status of either. Wax s the new rage so if you never heard of it I recommend you learn because your kids have heard of it.
This PSA is brought to you by your friendly neighborhood Narcotics prosecutor.

Sponsored Links
Re: High School Lax Boys [Re: lilaxfan] #159468
04/12/16 09:00 PM
04/12/16 09:00 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A



Originally Posted by lilaxfan
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by lilaxfan
Originally Posted by Anonymous
FYI. There is no alcohol allowed for drivers under 21. In fact it is illegal for any kid to have alcohol in his system under 21
The problem is some kids have no chance in life with ignorant alcoholic or drug addicted parents God willing no parent has to get the call that some recent lax parents have gotten that their kid was the victim of drunk diving or died from a heroin or drug overdose . Being an athlete doesn't mean bad things will not happen. I have used the stupidity of a couple of foolish kids to remind my kids their bad chiices may have consequences


Not looking to chime in on the parenting/good kid-bad kid issues, just the law. Call it a pet peeve if you will but misstating the law drives me nuts. There is absolutely no statute in NY that criminalizes the mere fact that someone under the age of 21 has alcohol in their blood. the laws have to do with selling or serving alcohol to persons under 21 as well as possession with intent to consume. Additionally their are exemptions for parents - yes you can give you own child or ward alcohol - and those supervising educational classes where alcohol consumption is part of the course (say a college wine tasting course or a course in the police academy that demonstrates the effects of alcohol) as well as religious exceptions. maybe read the NYS Alcohol Beverage Control Law as well as the Penal law before stating what the 'facts' on the law are. See NYS ABC Secs 65 & 65-c; NYS Penal Law Sec 260.20


Ok there F. Lee Baily. You might want to look into the laws governing those under 21 and having "any" alcohol in their bloodstream when behind the wheel of car. Which is exactly what the poster was referring to. Over 21, 1 beer no problem. Under 21, big problem. Look into it, you might learn something.


First off the original post I replied to did not say that "drivers" under the age of 21 couldn't have any alcohol in their bloodstream while opperating a motor vehicle, he simply said "In fact it is illegal for any kid to have alcohol in his system under 21" and that is simply wrong.

Secondly, the law you are referring too, called the 'zero tolerance law' is Vehicle and Traffic Law Sec 1192-a and applies to DRIVERS under the age of 21 with "any measurable alcohol" in there system defined as a BAC of .02-.07 (NOT .00). The section itself specifically says a violation is not a crime or offense, it merely opens the driver up to certain administrative penalties by the DMV. NOw have you learned something about being precise.


Easy F. Lee, go chase an ambulance...

Re: High School Lax Boys [Re: TommyM] #159473
04/12/16 09:14 PM
04/12/16 09:14 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A



Listen Speeding is illegal so is drinking and driving. For all you pot smokers, smoking pot is illegal also, regardless if you're minor or an adult. I don't care if you do it responsibly you are breaking the law.

Re: High School Lax Boys [Re: Anonymous] #159486
04/12/16 10:14 PM
04/12/16 10:14 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A



Originally Posted by Anonymous
Listen Speeding is illegal so is drinking and driving. For all you pot smokers, smoking pot is illegal also, regardless if you're minor or an adult. I don't care if you do it responsibly you are breaking the law.


And I'm sure you drove 55 on the LIE today. Stop with they holier than thou! Drinking and driving is only illegally if you are legally drunk, FYI!

Re: High School Lax Boys [Re: Anonymous] #159491
04/12/16 10:37 PM
04/12/16 10:37 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A



Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Listen Speeding is illegal so is drinking and driving. For all you pot smokers, smoking pot is illegal also, regardless if you're minor or an adult. I don't care if you do it responsibly you are breaking the law.


And I'm sure you drove 55 on the LIE today. Stop with they holier than thou! Drinking and driving is only illegally if you are legally drunk, FYI!


You really are blinded by the 420 your smoking. Zero tolerance buddy. You can not drink then drive. Period!!!! The fact that you are comparing smoking pot and speeding also shows your completely blinded by that magic bud. It's ILLEGAL!!!!!

Re: High School Lax Boys [Re: Anonymous] #159494
04/12/16 11:42 PM
04/12/16 11:42 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A



Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Listen Speeding is illegal so is drinking and driving. For all you pot smokers, smoking pot is illegal also, regardless if you're minor or an adult. I don't care if you do it responsibly you are breaking the law.


And I'm sure you drove 55 on the LIE today. Stop with they holier than thou! Drinking and driving is only illegally if you are legally drunk, FYI!


You really are blinded by the 420 your smoking. Zero tolerance buddy. You can not drink then drive. Period!!!! The fact that you are comparing smoking pot and speeding also shows your completely blinded by that magic bud. It's ILLEGAL!!!!!


Actually you can drink and dive as long as you're under .08. Since I'm not a big drinker, this allows me to drink and drive and be well within the law. Sorry you're wrong again pal!

Page 64 of 205 1 2 62 63 64 65 66 204 205



Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.1