BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,538
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 23 of 77 1 2 21 22 23 24 25 76 77
Re: High School Lax Boys
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
OK so a PUBLIC school teacher and AD are going to step down because some KIDS smoked a little weed? Holy cow, you must have a true prince sitting in your house. WOW, no glass houses here! How about, kicked off the team for being morons, done. Life goes on for everyone else. Get over your self dude. My God, in HS I drank some beers and had a blast with all the other guys on both the football team and lacrosse team. And GASP, some of them even smoked pot. Really, how judgmental can you be? Just an FYI, coaches and AD's are protected by a Union that will never allow them to step down much less be removed.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
mommy...why don't you just call school?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A couple are committed. That will be up to those schools to decide. I hope those kids do the right thing when that phone call comes from the coaches. It will really show what type of character they have. When the coaches of those schools call and ask how the season is going how do they answer.

Just hope lesson learned and they move on to better things. For the 2 time offender hope dad gets him help obviously lesson not learned

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Does anyone know of any rules regarding playing at both the varsity level and JV level in the same season?

Not sure of the rules, but it's fairly common. Technically, they are both considered "varsity". JV kids get brought up for playoffs every year and sometimes kids that get brought up before the season and don't play get sent back down (either by parent request of coach). The rules really only apply to anyone playing on a "varsity" team (JV or V) and going back down to play MS sports. That's not allowed.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don't see what the huge deal is... I used to smoke on the bench when I was younger..now I run bond trading at morgan

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think you can play both, but can't play in both games on same day.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anyone know of any rules regarding playing at both the varsity level and JV level in the same season?

This could be an outdated response and the rules may have changed, but the answer is it depends. A varsity team can call up JV at any point in the season (one game fill in or full extended period). At no point can a Varsity graded athlete (11th/12th) go back and play JV.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don't see what the huge deal is... I used to smoke on the bench when I was younger..now I run bond trading at morgan

But did you actually inhale?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Each school may have their own policies but, you can go back and forth between varsity and junior varsity. You are only limited in number of games. You are not allowed to play "extra" games

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Please let GC worry about their situation, please consider the kids family in all of this mess, not from GC. It could be your kid next.

There is a certain Mommy and Daddy who's son in on the GC team who openly allows boys to drink and smoke at their home. That is pathetic and they should be arrested. I hope their son was one of the boys suspended

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Please let GC worry about their situation, please consider the kids family in all of this mess, not from GC. It could be your kid next.

There is a certain Mommy and Daddy who's son in on the GC team who openly allows boys to drink and smoke at their home. That is pathetic and they should be arrested. I hope their son was one of the boys suspended

I have no doubt that what you are saying is true, but it's easier said than proven.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
wow... that's a very nasty thing to say. what is your agenda?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don't see what the huge deal is... I used to smoke on the bench when I was younger..now I run bond trading at Morgan

that's ok ..you'll be on the beach soon...

But did you actually inhale?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Parents not holding their children accountable is shameful. Not the kids.

Some of these boys are 18, Legal adults, I don't think smoking pot is that big of a deal, Hek it's legal in some states. They just should have used better judgment, did it outside of School sponsored events! Are you going to pretend these kids are not drinking either? You all did it when you were their age! When I was a HS senior we went out to lunch, had a beer, then went back to class, all legal back in the good old days. People way uptite about everything!

Drop the pipe dude. You gotta be kidding me!

Some of these boys are 18, Legal adults, I don't think smoking pot is that big of a deal, Hek it's legal in some states. They just should have used better judgment, did it outside of School sponsored events! Are you going to pretend these kids are not drinking either? You all did it when you were their age! When I was a HS senior we went out to lunch, had a beer, then went back to class, all legal back in the good old days. People way uptite about everything!

So I am guessing that when you were in HS and had a beer or two at lunch, you were walking or driving back to school?....sure all those folks that were on the road were happy that a 17/18 year old kid was on the roads after having a lunch beer or two...well done!

Ehhh? A beer does not make you drunk, perfectly legal to drive. Everything in moderation. Was never a pot smoker my self. Tried it but didn't care for it. I made that decision on my own, not because my parents forbid it. Was that you I saw at the restaurant the other night enjoying a bottle of wine, and then driving home? Don't see the crime here. It's the abusers who have ruined things for everyone else. And yea, I'm talking to you too lax mom too, driving around with your phone in your hand on the way to drop off you kid at the drivers safety course!

Way too many hypocrites in denial here. Why don't you worry about some real issues, like, who will run our country. The one in there now has admitted to drug use, and the others Husband former president never inhales. Bush was a huge user. All reached the pinnacle of success after some experimentation, even George Washington himself!. This is all silly! Half of those appalled are probably having their martini as I speak, getting ready to drive Jr. to lessons! As long as you are not putting others or yourself at harm, don't see the big deal!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So great to hear that every long island parent outside of GC is raising such perfect boy scouts and alter boys.

I have no doubt that what you are saying is true, but it's easier said than proven.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So I am guessing that when you were in HS and had a beer or two at lunch, you were walking or driving back to school?....sure all those folks that were on the road were happy that a 17/18 year old kid was on the roads after having a lunch beer or two...well done!

Ehhh? A beer does not make you drunk, perfectly legal to drive. Everything in moderation. Was never a pot smoker my self. Tried it but didn't care for it. I made that decision on my own, not because my parents forbid it. Was that you I saw at the restaurant the other night enjoying a bottle of wine, and then driving home? Don't see the crime here. It's the abusers who have ruined things for everyone else. And yea, I'm talking to you too lax mom too, driving around with your phone in your hand on the way to drop off you kid at the drivers safety course!

Way too many hypocrites in denial here. Why don't you worry about some real issues, like, who will run our country. The one in there now has admitted to drug use, and the others Husband former president never inhales. Bush was a huge user. All reached the pinnacle of success after some experimentation, even George Washington himself!. This is all silly! Half of those appalled are probably having their martini as I speak, getting ready to drive Jr. to lessons! As long as you are not putting others or yourself at harm, don't see the big deal!

To the fool who said he tried pot but didn't like it and stopped on his own not because his parents told him not to..I tried stealing didnt like it too much so I stopped doing it, not because my parents told me not to steal.. Now do you realize how dumb what you said is . The bottom line is that there are consequences for your action . If the school
Wants to suspend them for the rest of the season that is there choice. No ones opinion really matters. Saying it's only pot no big deal..give me a break . Next you will be approving heroin.these are life lessons and the kids will
Learn from this in the long run

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Parents not holding their children accountable is shameful. Not the kids.

To the fool who said he tried pot but didn't like it and stopped on his own not because his parents told him not to..I tried stealing didnt like it too much so I stopped doing it, not because my parents told me not to steal.. Now do you realize how dumb what you said is . The bottom line is that there are consequences for your action . If the school
Wants to suspend them for the rest of the season that is there choice. No ones opinion really matters. Saying it's only pot no big deal..give me a break . Next you will be approving heroin.these are life lessons and the kids will
Learn from this in the long run
[/quote]

Some people have addictive personalities. Nothing their parents do will change that. Lax players do not traditionally turn to heroin, but they are known for their pot smoking. Not hat it can't happen , but unlikely. These kids are living and learning just like we did. Stop pretending you are so innocent and let them grow up. These Garden City kids were just to stupid to realize that would be a bad time to party!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
FYI. There is no alcohol allowed for drivers under 21. In fact it is illegal for any kid to have alcohol in his system under 21
The problem is some kids have no chance in life with ignorant alcoholic or drug addicted parents God willing no parent has to get the call that some recent lax parents have gotten that their kid was the victim of drunk diving or died from a heroin or drug overdose . Being an athlete doesn't mean bad things will not happen. I have used the stupidity of a couple of foolish kids to remind my kids their bad chiices may have consequences

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nobody should be talking about the GC lacrosse team without knowing any facts or anything about the the players or the families because u bet that each family raised great sons who just made a terrible mistake. I bet the kids are being punished harshly at home and in school and they must be feeling very embarrassed. Everything all of you have written is bs because u don't know what's going on with these kids this situation and their families

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nobody should be talking about the GC lacrosse team without knowing any facts or anything about the the players or the families because u bet that each family raised great sons who just made a terrible mistake. I bet the kids are being punished harshly at home and in school and they must be feeling very embarrassed. Everything all of you have written is bs because u don't know what's going on with these kids this situation and their families

It's really not that deep or complicated. Pretty straight forward, no?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Let me say this. No one was surprised it happened. No one was surprised at who was involved. We the parents of GC are just surprised it took so long to happen.

Set an example so it does not happen again

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think most of you need to take a long draw on some fine mexican dirt weed and mellow the F%^& out, these people are going through [lacrosse] (and yes it is the kids own doing) but relax on your own moral judgments - if I can suggest a fine hybrid of Kentucky Bluegrass, Featherbed Bent and Northern California Sensemilia. The amazing stuff about this is, that you can play lacrosse on it in the afternoon, take it home and just get stoned to the bejeezus.

Hey Carl ,
It was so good to hear from you hope all is well.
Regards,
Gopher

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Good advice, Mr Rogers

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anyone listen to Mike and Mike in the morning. With the new rule for Football about the "No Satellite" camps in football will this or did this roll to lacrosse as well?

They are stated for football a program can not have a representative at another schools camp. the only time a representative for a school can be at a camp is when it is on their own campus.

I have been to plenty of lax camps and showcases where multiple schools were at. That is the lure for the few I had my son attend. It was the same for football a few colleges were always at the camps I attended.

It this a new general rule for all NCAA sports... or just football.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Let me say this. No one was surprised it happened. No one was surprised at who was involved. We the parents of GC are just surprised it took so long to happen.

i

I'm hearing rumblings that damage control is underway and the boys involved will receive just a few days suspension from practice. If this is the case, the AD should resign.. She has no control over any of the HS coaches most of who have been at GCHS for years. The programs are not nearly as successful as they were in years past or as they should/could be. Nepotism, favoritism,and plain old bulls$&@ are rampant on all varsiity teams. It's a disgrace to the community just like this situation is.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
i bet your son [lacrosse] up within the next year and u keep quiet about it...so keep hiding behind ur computer screen u keyboard warrior

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
FYI. There is no alcohol allowed for drivers under 21. In fact it is illegal for any kid to have alcohol in his system under 21
The problem is some kids have no chance in life with ignorant alcoholic or drug addicted parents God willing no parent has to get the call that some recent lax parents have gotten that their kid was the victim of drunk diving or died from a heroin or drug overdose . Being an athlete doesn't mean bad things will not happen. I have used the stupidity of a couple of foolish kids to remind my kids their bad chiices may have consequences

Not looking to chime in on the parenting/good kid-bad kid issues, just the law. Call it a pet peeve if you will but misstating the law drives me nuts. There is absolutely no statute in NY that criminalizes the mere fact that someone under the age of 21 has alcohol in their blood. the laws have to do with selling or serving alcohol to persons under 21 as well as possession with intent to consume. Additionally their are exemptions for parents - yes you can give you own child or ward alcohol - and those supervising educational classes where alcohol consumption is part of the course (say a college wine tasting course or a course in the police academy that demonstrates the effects of alcohol) as well as religious exceptions. maybe read the NYS Alcohol Beverage Control Law as well as the Penal law before stating what the 'facts' on the law are. See NYS ABC Secs 65 & 65-c; NYS Penal Law Sec 260.20

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So if you are a GC parent you must know these kids and their parents. The fact that ur bad mouthing them in an annonymous website is pretty pathetic. Your son is probably friends with them and as I've heard more then the kids who got caught were involved. Maybe your son was one of them eek. Quit bad mouthing kids you've known for 17 years and you should apologize because ur a grown adult who needs to find morals. Your either a stay at home mom or a BSD.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No offense I think your wrong

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
These kids have serious balls and if u ask me what legends! AD across the hall coach down the hall and they were trying to get a little high? Who gives a [lacrosse]. Listen the kids are probably well respected and just like to have a little fun! They are paying the price let them live!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So if you are a GC parent you must know these kids and their parents. The fact that ur bad mouthing them in an annonymous website is pretty pathetic. Your son is probably friends with them and as I've heard more then the kids who got caught were involved. Maybe your son was one of them eek. Quit bad mouthing kids you've known for 17 years and you should apologize because ur a grown adult who needs to find morals. Your either a stay at home mom or a BSD.

B_O_T_C Offline OP
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
I am appalled at some of the responses here about the "incident". Somehow I have to think that there is an agenda for some of them if the kids get thrown off of the team OR out of school.

I would like to point out to these nasty individuals that their little angels are not perfect either and that it is very possible that their turn will come.. or worse even.

How can you throw stones at people?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Bet your son F***s up within the next year so I would keep quiet keyboard warrior

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by lilaxfan

Not looking to chime in on the parenting/good kid-bad kid issues, just the law. Call it a pet peeve if you will but misstating the law drives me nuts. There is absolutely no statute in NY that criminalizes the mere fact that someone under the age of 21 has alcohol in their blood. the laws have to do with selling or serving alcohol to persons under 21 as well as possession with intent to consume. Additionally their are exemptions for parents - yes you can give you own child or ward alcohol - and those supervising educational classes where alcohol consumption is part of the course (say a college wine tasting course or a course in the police academy that demonstrates the effects of alcohol) as well as religious exceptions. maybe read the NYS Alcohol Beverage Control Law as well as the Penal law before stating what the 'facts' on the law are. See NYS ABC Secs 65 & 65-c; NYS Penal Law Sec 260.20

Don't Nassau/Suffolk have social host laws too? So it is legal to give alcohol to your own kid but not legal to allow others, right?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ok there F. Lee Baily. You might want to look into the laws governing those under 21 and having "any" alcohol in their bloodstream when behind the wheel of car. Which is exactly what the poster was referring to. Over 21, 1 beer no problem. Under 21, big problem. Look into it, you might learn something.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Don't Nassau/Suffolk have social host laws too? So it is legal to give alcohol to your own kid but not legal to allow others, right?

Completely illegal and parents can and probably will be arrested. Additionally, you will held civilly responsible for anything those people do after they leave your home.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think the entire situation is unfortunate and I'm sure everyone involved wishes it had never happened. It did though and I believe some sort of punishment has to be given - whether it's suspension for a week or from a game or two, whatever. Otherwise what message is being sent to the boys involved and the rest of the school/high school sports community?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think you sound a little ignorant sitting behind your little keyboard. As a parent of the team you expecting kids on the team to fail with drugs is extremely embarrassing. From what I've heard there were more involved and some got away with it, which easily could have been your kid. Maybe you should just hope your little angel whos never done anything bad in his life isnt next. Because I can tell you first hand as someone very familiar with these kids, your son probably had a blunt in his mouth after the loss last Saturday night, as 90% of the kids on the team did.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lets face it GC parents your kid smokes pot, and if he doesn't smoke pot the only reason is because you uptight do gooders probably tell him how awful it is for your body when you have no clue what you are talking about. A little pot never hurt anyone, only enhances your childhood.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You think jahelka would ever let this happen?

Page 23 of 77 1 2 21 22 23 24 25 76 77

Link Copied to Clipboard