BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,813
Posts387,292
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Re: Long Island Liberty Lacrosse
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Congratulations to the following Class of 2012 players from the Long Island Liberty on their college placements. Enjoy your final summer before heading to your collegiate locations! Good luck!

Charlotte Avallone- Manhasset HS – Lafayette
Kaitlin Brown- Port Washington Schreiber HS – Marist
Aileen Carey- Sacred Heart- Quinnipiac
Chrissy Commons- Port Washington Schreiber HS – Hofstra
Becky Conto- Sacred Heart- Hofstra
Nina Corcoran – Sacred Heart- University of Pennsylvania
Sarah Coutier- Kellenberg – Siena
Cara Dellavecchia- North Shore HS – George Washington
Amanda Johansen- North Shore HS – USC
Hayley Kerr- Port Washington Schreiber HS – USC
Kristen Lynch – Wesleyan University
Halle Majorana- Manhasset HS – University of Maryland
Catherine McTiernan- Garden City HS – University of Richmond
Rory Sadoff – University of Massachussets-Amherst
Emma Salter- Sacred Heart- Marquette

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by CageSage
Congratulations to the following Class of 2012 players from the Long Island Liberty on their college placements. Enjoy your final summer before heading to your collegiate locations! Good luck!

Is that it?

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Originally Posted by Anonymous

Is that it?

What is your point? Because the way I'm reading it seems pretty condescending and I don't understand why.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Is that it?

Nice response. What a tool.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Is that it?

Good list. But I also thought there was a kid from Liberty going to Virginia Tech?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No offense to the children but when I was a kid growing up in the City, we often played pick up games of "street baseball" or stickball as some of you may know it. The biggest difference between this game and the real game of baseball was that you had to make up all these special rules to account for cars, trees, phone wires, etc. That is exactly what girls lacrosse is like. There are so many stupid made-up rules that there is absoulutley no flow to the game. Most of the goals are scored after a "timeout for bad behavoir" in front of the goal. You could not devise a more ridiculous sport from scratch if you tried. Obviously lots of passion here with all these vicious comments back and forth and the real tragedy is that most parents never heard of the sport even just a few years ago but all too many see it as a quick way to get the kids into the right college and so they brainwash their kids that this is such a great game and that keeping up with the joneses is acceptable behavoir. What a boring game! What a shame!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No offense to the children but when I was a kid growing up in the City, we often played pick up games of "street baseball" or stickball as some of you may know it. The biggest difference between this game and the real game of baseball was that you had to make up all these special rules to account for cars, trees, phone wires, etc. That is exactly what girls lacrosse is like. There are so many stupid made-up rules that there is absoulutley no flow to the game. Most of the goals are scored after a "timeout for bad behavoir" in front of the goal. You could not devise a more ridiculous sport from scratch if you tried. Obviously lots of passion here with all these vicious comments back and forth and the real tragedy is that most parents never heard of the sport even just a few years ago but all too many see it as a quick way to get the kids into the right college and so they brainwash their kids that this is such a great game and that keeping up with the joneses is acceptable behavoir. What a boring game! What a shame!

Thanks for chiming in. The game is obviously not for you, so why would you even be on a thread dedicated to it? BTW you come across as a complete jacka$$. Go worry about your own kids since you have it figured out.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I find it funny that this person comes on this thread to complain about all the "vicious comments", I think other threads would have been a better choice. As far as girls lax being boring in comparison to BASEBALL, really ? He wants to say Baseball is more exciting, a sport where on the defensive side a position player could go multiple games and never touch the ball, and waiting for a pitcher to finally throw the ball is like watching paint dry. And on offense , to be considered successful you have to get a hit 3 out of 10 ? The weatherman is more accurate than that. As far as made up rules, how about the strike zone ? thats about as subjective as a cheerleading competition . In my humble opinion the only thing more boring than Baseball is waiting in my doctors waiting room.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not sure but I think the point is that the girl's game has way too many arbitrary (and dumb) rules. I might have to agree. Let'em put some pads on and play the real game. As it stands right now, it looks more like fake Quidditch. Now maybe that's an idea..... if they can't make the college lax team maybe they can be a star on the Quidditch team..... OR, if they could only find some flying lax sticks, the girl's game would be more fun to play and watch.... have a sense of humor will ya!

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not sure but I think the point is that the girl's game has way too many arbitrary (and dumb) rules. I might have to agree. Let'em put some pads on and play the real game. As it stands right now, it looks more like fake Quidditch. Now maybe that's an idea..... if they can't make the college lax team maybe they can be a star on the Quidditch team..... OR, if they could only find some flying lax sticks, the girl's game would be more fun to play and watch.... have a sense of humor will ya!
Actually the girls game is closer to the original game, making the girls game the real game

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have sons and daughters that all play lax, I actually find the girls game much more pure than the boys. I don't like whistle happy refs and the rules could use some tweaking, but the girls game is much more fluid than the boys free for all check fest. Please don't argue, its an opinion!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Actually the girls game is closer to the original game, making the girls game the real game

The girls game is actually better in some respects than the boys game because it showcases their athleticism more. Just like basketball. The big difference is the "dumb rules"! Imagine a basketbal player driving to the basket and getting fouled while putting up a great shot that goes in and it doesn't count? Then you put the player on the 3 point line for a shot while everyone can collapse on you as you are shooting. You actually get it in again, but you are fouled again,. You line up for another chance and you miss and the other team gets possession!! It is comical. How do grown adults let this rule stay in the game?? It takes away the credibility of the game. To say that this somehow protects the girls more is an even dumber thought process. The girls have nothing to lose by fouling when a girl has an open shot! Let the goal stand with possession and you will see less fouls for sure.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agree with above statement. In fact, it is smart to coach girls to foul. You can erase a goal and then re-position and prevent shot. Let the goal stand!!! Would also love to see just one ref. reward a girl for defense. Refs are clueless on good defense and just blow whistle and set up on the eight. you see some girls lower their shoulder and go to goal. Worse case scenario is a direct. Call three seconds and work on understanding a charge.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Agree with above statement. In fact, it is smart to coach girls to foul. You can erase a goal and then re-position and prevent shot. Let the goal stand!!! Would also love to see just one ref. reward a girl for defense. Refs are clueless on good defense and just blow whistle and set up on the eight. you see some girls lower their shoulder and go to goal. Worse case scenario is a direct. Call three seconds and work on understanding a charge.

Amen to that! If I had a dollar for every shooting space violation that was iffy at best...

Sometimes I still get confused about what is being called and why in girls lacrosse. Mystery calls.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Totally agree with this one . I am a woman's game official ,if their game goes to helmets ,and is played like the men's game I along with most of my fellow officials are walking away.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
congratulations on your strong showing at the u15 Florida tournament ,you guys played great and came out on fire for 3 rd place and never gave up.From what I could tell a bunch of nice kids.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sorry we beat you TG.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Sorry we beat you TG.

Hey now, that was a good game and it looked like Liberty was taking it at first half.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Powderfinger
Sorry we beat you TG.

Hey now, that was a good game and it looked like Liberty was taking it at first half.
thank you, good game and good team you have

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Powderfinger
Sorry we beat you TG.

thank you, good game and good team you have

Too bad none of ya can run with the YJs. And you know it!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That was written by a TG parent

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

TG parents respect the liberty and are the first to say what a good game the bronze game was. The girls were all sports and very respectful and if you were there you would agree.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
how can we run with YJ, most of them are out of the game by halftime.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looks like enough of them stayed in the game to defeat your team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looks like enough of them stayed in the game to defeat your team.

Pretty funny because when we played skywalkers in Virginia they has 3 players out on cards while all of ours were on the field.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

TG parents respect the liberty and are the first to say what a good game the bronze game was. The girls were all sports and very respectful and if you were there you would agree.

the original post about how well liberty played in Florida was a YJ parent but funny no one would think so. The semi final game was a fun game to watch very close from beginning to end,

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

the original post about how well liberty played in Florida was a YJ parent but funny no one would think so. The semi final game was a fun game to watch very close from beginning to end,
Thanks to the Top Guns parents and players for showing how classy and respectful your club is. First half was ours, second was yours. A one goal game is about all either side could have asked for , and I think both clubs are proud of there girls. If a Yellow Jacket parent has something nice to say about our club,thank you. Good luck to both clubs and I truly hope your clubs can overcome any issues either real or perceived. I truly believe all 3 clubs have very talented players and all the chest pounding and pointing to commitment lists does nothing but scar the image of Long Island girls Lacrosse. To any Sky Walkers parents that might be reading these posts, your girls are truly awesome, and even though we only got to play you once the game was also exciting and close, and your girls were friendly and very classy. I am looking forward to our girls playing all three teams in the future.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As a parent who has a daughter who just completed her freshman year at a top D1 school let me tell you that all the crazy bickering tossed around by parents is left at the curb by all of your fabulous daughters. Club affiliation means nothing to them so hats off to your complimenting of other clubs it seems our daughters are right there with you.Enjoy the rest of the summer ! This will most likely upset some but I am a YJ parent who appreciates good lacrosse and good people. Don't let the actions and postings of a few drag all of us into the mud. Thank you to you and all of your daughters for another great summer of lacrosse.

Originally Posted by libertydad

Thanks to the Top Guns parents and players for showing how classy and respectful your club is. First half was ours, second was yours. A one goal game is about all either side could have asked for , and I think both clubs are proud of there girls. If a Yellow Jacket parent has something nice to say about our club,thank you. Good luck to both clubs and I truly hope your clubs can overcome any issues either real or perceived. I truly believe all 3 clubs have very talented players and all the chest pounding and pointing to commitment lists does nothing but scar the image of Long Island girls Lacrosse. To any Sky Walkers parents that might be reading these posts, your girls are truly awesome, and even though we only got to play you once the game was also exciting and close, and your girls were friendly and very classy. I am looking forward to our girls playing all three teams in the future.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Per BOTC Tryouts Forum policy, Commercial Tryout postings require the club to contact BOTC prior to posting material.

Online application and paper application will be posted soon.

Last edited by CageSage; .
Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just wondering if anyone has an opinion on the 2016 Black team vs. other club teams in the same age group.... ie. Yellow Jackets and Top Guns.. Thanks.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just wondering if anyone has an opinion on the 2016 Black team vs. other club teams in the same age group.... ie. Yellow Jackets and Top Guns.. Thanks.

In the past the Liberty has been competitive with those teams but still a level below the top teams in that age group.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does Liberty allow walk ups at tryouts. I cannot seem to find this on their website.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does Liberty allow walk ups at tryouts. I cannot seem to find this on their website.

I believe they do for an extra fee

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did it ever occur to you or anyone else on these forums.....that not all club programs are all about the money.!!!!!! Liberty Carries 20-22 players per team while YJ and TG carry 24 players. GREED!!!!!!!!!! Some of these kids barely play.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
that post was three months ago. was your computer locked up?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did I miss something?

Is Liberty Free? Is this program operated and coached by volunteers?

20, 22, or 24 players not a big difference...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did I miss something?

Is Liberty Free? Is this program operated and coached by volunteers?

20, 22, or 24 players not a big difference...
Let me ask you this : if you have a 10% discount coupon in your hand, do you use it? If you have a 20% discount coupon in your hand, do you use it?

22 over 20 is 10% .... 24 over 20 is 20% .... someone is scooping those funds and it surely is not coming back as a discount. As Sage likes to say, think about it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is Liberty Free?

Who are we to tell other people how to run their business?

If you do not like the way an organization is run, you can choose to go to another club.

I am amazed by people who want to tell business owners how much money they can earn.

Why don't you start a club, charge no money and only have 18 on the roster?

Like Reply Quote
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard