BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 15 of 75 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 74 75
Re: 2016 Women's College Lacrosse Season
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
SB

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NU was 14-2 against Stony Brook on the draws and won by 1.
She is very good on the draws!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous

Yes she is becoming one of the best in the nation. NU offense is playing at a higher level the last 2.5 games. They have a great coaching staff and it shows. They are getting better. They still turn the ball over too much and their defense, while decent, is not elite. Their goalie is outstanding tho and just a freshman.

If they reach the NCAA quarter finals or deeper, I would say this is another statement that Amonte-Hiller and staff are one of, if not the, best in the business.

The prospects of them making the tournament just went up quite a bit w the win today.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
SB

Not buying this Stirring the pot

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes she is becoming one of the best in the nation. NU offense is playing at a higher level the last 2.5 games. They have a great coaching staff and it shows. They are getting better. They still turn the ball over too much and their defense, while decent, is not elite. Their goalie is outstanding tho and just a freshman.

If they reach the NCAA quarter finals or deeper, I would say this is another statement that Amonte-Hiller and staff are one of, if not the, best in the business.

The prospects of them making the tournament just went up quite a bit w the win today.

Ok Coaches mommy. You have to be family or such a%# kissing would have made you vomit. 6-6 is average. And that is what the team is.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ok Coaches mommy. You have to be family or such a%# kissing would have made you vomit. 6-6 is average. And that is what the team is.

Average compared to what? Is ND better than them? They have a 10-4 record? How about your beloved SB, they r 9-3? You don't seem to understand that your schedule matters and teams have vastly different sets of opponents. NU is better than an "average" team by a wide margin.

And it "coach's" numb nuts. And before u whine about lame pointing out typos etc., I'm not. I'm pointing out that you are dumb, which is obvious I guess. So get angry at me for pointing out the obvious.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think that we can officially stop with the Hofstra winning CAA or somehow moving in the right direction, 20-8 loss to JMU today and 6 of the goals were scored by the grad student from UNC doesn't leave much to hang your hat on going forward

Hofstra will not win another game this season. Who's going to score next season when the grad student leaves ?

I feel bad for the girls in the team, they have no choice but to finish out the season but I wouldn't be surprised if they don't return. The chemistry isn't there, and nobody wants to play for a mean nasty blame everyone but yourself coach. That loss was humiliating to everyone but the graduate ballhog. With verbals speaking to other coaches I don't see Hofstra progressing until an experienced staff is hired. But don't worry SS, I hear Princeton is looking for a men's coach

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think that we can officially stop with the Hofstra winning CAA or somehow moving in the right direction, 20-8 loss to JMU today and 6 of the goals were scored by the grad student from UNC doesn't leave much to hang your hat on going forward

Hofstra will not win another game this season. Who's going to score next season when the grad student leaves ?

I feel bad for the girls in the team, they have no choice but to finish out the season but I wouldn't be surprised if they don't return. The chemistry isn't there, and nobody wants to play for a mean nasty blame everyone but yourself coach. That loss was humiliating to everyone but the graduate ballhog. With verbals speaking to other coaches I don't see Hofstra progressing until an experienced staff is hired. But don't worry SS, I hear Princeton is looking for a men's coach

Didn't they just extend her contract too. I guess playing reputation only goes so far. When you actually have to put in the work, she comes up short. Her club is sinking as is her college team. Couldn't happen to a nicer (extreme sarcasm) person.

Back of THE CAGE
Online Content
Back of THE CAGE
IWLCA Poll for Division I, April 11
Rank Team Record Points First Previous
1 Maryland 12-0 400 20 1
2 Florida 12-1 376 2
3 North Carolina 11-2 364 3
4 Syracuse 11-3 340 4
5 Louisville 12-2 298 6
6 USC 13-0 295 7
7 Notre Dame 10-4 285 5
8 Stony Brook 9-3 241 9
9 Stanford 9-2 217 10
10 Penn State 9-3 190 8
11 Princeton 8-2 177 11
12 Northwestern 6-6 172 13
13 Duke 9-5 159 15
14 Virginia 7-6 157 13
15 Ohio State 11-1 138 18
15 Boston College 7-6 138 11
17 Penn 8-3 110 16
18 Towson 9-2 68 17
19 Massachusetts 11-1 39 19
20 Johns Hopkins 8-6 19 20

Back of THE CAGE
Online Content
Back of THE CAGE
IWLCA Poll for Division II, April 11
1 Adelphi 10-0 400 20 1
2 Le Moyne 10-0 380 2
3 LIU Post 9-2 359 3
4 Rollins 12-1 326 4
5 Mercyhurst 12-1 310 5
6 Lindenwood 11-2 293 6
7 West Chester 12-1 278 7
8 Florida Southern 11-3 265 8
9 Grand Valley State 7-3 245 9
10 New Haven 8-3 215 10
11 Limestone 10-2 214 11
12 Dowling 10-1 167 13
13 Lock Haven 10-2 154 12
14 Queens 11-2 139 14
15 Regis (CO) 10-1 127 15
16 Indiana (PA) 8-5 75 19
17 Mount Olive 10-4 67 17
18 Bentley 6-5 66 18
19 East Stroudsburg 11-3 45 20
20 Stonehill 5-5 25 16

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
Back of THE CAGE
Online Content
Back of THE CAGE
IWLCA Poll for Division III, April 11
1 Cortland 10-0 400 20 1
2 Middlebury 10-0 380 2
3 College of NJ 11-1 351 3
4 Salisbury 13-1 334 4
5 Franklin & Marshall 11-1 320 5
6 Gettysburg 10-1 314 6
7 Amherst 7-2 270 7
8 Bates 10-2 240 9
9 Colby 8-2 239 8
10 Trinity (CT) 9-2 231 10
11 Hamilton 7-3 193 11
12 Brockport 9-0 186 12
13 St. Mary's (MD) 13-2 148 14
14 Mary Washington 11-3 125 13
15 Christopher Newport11-2 123 15
16 [lacrosse] 9-5 86 17
17 Tufts 6-5 73 16
17 St. John Fisher 11-1 73 18
19 Messiah 6-4 37 19
20 Union 7-2 13 NR

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If #1 Adelphi played #20 Hopkins what's the final score?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hopkins 18-4

Back of THE CAGE
Online Content
Back of THE CAGE
Hopkins 18-4

Maybe more.

#8 Florida Southern (D2) lost to #11 Hamilton (D3) 9-8. Not a fair comparison but interesting nonetheless.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hopkins 18-4

Easy. Not even a game.

The Florida Southern result is a fine data point. Florida Southern lost to Adelphi 16-10. Also lost to D3 #11 Hamilton 10-9. Adelphi is closer to a top D3 team than to a top 20 D1 team.

There is nothing wrong with that, but I don't understand some parents' need to be so unrealistic about their daughter's/daughter's team's ability. They are playing D2 for a reason. And it's fine. Leave it at that.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have no dog in this fight, but that is one A-hole of a comment. I guess your kid is a leading scorer on a top 20 team. Go to an Adelphi game and tell the parents that.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have no dog in this fight, but that is one A-hole of a comment. I guess your kid is a leading scorer on a top 20 team. Go to an Adelphi game and tell the parents that.

tell them what? The stupid question of Adelphi playing Hopkins as if that was something interesting to ponder is at issue here. I have no dog in this fight either A-hole of a responder. Not only are the Hopkins girls a better team of lax players by far, they are also at a FAR better school. How do you like that?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hopkins 18-4

Easy. Not even a game.

The Florida Southern result is a fine data point. Florida Southern lost to Adelphi 16-10. Also lost to D3 #11 Hamilton 10-9. Adelphi is closer to a top D3 team than to a top 20 D1 team.

There is nothing wrong with that, but I don't understand some parents' need to be so unrealistic about their daughter's/daughter's team's ability. They are playing D2 for a reason. And it's fine. Leave it at that.

Adelphi would beat Hofstra right now

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hopkins 18-4

Easy. Not even a game.

Adelphi would beat Hofstra right now

They might. But now you are talking about the 74 ranked team in D1 and a team that lost to Hopkins 17-3. Hopkins could have named the score in that one. A monumental difference. And while you were just taking a shot at Hofstra, you also made the point about Adelphi as well. They are not too dissimilar to Hofstra, not a flattering comparison at the moment.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not sure you can say that about D2!!
Can not answer for this season BUT I would say for the past seven years or so Post and Adelphi would be very competitive D1 teams. Not saying top 10 but they have been good teams and have been involved in all D1 fall ball events. (have done good)
I have watched D1 games and I will not say the teams but the only D1 thing about them is their school!
I do think you have to get over the D1 , D2 , D3 thing, all have very good players yes more in the Top D1 teams but these girls are all over the place.
Watched Adelphi play Hofstra in fall ball two years ago at Manhasset and beat them BAD!
I think they also beat two other D1 teams that day and I have not seen them there the last two years.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Here's a better question:

Who would win Adelphi or Middlebury?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
who's stronger Batman or Superman ? Didn't see the movie

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The talent on the bottom 50 D1 programs is really lacking and top D2 and even D3 schools would do just fine against them. Parents love saying my kid plays D1 and top D2 and D3 parents love saying their kid could compete in D1. Both sides have a bit of a complex

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Average compared to what? Is ND better than them? They have a 10-4 record? How about your beloved SB, they r 9-3? You don't seem to understand that your schedule matters and teams have vastly different sets of opponents. NU is better than an "average" team by a wide margin.

And it "coach's" numb nuts. And before u whine about lame pointing out typos etc., I'm not. I'm pointing out that you are dumb, which is obvious I guess. So get angry at me for pointing out the obvious.

Obviously average at 6 - 6 Coach's Mommy. Keep the chapstick handy!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You really are an idiot. You obviously have a kid who was second fiddle to some kid who goes to NU and it just kills you. Give it a rest ,everyone knows they are a solid program and are a threat to beat anyone .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nope, just don't like a@$ kissers who can't admit what they really are.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The talent on the bottom 50 D1 programs is really lacking and top D2 and even D3 schools would do just fine against them. Parents love saying my kid plays D1 and top D2 and D3 parents love saying their kid could compete in D1. Both sides have a bit of a complex

So now we are talking bottom 50 D1 so teams 57-107. Ok. now that is a COMPLETELY different argument to the original question posed here, which was how would Adelphi do against Hopkins. The answer again is, they would get destroyed. Enough already. It has nothing to do with parents wanting to say "my kid plays D1". Hopkins is WAY better than Adelphi at lacrosse and academics. OK??? Can we move on now. The answer was simple.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So now we are talking bottom 50 D1 so teams 57-107. Ok. now that is a COMPLETELY different argument to the original question posed here, which was how would Adelphi do against Hopkins. The answer again is, they would get destroyed. Enough already. It has nothing to do with parents wanting to say "my kid plays D1". Hopkins is WAY better than Adelphi at lacrosse and academics. OK??? Can we move on now. The answer was simple.

OK angry man, what would you like to ponder?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not angry. Laughing at the silliness. What I would like to ponder is how in 10 years, LI will be a pimple on the landscape of women's college lacrosse, and how you will be unable to deal with that.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That would be the last thing i would be worrying about in 10yrs

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not angry. Laughing at the silliness. What I would like to ponder is how in 10 years, LI will be a pimple on the landscape of women's college lacrosse, and how you will be unable to deal with that.

hmm 10 years?? that's about how long posers like yourself (lemme guess, your daughter plays in the Jersey or Pennsylvania bush leagues?) have been making that same prediction about LI lacrosse. Dream on poser

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow a couple of simple thoughts to try and spur some discussion went sour pretty quick. It all started with saying the bottom 50 teams in D1 are weak and that there is some decent lacrosse being played in D2 and D3. Thought maybe some people outside the D1 top 10 would chime. I for one think the top D3 programs can compete with a lot of bottom D1's. After Maryland and handful of others the talent is pretty even

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow a couple of simple thoughts to try and spur some discussion went sour pretty quick. It all started with saying the bottom 50 teams in D1 are weak and that there is some decent lacrosse being played in D2 and D3. Thought maybe some people outside the D1 top 10 would chime. I for one think the top D3 programs can compete with a lot of bottom D1's. After Maryland and handful of others the talent is pretty even

It's more than "a handful of others". But yes, beyond team 60 in the D1 rankings it gets less clear. The way you are stating it implies that a top D3 program would compete well with teams that would simply be way out of their league on a lax field. Draw the line where you want, but it isn't at Maryland and a handful of others. If you say Maryland and 59 others, now you may be getting somewhere near a valid point.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How is Stonybrook ranked so high? They played 4 top teams and lost to 3 of them. What am I missing? All the other games they are supposed to win. Anyone have a clue? Makes no sense.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How is Stonybrook ranked so high? They played 4 top teams and lost to 3 of them. What am I missing? All the other games they are supposed to win. Anyone have a clue? Makes no sense.

Just looked think the, beating Stanford by 10 probably is a reason , in addition other teams that were above them lost while they have been winning impressively! That one is easy but if you look at the RPI Ratings released on NCAA website it has Towson at 4 with NO top 20 wins ! Also some other teams such as Duke have a few good wins but have also lost to teams NOT ranked at all

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Probably a couple 1 goal losses to top teams one to the #2 team and a huge win over a very good Stanford team. Other than Maryland think this years tournament can be fun Seems everyone is beating everyone go a few weeks without a loss and climb the charts not saying it's righ or wrong just giving my opinion

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Probably because none of those losses were a blow out? 2 of the 3 games were 1 goal games. Losses to be sure but not exactly definitive.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hello NU apologist, lets hear todays excuses...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don't think excuses are needed when a team loses to a top 5 team. A team that by the way is 14-0 and slapped SB around just a few weeks back.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
People of all the threads, Let's keep this one as our kids are grown up.

Page 15 of 75 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 74 75

Link Copied to Clipboard