BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,564
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 22 of 77 1 2 20 21 22 23 24 76 77
Re: High School Lax Boys
B_O_T_C Offline OP
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
I am just warning everyone here that there will be no finger pointing or name calling.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Kids need to be off the team and if the school wants to really set an example they will ask the coach to step down as it is his responsibility.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Kids need to be off the team and if the school wants to really set an example they will ask the coach to step down as it is his responsibility.

Why don't you really set an example and fire the AD who was also on the trip with them... Come on, really. So it's now the coach's responsibility to parent his players as well? I guess it is the teacher's fault when Johnny gets a failing mark on his test as well. This lies solely on the players and the parents in this situation. Case closed.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I post the statement on the coach should also be held accountable. Yes totally agree this lies on the kids, thye are off the team no question, all I'm saying is the coach has to take some responsiblity here. It is his team, his kids, this is HS they should know better, but something has to be done. I understand that at least one of the kids has similar trouble in football and the lax coach is also the football coach common on, he has to take some fault here. But kids are gone, no way they can be back on the team. No the teachers is not responsilble for a kid falling, but if a kid is struggling he better make sure he/she is doing everything he/she can do to help that kid, unless the student jsut does not give a crap, than no that lies on the student. Trust me I'm a educated and there are alot of teachers who jsut don't car and put the time. I take it to me to make sure I do my best to make sure every student can pass the their test and some students need more. If there is trouble on a team than who takes the reponsiblity.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Parents not holding their children accountable is shameful. Not the kids.

Some of these boys are 18, Legal adults, I don't think smoking pot is that big of a deal, Hek it's legal in some states. They just should have used better judgment, did it outside of School sponsored events! Are you going to pretend these kids are not drinking either? You all did it when you were their age! When I was a HS senior we went out to lunch, had a beer, then went back to class, all legal back in the good old days. People way uptite about everything!

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I post the statement on the coach should also be held accountable. Yes totally agree this lies on the kids, thye are off the team no question, all I'm saying is the coach has to take some responsiblity here. It is his team, his kids, this is HS they should know better, but something has to be done. I understand that at least one of the kids has similar trouble in football and the lax coach is also the football coach common on, he has to take some fault here. But kids are gone, no way they can be back on the team. No the teachers is not responsilble for a kid falling, but if a kid is struggling he better make sure he/she is doing everything he/she can do to help that kid, unless the student jsut does not give a crap, than no that lies on the student. Trust me I'm a educated and there are alot of teachers who jsut don't car and put the time. I take it to me to make sure I do my best to make sure every student can pass the their test and some students need more. If there is trouble on a team than who takes the reponsiblity.
This has got to be a kid posting.... If not, sounds like you may have lit a splif yourself before posting this jumbled nonsense.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This has got to be a kid posting.... If not, sounds like you may have lit a splif yourself before posting this jumbled nonsense.

LMFAO. If this is a kid, his school district gets an F.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Some of these boys are 18, Legal adults, I don't think smoking pot is that big of a deal, Hek it's legal in some states. They just should have used better judgment, did it outside of School sponsored events! Are you going to pretend these kids are not drinking either? You all did it when you were their age! When I was a HS senior we went out to lunch, had a beer, then went back to class, all legal back in the good old days. People way uptite about everything!

Drop the pipe dude. You gotta be kidding me!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How will this play out with intended college spots? Do college coaches drop these guys?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can not believe what i am reading. IT IS ILLEGAL TO SMOKE POT PERIOD !!!
Lapse in judgement, parents fault excuses excuses. Everyone is doing it really. If they have not been caught then how can you say they are doing it. These kids got caught doing something ILLEGAL. So it proves they are doing it. Done end they are all off the team. They were on a trip where the Head Coach is responsible for all of the players from the time they leave the school until the time they return. How did 6 players disappear from the team in order to do this. What if one of those kids decided to steal a car which is illegal but others do it and gets in a crash. I would bet everything those same GC parents would blame the Coach and school and lawyer up. Clear example of making excuses instead of making them take responsibility. To say all lax players do it is wrong. As far as I know D1 still drug test players. Have not heard of anyone getting the boot. I would like to think most kids take their sports seriously and would not jeopardize themselves or their team and stay away.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why is this about class-warfare? The idea that parents are blaming the coaches, the AD or other players, couldn't be further from the truth. One can only imagine the feelings of disappointment, embarrassment, worry, etc. that they must be experiencing this weekend. I have worked in school systems in both Nassau and Suffolk and I can tell you from experience that (sadly) drug and alcohol use amongst teenagers is rampant and transcends all races and social classes. Most parents try to prepare their kids to make the right choices. Unfortunately good people sometimes make bad choices. And I agree that there should and will be consequences but please refrain from being so self-righteous,. Every parent will have to catch their child when they fall at some point in life.

Kids caught smoking pot. Don't worry, parents will lawyer up and the entitled kids will be back on the field in no time... Shameful

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why is this about class-warfare? The idea that parents are blaming the coaches, the AD or other players, couldn't be further from the truth. One can only imagine the feelings of disappointment, embarrassment, worry, etc. that they must be experiencing this weekend. I have worked in school systems in both Nassau and Suffolk and I can tell you from experience that (sadly) drug and alcohol use amongst teenagers is rampant and transcends all races and social classes. Most parents try to prepare their kids to make the right choices. Unfortunately good people sometimes make bad choices. And I agree that there should and will be consequences but please refrain from being so self-righteous,. Every parent will have to catch their child when they fall at some point in life.

Kids caught smoking pot. Don't worry, parents will lawyer up and the entitled kids will be back on the field in no time... Shameful
Well said!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'd like to know how many of you Drank alcohol and or smoked pot in HS? Not saying it's right, just what kids do, and in my opinion the worst offenders have parents in denial, thinking their kid is an angel! Teach them responsible use in moderation while you have a chance, before they go to college and make poor choices!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There was an issue in GC with the football team. Kids were also removed from team. I see a pattern??? Maybe same kids?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes it was the same six, same hotel and room.You are a loser.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'd like to know how many of you Drank alcohol and or smoked pot in HS? Not saying it's right, just what kids do, and in my opinion the worst offenders have parents in denial, thinking their kid is an angel! Teach them responsible use in moderation while you have a chance, before they go to college and make poor choices!

First of all teaching them responsible use? Are you serious? What are you advocating? Sitting with your kids and smokin a joint? Doing shots?

Both are illegal according to the law.

You see the difference was, back in the day I know my parents had a zero tolerance policy, made sure as [lacrosse] didn't do something as boneheaded as bringing drugs on a school sanctioned event. The wrath from parents was way worse than what school would have dished out.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have my own opinion about this unfortunate situation in GC, I am keeping it to myself (as should all of you) I am using it as a learning experience and conversation started with my kids.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No the losers are the rest of the team that those players let down. They deserve everything coming there way. Hard lesson but maybe it will help them in the long run. I just hope AD and school does the right thing.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wait, the LOSERS are the rest of the team? The players who did nothing? What a jerk you are. Really you need to go jump off a bridge you angry little troll.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My heart goes out to their parents. They are the ones who truly know exactly what is at stake.

I am a city kid who moved to LI to give my children a better life. Lacrosse is a part of that life. It is because of lacrosse that my son is attending a phenomenal school -- he will graduate and get a tremendous job -- all while playing the game he loves.

I am sure those parents lectured their sons about the dangers of drugs, drinking, bullying, texting while driving, unprotected sex, the list goes on.....

However, their sons are boys. No matter how many school assemblies they attended, how many times they saw stories on the news, they did not believe they would be caught --- why??? Because they are just boys.

I am not making excuses. I am not condoning their actions. I believe they should have consequences.

I am sad for their parents. I am sure, they are loosing sleep over this.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My heart goes out to their parents. They are the ones who truly know exactly what is at stake.

I am a city kid who moved to LI to give my children a better life. Lacrosse is a part of that life. It is because of lacrosse that my son is attending a phenomenal school -- he will graduate and get a tremendous job -- all while playing the game he loves.

I am sure those parents lectured their sons about the dangers of drugs, drinking, bullying, texting while driving, unprotected sex, the list goes on.....

However, their sons are boys. No matter how many school assemblies they attended, how many times they saw stories on the news, they did not believe they would be caught --- why??? Because they are just boys.

I am not making excuses. I am not condoning their actions. I believe they should have consequences.

I am sad for their parents. I am sure, they are loosing sleep over this.

Well said!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wait, the LOSERS are the rest of the team? The players who did nothing? What a jerk you are. Really you need to go jump off a bridge you angry little troll.

I think he means it in the sense that the rest of the team "lost" here, that they're also paying for the crimes of a few.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree with you. All kids will drink or try things, but when parents have a zero tolerance policy I think that makes a big difference. Nowadays parents will let kids drink in their home, or by beer for them bc they want to be their kids friend. That is selfish of the parents. The kids have their own friends. Parents need to be parents. Obviously the kids who got caught during football season then sued the district to let him play in the lax season was sent the wrong message. There is zero accountability. It's really a shame for the rest of the boys on that team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

First of all teaching them responsible use? Are you serious? What are you advocating? Sitting with your kids and smokin a joint? Doing shots?

Both are illegal according to the law.

You see the difference was, back in the day I know my parents had a zero tolerance policy, made sure as [lacrosse] didn't do something as boneheaded as bringing drugs on a school sanctioned event. The wrath from parents was way worse than what school would have dished out.

BINGO... yes I am advocated to scare the leaving [lacrosse] out of the kid. Do what you want behind closed doors that a cop from 1970 -80 would say okay just know your limits..

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So I am guessing that when you were in HS and had a beer or two at lunch, you were walking or driving back to school?....sure all those folks that were on the road were happy that a 17/18 year old kid was on the roads after having a lunch beer or two...well done!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That is the GC way. Your kid gets in trouble and they lawyer up. Good lesson to teach your kids. And of course the school folds immediately. Not the first time won't be the last.

Hey GC kids if your parents ever decide to discipline you just want to let you know you can lawyer up for emotional distress or abuse. Your defense would be you are not use to taking responsibility for your actions.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
lawyer up? you actually believe that people can sue a school to have kid on team? come on.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That is the GC way. Your kid gets in trouble and they lawyer up. Good lesson to teach your kids. And of course the school folds immediately. Not the first time won't be the last.

Hey GC kids if your parents ever decide to discipline you just want to let you know you can lawyer up for emotional distress or abuse. Your defense would be you are not use to taking responsibility for your actions.

You sure have a huge chip on your shoulder about GC. Might want to tone it down a bit. You come across as an idiot. You think you know what goes on in someone else's home? The boys did a monumentally stupid thing. They got caught and will pay the price. And they should. You may have to eat humble pie someday. Most teens something stupid at some point in HS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

think the fumes from you repainting your boat in the driveway are getting to you...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So I am guessing that when you were in HS and had a beer or two at lunch, you were walking or driving back to school?....sure all those folks that were on the road were happy that a 17/18 year old kid was on the roads after having a lunch beer or two...well done!

Ehhh? A beer does not make you drunk, perfectly legal to drive. Everything in moderation. Was never a pot smoker my self. Tried it but didn't care for it. I made that decision on my own, not because my parents forbid it. Was that you I saw at the restaurant the other night enjoying a bottle of wine, and then driving home? Don't see the crime here. It's the abusers who have ruined things for everyone else. And yea, I'm talking to you too lax mom too, driving around with your phone in your hand on the way to drop off you kid at the drivers safety course!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I LOVE WHEN YOU ZANY CHAMINADE PARENTS DEBATE ON THIS SITE!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not actually sure if they had a lawyer because the school folds so fast it never gets that far. All they need to hear is the word lawyer. One of these dads is a lawyer so lets see how the meeting goes today.

Fair punishment ??
1. Kicked off team for remainder of season
2. suspended until playoffs when they are needed
3. suspended a few games
4. since school sanctioned suspended from school few days
5. Head Coach steps down
6. AD steps down
7. Both step down
8. Nothing happens boys will be boys

All things I heard

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think most of you need to take a long draw on some fine mexican dirt weed and mellow the F%^& out, these people are going through [lacrosse] (and yes it is the kids own doing) but relax on your own moral judgments - if I can suggest a fine hybrid of Kentucky Bluegrass, Featherbed Bent and Northern California Sensemilia. The amazing stuff about this is, that you can play lacrosse on it in the afternoon, take it home and just get stoned to the bejeezus.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not actually sure if they had a lawyer because the school folds so fast it never gets that far. All they need to hear is the word lawyer. One of these dads is a lawyer so lets see how the meeting goes today.

Fair punishment ??
3. suspended a few games
5. Head Coach steps down
6. AD steps down
7. Both step down

All things I heard

Not my kids, not my business. Not my district. Nobody's business except the school, the parents, the coach and the players.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
look up the word YENTA....that will explain these trolls

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How do you know? No repercussions were even handed out yet.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Fair punishment ??
3. suspended a few games
5. Head Coach steps down
6. AD steps down
7. Both step down

All things I heard
In every district to play a sport you have to sign a drug and alcohol or some code of conduct document to participate. This document also should list the penalties. If the student athlete signed it then he/she is subject to the consequences if caught in violation. No?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I get it. Kids make mistakes. Made plenty myself while growing up.

Feel bad for the other players on the team.

Hope that none of the kids in trouble were committed, which puts even more in jeopardy.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How do you know? No repercussions were even handed out yet.

Numerous reports have said they were dismissed from the team? Is that not true?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anyone know of any rules regarding playing at both the varsity level and JV level in the same season?

Page 22 of 77 1 2 20 21 22 23 24 76 77

Link Copied to Clipboard