BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,545
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 13 of 46 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 45 46
Re: High School Lax Girls
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Anyone have feelings on who's looking good for B this playoff season? Manhasset, GC, Wantagh, Long Beach, Southside, Roslyn, Plainedge? Any surprises so far? Anyone else worth mentioning?

Where is Roslyn?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone have feelings on who's looking good for B this playoff season? Manhasset, GC, Wantagh, Long Beach, Southside, Roslyn, Plainedge? Any surprises so far? Anyone else worth mentioning?

Where is Roslyn?

LIE Exit 37.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
CANT BLAME DEFENSE WHEN YOU LOSE AND DO NOT SCORE GOALS
YOU HAVE TO SCORE
AND I AGREE WITH THE CAROL ROSE STATEMENT SHE HAS KILLED TEAMS PADDED STATS AND IS VERY UNSPORTSMANLIKE
I AM GLAD MY KID DOES NOT PLAY FOR HER

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That CR BS is so far from the truth! NPT did not even beat anyone by 20 and those making this crap up must really be bored out of their minds. Wish CR coached my kid.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That CR BS is so far from the truth! NPT did not even beat anyone by 20 and those making this crap up must really be bored out of their minds. Wish CR coached my kid.

Write a check and she will coach your kid!

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
CANT BLAME DEFENSE WHEN YOU LOSE AND DO NOT SCORE GOALS
YOU HAVE TO SCORE
AND I AGREE WITH THE CAROL ROSE STATEMENT SHE HAS KILLED TEAMS PADDED STATS AND IS VERY UNSPORTSMANLIKE
I AM GLAD MY KID DOES NOT PLAY FOR HER
k

Stop shouting - it's ridiculous. And where does it say the defense was blamed? The poster blamed the coaches. I agree. And how did CR get involved in this?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What little respect I had for official stat keeping went right out the window today. I watched a girl get credit for an assist after she won a draw control, turn and pass to a girl at the restraining line, who ran 25 yards to the goal and scored.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Huntington got their clocks cleaned by Rocky Point!

And now Rocky Point knows how Huntington feels after getting taken behind the woodshed by BBP.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What little respect I had for official stat keeping went right out the window today. I watched a girl get credit for an assist after she won a draw control, turn and pass to a girl at the restraining line, who ran 25 yards to the goal and scored.

The number of steps is irrelevant if the scorer didn't have to evade a defender.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Where is Roslyn?

You are putting Roslyn up here with Manhasset, wantagh, garden city, CSH? You are aware we are talking about HS Girls Lax? Right?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any of the top varsity programs have any noticeable depth on jv ....seems garden city is on the decline ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

if the shooter does not get any defensive pressure after receiving the pass she can run 100 yards and it is in fact an assist.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The number of steps is irrelevant if the scorer didn't have to evade a defender.

Taken directly From US LAcrosse website:

3. ASSIST: An assist is a play made by a player to her teammate who then scores a goal without having to evade excessive defensive pressure other than the goalkeeper. Only one assist per goal may be recorded.
The guideline to award an assist includes two parts: there must be a pass made to the recipient; and the recipient must take a shot. If the passer (potential assister) is able to move the ball to a teammate (recipient), who has maneuvered for a good or more advantageous position to take a shot, then the passer can be awarded with an assist. If the shooter, after receiving the ball from her teammate (passer/potential assister) must outrun or maneuver around any excessive defensive pressure before shooting, no assist can be awarded. It is not necessary for the shooter to possess the ball for a specific length of time, nor must the shooter limit the number of steps taken after she receives the ball for a shot. The only deciding factor, after the recipient receives a pass from her teammate, is the amount of pressure the recipient (shooter) had to evade to put her into a position for the shot, if any.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]What's going on at Massapequa

They have they best 8th grader in the country, the rest of the team needs work.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

In the country is a stretch, on LI maybe as the talent here is peaking, however with that being said there are some under the radar 8th grade powerhouses coming out of LI real soon, Be warned.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Where has she comitted to? What college?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thanks Mom!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We brought them in from Russia. They are in eighth- grade 6' tall and hairy. All of these power houses will be playing for Long Island clubs this summer.
You have been warned.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Where has she comitted to? What college?

Are you guys talking about the goalie or the kiddie?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How many show up for this? Is it as fixed as the Brine? Would like to know who evaluators are

How many show up is based on how many are nominated by their HS coach. Can't comprehensive School girls to Brine. Brine will take anyone that can catch, throw and has a check.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That's hysterical! Lol

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

In the country is a stretch, on LI maybe as the talent here is peaking, however with that being said there are some under the radar 8th grade powerhouses coming out of LI real soon, Be warned.

This is a very subjective topic based on opinion. What makes a great player? The ability to go to goal hard, heavy and usually successful....then a case can be made. Others may look for all around players, scrappiness, field vision....then you may disagree. In any event a very subjective topic open to opinion and best left alone.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Middie.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Contrary to some popular opinions on this site, there seem to be a number of 7th and 8th graders that are having a very positive impact on their teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
True, any of them on really good teams?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Contrary to some popular opinions on this site, there seem to be a number of 7th and 8th graders that are having a very positive impact on their teams.

Not in one of the towns. 1 is doing well on defense but the other is clearly over her head. She also alienated herself from her team by calling out another player on IG. Maturity is important and she's not there yet.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
True, any of them on really good teams?

great point

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What's the situation on a coach that does little subbing and you are getting hammered as a team? My daughters first year playing for varsity and the coaches do not sub al all.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What's the situation on a coach that does little subbing and you are getting hammered as a team? My daughters first year playing for varsity and the coaches do not sub al all.

Welcome to most teams. That's why many schools have zero talent after the top handful of girls. They don't spread the ball around when they are winning or losing big. The top girls are just there to pad the resumes for college since they got recruited with their club team, everyone else.... who cares

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well that's depressing... How is the team going to get better? And what happens when the other girls graduate?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not in one of the towns. 1 is doing well on defense but the other is clearly over her head. She also alienated herself from her team by calling out another player on IG. Maturity is important and she's not there yet.

What is IG? And how would you know if a kid alienated herself, 8th graders shouldn't be hanging out with the juniors and seniors anyway.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Welcome to most teams. That's why many schools have zero talent after the top handful of girls. They don't spread the ball around when they are winning or losing big. The top girls are just there to pad the resumes for college since they got recruited with their club team, everyone else.... who cares

You just described both side of the WB-Islip game yesterday. Islip doesn't sub at all when they clearly should. Girls on the field have trouble catching and throwing. While on the other side, WB made subs but it wasn't for the girls that constantly shoot. It was for the 2nd level players on their team. When 2 girls account for 10 of your 18 goals, maybe sub them out instead of a girl that barely touches the ball?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What is IG? And how would you know if a kid alienated herself, 8th graders shouldn't be hanging out with the juniors and seniors anyway.

I would assume IG is Instagram

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

7th graders. And, yes, I agree.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well that's depressing... How is the team going to get better? And what happens when the other girls graduate?

Nobody cares. This is todays Lacrosse, the most selfish game around. This once great team game has been hijacked by people only in it for profit and scholarship

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Kid must have a set of she thinks she's good enough to call out an older girl on the team. Coach should send her back to the MS team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Where is this?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If the younger girls are playing varsity, they are hanging out with the upperclassmen everyday at practice, meetings, bus rides, games, etc.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Club parents would their 7th or 8th grader hang around with Satan if it playing varsity and getting that verbal

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Kid must have a set of she thinks she's good enough to call out an older girl on the team. Coach should send her back to the MS team.

Are you kidding me... Was the girl right? That is the only question.. Who cares the age! Idk if 7 or 12 if a girl needs to be called out then do so... A true born leader of it was even semi warrented

Page 13 of 46 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 45 46

Link Copied to Clipboard