BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,586
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 27 of 144 1 2 25 26 27 28 29 143 144
Re: Long Island Express Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Express orange 2015 beat Dukes , Get it right.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Write it down today. Jesters will beat Igloo in spring 2013.

Oh yeah?!?!
My Dad can take yours anyday!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Team Igloo just announced their tryouts in September, my son wants to tryout for them. They seem like a quality program.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Express orange 2015 beat Dukes , Get it right.

Excuse me. Orange 2015 lost to NXT at Tristate in the playoffs. Dukes won the championship. Does this not count?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you think a quality team is when you tell your team to fall down so that they can run out the clock! The parents are horrible and the Coaches are babies! Although they are probably the best team on long island this year, other will be finding players so that igloo will not win every tournament next year!

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you think a quality team is when you tell your team to fall down so that they can run out the clock! The parents are horrible and the Coaches are babies! Although they are probably the best team on long island this year, other will be finding players so that igloo will not win every tournament next year!

That's team igloo I'm referring too!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Totally understand if your frustrated with loosing to Team Igloo. They are a quality team. But lets not forget that your talking about 9 year old kids. They ARE STILL BABIES. When they get hurt they cry, they fall down. Your comment speaks for itself; and the type of person you are. The kids on Team 91 are good kids, and so are the kids on Team Igloo. Both sets of kids respect each other and that to me was the biggest take away from this entire year. That kids could be more grown up the some of the parents, like yourself who focus on trivial things like this instead of all the good things.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Igloo's coaches are awesome and so are the parents. That's quite an accusation about telling the team to fall down to run out the clock?! Sounds like you'll find any excuse to put down an outstanding lacrosse team. Go team Igloo!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does LI Express use any Parent Coachs?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I said igloo was the best third grade lacrosse team, which is why I find it ridiculous that such a good team has to use cheater tactics to win. They are teaching the boys to fall to run out the clock. I don't see how this makes the coaches great!

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
hello, express thread!!! 3rd grade igloo and 91 play in your own sand box by your pools.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I see Igloo is now having tryouts for their 2021 to be U10 and looks like starting a U9 2022 team. Can I ask a logical question to see if anyone knows, didn't get a response from the Igloo contact. If the to be U10 team has been together for a number of years and having great success, what are these tryouts for $100 for? Are the starting another team or looking to fill 1 or 2 spots on their 2021 team?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Will gladly leave this thread but unfortunately I don't have a pool next to my sandbox.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
how do you know they're teaching they' re boys to lay down?? do you know someone on the team? I think you are just a sore loser!
IGLOO ROCKS keep up the great work coaches

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
We are all very happy that you Love Igloo Lax. I am sure that all the people involved are great. It looks like that you are going to increase the number of teams you are fielding next year, good for your organization. Maybe one day you will be the next LIE. But is there any way you can register Team Igloo for their own Blog?? That way you can get all the crazies that every other Team Blog gets, annd we don't have to ead about it on the LIE blog. Thanks and good luck in the future of the Igloo.... smile

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I see Igloo is now having tryouts for their 2021 to be U10 and looks like starting a U9 2022 team. Can I ask a logical question to see if anyone knows, didn't get a response from the Igloo contact. If the to be U10 team has been together for a number of years and having great success, what are these tryouts for $100 for? Are the starting another team or looking to fill 1 or 2 spots on their 2021 team?
all these clubs are big money makers, as you stated the teams are already pretty much set, maybe looking for 1-2 diamonds in the rough, but will take everyone's money

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
4 days of tryouts for 3rd and 4th grade team IGLOO.? Must show up 4 times? Are you people serious?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son really wants to tryout for them, so I had to call. Spoke with the coach and he said its a 100 dollars because it is a four day tryout ($25 a day it breaks down it; not that bad) and they are hiring independent evaluators so that everyone has a fair shot of making the team, and it gives kids more time to be confident during the tryout. The guys seemed very concerned about the kids ability to feel comfortable so that the kids could do their best. I thought that was refreshing.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ridiculous!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agreed. 3rd and 4th graders, two sessions tops. If you've still got bubble kids, invite only those kids back for a third.
4 days of tryouts for 3rd and 4th grade team IGLOO.? Must show up 4 times? Are you people serious?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Still no posting of dates & times for Express tryouts. It would be funny if they didn't hold a tryout (especially for older grades) and did a invited placement type thing. Granted there would be loads of $$ left out there by not doing a tryout but it would be different!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
$1800 for 3 tournaments was ridiculous. How much are they going to charge this year?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Still no posting of dates & times for Express tryouts. It would be funny if they didn't hold a tryout (especially for older grades) and did a invited placement type thing. Granted there would be loads of $$ left out there by not doing a tryout but it would be different!

Website says they will be poted soon. Wonder if they will be on the same weekend as all the other teams or if they will be earlier.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So all the below teams posted their tryouts already,
Outlaws
Trueblue
Pride
Jesters
Team LI

All EXCEPT EXPRESS! I think its funny as heck! I respect that Express doesn't follow the routine of all these other clubs. They stand alone.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by laxfan14
what does extra travel have to do with the higher fees. they charge more to make more. The express orange teams are the only teams that are worth the money. If you play for blue, white, or any other color you are just making a donation.

I assume they are paying the coaches hotel rooms and maybe some travel fees when playing out of town. That's a cost you don't have when playing on the island.

Good strategy, maybe the want all their kids to delay committing to other teams if they tryout by Express holding their tryouts after all the other major teams are done. That would put a wrinkle in other teams locking down their rosters until mid October...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by laxfan14
what does extra travel have to do with the higher fees. they charge more to make more. The express orange teams are the only teams that are worth the money. If you play for blue, white, or any other color you are just making a donation.

I assume they are paying the coaches hotel rooms and maybe some travel fees when playing out of town. That's a cost you don't have when playing on the island.

Good strategy, maybe the want all their kids to delay committing to other teams if they tryout by Express holding their tryouts after all the other major teams are done. That would put a wrinkle in other teams locking down their rosters until mid October...

You don't delay committing. You either commit or they move on to another kid. Why you try out for ta team and not commit if you made the one you want??? Almost a definate express tryouts will the same weekend as the others or earlier.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Express tweeted that tryouts will be tweeted today, finally!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can Anyone Tell Me when tryouts for the express girls 2016 team is?

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Can Anyone Tell Me when tryouts for the express girls 2016 team is?

Details can be found by contacting the Express organization or their website.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Express tryouts posted - $100 for two two hour session is how I read it. Really? So 91 is $55 and express is $100 - at least igloo give you 4 sessions for $100. Taking a quick survey - which is worth it express or 91 or any of the others? Really - $100 tryout? What am I buying for $100 - $200 more and I can send my son to anyon great camp and get more focus and skill training. Really $100 to tryout format team which is not really a tryout since they will take almost all decent players and have
4 teams - why turn away money.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Express tryouts posted - $100 for two two hour session is how I read it. Really? So 91 is $55 and express is $100 - at least igloo give you 4 sessions for $100. Taking a quick survey - which is worth it express or 91 or any of the others? Really - $100 tryout? What am I buying for $100 - $200 more and I can send my son to anyon great camp and get more focus and skill training. Really $100 to tryout format team which is not really a tryout since they will take almost all decent players and have

DON'T GO TO THE TRYOUT. Obviously this program is not for you. Stop whining, you are not going to get Barak's ear on this.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Read the fine print for 91 you only need to go to one but if you want to go to both you may sign up again which means pay again

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Read the fine print for 91 you only need to go to one but if you want to go to both you may sign up again which means pay again

Good thinking, chose your club based on the cost of the tryout...if your son makes a team you will be paying $3-$4,000 for a year of lacrosse. That will be a complete waste of money if you have a bad coach and it will be money well spent if you have a good dedicated coach...regardless the $50 extra dollars you spent wont much matter. This may sound absolutely crazy but perhaps the clubs are charging more than last year b/c the fields cost more, insurance costs more, they are getting independent evaluators etc. Perhaps some clubs genuinely feel that a mutltiple day tryout allows the kids to get more comfortable and gives the evaluators a better look at the kids.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well said. If it's such a bad deal why is it every year the Express tryouts draw the most kids.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
When you register for the tryout it doesnt give a choice of day I am sure that both days are included in the $100. Not to mention the fee is what the fee is you either want your child to play Express or you don't.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Express listed 5summer tournaments for 4th grade up. What will the tournament situation be for 3rd grade in 2013? Will there be 5 also or will they be doing like 91 2nd grade and have a reduced tuition for the younger kids?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by LaxMom1310
Express listed 5summer tournaments for 4th grade up. What will the tournament situation be for 3rd grade in 2013? Will there be 5 also or will they be doing like 91 2nd grade and have a reduced tuition for the younger kids?

I have a 3rd grade son that is a decent laxer...I have spent some time looking at the options...as best I can tell all of the programs cost about the same, some are all-inclusive and some are a la carte. Look what Igloo is offering for 3-4 graders...fall league play and practice, winter league play and practice, spring league play and pratice plus summer practice and 5 tournaments plus a great package of gear. Igloo even lays out the cost per item...take that information and compare it to what you get elsewhere. dont be fooled by cheaper programs chances are they arent offering off-season training, or league play is additional etc.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Mustangs give him the fields for free. Little or no insurance, Evaluators all on payroll already. it is 95% profit. Please stop the BS.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How does the Town of Oyster Bay let the fields be used for free in this economic environment ?
The town of oyster bay gets a bond downgrade and one of the reasons was because of declining revenue.
Charge for the fields. This will add some revenue.
All the club teams should be paying for the fields.
It seems Express has the Massapequa fields locked up. Why is that?
Do they have any of the other Town of Oyster Bay fields for tryouts?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Same story every year.

Like Reply Quote
Page 27 of 144 1 2 25 26 27 28 29 143 144
Quick Reply