BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,610
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 12 of 46 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 45 46
Re: High School Lax Girls
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Do bad coaches ever realize that they are doing more harm than good? When was the last time a coach resigned for the good of the program? Do they ever look in the mirror and admit that they really don't know what they are doing?

Bahahahah, you're kidding, right? That would NEVER happen. All coaches believe they are doing the right thing for the good of the team. Or that they're doing the best they can for as much as they care and, hey, it's a paycheck and I've got this gig for as long as I want it.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Do bad coaches ever realize that they are doing more harm than good? When was the last time a coach resigned for the good of the program? Do they ever look in the mirror and admit that they really don't know what they are doing?

How do you define doing more harm than good? Is it win/loss record? Strategy? Ability to motivate players? Willingness to "change it up" if their first strategy is not working?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How do you define doing more harm than good? Is it win/loss record? Strategy? Ability to motivate players? Willingness to "change it up" if their first strategy is not working?

Get the ball to Shannon and get out of the way

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nassau playoff grouping is a joke. Every year in B you give it to GC, Manhasset or last year Wantagh and in C CSH needs to win two games by about 20 goals in each game. Only A is competitive.

Regular season is much better where teams have the guts to ask in to the power division

CSH just lost to Syosset so you may want to rethink that ranking.

If you don't think CSH is going to win their two "C" playoff games by two touchdowns then you aren't watching. They could play their middle school team and win "C"

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nassau "C" is a cake walk. For any above average team.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nassau "A" isnt much better, two teams at best

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

In our district it would be all of the above and then some. Over the years our coach has proven time and time again that she does not have the ability to lead a team. Wins and Losses is only a part of the problem.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Bahahahaha! If I had a "Shannon" on my team, I would want the ball in her stick too! You tell me one coach on Long Island that thinks differently. AND, I can say there is a lot more coaching on that team then just "Shannon" getting the ball. Someone sounds sour!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We have the same problem in our district but i fear that people are afraid to speak up bc she is also a teacher in our school. She has no control over the girls and she puts some of the "Problem girls" on a pedestal. has no clue about lax, but tauts that she knows SO much. It's sad for all the girls who just want to play, the game has become over played and under coached. The players at some of these high schools know more than the coaches and the coaches ego's are too big to accept any insight.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We have the same problem in our district but i fear that people are afraid to speak up bc she is also a teacher in our school. She has no control over the girls and she puts some of the "Problem girls" on a pedestal. has no clue about lax, but tauts that she knows SO much. It's sad for all the girls who just want to play, the game has become over played and under coached. The players at some of these high schools know more than the coaches and the coaches ego's are too big to accept any insight.
Says another travel parent

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What's going on at Massapequa?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Traffic by the mall, long lines at All American burger, and open lanes at Massapequa Bowl. What's on your mind?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

they're not a good team! Same as the past few years

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
teachers get first choice.
Read their contract, it is their job if they want it.
Thank God for the youth programs and travel teams. The funny part is that the coaches think they did this and built this program. Anybody can say the right thing BUT can you teach it?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They have an 8th grader that is lights out. Possibly best on LI

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The goalie is great! I agree!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any insight on the surprising 10-4 CSH v GC game? Is CSH up that much this year or is GC down?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any insight on the surprising 10-4 CSH v GC game? Is CSH up that much this year or is GC down?

Out coached - no surprise
http://www.newsday.com/sports/high-...ource=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Congrats to the CSH goalie

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
CSH goalie put on an absolute show. 13 saves on 17 shots. Held GC to 1 goal until 6 minutes left. She was a huge difference maker. Draws were heavily in CSH's favor too - their draw girl was excellent.

I agree with the above response - GC was completely out coached. Why wouldn't you pull your goalie earlier after barely any saves? And what about face guarding the CSH played who had 3G, 4A and basically puts up half of CSH's points every game ? Makes no sense.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
GC down all over

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Dont blame this one coaching, GC was outplayed in every aspect of the game!!! Congrats to CSH they were awesome.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone have feelings on who's looking good for B this playoff season? Manhasset, GC, Wantagh, Long Beach, Southside, Roslyn, Plainedge? Any surprises so far? Anyone else worth mentioning?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
you people have no clue

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hey the girls that make AA are not only scorers , look at the teams that sub and dont win games by 15+
Mr=Mrs Rose are the coaches that love to pad stats

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is the CSH goalie going to Boston College?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Dont blame this one coaching, GC was outplayed in every aspect of the game!!! Congrats to CSH they were awesome.

GC was outplayed in the first half and out coached all game. The CSH goalie outplayed everyone the entire game. Great day for CSH following a tough loss earlier in the week. I wouldn't count GC out just yet.

Chief Admin
Chief Admin
Hey the girls that make AA are not only scorers , look at the teams that sub and dont win games by 15+

Ahhh, Ms. Rose...another bully, and another money grabber. I think when Donald Trump made some of of his comments about women he had to have had Carol Rose in mind smile

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anyone know who the Long Island Coaches for School Girls are this year, tryouts are next Sunday.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Will Be no surprises. Wantagh, Manhasset and GC

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They have an 8th grader that is lights out. Possibly best on LI

Thanks Dad!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Larry Miller

Ahhh, Ms. Rose...another bully, and another money grabber. I think when Donald Trump made some of of his comments about women he had to have had Carol Rose in mind smile

Honestly have no idea what the heck either of you are talking about.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
CSH goalie put on an absolute show. 13 saves on 17 shots. Held GC to 1 goal until 6 minutes left. She was a huge difference maker. Draws were heavily in CSH's favor too - their draw girl was excellent.

I agree with the above response - GC was completely out coached. Why wouldn't you pull your goalie earlier after barely any saves? And what about face guarding the CSH played who had 3G, 4A and basically puts up half of CSH's points every game ? Makes no sense.

You are a moron , first to single out a kid to be pulled out of the game makes you look like a [lacrosse]. Second you scored 4 goals but you only talk as if the defense lost the game. Not going to win too many high school games if your offense plays like that.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How many show up for this? Is it as fixed as the Brine? Would like to know who evaluators are

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who cares who the coaches are?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Larry Miller

Honestly have no idea what the heck either of you are talking about.

What type of A-hole coach wins by 20? Anybody can do that but very few do and she is one of them.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How about some credit for the csh defense. Goalie getting all the credit for the win, did goalie get all the blame for the loss the other day? Team game

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You are a moron , first to single out a kid to be pulled out of the game makes you look like a [lacrosse]. Second you scored 4 goals but you only talk as if the defense lost the game. Not going to win too many high school games if your offense plays like that.

Who said the defense lost the game? Outcoached is what I keep seeing. And I agree.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don't think it was the GC goalies fault at all - I think it was the team in general was off and unfortunately the goalie was left with little help. I think of it as more of a mercy thing to give her a break at least. Definitely did not mean that in a negative way but I see how it could come off that way - I apologize. Both GC goalies are excellent, but yesterday was just an off day and CSH also has some very impressive shooters.

Agree with the offense comment - turning the ball over so often is putting way too much pressure on their D.

I'm looking forward to seeing how to GC- St. Ants game goes this weekend. I bet GC will come out flying.

And for the record I am from neither team - I was there watching friends kids play from both teams.

Page 12 of 46 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 45 46

Link Copied to Clipboard