BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,545
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 7 of 28 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 27 28
Re: Boys 2020
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
if I'm not mistaken those kids were still either in 8th grade or just finished 8th grade. Prior to and after that game they played on a 2019 team. Cheap win by sandbagging. The July 4th game against 91 showed just what the Crabs are capable of without Holdbacks.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
LOL. At that tournament, the Crabs were the only ones who put up any kind of fight against 91.

I saw the Crabs this fall and they have reloaded. Would be shocked if 91 could beat either Crabs or Looney's right now.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Show me the rule that the Crabs have broken. If it's a grade based event or league, no rules have been broken.

Keep crying.

They broke a rule at beaxch lax...

"Placement on a grade based team (2020, 2021, 2022, 2023, 2024 and 2025) is dictated by the highest grade of any player on the team."

Their holdbacks were in 8th grade playing on what was at the time, a 7th grade team.

RM admitted to it as well , pretty sad

Nice try. That was a summer event. Those kids on the team were all Rising 8th graders. If you dislike holdbacks, that's one thing. No rule was broken.

No it was not summer for everyone- the LI kids were all still in school for another few weeks and were current 7th graders, not yet rising 8th graders. PLUS, those kids that choose to repeat a grade and play down with the 2020 team had never officially entered a repeated grade. Anyone could say they were repeating a grade- but until the kid takes a step into the school and the same grade again (quite ridiculous), it is not official. Maybe this will be the next trend to manipulate a system- who is to stop kids from gaming the system in the summer and saying they are going to repeat a grade? You can even register a kid and they can back out right before September. Would not put it past a certain club to do so.

Again, another thing other sports get right- you cannot add kids here and there for any game or tourney- a roster is set until next year's try outs.

Unfortunately, what you are whining about is not the facts.

You can hate the Crabs (we have nothing to do with them), but that is not rule breaking. Why not direct your attention at the other 20+ teams that have holdbacks?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I can name your 12 holdbacks with initials if you'd like. Nah..no need to resort to your lows. Cheating or bending rules is part of sports. Eventually some coach or organization goes to far and then penalties roll down. Look at UNC basketball. They've been violating NCAA rules for years. Most don't know anything about it until it hits the press. UNC is about to get crushed with penalties. CRABS is youth lax that wants to keep the reputation of being best MD lax club. They are driving holdbacks to increase their chances.

I love how everyone brushes over the 19-8 win by 91 Crush on national TV. The win is important do to the fact it was a tournament and game where birth certificates were checked and verified. When you consider that, awful showing for the crabs.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I can name your 12 holdbacks with initials if you'd like. Nah..no need to resort to your lows. Cheating or bending rules is part of sports. Eventually some coach or organization goes to far and then penalties roll down. Look at UNC basketball. They've been violating NCAA rules for years. Most don't know anything about it until it hits the press. UNC is about to get crushed with penalties. CRABS is youth lax that wants to keep the reputation of being best MD lax club. They are driving holdbacks to increase their chances.

I love how everyone brushes over the 19-8 win by 91 Crush on national TV. The win is important do to the fact it was a tournament and game where birth certificates were checked and verified. When you consider that, awful showing for the crabs.

I love how everyone points to that game as if it somehow defines the Crabs 2020 team. (A true sign of jealousy by the way) Since they started the team in 6th grade they have played every great team multiple times (unlike others who pop off on this forum) and are probably something like 60-5 overall....By the way, college coaches wont give a s*it this summer how old anyone is. Only the jealous dads of other teams care about this.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Show me the rule that the Crabs have broken. If it's a grade based event or league, no rules have been broken.

Keep crying.

"Placement on a grade based team (2020, 2021, 2022, 2023, 2024 and 2025) is dictated by the highest grade of any player on the team."

Their holdbacks were in 8th grade playing on what was at the time, a 7th grade team.

Nice try. That was a summer event. Those kids on the team were all Rising 8th graders. If you dislike holdbacks, that's one thing. No rule was broken.

No it was not summer for everyone- the LI kids were all still in school for another few weeks and were current 7th graders, not yet rising 8th graders. PLUS, those kids that choose to repeat a grade and play down with the 2020 team had never officially entered a repeated grade. Anyone could say they were repeating a grade- but until the kid takes a step into the school and the same grade again (quite ridiculous), it is not official. Maybe this will be the next trend to manipulate a system- who is to stop kids from gaming the system in the summer and saying they are going to repeat a grade? You can even register a kid and they can back out right before September. Would not put it past a certain club to do so.

Again, another thing other sports get right- you cannot add kids here and there for any game or tourney- a roster is set until next year's try outs.

You can hate the Crabs (we have nothing to do with them), but that is not rule breaking. Why not direct your attention at the other 20+ teams that have holdbacks?
Hopefully, this will put an end to this because it is painful to read. The argument is this - is it ethical to do? The response from Crabs et al is well, we are not doing anything illegal. Hopefully your ethics and morals will rise to the top sooner rather than later. I wish you Godspeed.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Funny how nobody from Madlax is refuting that they used a 2019 player last weekend on their 2020 team. That is big time cheating.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Funny how nobody from Madlax is refuting that they used a 2019 player last weekend on their 2020 team. That is big time cheating.

I saw someone say its crazy and can you prove it. Please describe the kid who you think was a 2019. Because they did not play one.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They played a 2018 on their 2019 team last summer. It is ok because he is going to PG.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You guys are all fighting for second. Team 91 will spank Crabs, even with holdbacks. They underestimated you at Beachlax because they whipped you the 2 times prior. Your beating is coming again soon. Strong Island gonna beat you down like we did on ESPN

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Keep crying.

No whining or crying here. I enjoy my kid and his friends beating older heldback players on various teams. Shows the younger set and coaches how talent is meant to play. Nice to see the first 2020 recruit doing it right. A truly talented player never plays down and the parents would never have to or be asked to derail their kid's academic career to play a sport they love. Keep telling yourself that playing younger kids is the way to go- if that's the only way they can dominate, then I guess it is the only way for you to play. Thankfully, others can do so without half a roster of heldback kids.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I love how everyone points to that game as if it somehow defines the Crabs 2020 team. (A true sign of jealousy by the way) Since they started the team in 6th grade they have played every great team multiple times (unlike others who pop off on this forum) and are probably something like 60-5 overall....By the way, college coaches wont give a s*it this summer how old anyone is. Only the jealous dads of other teams care about this.

Trust me, there is no one on the face of this earth jealous of Crabs, no one. This organization and its sh*t head leader Ryan McClernan is the most unethical person I have ever seen.
You say this team has been together since sixth grade, well I know for a fact they are not the same players, not even close. Crabs suggest/insists that if you want to remain with them you must re class or leave the team.
Crabs 2020 is the biggest joke of a 2020 team I have ever seen, and this includes Edge. At least they are upfront with how their system works.
Crabs 2020 with their 10 holdbacks and 2 double holdbacks is totally disgraceful. It must be nice to be either 15 or close to 16 and be in the 8th grade.
The parents are just as much at fault as Ryan M to go along with his BS.
And college coaches do care how old kids are, they also scratch their heads, what a 15 year old 8th grader, what happened there.
So if it helps you sleep at night, continue to believe your fantasy, because that is all it is. Everyone in the lax world is laughing at you and the Crabs organization. What an idiot.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You should try to ease up on the hyperbole. It might give you a wee bit of credibility. It currently sounds like you are a jealous white trash parent who's kid got cut from the crabs.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You should try to ease up on the hyperbole. It might give you a wee bit of credibility. It currently sounds like you are a jealous white trash parent who's kid got cut from the crabs.
. Really, white trash, that's really over the top. There is no exaggeration about Crabs of what was stated about their operation. They are an organization that goes way beyond what is ethical in youth lacrosse. For your info my son plays for an elite 2020, has never tried out for Crabs, has no desire to but they would love to have him, and he is not a holdback. As for being white trash, I guess I could say it takes one to know one, but that would be too childish, You have clearly demonstrated your low life status so keep trying. What time do you start work in the morning at your minimum pay job. In the final analysis you have shown you have no clue.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Final standings are in
Crabs 6-0 10 holdbacks
Fca 5-1 5 holdbacks
Looneys 4-2 6 holdbacks
Hawks 3-3 none
Rising cheats 2-4 4 holdbacks at least
91 2-4 5 holdbacks
NL 0-6 doesn't matter

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wait till someone gets a hold of the HOCO Roster with DOB on it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
you shouldn't judge kids and parents you don't know. Bottom line is the rules have to be changed and enforced. Talking about and calling out people you do not know just makes you look like a donkey. I want to know what will happen when it is changed, what will you all complain about then.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
. Really, white trash, that's really over the top. There is no exaggeration about Crabs of what was stated about their operation. They are an organization that goes way beyond what is ethical in youth lacrosse. For your info my son plays for an elite 2020, has never tried out for Crabs, has no desire to but they would love to have him, and he is not a holdback. As for being white trash, I guess I could say it takes one to know one, but that would be too childish, You have clearly demonstrated your low life status so keep trying. What time do you start work in the morning at your minimum pay job. In the final analysis you have shown you have no clue.

Love the dads who say "Crabs wants my son but he has no desire to play for them". Yeah Righttttt. Calling BS on that one...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Love the dads who say "Crabs wants my son but he has no desire to play for them". Yeah Righttttt. Calling BS on that one...

There are quite a few players on different 2020 Elite teams that have no interest in playing for Crabs - it is called character. Stop fooling yourselves that you have the best on age players. Without your hold backs and summer birthdays, there is not much of a team left and those kids are no more talented than others in their legitimate age group. Some kids and families do not put winning above all else. Get over yourself.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Final standings are in
Crabs 6-0 10 holdbacks
Fca 5-1 5 holdbacks
Looneys 4-2 6 holdbacks
Hawks 3-3 none
Rising cheats 2-4 4 holdbacks at least
91 2-4 5 holdbacks
NL 0-6 doesn't matter

This is really funny and for our team is incorrect. One holdback. Hawks does have hold backs so this factual list of not only holdbacks but record must have been "guessed" by a Hawks dad. too funny

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
wrong.... 1 repeat from FCA, not 5. due to academics.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There is no way FCA only has one. I saw their indoor team. Full of Holdbacks.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Well Crab dad, there are many 2020 elite players from other teams that have no desire to play for an organization like Crabs. They have higher standards, are taught not to cheat and do things the correct way.
If you think for one minute that other players don't know what Crabs does and how they operate, then you are just fooling yourself. These other players don't want to jump into the Crabs cesspool.
Just keep fooling yourself.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

FCA has at least one pre-first kid. Also, who knows how old the 6'4" 195lb kid from Alabama is. His website claims DOB 12-9-2001

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]I can name your 12 holdbacks with initials if you'd like. Nah..no need to resort to your lows. Cheating or bending rules is part of sports. Eventually some coach or organization goes to far and then penalties roll down. Look at UNC basketball. They've been violating NCAA rules for years. Most don't know anything about it until it hits the press. UNC is about to get crushed with penalties. CRABS is youth lax that wants to keep the reputation of being best MD lax club. They are driving holdbacks to increase their chances.

[/quot

Unfortunately "that game" makes the ENTIRE POINT, it defines exactly what the crabs are. When forced to play age appropriate not nearly as competitive.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

FCA has at least one pre-first kid. Also, who knows how old the 6'4" 195lb kid from Alabama is. His website claims DOB 12-9-2001

Pre first and repeating 8th grade solely for lacrosse purposes are not the same thing.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]I can name your 12 holdbacks with initials if you'd like. Nah..no need to resort to your lows. Cheating or bending rules is part of sports. Eventually some coach or organization goes to far and then penalties roll down. Look at UNC basketball. They've been violating NCAA rules for years. Most don't know anything about it until it hits the press. UNC is about to get crushed with penalties. CRABS is youth lax that wants to keep the reputation of being best MD lax club. They are driving holdbacks to increase their chances.

[/quot

Unfortunately "that game" makes the ENTIRE POINT, it defines exactly what the crabs are. When forced to play age appropriate not nearly as competitive.

Are you that obtuse? "That game" wasn't played under the rules that the team was built under. Do you honestly think if Crabs had tryouts for 14u, 13u, 12u, etc that those teams wouldn't be at or near the top? Crabs certainly got along fine when it was age based.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

OMG, the goalie from 2019 is a summer 2001 birthday
the "D" that came from 2019 should be 2019
at least 1 middie and at least 1 attack should also be 2019.

How many is that?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Pre first and repeating 8th grade solely for lacrosse purposes are not the same thing.

Agreed. Pre First is set up for academic reasons. Same basic idea....older kids taking SATs, etc against younger kids reflects well on the school.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You saw FCA's indoor team and they are full of holdbacks. That's silly statement. If you see a kid that is 5'10" is he a holdback because he's bigger then your 5'6" kid. FCA has 1 holdback and 4 kids from the 2019 team that played up last year. All very good, on-age players, that did the more honorable and challenging thing last year. What we use to do when we were kids. Good players play up to test themselves against more experienced competition. Unlike, the cowardly holdback non-sense.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Agreed. Pre First is set up for academic reasons. Same basic idea....older kids taking SATs, etc against younger kids reflects well on the school.

if you stay back a grade or did pre-first, it is the same thing.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

[/quot

Are you that obtuse? "That game" wasn't played under the rules that the team was built under. Do you honestly think if Crabs had tryouts for 14u, 13u, 12u, etc that those teams wouldn't be at or near the top? Crabs certainly got along fine when it was age based.

The team was built with no rules or regard for the spirit of grade based lacrosse, that's the whole point of this never ending debate. Yes, if they fielded age based teams they would be very good, but not as dominant as they are now.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Many reasons for prefirst kids,,Some is academic for sure. Mnay schools almost demand summer birthday boys stay back, But some is strictly for Sports and to gain an advantage, dont fool yourselves if you dont think that. Private school parents arent dumb..They know the advantage of having an extra year over others. They dont want their child at a disadvantage...Go watch any MIAA playground in the lower schools..It is easy to spot the kids that are held back..Not all but many dominate on the playground. Think about when you were in elementary school..big difference between a 3rd grader and 4th grader..I dont like it a little but holding kids back works for for many.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Many reasons for prefirst kids,,Some is academic for sure. Mnay schools almost demand summer birthday boys stay back, But some is strictly for Sports and to gain an advantage, dont fool yourselves if you dont think that. Private school parents arent dumb..They know the advantage of having an extra year over others. They dont want their child at a disadvantage...Go watch any MIAA playground in the lower schools..It is easy to spot the kids that are held back..Not all but many dominate on the playground. Think about when you were in elementary school..big difference between a 3rd grader and 4th grader..I dont like it a little but holding kids back works for for many.

Agreed most pre first are kids that need the gift of time before they are ready to be in an academic classroom and the greater expected social and behavioral demands. So your kid needed time and you gave it to him. That has nothing to do with his chronological age in which his body will develop! Put the kids in sports based on birth year! Just because a kid can't sit still in kinder or first, they should now play sports with younger kids their whole life?!?? Ridiculous! Stop coddling kids, they are being weakened, Push your kid to play with their on aged peers, stop holding them back to play younger kids and teach them to work hard and challenge themselves. They don't need their classmates to be on their teams, broaden their horizons to meet kids of their own age and make new friends. I promise you, this will not break your kid. Rules need to be established for K-8 sports to go by birth year- period. Stop with these crazy moving cut offs. My son has made friends with tons of kids from all over in hockey and not being with grade level friends never hurt any of them.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

OMG, the goalie from 2019 is a summer 2001 birthday
the "D" that came from 2019 should be 2019
at least 1 middie and at least 1 attack should also be 2019.

How many is that?

One D came from 2019 and is a repeater. The new D to the "2020" team is repeating 8th grade this year to play football for Calvert Hall in the fall. FCA is not as bad as Crabs with reclasses but pretty darn close and hide behind the "C" in FCA. Add the goalie that should be 2019 to the mix and that is three known just on defense!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All I know my son is a straight A student and will get more money academically than your holdbacks. He also in the end will be more success in life because he worked hard to achieve without being held back. Life is hard and sports fade away. Academics take your further in the end. So stop the squabbling and put more money into getting that area then trying to get an athletic scholarship for something that last only a few years. At least I can sleep at night knowing that I have my priorities straight and my son too.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All I know my son is a straight A student and will get more money academically than your holdbacks. He also in the end will be more success in life because he worked hard to achieve without being held back. Life is hard and sports fade away. Academics take your further in the end. So stop the squabbling and put more money into getting that area then trying to get an athletic scholarship for something that last only a few years. At least I can sleep at night knowing that I have my priorities straight and my son too.

Grades are boring. It's not about money. It's not about college and the job after. It's about being the best at the highest level, which for lacrosse is being D1 champs. No one goes to Denver or Syracuse because they are great schools.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Agreed most pre first are kids that need the gift of time before they are ready to be in an academic classroom and the greater expected social and behavioral demands. So your kid needed time and you gave it to him. That has nothing to do with his chronological age in which his body will develop! Put the kids in sports based on birth year! Just because a kid can't sit still in kinder or first, they should now play sports with younger kids their whole life?!?? Ridiculous! Stop coddling kids, they are being weakened, Push your kid to play with their on aged peers, stop holding them back to play younger kids and teach them to work hard and challenge themselves. They don't need their classmates to be on their teams, broaden their horizons to meet kids of their own age and make new friends. I promise you, this will not break your kid. Rules need to be established for K-8 sports to go by birth year- period. Stop with these crazy moving cut offs. My son has made friends with tons of kids from all over in hockey and not being with grade level friends never hurt any of them.

This guy for president.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Agree

Agree completely. Not that hard to see that sports and most competitive events at the YOUTH level should be by age. No matter how the grade base proponents spin it, Age is the appropriate way to go in the spirit of youth athletics.

Unfortunately the influence of the Baltimore MIAA schools has for some reason taken over age/grade team based youth lacrosse.
Without the MIAA schools influence I dont think there would even be a debate on age/grade. The epidemic of kids held back is over the top compared to any public school or system.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You sound like another grumpy Madlax Capital 2020 parent who still believes that Madlax can compete with the other HOCO elite teams. The results are in and Madlax got blown out by both NL and Hawks. Madlax also had a chance to compete for the last elite HOCO spot and didn't. NL isn't good? They won the Madlax fall tournament including beating 3D Pacific in the finals. NL beat MDX, Cannons in the HOCO play in and CB, fl$ and RR in a March tournament. You should stop trying to slam other 2020 clubs and take a hard look at the Madlax team. I know its hard to accept the reality of paying Madlax $$ with the promise of having an "elite" team. Maybe you should ask for a refund or have your kid try out for another team.

No, NL is good, but not elite or great - that is the difference. The MadLax fall tourney had ok/average/above average teams there - such as the ones you mention (MDX, Cannons( - they are also good but not elite. NL is not elite, not even close, as I'm sure you saw yesterday at the first HoCo game where it was like a shooting practice for the Crabs. They got destroyed, hands down, in every aspect of the game, 10-1 - and Crabd basically stopped shooting second half. Could have been 20+. Bottom line - NL does NOT belong in elite, that are not anywhere near the same caliber as Looneys Orange or Crabs.

Page 7 of 28 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 27 28

Link Copied to Clipboard