BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 12 of 17 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 16 17
Re: Complaint Department
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Is it me or do refs never call slashing any more? Defenders are always hitting hips, thighs and legs without a flag constantly!

It's the same with pushing. Unless the kid falls down its not a push.

Same with cross checks. Whatever happened to keeping your hands together when checking?

Refs are getting very sloppy and kids are getting hurt. Clean it up Refs.

Do your job. Be consistent. Protect the kids.

I disagree. IMHO the game is softer and less violent them ever.

.!.

I agree that the majority of games are not called by the book, but the game as called usually is fine.

Perhaps the rules just need to be updated to reflect the game as it is called and the way people are happy with it.

I propose the below updates so everyone is on the same page:

Pushing is legal unless the player falls.

Checking anywhere on the body is fine. (Opens the market for more hip and leg pads)

Cross checking is fine except to head and neck.

Look, this game used to be played on wide open fields and plains and it was to the death. It was and is (despite our best efforts at civilizing it) still supposed to have a roughness to it. If you think it is too rough, have your son play baseball.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is it me or do refs never call slashing any more? Defenders are always hitting hips, thighs and legs without a flag constantly!

Same with cross checks. Whatever happened to keeping your hands together when checking?

I disagree. IMHO the game is softer and less violent them ever.

.!.

I agree that the majority of games are not called by the book, but the game as called usually is fine.

Perhaps the rules just need to be updated to reflect the game as it is called and the way people are happy with it.

I propose the below updates so everyone is on the same page:

Pushing is legal unless the player falls.

Checking anywhere on the body is fine. (Opens the market for more hip and leg pads)

Cross checking is fine except to head and neck.

Look, this game used to be played on wide open fields and plains and it was to the death. It was and is (despite our best efforts at civilizing it) still supposed to have a roughness to it. If you think it is too rough, have your son play baseball.

It's not too rough,but the rules should reflect the way the refs call it and I think every can agree that presently there are written rules and totally different enforced rules.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You miss the point completely.

Coaches running a for profit business and coercing players (parents) to pay to play for them is wrong.

I have been reading these arguments about coaches running summer programs for their town players and can see both sides of the argument.
I have a question, and please just give me your opinions because I am very conflicted.
I have an opinion on this but want to hear what others think.
Which scenario is worse in your opinion:

1) The H.S. coach runs a summer program that he gets paid to coach and charges under $1000.00/player for 5 summer tournaments. He encourages his players to stay together and play tournaments together. He tells them they can also play for clubs if they like but he wants the town team to come first if there are conflicts.

2) The H.S. coach coaches a H.S. level team for one of the big clubs. He is being paid upwards of $10,000.00 to coach this team because the club believes having hm there will attract players. He encourages his H.S. players to try out for the club telling them there is no guarantee they will make his team or the "B" team on the club. The club charges $3000.00 for 5 summer tournaments.

Is one scenario a worse conflict of interest for the coach than another? I have had both scenarios with my first 3 boys and I know whch I chose for them and how it worked out for them. My 4th boy starts HS next year and we have a similar situation again and I am curious as to what other people who post about this think.

Thank you for your opinions.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

.!.

I hear Tennis is a pretty safe sport, buh bye

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

.!.

Basketball has lots of rules that are never enforced also. Traveling and carrying the ball are standard practices.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You miss the point completely.

Coaches running a for profit business and coercing players (parents) to pay to play for them is wrong.

I have been reading these arguments about coaches running summer programs for their town players and can see both sides of the argument.
I have a question, and please just give me your opinions because I am very conflicted.
I have an opinion on this but want to hear what others think.
Which scenario is worse in your opinion:

1) The H.S. coach runs a summer program that he gets paid to coach and charges under $1000.00/player for 5 summer tournaments. He encourages his players to stay together and play tournaments together. He tells them they can also play for clubs if they like but he wants the town team to come first if there are conflicts.

2) The H.S. coach coaches a H.S. level team for one of the big clubs. He is being paid upwards of $10,000.00 to coach this team because the club believes having hm there will attract players. He encourages his H.S. players to try out for the club telling them there is no guarantee they will make his team or the "B" team on the club. The club charges $3000.00 for 5 summer tournaments.

Is one scenario a worse conflict of interest for the coach than another? I have had both scenarios with my first 3 boys and I know whch I chose for them and how it worked out for them. My 4th boy starts HS next year and we have a similar situation again and I am curious as to what other people who post about this think.

Thank you for your opinions.

In scenario 1 it is the kid that truly suffers. I know this because my son had to deal with it. The tournaments the HS team plays in are lower level, with little exposure to college coaches. The kid feels obligated to play with the school in tournaments that are useless for the recruiting process. 5 tourns, average of 5 games. That's 25 useless games. Now the kid does 3 prospect days and 3 showcases. That's another 18-20 games. Then another 25 games with the travel his team. With that said, your son has now played almost 70 games in this scenario. Not to mention practices with the school and travel. All this happens between June and July. Hopefully by August your son doesn't have some kind of over use injury like mine had... Morale of the story, when it comes to the recruiting process, you need to put the KID first and beg for forgiveness from everyone else.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Here is my complaint:
It's...
"you're stupid," not "your stupid"
"too many holdbacks," not "to many holdbacks"
"pound your chest," not "pound you're chest"
"their only in fourth grade!" not "there only in fourth grade"

Less blogging, more reading the New [lacrosse] Times, Washington Post or whatever...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Here is my complaint:
It's...

Less blogging, more reading the New [lacrosse] Times, Washington Post or whatever...

Thanks Captain Grammar, but I think you mean "they're only in fourth grade". [lacrosse]

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Here is my complaint:
It's...

Thanks Captain Grammar, but I think you mean "they're only in fourth grade". [lacrosse]

lmao, classic.

Public service announcement:

Their, There, or They're?
Their is a possessive pronoun. It always describes a noun.

Note the spelling of their. It comes from the word they, so the e comes before the i.

There is an adverb meaning "that location." It is sometimes used with the verb to be as an idiom. It is spelled like here which means "this location."

They're is a contraction of they are. Note the spelling: The a from are is replaced by an apostrophe.

Less posting incorrect corrections.........just sayin

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Here is my complaint:
It's...

hilarious

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Perfect examples of why lacrosse parents are the most hated in all of sport. Keep up the good work

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
drop the mike!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Perfect examples of why lacrosse parents are the most hated in all of sport. Keep up the good work

So you did an impromptu survey of who? The non lacrosse public? Hockey parents? Soccer parents? Out of 100 soccer moms surveyed, 75 of them said that lacrosse parents are definitely the most hated in all of sport. Sounds about right. You sir, keep up the good work!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Here is my complaint:
It's...

hilarious

My grammar is never as good as it should be so when the grammar police get abused it just brightens my day.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So you did an impromptu survey of who? The non lacrosse public? Hockey parents? Soccer parents? Out of 100 soccer moms surveyed, 75 of them said that lacrosse parents are definitely the most hated in all of sport. Sounds about right. You sir, keep up the good work!

I am sure as the parent of an athlete your kids play 2 other school sports and maybe even more rec teams. You can't tell me Lacrosse isn't the worst group of parents. On LI its not even close. 100% recruiting jiberish talk all the time and always pitting the club kids against the ones that don't play year round.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I am sure as the parent of an athlete your kids play 2 other school sports and maybe even more rec teams. You can't tell me Lacrosse isn't the worst group of parents. On LI its not even close. 100% recruiting jiberish talk all the time and always pitting the club kids against the ones that don't play year round.

Its been my experience having been around several other sports at the coaching and officiating level that parents in almost any sport are the worst, because, well, they're parents. Unrealistic, ignorant, and uninformed most times. Couple that with the raw emotion that comes with watching your child compete is a recipe for disaster. I completely disagree with your LI parents comment, I dont think they are any better or worse than any other group of parents. What do you think theyre talking about on the sidelines in Maryland? Same crap thats talked about here, their kids and how great they are........

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don't think you have been around hockey parents. That's a whole different level of crazy.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So a 2022 ems coach is assking kids on the team to pass to his son to help him score. If his son score the coach will give the kid that assist $5.
How does a guy like this become a coach?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So a 2022 ems coach is assking kids on the team to pass to his son to help him score. If his son score the coach will give the kid that assist $5.

It's PAL. And, I wish my kid played on his team! I'd make him assist and then we'd go out for pizza (his treat, of course) smile

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

He volunteers.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

.!.

Basketball has lots of rules that are never enforced also. Traveling and carrying the ball are standard practices.

Really good article from probably the biggest lacrosse camp organization in the country on how refs are not making the game safe for kids.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

.!.

Really good article from probably the biggest lacrosse camp organization in the country on how refs are not making the game safe for kids.

Google "Is this how you coach YOUR kids to play this great game?" to see the article.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

.!.

Google "Is this how you coach YOUR kids to play this great game?" to see the article.

Thank you for sharing. This is getting so out of hand. Irresponsible coaching.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
not a complaint, just a question; what happen to HS forum?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don't think you have been around hockey parents. That's a whole different level of crazy.

Amen brother!

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
not a complaint, just a question; what happen to HS forum?

We decided to lock it for a while so people can back to talking High School lacrosse and not where people live and what they wear.

Like Reply Quote
Chief Admin
Chief Admin
I just unlocked it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
some good games today - thanks

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There was a fight today between jericho and freeport 7/8 grade lax teams during the last 2 minutes of the game. It was the result of horrible referees who didn't control play the entire time. These refs should be banned before someone gets hurt. What is the proper place and contact info to report this to?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A fight in a MS School game and it's the referees fault? LMAO.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
By the way it was a bench clearing kind of scrum. Not just a pushing match between two kids or a light disagreemwntb

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What could possibly be funny about this. Isn't the safety of the kids important to you? It's the refs job to control the game. When they don't call rough play for the entire game the kids are going to take matters into their own hands.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As a parent you are going to complain about officiating? Go right to the Section 8 or Section 11 websites. Contact information is there along with schedules and standings.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The officiating at the youth level and middle school/jv lacrosse is absolutely atrocious, not much better at the high school level either. Having said that, unlike hockey lax officials are taught not to intervene in fights. Although it sounds like they let the game get out of control, once the fights start its the coaches that need to get their kids under control. That is my understanding of it, if we have a ref that wants to chime in please do.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
the issue was the refs were not officiating well. they didnt call fouls, they didnt warn players or coaches when play got increasingly rougher. and when the refs dont set the tone with the players, and continue to "non-call", the kids are going to get out of control as what occurred here.

Like Reply Quote
The Hop Offline OP
User
OP Offline
User
There was a fight today between jericho and freeport 7/8 grade lax teams during the last 2 minutes of the game. It was the result of horrible referees who didn't control play the entire time. These refs should be banned before someone gets hurt. What is the proper place and contact info to report this to?

Nassau County Officials Assoc website is listed to the left in the side bar under "Useful links".

Back of the Cage
Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
thank you. i am glad that the appropriate governing bodies have taken this matter seriously.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by The Hop

Nassau County Officials Assoc website is listed to the left in the side bar under "Useful links".
Nassau PAL will handle if notified properly

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
it wasnt a PAL league game. it was school league.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The answer is Section 8 or Section 11 websites. School ball in Nassau is regulated by Section 8. But I don't think that's what OP wants to hear. They definatley will not tell him what he wants to hear. The school itself would be the organization that would submit a complaint. The school would probably also be disciplined for the fight. But its not the kid's fault.

Like Reply Quote
Page 12 of 17 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 16 17
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard