BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,579
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 6 of 28 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 27 28
Re: Boys 2020
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is Sons any good? Never seen them play.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sons has a good team, but they were caught cheating in a tournament using overage kids not on their roster.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
My observations is that Crabs is too big and fast for other teams. They are older and it shows. Crabs and Team 91 LI will beat 95% of 2019 teams. I agree that Crabs cheats by loading team with so many holdbacks but here's what they do well.

Extremely oganized. Practice all the time. Lots of scrimmages. Great marketing and exposure. Only clubs that practice more are Team 91 and Loonies.

Would love to see them lose because they have no integrity but reality is only team that should beat them is Team 91 LI.

Crabs 2020 team should be tossed out of the HOCO elite league. They are a mix of 2018/2019 and a very low number of 2020 players.
They completely abuse the spirit of grade base lacrosse and their POS leader, Ryan McClernan is a true scumbag.
Sure, they can probably beat other elite 2020 teams, but just look at the ages of their players, this is the only way they know how to win, but cheating.
The parents/fans of this team are just as much scumbags as the coach Ryan M. They feel they have superior players but they don't, they are just older/bigger.
Ryan McClernan and Crabs is the worst thing that has happened to youth lacrosse since it went to the grade base format.
Coaches from other elite teams literally hate Ryan M and what he stands for. Ryan M does everything he can to manipulate the system to make him look good and in turn that makes more money for him. He is driven by pure ego and money.
Wishful thinking, but I would love to see
Ryan M in goal and have players from other elite 2020 teams take shots on goal, just smack the living sh*t out of this scumbag, then he may get the message.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ryan M in goal and have players from other elite 2020 teams take shots on goal, just smack the living sh*t out of this scumbag, then he may get the message.

You have a lot of issues. Hard to take you seriously with a post like this.

It's fine to rail against holdbacks, but in this 2020 division, ALL of the teams have holdbacks.

Team 91 MD
FCA
Hawks
Next Level
Looney's
Rising Sons

All of them.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It's fine to rail against holdbacks, but in this 2020 division, ALL of the teams have holdbacks.

Team 91 MD
FCA
Hawks
Next Level
Looney's
Rising Sons

All of them.

True, all the 2020 teams have holdbacks, usually 2 or 3 per team, not like Crabs with 10+ holdbacks on their 2020 team plus 2 double holdbacks.
You are right, I have no love for cheaters and Ryan M is the biggest of them all.
As for Ryan M in goal, that would be fun to watch a cheater see what it is like. If you knew this man like I do you would completely understand where I am coming from.

And no, my son plays for another elite 2020 team, he has never had a desire to try out for Crabs, he can see, like all the other 2020 players, what Crabs is all about.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are the rosters with birthdates available from the league?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Team 91 MD
FCA
Hawks
Next Level
Looney's
Rising Sons

All of them.

True, all the 2020 teams have holdbacks, usually 2 or 3 per team, not like Crabs with 10+ holdbacks on their 2020 team plus 2 double holdbacks.
You are right, I have no love for cheaters and Ryan M is the biggest of them all.
As for Ryan M in goal, that would be fun to watch a cheater see what it is like. If you knew this man like I do you would completely understand where I am coming from.

And no, my son plays for another elite 2020 team, he has never had a desire to try out for Crabs, he can see, like all the other 2020 players, what Crabs is all about.

so for the "2 or 3" hold backs on your sons team, how do you feel about them? Do you have utter contempt for their parents, your coach, your club. Or is a little bit of cheating OK?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My on-age son laughs at them and then goes out and tries to beat them. Make no mistake, the on-age kids make fun of the holdbacks.

Last year, during the tryout tour that my son did, I happened to overhear at the Kooper's tryouts about the double holdback. If you could hear some of the things that the kids, some who are holdbacks themselves, were saying about the double holdback kid, it would make you sorry for the double holdback. Everybody is whispering. when you beat them, you smile a little bit and when you lose to them, it doesn't mean anything.

My son was asked to play down at a camp against Elite 2021 players. Although there were holdback 2021s older than him, he told me he never wants to do it again. no satisfaction when he wins. He compared it to beating his 9 year old brother at lacrosse. Needed to be done but demoralizing.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son plays for one of the elite teams listed above. I was curious what would happen if we went back to age based due to the new US Lacrosse guidelines. We would lose 3 players - one of them a starter. It would be a bump in the road. I can't imagine that would be the case for you know who....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Keep laughing, but they will have a ton of college commits. And why does Madlax get a pass when they have more holdbacks than anybody?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Team 91 MD
FCA
Hawks
Next Level
Looney's
Rising Sons

All of them.

so for the "2 or 3" hold backs on your sons team, how do you feel about them? Do you have utter contempt for their parents, your coach, your club. Or is a little bit of cheating OK?

There are three on my sons team, and all were for academic reasons, not lacrosse. All are nice kids, just were not doing well in school. One is still in public school, had to repeat the grade in public school, pure academic. The other two are in private grade schools, parents saw they were not doing well and move them to a better academic environment and they are doing much better. Public school is not a good fit for every kid.
I have no contempt for the coach or parents of my sons team, why would I. They do not do what Crabs does, they makes it their business model to get kids to repeat a grade if they want to remain with the program.
I have talked to several parents of former and present Crabs players and all have stated that this is how
Crabs operates. How do you think they have 10+ holdbacks on their 2020 team.
Grade base lacrosse is fine, but the true spirit of this is being abused by Crabs and has been since the beginning of grade base. Ryan M saw a way he could "game" the system to his advantage and proceeded to do so with a vengeance.
There are so many things wrong with having 15 and close to 16 year olds playing against 13 and 14 year olds, but this is what Ryan M wants, this is how he feels he can win and push other teams around. This is why I have no respect for this individual and do despise him.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Team 91 MD
FCA
Hawks
Next Level
Looney's
Rising Sons

All of them.

The 2 or 3 on our team are summer birthdays, nobody's switching schools to repeat a year and none of them have ever played on a 2019 team. To me that's a big difference.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Keep laughing, but they will have a ton of college commits. And why does Madlax get a pass when they have more holdbacks than anybody?

For many people, "the end justifies the means" is unacceptable on many fronts, moral, social, ethical, and is not a lesson we should be teaching the next generation.

MadLax gets a pass because they are irrelevant in 2020.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Team 91 MD
FCA
Hawks
Next Level
Looney's
Rising Sons

All of them.

The 2 or 3 on our team are summer birthdays, nobody's switching schools to repeat a year and none of them have ever played on a 2019 team. To me that's a big difference.
So I guess you are saying a little bit of cheating is OK...Your loosing your point here real quick. Just because you don't like the guy does not mean he is a bigger cheater than everyone else....Just a cheater like everyone else. Is it cheating if it not against the rules? I am confused....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I was not aware MadLax was big into holdbacks - if so - they are just as bad as the Crabs.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

For many people, "the end justifies the means" is unacceptable on many fronts, moral, social, ethical, and is not a lesson we should be teaching the next generation.

MadLax gets a pass because they are irrelevant in 2020.
Uhhg. There 2023 team is loaded with Holdbacks. Their kids tower over other teams. A bit of a joke until a kid really gets hurt

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Team 91 MD
FCA
Hawks
Next Level
Looney's
Rising Sons

All of them.

There are three on my sons team, and all were for academic reasons, not lacrosse. All are nice kids, just were not doing well in school. One is still in public school, had to repeat the grade in public school, pure academic. The other two are in private grade schools, parents saw they were not doing well and move them to a better academic environment and they are doing much better. Public school is not a good fit for every kid.
I have no contempt for the coach or parents of my sons team, why would I. They do not do what Crabs does, they makes it their business model to get kids to repeat a grade if they want to remain with the program.
I have talked to several parents of former and present Crabs players and all have stated that this is how
Grade base lacrosse is fine, but the true spirit of this is being abused by Crabs and has been since the beginning of grade base. Ryan M saw a way he could "game" the system to his advantage and proceeded to do so with a vengeance.
There are so many things wrong with having 15 and close to 16 year olds playing against 13 and 14 year olds, but this is what Ryan M wants, this is how he feels he can win and push other teams around. This is why I have no respect for this individual and do despise him.

repeat a grade in public school? don't think so! Parents did this, not the school.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My on-age son laughs at them and then goes out and tries to beat them. Make no mistake, the on-age kids make fun of the holdbacks.

Last year, during the tryout tour that my son did, I happened to overhear at the Kooper's tryouts about the double holdback. If you could hear some of the things that the kids, some who are holdbacks themselves, were saying about the double holdback kid, it would make you sorry for the double holdback. Everybody is whispering. when you beat them, you smile a little bit and when you lose to them, it doesn't mean anything.

My son was asked to play down at a camp against Elite 2021 players. Although there were holdback 2021s older than him, he told me he never wants to do it again. no satisfaction when he wins. He compared it to beating his 9 year old brother at lacrosse. Needed to be done but demoralizing.

tryout tour? stop being a pinny grabber and commit to a team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Team 91 MD
FCA
Hawks
Next Level
Looney's
Rising Sons

All of them.

repeat a grade in public school? don't think so! Parents did this, not the school.
Congrats on cheating a little

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Team 91 MD
FCA
Hawks
Next Level
Looney's
Rising Sons

All of them.

Wrong, the school strongly recommended the student repeat as he was having trouble all year. He has been struggling since first grade, he started school too early (late August b/d) and was the youngest in every class and finally the school took action. The parents were involved in getting the proper thing done for their son, but it was the school who recommended he repeat 7th grade. It is a public school.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Team 91 MD
FCA
Hawks
Next Level
Looney's
Rising Sons

All of them.

Grades can definitely be repeated in public school for academic reasons - if the kid is failing, they will have them repeat. The parents in public school can not make the choice - it is not an option as it is in private. Regardless, would question why any kid who is struggling in school is spending hours playing high level lacrosse and where the priorities are but to each their own.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
same parents come on here and brag to no end when their sons team plays up and has success, but they play a team with some hold backs and get their [lacrosse]es handed to them they come on here bashing the hold backs.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Its a fallacy to portray Crabs as having 10+ kids who were held back for "lacrosse reasons" or to stay on the team -- that is simply not true. What is true is that they are all in 8th grade, great kids and highly skilled lacrosse players.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Its a fallacy to portray Crabs as having 10+ kids who were held back for "lacrosse reasons" or to stay on the team -- that is simply not true. What is true is that they are all in 8th grade, great kids and highly skilled lacrosse players.

They were held back for "sports" reasons, plain and simple. Do you people not realize that we have seen at least the Baltimore area kids for years in rec and know how old they are? Two simple examples are the kid who came from Fallston Rec and re-classed once he got to BL and the kid who is currently playing in his 4th year of middle school lacrosse who went to Gilman through 7th, then did 7th at Calvert and now is magically an 8th grader at Gilman. Doubt that was for academic reasons. If he couldn't pass 7th grade at Gilman he should probably have given up lacrosse for the year. See, most of us see through this nonsense...Keep rationalizing it Crabs Daddy.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It is for lacrosse reasons, plain and simple. Stop your denying it, everyone sees thru it. It is how Crabs runs the program, re class or you will no longer be with Crabs.
Ryan Mc has his lacrosse model to re class or leave.

Sure, they are in the 8th grade, but are 15 and some close to 16 year old 8th graders. Regular non re class 8th graders are 13 years old.
If you don't think they have 10+ holdbacks on the 2020 team, you are out of touch. Remember, their rosters were released by accident last fall, and those rosters had each players DOB. The real fallacy is your denial of the truth. Nice try Crab dad, it didn't work.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
same parents come on here and brag to no end when their sons team plays up and has success, but they play a team with some hold backs and get their [lacrosse]es handed to them they come on here bashing the hold backs.

I don't call 10 holdbacks "some" holdbacks plus 2 double holdbacks.
You do not have a clue what you are talking about. Everyone knows how they operate and know who the kids are who are the holdbacks and even know who the double holdbacks are. Wonder what it is like to be almost 16 years old and in the 8th grade.

Crabs are the cesspool of youth lacrosse, along with their leader Ryan McClernan and the parents. All just disgraceful.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Write down the kids and check in on them in 5 years then 10. I bet half will be doing summer prospect camps. Some will quit college. Some will never play at D1. College coaches don't wany anything to do with Maryland players

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We play for Crabs 2020..4 holdbacks on 6th grade team, 7 on 7th grade team, added 3 more from 2019 team for beachlax but they were then held back. Also picked up other holdbacks from tryout so 8th grade team definitely has 10+ holdbacks. We love our Crabs experience but can't deny pattern of increasing numbers of holdbacks as a competitive advantage. Is what it is.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Biggest laugh of the day- thank you.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crabs 2020 does not have 10 holdbacks. Please.

Someone is jealous. Funny how Madlax 2020 has more holdbacks, but nobody says anything because they suck.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I can name your 12 holdbacks with initials if you'd like. Nah..no need to resort to your lows. Cheating or bending rules is part of sports. Eventually some coach or organization goes to far and then penalties roll down. Look at UNC basketball. They've been violating NCAA rules for years. Most don't know anything about it until it hits the press. UNC is about to get crushed with penalties. CRABS is youth lax that wants to keep the reputation of being best MD lax club. They are driving holdbacks to increase their chances.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Show me the rule that the Crabs have broken. If it's a grade based event or league, no rules have been broken.

Keep crying.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Team 91 MD
FCA
Hawks
Next Level
Looney's
Rising Sons

All of them.

So I guess you are saying a little bit of cheating is OK...Your loosing your point here real quick. Just because you don't like the guy does not mean he is a bigger cheater than everyone else....Just a cheater like everyone else. Is it cheating if it not against the rules? I am confused....

Summer birthdays did not game the system to play lacrosse and look better against younger kids. Summer birthdays are kids who are 30 days older than the Aug 31 school date and most for social reasons or speech delays etc (not so out of the norm for 5 year olds) and therefore start school a year later. They are not held back without academic reason for the sake of playing a sport. Most sports do have those kids play with their age as opposed to grade but the lacrosse gods pushed for all grade based - thank RM and his cohorts.

We play for one of the teams playing in the elite 2020 and have ONE hold back and it is a legitimate grade repeater - not for sports . We would miss him but would be okay if we went age based and lost him. One player does not make a team - 10 hold backs do change a team. Stop trying to say ALL the top teams are loaded to justify what you have done- they are not.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Show me the rule that the Crabs have broken. If it's a grade based event or league, no rules have been broken.

Keep crying.

Ironically this time there is a rule as part of Hoco's bylaws about grade or what would be considered the normal age for the grade and Hoco has chosen to ignore it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Keep crying.

They broke a rule at beaxch lax...

"Placement on a grade based team (2020, 2021, 2022, 2023, 2024 and 2025) is dictated by the highest grade of any player on the team."

Their holdbacks were in 8th grade playing on what was at the time, a 7th grade team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Keep crying.

"Placement on a grade based team (2020, 2021, 2022, 2023, 2024 and 2025) is dictated by the highest grade of any player on the team."

Their holdbacks were in 8th grade playing on what was at the time, a 7th grade team.

RM admitted to it as well , pretty sad

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crush took care of that in Denver. 19-8.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Keep crying.

You just don't get it, the idiotic response you posted proves it.
Crabs technically does not break the rules of grade base lacrosse, but they abuse it with a sh*t load of holdbacks. That was not the intent or spirit of grade base lacrosse.
You just fall into the scumbag category with Ryan M and the others.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Keep crying.

Nice try. That was a summer event. Those kids on the team were all Rising 8th graders. If you dislike holdbacks, that's one thing. No rule was broken.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Keep crying.

Nice try. That was a summer event. Those kids on the team were all Rising 8th graders. If you dislike holdbacks, that's one thing. No rule was broken.

No it was not summer for everyone- the LI kids were all still in school for another few weeks and were current 7th graders, not yet rising 8th graders. PLUS, those kids that choose to repeat a grade and play down with the 2020 team had never officially entered a repeated grade. Anyone could say they were repeating a grade- but until the kid takes a step into the school and the same grade again (quite ridiculous), it is not official. Maybe this will be the next trend to manipulate a system- who is to stop kids from gaming the system in the summer and saying they are going to repeat a grade? You can even register a kid and they can back out right before September. Would not put it past a certain club to do so.

Again, another thing other sports get right- you cannot add kids here and there for any game or tourney- a roster is set until next year's try outs.

Page 6 of 28 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 27 28

Link Copied to Clipboard