BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,538
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 20 of 77 1 2 18 19 20 21 22 76 77
Re: High School Lax Boys
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
And your kid plays for who ????? Ok let me guess....top rated academic HS with numerous Intel science winners, Ivy school admits and a state champion lax team full of top 10 lax commits where all the parents are happy and none complain about the coach.....

Now reality......your son cant make either team so he plays at a low level public school.

Looks like our group of "low level" players just beat your team...Stick that in your trophy case!

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
voice of authority. quoting percentages, Strength of schedule , parents conversation etc.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
St. Anthony's 5. Chaminade 4.

JV Game was 10-9 Chaminade in OT

I guess so much for Anthony's being a dominant team at either level. Catholic league looks like it is way over rated again

What's more interesting to me, is how Chaminade was only able to pull of an OT win. Both teams not as good as advertised, especially chaminade with the parents of the sophomores acting like they should be on varsity. Catholics a total mess!

Why is the catholic league a mess. St Anthonys was supposed to be bad this year. As or the jv teams that was club parents talking up Chaminade. Both jv programs would dominate 80 percent of varsity teams on long island. As for varsity programs they are opposite of public school programs. Both teams play a few easier games then the toughest schedule out there. Public schools play easy schedules with a few descent games. No public school would subject their teams to the schedule these teams do.

Public schools are only allowed 16 contests so they can only schedule a couple of non league games.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Plus scrimmages

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
St. Anthony's 5. Chaminade 4.

JV Game was 10-9 Chaminade in OT

I guess so much for Anthony's being a dominant team at either level. Catholic league looks like it is way over rated again

What's more interesting to me, is how Chaminade was only able to pull of an OT win. Both teams not as good as advertised, especially chaminade with the parents of the sophomores acting like they should be on varsity. Catholics a total mess!

Why is the catholic league a mess. St Anthonys was supposed to be bad this year. As or the jv teams that was club parents talking up Chaminade. Both jv programs would dominate 80 percent of varsity teams on long island. As for varsity programs they are opposite of public school programs. Both teams play a few easier games then the toughest schedule out there. Public schools play easy schedules with a few descent games. No public school would subject their teams to the schedule these teams do.

Public schools are only allowed 16 contests so they can only schedule a couple of non league games.

My point being public schools wouldn't play that type of schedule even if they could. Chaminade and st Anthonys could set up their games to go undefeated every year they play very hard schedules and the teams that see them at the end of the year will see different teams than at the start of the year. They play one game a year that matters but they play an extremely tough schedule so people can post about their loss

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My point being public schools wouldn't play that type of schedule even if they could. Chaminade and st Anthonys could set up their games to go undefeated every year they play very hard schedules and the teams that see them at the end of the year will see different teams than at the start of the year. They play one game a year that matters but they play an extremely tough schedule so people can post about their loss

This is a ridiculous comment. Plenty of publics play very aggressive OOC schedules -- they're just limited by the number of games allowed.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anybody know the complete seedlings for Suffolk A this year?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nice win for WI. Cold temperature made playing difficult.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anybody know the complete seedlings for Suffolk A this year?

1. Red Maple
2. Canadian Hemlock
3. Sugar Maple
4. White Pine

Oh seedings ! Well that's something completely different.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
WM losses to a better WI team by a few goals. 8-6 -r 9-7 not sure.

WM coach deserves all credit, again. he has a very decent team but his decision making is poor, bordering on horrible...

WM coach insists on second middy line being all sophs--all good/great kids and all committed, but none have ability to make a move, dodge, and score at this level, out weighed by 20 pounds. ... completely insane...maybe try a senior and see what happens??? Insane...

FO---the WM coach has three committed kids at x FO, but instead puts in the all american wrestler for the last five, down a few goals...clearly, the coach hasn't changed with the times...coach-FO important now...60 -40 is better than a 50 50 ground ball, ask Syracuse, better yet, ask umass? where you played...

Coach-

Just a poorly managed game. Is it possible that you take a minute and re-evaluate? You have a chance this season to win, but not if you make the decisions you made today. review the tapes, look at the replays, make sure the best are playing...or, stick to your guns and manage based on your relationships and the kids paying your summer tuition

WM-Good luck. Watch the tape!!!!

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

WM coach deserves all credit, again. he has a very decent team but his decision making is poor, bordering on horrible...

WM coach insists on second middy line being all sophs--all good/great kids and all committed, but none have ability to make a move, dodge, and score at this level, out weighed by 20 pounds. ... completely insane...maybe try a senior and see what happens??? Insane...

FO---the WM coach has three committed kids at x FO, but instead puts in the all american wrestler for the last five, down a few goals...clearly, the coach hasn't changed with the times...coach-FO important now...60 -40 is better than a 50 50 ground ball, ask Syracuse, better yet, ask umass? where you played...

Coach-

Just a poorly managed game. Is it possible that you take a minute and re-evaluate? You have a chance this season to win, but not if you make the decisions you made today. review the tapes, look at the replays, make sure the best are playing...or, stick to your guns and manage based on your relationships and the kids paying your summer tuition

Wow shots fired......

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Coach-

Wow. that didn't take long. One loss and the WM parents are attacking the coaches and the other players.

And there it is, right there in black and white for all to see:

"stick to your guns and manage based on your (financial) relationships and the kids paying your summer tuition".

In other words... What am I paying you for if you are not going to play my kid?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can you just relax regarding the WM Coach. It was a good game by two very evenly matched teams. AND two good coaching staffs. It is early in the season. I am pretty sure 'I am trying to lose' - said no Coach ever.
Adjustments will be made, kids will learn and improve....life will go on. Nobody died today on that field. Have a little perspective!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Right on the mark. WM Lax Community knows about these buffoons besides their deficiency in the X's and O's of coaching and leadership, their motive is self-serving for ancillary income but more importantly their primary jobs are "educators" in the district. Head coach is dean of high school. Shameful, but the lax community in WM is well aware.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What is happening to sachem north competitive every year very good goalie losing close games anywhere from 1 to 3 goals still know it's a lost but close games.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It is my understanding that when the senior all American wrestler came in as a FOGO the score started changing... Not sure if I understand your point. I think if they let him play the field there would have been a major difference in possession certainly and defense too. It was the first time he played all year and there was a swing in momentum when he did. Are you suggesting that the other FO kids should have been used instead because of their college commitments?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sachem north 1-4
Sachem east 2-4

Just combined teams already and make
1 team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well, lets also remember that WM played 4 solid quarters until the final horn.....WI stood up and cheered when they took out one of the WM players.

Class Act wink

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sachem north 1-4
Sachem east 2-4

Just combined teams already and make
1 team.

Ok so then by that logic, Smithtown East and West as well as Half Hollow Hills East and West merge too?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Lmao! Cold temperature made playing difficult? They are high school varsity athletes I think they can handle a little cold. There were HS games everywhere yesterday and it wasnt THAT cold. Relax......

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Coach-

Not sure you can blame the FO losses on the head coach. I believe one of the assistant coaches handles that responsibility.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can you just relax regarding the WM Coach. It was a good game by two very evenly matched teams. AND two good coaching staffs. It is early in the season. I am pretty sure 'I am trying to lose' - said no Coach ever.
Adjustments will be made, kids will learn and improve....life will go on. Nobody died today on that field. Have a little perspective!

Losers lament

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well, lets also remember that WM played 4 solid quarters until the final horn.....WI stood up and cheered when they took out one of the WM players.

Class Act wink

Yes that was it. They were cheering for injuring a player, not the fact that he got up and walked off the field by himself. Idiot.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Another Daddy crying about his upperclass kid not getting playing time.
What a joke. Your superstar isnt getting it done on the practice field.
Coaches want to win....especially vs. WI. Great rivalry. Its a players game. Recruited FO's couldnt beat WI at the X. FO at WM has been a problem since 2013. AA wrestler made it a scrum & it worked, good coaching move. WI is WI....tough team not to be over-looked. Its a long season, keep working hard everyday. FWIW, its easy to figure out which
parents are on here bashing the coaching staff....support the team instead of bringing them down.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Losers lament

Actually no.....just have a little perspective and maturity

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Class Act wink

Yes that was it. They were cheering for injuring a player, not the fact that he got up and walked off the field by himself. Idiot.

Watch the tape.....then say who the idiot is....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sachem was combined 25 years ago. Similar results.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ok, so what happens in practice? if 2nd line is all sophs, your senior
sonmust be 3rd/4 th line correct? they scrimmage everyday how come your senior middie doesn't beat a soph line with his extra 20 lbs.? but you expect your kid would have done better vs tough WI mids? please explain.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
SN games offense looked like the old times passing the ball and not taking good shots. They would apply pressure, just not good a flow. I thought they had the ball way to much not to score, maybe new coaching staff is limited them too much or looking for 1 player to do it all.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
WI JV also beat WM JV 6-5 great game.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It is my understanding that when the senior all American wrestler came in as a FOGO the score started changing... Not sure if I understand your point. I think if they let him play the field there would have been a major difference in possession certainly and defense too. It was the first time he played all year and there was a swing in momentum when he did. Are you suggesting that the other FO kids should have been used instead because of their college commitments?

We like the all american kid and agree he should be on the field...just not a fogo-I am not even close to saying the other fogo kids should have played because they are committed-but very much saying that the all american isn't as good at it as any of the other three.

Now, if you were losing every fo (think about that kid from sme we will face in a couple of weeks) and you put him there to battle, like a long pole-excellent coaching move, but that was not the case yesterday.

To your point about "momentum" -he didn't win possession as much as any of the former players, nor did he score nor was he given the opportunity to play defense. Having him run on the field and run off after losing possession is just foolish and poor coaching.

I completely agree the all american kid is an asset the coaches let sit on the side line when his size and strength are the exact attributes the team needed yesterday at middie. I also think he would have been a very strong fit during sachem n game and agree that the outcome could have been different if the coaches let him play yesterday (four or five or even 10 other boys in exactly the same position). Same old political nonsense in our happy little town.

I am not attacking any of the wm players.

We at WM have been watching these boys for ten years and we all know each of them, their strengths and weaknesses and when they are on and when they are not. If some kids weren't on, weren't strong enough, couldn't hit the cage, why not see if one of the other kids sitting on the bench were on, were strong enough, were hitting the cage. You and I agree that yesterday, the all american should have been playing (a lot).

the WM coaching leaves a lot to be desired and while some might say too early to pick on the coach (fair point), my opinion is that the team has an opportunity to actually compete for LI championship this year, so giving the coach a pass on a poorly managed, poorly coached game against WI is wasteful and harmful. And if we were all being honest, we would admit that sachem and commack were close games that could have gone wrong.

WM is still coaching as if the two all Americans from last year were on the field. They are gone -get over it and coach the very evenly talented 42 kids you have.

there is not a kid on that team that isn't as good as the other 41, so if fogo by committee, why not middie by committee or attack by committee or d by committee??? Unlike all the recent past years, we have a pretty even talent pool. Someone will undoubtedly say they are building team chemistry-to that I say bs-these boys have all been playing together for years, pal, travel, in house...they know each other well.

for the record, my boy was in all his normal shifts and didn't have a great day. If I were coaching, would have replaced him in that game for another kid...one of several. getting pulled for having a bad day is exactly what this team needs.

we all have to pay 200 for this stupid video service-my kid uses it-suggest that the coaches do the same...

the only people that will disagree with the above are the parents of the other 14 or 15 kids that always play no matter how poorly they are playing. the parents of all the other 26 equally talented boys watching and freezing on the side, will entirely agree-

I am with them....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
WM 2nd middy line is not all sophs and not all are committed.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
there is not a kid on that team that isn't as good as the other 41, so if fogo by committee, why not middie by committee or attack by committee or d by committee?

Dear Bernie Sanders,
are you for real? Ive never heard something so ridiculous.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Coaches want to win....especially vs. WI. Great rivalry. Its a players game. Recruited FO's couldnt beat WI at the X. FO at WM has been a problem since 2013. AA wrestler made it a scrum & it worked, good coaching move. WI is WI....tough team not to be over-looked. Its a long season, keep working hard everyday. FWIW, its easy to figure out which
parents are on here bashing the coaching staff....support the team instead of bringing them down.

sorry, I am a little slow-what is fwiw?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
One loss and you are coming a centimeter short of calling out individual kids on this site, while trying to walk the line and say "they are all great/good". Yeah, that makes it better. I would hate to be caught in a foxhole with you. Its an early season loss. WM is a young team with a lot of new starters, and admittedly came in overrated based upon a win against a Chaminade team which as it turns out, may not be as strong as usual. This WM team is scrappy and will be a tough out by the end of the season and also a dangerous team to face. It is not very difficult to narrow down who this is, so why don't you take a breath and vow to wait 2 days after a loss before you post. And I bet your kid would not appreciate you throwing his teammates under the bus. We have two home games this weekend, take the opportunity at one or both of these games, to approach the parents of the kids you are blaming the loss on (even though you are trying to hide it by pretending to blame the coaches) and let them know how you feel - or better yet, just keep your opinions to yourself. And at the end of the season when these kids who supposedly should "replaced
by committee"- which is ridiculous and not done in Lax at this level - are winning games, you better make sure you are not being a hypocrite and glad-handing everyone and telling them how their kid is "some player".

We like the all american kid and agree he should be on the field...just not a fogo-I am not even close to saying the other fogo kids should have played because they are committed-but very much saying that the all american isn't as good at it as any of the other three.

Now, if you were losing every fo (think about that kid from sme we will face in a couple of weeks) and you put him there to battle, like a long pole-excellent coaching move, but that was not the case yesterday.

To your point about "momentum" -he didn't win possession as much as any of the former players, nor did he score nor was he given the opportunity to play defense. Having him run on the field and run off after losing possession is just foolish and poor coaching.

I completely agree the all american kid is an asset the coaches let sit on the side line when his size and strength are the exact attributes the team needed yesterday at middie. I also think he would have been a very strong fit during sachem n game and agree that the outcome could have been different if the coaches let him play yesterday (four or five or even 10 other boys in exactly the same position). Same old political nonsense in our happy little town.

We at WM have been watching these boys for ten years and we all know each of them, their strengths and weaknesses and when they are on and when they are not. If some kids weren't on, weren't strong enough, couldn't hit the cage, why not see if one of the other kids sitting on the bench were on, were strong enough, were hitting the cage. You and I agree that yesterday, the all american should have been playing (a lot).

the WM coaching leaves a lot to be desired and while some might say too early to pick on the coach (fair point), my opinion is that the team has an opportunity to actually compete for LI championship this year, so giving the coach a pass on a poorly managed, poorly coached game against WI is wasteful and harmful. And if we were all being honest, we would admit that sachem and commack were close games that could have gone wrong.

WM is still coaching as if the two all Americans from last year were on the field. They are gone -get over it and coach the very evenly talented 42 kids you have.

there is not a kid on that team that isn't as good as the other 41, so if fogo by committee, why not middie by committee or attack by committee or d by committee??? Unlike all the recent past years, we have a pretty even talent pool. Someone will undoubtedly say they are building team chemistry-to that I say bs-these boys have all been playing together for years, pal, travel, in house...they know each other well.

for the record, my boy was in all his normal shifts and didn't have a great day. If I were coaching, would have replaced him in that game for another kid...one of several. getting pulled for having a bad day is exactly what this team needs.

we all have to pay 200 for this stupid video service-my kid uses it-suggest that the coaches do the same...

the only people that will disagree with the above are the parents of the other 14 or 15 kids that always play no matter how poorly they are playing. the parents of all the other 26 equally talented boys watching and freezing on the side, will entirely agree-

I am with them....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I am with them....

I watched this game and agree with your points.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
silly, really, but as I read all comments- calling out the coach. you must feel a little defensive, perhaps your kid didn't play real well and feel like the finger is pointed at you...

that is the way of this team, protect your kid's spot...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

sorry, I am a little slow-what is fwiw?

For what its worth...I looked it up myself!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I am with them....

So you're saying that WM has a team of completely equal players? No single player is better than the other 41? That's amazing! Or, you're just completely insane. If playing on the summer team is making the difference in playing time, then play on the summer team. If playing on the summer team helps the boys better understand the coach's offense, then play on the summer team. If playing on the summer team strengthens the coach's faith in particular players (thereby putting them a step above the 41 other equals), then play on the summer team. Or just complain that the world is unfair and no fault lies on you or your son.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I am with them....

So you're saying that WM has a team of completely equal players? No single player is better than the other 41? That's amazing! Or, you're just completely insane. If playing on the summer team is making the difference in playing time, then play on the summer team. If playing on the summer team helps the boys better understand the coach's offense, then play on the summer team. If playing on the summer team strengthens the coach's faith in particular players (thereby putting them a step above the 41 other equals), then play on the summer team. Or just complain that the world is unfair and no fault lies on you or your son.

I'm just amazed you took the time to read his diatribe. I'm not wasting my time.

Page 20 of 77 1 2 18 19 20 21 22 76 77

Link Copied to Clipboard