BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
MD Girls 2028
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,546
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 40 of 86 1 2 38 39 40 41 42 85 86
Re: MadLax Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Whats easy to see are the results of Madlax's own tournament speaking for the level of play by the Madlax Capital 2020 team. I'm calling them a good "A" level team for the summer tournaments, not an "AA" level team where all the other HOCO elite teams will play. Its not petty but a fact as the results speak for themselves. Madlax Capital 2020 should be playing in the HOCO AA division where there's a lot of good teams that are at a similar level.
Kids don't respond to yelling they shut down. Guess your kid is used to it. Sounds like he's right where he should be. Lucky him.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Unfortunately Madlax won't be able to attract any of the better 2020 players who are already on the HOCO elite teams. Not even players from other clubs at the same level like VLC. Watching and hearing the Madlax coach berate players for mistakes isn't going to attract any new players. Only proves to parents and players that its better to be on a team with a coach willing to help them advance/learn and not just yell at them.
Madlax is going to have to re-evaluate whether they want to play in the summer tournaments against the top teams and risk getting blown out against teams better than NL and Hawks. There just not very good and are a tournament A team.

You are very easy to see through sir. You can say they are not Elite but to call them a A team not a AA team you are very petty. As for the coach yelling on the sideline he yells yes but I never hear him call kids names he just points out the error very clear so a young man gets it. Boys/young men respond to clear and loud instruction best. This hippie everyone gets a prize crap is whats wrong with kids today. My son gets more out of his yelling then another coach using 100 more words to make the same point. Kids check out half way through that hippie love coach talk.

He acts a bit insane, honestly. The parents around me couldn't stop laughing, and even the guy filming the tourney was making jokes...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
3d doesn't have the best teams in that grade, but they do have the best coaches. You'll never hear a 3d parent with anything unkind to say about Spencer Ford or Steven Brooks. Those guys are honest and have the best interests of the kids at heart. And those two have done more in the sport of lacrosse than all the Madlax coaches and VLC coaches added together.

As a parent of a player who, along with 4 others, was excited about 3D starting a 2020 team in the area fall of 2014, holding tryouts, then saying "we decided to bag it this year", you would have heard several of us saying unkind things...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]3d doesn't have the best teams in that grade, but they do have the best coaches. You'll never hear a 3d parent with anything unkind to say about Spencer Ford or Steven Brooks. Those guys are honest and have the best interests of the kids at heart. And those two have done more in the sport of lacrosse than all the Madlax coaches and VLC coaches added together.

If lacrosse accolades were a barometer of coaching prowess, all the professional teams would hire former HOF players. Being a great player doesn't necessarily make you a great coach.

Ask people in MD about Spencer Ford's reputation. You'll get a consistent answer.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You are very easy to see through sir. You can say they are not Elite but to call them a A team not a AA team you are very petty. As for the coach yelling on the sideline he yells yes but I never hear him call kids names he just points out the error very clear so a young man gets it. Boys/young men respond to clear and loud instruction best. This hippie everyone gets a prize crap is whats wrong with kids today. My son gets more out of his yelling then another coach using 100 more words to make the same point. Kids check out half way through that hippie love coach talk.

You don't get it. He is referring to "AA" as a top level and "A" as the next group down. That is how everyone in the world refers to lacrosse levels. Only Madlax created this stupid "AAA" level and now HOCO is going along with an "Elite" then "AA", etc.

In other words, the poster was just saying that Madlax 2020 is not a top tier team. God, you are really wrapped up in youth lacrosse.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Steve Brooks awesome!!!!
Spencer Ford.....not so much

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Steve Brooks awesome!!!!

Nonsense. I've loved having Spencer Ford coach my son. I've not heard a single negative from a 3d parent. He's honest with the kdis, he is honest with the parents and he is a great coach.

Yeah, I've heard about "Spencer's reputation around Maryland" more than once. It's usually from a Ryan McClernan apologist. Spencer used to coach Crabs and the parents didn't like it when he didn't think their lacrosse sons were the most special players ever. So sad.

Brooksie and Spencer are good guys and good coaches. And considering the moral and ethical wiring of the other locals like Cabell, Trig and McClernan the local 3d guys are saints. I keep reading who would want to give their son and money to a Madlax scumbag in a Deadspin article, who would want to give their money to a serial cheater and bully at Crabs. Well, you won't read about how 3d parents should feel gross sending some money and their sons with Brooksie and Spencer from 3d parents.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The only flaw I see in Brooks is he sticks to the PVI turd. How can a prep school recruit 20+ kids a year and still be that terrible? It's really hard to do and reflects poorly on the coaching in that program.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Unfortunately Madlax won't be able to attract any of the better 2020 players who are already on the HOCO elite teams. Not even players from other clubs at the same level like VLC. Watching and hearing the Madlax coach berate players for mistakes isn't going to attract any new players. Only proves to parents and players that its better to be on a team with a coach willing to help them advance/learn and not just yell at them.
Madlax is going to have to re-evaluate whether they want to play in the summer tournaments against the top teams and risk getting blown out against teams better than NL and Hawks. There just not very good and are a tournament A team.

He acts a bit insane, honestly. The parents around me couldn't stop laughing, and even the guy filming the tourney was making jokes...

Because the guy filming the tourney is actually Cabbell's brother...........

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Steve Brooks awesome!!!!

Nonsense. I've loved having Spencer Ford coach my son. I've not heard a single negative from a 3d parent. He's honest with the kdis, he is honest with the parents and he is a great coach.

Yeah, I've heard about "Spencer's reputation around Maryland" more than once. It's usually from a Ryan McClernan apologist. Spencer used to coach Crabs and the parents didn't like it when he didn't think their lacrosse sons were the most special players ever. So sad.

Brooksie and Spencer are good guys and good coaches. And considering the moral and ethical wiring of the other locals like Cabell, Trig and McClernan the local 3d guys are saints. I keep reading who would want to give their son and money to a Madlax scumbag in a Deadspin article, who would want to give their money to a serial cheater and bully at Crabs. Well, you won't read about how 3d parents should feel gross sending some money and their sons with Brooksie and Spencer from 3d parents.

Oddly enough, the OP mentioned that they "have done more" than all of the Madlax and VLC coaches together. VLC and Madlax are definitely not one an the same, and should not be compared. Langley, Bueller, and the other VLC coaches are fantastic, so I'm not sure that the OP knows all that much about youth lacrosse in this area...

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Steve Brooks awesome!!!!

Oddly enough, the OP mentioned that they "have done more" than all of the Madlax and VLC coaches together. VLC and Madlax are definitely not one an the same, and should not be compared. Langley, Bueller, and the other VLC coaches are fantastic, so I'm not sure that the OP knows all that much about youth lacrosse in this area...

VLC 2020 has three new coaches Jeff Lewandowski, Chris Daddio and Ray Rice. Congrats to VLC for continuing to provide excellent coaching. I think we will see the 2020 team take off under coach Lew and his staff.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Steve Brooks awesome!!!!

Not true. Ford has been pretty much fired from every coaching job he's ever had. If you've witnessed him on the sidelines, he is no role model for anyone, let alone young kids.

Brooks does have an excellent reputation, so it is surprising he sticks with the sinking ship that is 3d MidAtlantic. They tried to be a relevant program with MD kids and failed. Their cobbled effort of random Annapolis public school kids, and some Fairfax/Loudoun kids has been a disaster.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Steve Brooks awesome!!!!

Not true. Ford has been pretty much fired from every coaching job he's ever had. If you've witnessed him on the sidelines, he is no role model for anyone, let alone young kids.

Brooks does have an excellent reputation, so it is surprising he sticks with the sinking ship that is 3d MidAtlantic. They tried to be a relevant program with MD kids and failed. Their cobbled effort of random Annapolis public school kids, and some Fairfax/Loudoun kids has been a disaster.

Building a great club takes some time. Slapping 3D on Fuze kids will not turn them into champions overnight. It sounds like 3D is doing great things with the 2022s and can build from there. They can't give out a lot of scholarships or the investors won't see the return they want.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Steve Brooks awesome!!!!

Building a great club takes some time. Slapping 3D on Fuze kids will not turn them into champions overnight. It sounds like 3D is doing great things with the 2022s and can build from there. They can't give out a lot of scholarships or the investors won't see the return they want.

So lets throw the Cavs in this mix as we talk about other clubs. Heck throw Battle Lax in the mix also. Because everyone jumping around trying to find the next new good club works so well. Or you should just go to one of three proven teams and hope for the best.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
3D 2021's are now a legit A team. That's not AA (but there are only, what, 15 or so legit AA teams in the country at that age?), but they seem pretty equal at this point. Appear well coached.

Madlax 2022's are good. The fact 3D 2022's beat them in Fall is a good sign.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
3D 2021's are now a legit A team. That's not AA (but there are only, what, 15 or so legit AA teams in the country at that age?), but they seem pretty equal at this point. Appear well coached.

Madlax 2022's are good. The fact 3D 2022's beat them in Fall is a good sign.

I could of guessed they had a good 2021 team because Madlax has a avg to bad 2021 team. So that makes sense.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I could of guessed they had a good 2021 team because Madlax has a avg to bad 2021 team. So that makes sense.

I could have guess you would have written, "I could of".

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Steve Brooks awesome!!!!

3D has some good youth teams. They're also doing girls teams with success, something the other local clubs have not done at all. By the time kids are into high school club lacrosse matters less. The youth teams instruction is more important. I do see the point in these posts about PVI. If you want to call something a disaster that would apply to PVI. Seems like they are always up to 40 college commits yet none of the kids can play at a high level and they can't compete with top teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Let's see what 3d can do. They started with 2016, and their 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020 teams have been terrible.

I've heard the 2022s are good, no idea about the 2021s. The high price of 3d hurts them, for sure.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Let's see what 3d can do. They started with 2016, and their 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020 teams have been terrible.

I've heard the 2022s are good, no idea about the 2021s. The high price of 3d hurts them, for sure.

what is the cost all-in for the year?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The same as Madlax when you add it all up.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The same as Madlax when you add it all up.

In other words, way too much.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Complete lie.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The only flaw I see in Brooks is he sticks to the PVI turd. How can a prep school recruit 20+ kids a year and still be that terrible? It's really hard to do and reflects poorly on the coaching in that program.

Oh that's right, making it to the WCAC championship is terrible.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Losing to SJC last week - ouch.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Oh that's right, making it to the WCAC championship is terrible.

After Gonzaga there isn't a good team in the league and some of the teams are terrible. Making it to the WCAC championship by beating Bishop Ireton or SJC is what it is...a win against a very weak opponent. Remind us of the recent wins against Gonzaga again.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
At some point, you have to blame the PVI coaching. Or lack thereof.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Gonzaga is double the size, has a much bigger senior class, and is littered with holdbacks, so it's not quite a far comparison. Furthermore, the last time pvi played them it was 7 - 6 late into the 4th. Not saying they are a top 25 team, but definitely not terrible.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Gonzaga is double the size, has a much bigger senior class, and is littered with holdbacks, so it's not quite a far comparison. Furthermore, the last time pvi played them it was 7 - 6 late into the 4th. Not saying they are a top 25 team, but definitely not terrible.

PVI has how many D1 verbals on this years team? -- Ok now that you have answered this question. What should the record be for the next let's say 3 years?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

PVI has how many D1 verbals on this years team? -- Ok now that you have answered this question. What should the record be for the next let's say 3 years?

Says the uninformed, lax-dad, wannabe who only looks at one factor - the number of commits. You are a moron.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No doubt PVI has under performed. They certainly are not terrible. They have some good wins. Some of their higher profile commits are young. The attackman committed to Hopkins is a freshman. On the other hand Gonzaga has several freshman committed to top schools. It will be interesting to see what the 2020 classes look like.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
One of Gonzaga's seniors was the second earliest verbal in history for his class. At that time it was winter of 9th grade. He's likely the 5th best middie on his high school team, granted Gonzaga is a top prep team. If he makes All Met it would need to be a political thing because lacrosse on the field won't do it. That's not unusual. Many earliest recruits, including a few at PVI, get passed by on their teams and by the players on their rival teams. Counting early commits up to grade a program is dumb.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What does this have to do with Madlax?

Their 2020 team drops out because they can't admit they are a mediocre team. Meanwhile, their 2021 team has been outscored by the Crabs and Club Blue 24-2.

Great time to be Madlax.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Their 2020 team drops out because they can't admit they are a mediocre team. Meanwhile, their 2021 team has been outscored by the Crabs and Club Blue 24-2.

Great time to be Madlax.

Settle down. You can resume your petty madlax bashing.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Great time to be Madlax.

Settle down. You can resume your petty madlax bashing.

We can agree that 2020 and 2021 are down classes for Madlax. But can you name a NOVA team in those classes that is playing at a high to elite level. Those two classes are down years for the NOVA area. Please show me how I am wrong about this.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Madlax 2020
not playing this spring

Madlax 2021
0-2. Outscored 24-2

Madlax 2022
0-2. Outscored 22-14

Madlax 2023
1-1. Outscored 16-14

Madlax 2024
2-0. Outscoring 18-13

Overall: 3-5. Outscored 75-48

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Madlax 2020
not playing this spring

Madlax 2021
0-2. Outscored 24-2

Madlax 2022
0-2. Outscored 22-14

Madlax 2023
1-1. Outscored 16-14

Madlax 2024
2-0. Outscoring 18-13

Ok got it but Please put the level of play and club with scores for any of the other NOVA clubs then we can compare.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Madlax 2020
not playing this spring

Madlax 2021
0-2. Outscored 24-2

Madlax 2022
0-2. Outscored 22-14

Madlax 2023
1-1. Outscored 16-14

Madlax 2024
2-0. Outscoring 18-13

Ok got it but Please put the level of play and club with scores for any of the other NOVA clubs then we can compare.

3D has a 2022 team competing at the top level and that is it. They are also 0-2.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Madlax 2020
not playing this spring

Madlax 2021
0-2. Outscored 24-2

Madlax 2022
0-2. Outscored 22-14

Madlax 2023
1-1. Outscored 16-14

Madlax 2024
2-0. Outscoring 18-13

3D has a 2022 team competing at the top level and that is it. They are also 0-2.

Ok so my point that NOVA has a talent problem not a bad Madlax problem. Please prove me wrong. I am guessing the Dads will wise up and move there kids to Madlax soon. LOL

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Madlax 2020
not playing this spring

Madlax 2021
0-2. Outscored 24-2

Madlax 2022
0-2. Outscored 22-14

Madlax 2023
1-1. Outscored 16-14

Madlax 2024
2-0. Outscoring 18-13

Ok so my point that NOVA has a talent problem not a bad Madlax problem. Please prove me wrong. I am guessing the Dads will wise up and move there kids to Madlax soon. LOL
Don't hold your breath.... At this point, 8th grade, I'm betting the ones that aren't there don't want to be.

Like Reply Quote
Page 40 of 86 1 2 38 39 40 41 42 85 86
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard