BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,715
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 7 of 21 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 20 21
Re: Team Elevate Girls Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
why don't you email/call DK and ask?...

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Elevate 18 Red has 18 girls and the asst Coach has been with the team since the fall.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Elevate 18 Red has 18 girls and the asst Coach has been with the team since the fall.

The ugly stepdaughter team. Not going to the top tournaments, that luxury is only for the blue team. The red team are last nights left overs, with parents who are in denial about their daughters lack of talent, but I guess that can be said about any 2nd or 3rd team. This team in particulat are made up of TG old white, those who didn't make '91, and Elevate former white. My daughter is not looking to play in college, shes on team to keep fit. I listen like a fly on the wall to parents who know it all, its amusing.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The ugly stepdaughter team. Not going to the top tournaments, that luxury is only for the blue team. The red team are last nights left overs, with parents who are in denial about their daughters lack of talent, but I guess that can be said about any 2nd or 3rd team. This team in particulat are made up of TG old white, those who didn't make '91, and Elevate former white. My daughter is not looking to play in college, shes on team to keep fit. I listen like a fly on the wall to parents who know it all, its amusing.

I could think of a few more cost effective ways to stay fit but whatever works for you...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Seemed like they struggled to get to 10 girls at tournaments this fall. 18 sounds like s stretch. I know the coach from last year quit as did most of the girls. Sounds like the summer is going to be a blast at Elevate!

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
might be a stupid ? but where did the Red girls go to that they are not on the team this year?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
might be a stupid ? but where did the Red girls go to that they are not on the team this year?

Not a stupid question. I know 3 or 4 girls went to Top Guns and another 4 or 5 went to Liberty. Based on the conversations I have had with the few who stayed, we are quite pleased with our decision to move on. Our daughter had a great off-season with the team she elected to move to and had a lot of opportunities this winter that she otherwise would not have had this year if she had stayed at Elevate. Most people know when its time to move on.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not a stupid question. I know 3 or 4 girls went to Top Guns and another 4 or 5 went to Liberty. Based on the conversations I have had with the few who stayed, we are quite pleased with our decision to move on. Our daughter had a great off-season with the team she elected to move to and had a lot of opportunities this winter that she otherwise would not have had this year if she had stayed at Elevate. Most people know when its time to move on.

You know what's funny about this and it's no way a knock but a bunch of Liberty and TG girls left last season for similar reasons and probably feel they made the right decision as well! I guess for every three of four that leave there are three or four ready to take their spot.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How many practices does elevate have during the summer?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Depends on how many teams DK can squeeze on Holy Trinity's field at one time

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You know what's funny about this and it's no way a knock but a bunch of Liberty and TG girls left last season for similar reasons and probably feel they made the right decision as well! I guess for every three of four that leave there are three or four ready to take their spot.

It would be news if someone left one clubs B team to join another clubs A team but that is not the case. With this being said, I would imagine the Red team for 2018 will still be one of the top 6 or so teams on LI

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It would be news if someone left one clubs B team to join another clubs A team but that is not the case. With this being said, I would imagine the Red team for 2018 will still be one of the top 6 or so teams on LI

Not sure being labeled a top 6 or so LI team is a good thing

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It is the TE 'B' team and if you throw in the top 2 YJ teams and TG Black, that is four teams ahead of them not counting a few other teams with one team in the age group that are better Liberty, T9 LI Wave? Maybe top 6 is too high but being a top 6 team on LI I don't think is a bad thing.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

NOT a top 6 team. Off the top of my head they would be behind the following teams and maybe puts them at 10. Feel free to add any I omitted.

YJ 1
YJ 2
YJ 3
Liberty 1
Liberty 2
TG 1
Wave (this Elevate team lost to them last summer)
Title 9 (this Elevate team lost to them last summer)
LI Express 1

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You forgot YJ 4,5 and 6

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Don't know about Red this year with the supposed personnel changes but last years Red was better than YJ 3 Liberty 2 and LI Express. Can't think of any other teams that you missed.
This is why it would be great to have some kind of a LI league after the summer season and in between the fall tourneys. It would also be a great time to play since the teams have been together for a period of time.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Honestly, to be ranked 6 or 10 really doesn't matter especially if you are being lumped in with wave and express.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Which Elevate year are we talking about here?....cannot see previous discussion link..

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Which Elevate year are we talking about here?....cannot see previous discussion link..

I think 2018 but probably applies to most of the rest as well

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not sure being labeled a top 6 or so LI team is a good thing

Yeah. What does being the 6th best team on LI mean? If you played the best team on LI you'd lose 20-2.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thxs...there are a bunch of talented teams at the 2020 level this year...TG, YJ Liberty and Elevate all have some real competitive teams this year...always a fun group to watch play..good luck to them all this year!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Any chance I can get an honest answer?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Depends on how many teams DK can squeeze on Holy Trinity's field at one time

Any chance I can get an honest answer? [/quot

Probably not on here, if you are sincerely interested email them, their contact info is all over their website.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Honestly, to be ranked 6 or 10 really doesn't matter especially if you are being lumped in with wave and express.

Only matters to crazy parents

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If you call DK, he will set you up with as much practice as you want. He and VK will do all the privates you have time and money for. Oh yeah, bring cash!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Elevate doesn't have 18 kids on that red team. Not even close. More like 10 kids. This summer the biggest challenge for that team will be convincing kids from the 2018 Blue team play with them so they can field a team. Good luck if you are on that team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How come the Elevate team won't play United?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Only matters to crazy parents

Why do you say it only matters to crazy parents? Is it really worth spending 3-5k for travel lax to play on a low ranked team?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
because only crazy parents care about club rankings

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If you look at what club your daughter should play if your daughter wants to play in college. Just visit the club websites. Look at the 2018s for instance as that would be a good sign of where that club is at today. YJ - 30 commits, TG - 17 commits next is Liberty - 7 commits and ONLY YJ and TG have any 2019 and 2020s committed so far. Just food for thought and may be a good way to determine a club ranking for LI.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If you look at what club your daughter should play if your daughter wants to play in college. Just visit the club websites. Look at the 2018s for instance as that would be a good sign of where that club is at today. YJ - 30 commits, TG - 17 commits next is Liberty - 7 commits and ONLY YJ and TG have any 2019 and 2020s committed so far. Just food for thought and may be a good way to determine a club ranking for LI.

YJ 800 players, TG 400 players Liberty 200 players...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

fair enough, so just compare the top two teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Probably not a good analogy because only YJ top two teams are heavily recruited but what it does highlight is that YJ has much more depth beyond first team as opposed to other clubs.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Players are recruited , not teams , if your daughter can play she will find the right match. If she is an incredible talent it matters zero what club she plays for

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
so true.....cream rises to the top no matter where they play....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Players are recruited , not teams , if your daughter can play she will find the right match. If she is an incredible talent it matters zero what club she plays for

Would it be fair to say they majority of the cream play for YJ by the recruiting numbers?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
For the most part I agree

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

First of the " incredible talents" are rare. It does matter what club you play for . YJ easily gets the most and earliest exposure and have the most connections by far of all the teams on LI. It can also work against kids in that I think you are better off being a top 5 player on a lesser club than a number 20 on YJ.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes it Would be fair. but make no mistake players make the club not the other way around.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
wow..that's a boatload of $$ when you see #'s like that!...nice to be a travel lax director, huh?

Like Reply Quote
Page 7 of 21 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 20 21
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard