Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Originally Posted by Anonymous
Aren't CSH and Bronxville very small schools? Why is Class A power Syo having difficulty with such small schools?

I asked a ref last night about your post and he told me that the rules as they currently are written says that regardless of a schools total population and the size of a teams roster both teams are only allowed to play 10 players at a time, it is a quality not quantity question. I don't know about Bronxville but the CSH 10 are pretty damn good.

Bronxville and CSH are two of the best small schools in the state. Having a small school just makes it harder to field a great lacrosse team, and a lot fewer of the small schools can do it. But for those that can, they will be just as good as a large school. Its still the same sport.

CSH is ranked nationally, small school doesn't matter if they continue to have a solid lacrosse program.

That and Syosset is eternally overrated.

BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: High School Lax Boys [Re: Anonymous] #158002
04/04/16 06:42 PM
04/04/16 06:42 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Aren't CSH and Bronxville very small schools? Why is Class A power Syo having difficulty with such small schools?

I asked a ref last night about your post and he told me that the rules as they currently are written says that regardless of a schools total population and the size of a teams roster both teams are only allowed to play 10 players at a time, it is a quality not quantity question. I don't know about Bronxville but the CSH 10 are pretty damn good.

Bronxville and CSH are two of the best small schools in the state. Having a small school just makes it harder to field a great lacrosse team, and a lot fewer of the small schools can do it. But for those that can, they will be just as good as a large school. Its still the same sport.

CSH is ranked nationally, small school doesn't matter if they continue to have a solid lacrosse program.

They did win the Long Island championship and lose in the state semis to the eventual winner. Lets try and be fair here

Re: High School Lax Boys [Re: Anonymous] #158005
04/04/16 07:02 PM
04/04/16 07:02 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They did win the Long Island championship and lose in the state semis to the eventual winner. Lets try and be fair here

Victor won, they lost to a different team. Victor will win it all again. The upstate area is much hotter than LI now, maybe because they don't buy into all the BS and just play the game!

Re: High School Lax Boys [Re: Anonymous] #158010
04/04/16 07:34 PM
04/04/16 07:34 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I asked a ref last night about your post and he told me that the rules as they currently are written says that regardless of a schools total population and the size of a teams roster both teams are only allowed to play 10 players at a time, it is a quality not quantity question. I don't know about Bronxville but the CSH 10 are pretty damn good. [/quote]

Bronxville and CSH are two of the best small schools in the state. Having a small school just makes it harder to field a great lacrosse team, and a lot fewer of the small schools can do it. But for those that can, they will be just as good as a large school. Its still the same sport. [/quote]

CSH is ranked nationally, small school doesn't matter if they continue to have a solid lacrosse program. [/quote]

That and Syosset is eternally overrated. [/quote]

They did win the Long Island championship and lose in the state semis to the eventual winner. Lets try and be fair here [/quote]

Victor won, they lost to a different team. Victor will win it all again. The upstate area is much hotter than LI now, maybe because
they don't buy into all the BS and just play the game! [/quote]

Youre right they lost to Niskayuna who lost to Victor. Upstate lacrosse has always been good, West Genny was a dynasty at one point.

Re: High School Lax Boys [Re: Anonymous] #158014
04/04/16 07:53 PM
04/04/16 07:53 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Victor won, they lost to a different team. Victor will win it all again. The upstate area is much hotter than LI now, maybe because they don't buy into all the BS and just play the game!

Victor was a "B" last year - Syo lost to Niskayuna in the state semi's and eventual state champios

Sponsored Links
Re: High School Lax Boys [Re: Anonymous] #158026
04/04/16 08:30 PM
04/04/16 08:30 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Victor was a "B" last year - Syo lost to Niskayuna in the state semi's and eventual state champios

Yes that's right! I know Victor is the real deal. How in the world did Syosset list to Niskayuna? Who even are they? Pequa blew through everyone the year before after winning a nail biter to S East.

Re: High School Lax Boys [Re: Anonymous] #158029
04/04/16 09:01 PM
04/04/16 09:01 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I will explain it slowly to the appalled Chaminade lovers. Because the Chaminade lacrosse parents are so pompous, its total gloat time. Because in order to send your kid there to play lacrosse, you think your kid is pretty darn good to begin with. You know 100+ kids are going to be at the tryouts. But you send him anyway. They would rather their kid not play on a winner, than play at home or another private on what the parents see as inferior. It's only when their superstar kid gets cut do they start complaining. Maybe their kid could make a lesser program great (ie. the Thompsons go to Albany vs Syracuse). But it easier to join a proven winner (a la 91 and Express) and puff your chests how you dominate people. Well its time for your comeuppance. A bunch of highly touted, big time D-1 committed "individuals" were beaten by a public school team and every non-Chaminade parent absolutely loves it. So when this happens and they can't puff out their chests proudly in their red apparel, they say, "well, we sent him for the academics anyway." LOL. One can only pray that the publics continue give the Big 2 trouble, and we can all watch from a far with a huge grin.

Not a Chaminade fan, but you really are a sad and pathetic loser with a serious inferiority complex. Probably never play the game at a competitive level either. Get a life and move on.

Wrong, wrong, wrong, and wrong again. But nice try.

Re: High School Lax Boys [Re: Anonymous] #158030
04/04/16 09:03 PM
04/04/16 09:03 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

couldn't agree more....you absolutely know that the guy is a frustrated parent who had a son(s) who either got cut from Chaminade or never got accepted. To spend the inordinate amount of time bashing Chaminade shows a real issue...gloating" about a HS lax team failures?..really?

Wrong, but nice try, like the above Chammy parent.

Re: High School Lax Boys [Re: Anonymous] #158033
04/04/16 09:27 PM
04/04/16 09:27 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes that's right! I know Victor is the real deal. How in the world did Syosset list to Niskayuna? Who even are they? Pequa blew through everyone the year before after winning a nail biter to S East.

Yikes yiu don't know Nisky guess you havnt been around that long... ebr hear of west genee Carthage

Re: High School Lax Boys [Re: Anonymous] #158050
04/05/16 01:40 AM
04/05/16 01:40 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Like North Carolina. A lot of hype and wins during the regular season but no State Championship trophies in the case. Manhasset lost to Victor in the finals and you dont hear them crowing about making it a step further than Syosset. They judge themselves by how many state trophies they have, not how many semi final appearances.

Sponsored Links
Re: High School Lax Boys [Re: Anonymous] #158121
04/05/16 02:34 PM
04/05/16 02:34 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

sure

Re: High School Lax Boys [Re: TommyM] #158142
04/05/16 05:08 PM
04/05/16 05:08 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Big games today

Re: High School Lax Boys [Re: Anonymous] #158147
04/05/16 05:20 PM
04/05/16 05:20 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Big games today

Friars v Flyers..doesn't get any bigger

Re: High School Lax Boys [Re: Anonymous] #158150
04/05/16 05:34 PM
04/05/16 05:34 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Big games today

Friars v Flyers..doesn't get any bigger

what a boring battle of the mediocres, had to turn it off !

Re: High School Lax Boys [Re: Anonymous] #158157
04/05/16 05:49 PM
04/05/16 05:49 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Pequa playing a non league Vs some team from Washington state

Page 50 of 205 1 2 48 49 50 51 52 204 205