BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,586
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 19 of 77 1 2 17 18 19 20 21 76 77
Re: High School Lax Boys
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Aren't CSH and Bronxville very small schools? Why is Class A power Syo having difficulty with such small schools?

What makes you think Syosset is any good? When was the last time they won a state championship? They talk the best game in town but when you look at their trophy case, only participation medals.

Is that what they are calling Nassau county championships and Long Island Championships ?? Participation medals ? Wow , these poor kids are killing themselves all season to have you , someone who at their age couldn't imagine playing at their level , knock the hard work they are all putting in to call themselves Long Island Champions. I don't know what your school did last year and how far their lacrosse season went but I am damn proud of our team for winning and know that a Long Island Champion is no participation medal. At least not in Class A against pequea and smithtown east. There is no easy road there. Give credit to kids where credit is due.
As to the "Syosset parent" who keeps jumping on here talking about giving out shalackings, you people fall for it every time .... Do u even notice that they wait for the Syosset talk to die down and as soon as it does they say something just to get people to lash out against Syosset again. Happens every few pages , watch the pattern and it's the same quick senseless comment just to get ppl to start slamming the same town.
That's the problem with thiese anonymous boards, believe less than half of what u read , the fact that someone would come on here and say that kids are turning on each other for playing time ....makes me sick that people would blatantly lie about this especially when it has to do with the kids . The 3-4 parents that are causing trouble and upset are no different than any other varsity team on Long Island , only difference is they can't understand that their kid is on the sideline bc they would be better off on JV where it is age appropriate and would get all the playing time they could want . But it's all about the parents ego. You can't have it both ways .

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I will explain it slowly to the appalled Chaminade lovers. Because the Chaminade lacrosse parents are so pompous, its total gloat time. Because in order to send your kid there to play lacrosse, you think your kid is pretty darn good to begin with. You know 100+ kids are going to be at the tryouts. But you send him anyway. They would rather their kid not play on a winner, than play at home or another private on what the parents see as inferior. It's only when their superstar kid gets cut do they start complaining. Maybe their kid could make a lesser program great (ie. the Thompsons go to Albany vs Syracuse). But it easier to join a proven winner (a la 91 and Express) and puff your chests how you dominate people. Well its time for your comeuppance. A bunch of highly touted, big time D-1 committed "individuals" were beaten by a public school team and every non-Chaminade parent absolutely loves it. So when this happens and they can't puff out their chests proudly in their red apparel, they say, "well, we sent him for the academics anyway." LOL. One can only pray that the publics continue give the Big 2 trouble, and we can all watch from a far with a huge grin.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Aren't CSH and Bronxville very small schools? Why is Class A power Syo having difficulty with such small schools?

What makes you think Syosset is any good? When was the last time they won a state championship? They talk the best game in town but when you look at their trophy case, only participation medals.

Is that what they are calling Nassau county championships and Long Island Championships ?? Participation medals ? Wow , these poor kids are killing themselves all season to have you , someone who at their age couldn't imagine playing at their level , knock the hard work they are all putting in to call themselves Long Island Champions. I don't know what your school did last year and how far their lacrosse season went but I am damn proud of our team for winning and know that a Long Island Champion is no participation medal. At least not in Class A against pequea and smithtown east. There is no easy road there. Give credit to kids where credit is due.
As to the "Syosset parent" who keeps jumping on here talking about giving out shalackings, you people fall for it every time .... Do u even notice that they wait for the Syosset talk to die down and as soon as it does they say something just to get people to lash out against Syosset again. Happens every few pages , watch the pattern and it's the same quick senseless comment just to get ppl to start slamming the same town.
That's the problem with thiese anonymous boards, believe less than half of what u read , the fact that someone would come on here and say that kids are turning on each other for playing time ....makes me sick that people would blatantly lie about this especially when it has to do with the kids . The 3-4 parents that are causing trouble and upset are no different than any other varsity team on Long Island , only difference is they can't understand that their kid is on the sideline bc they would be better off on JV where it is age appropriate and would get all the playing time they could want . But it's all about the parents ego. You can't have it both ways .

Wow. That was long winded. Missed part of it. Could you repeat it again.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
WM PARENT...Posted a few days back. Someone said my comment was thoughtful and someone called me a housewife- for the record, i am neither.

The prior comments about parents (at least this parent) smiling because a public beats chammy, are ridiculous. WM was smiling because they beat a great program with a great track record...in a sloppy, but well fought contest. same outcome as last year.

Unlike the crazy posters, WM has no inferiority complex and simply wants to compete and play with the best.

Honestly, if lucky enough and good enough, beating sme, smw, wi, conectquot...-will evoke more smiles than were on people's faces on Saturday. Better yet, leaving the island by beating pequa or syosset or whichever team represents Nassau A this year at hofstra is more important to WM team and parents than winning a game in early april...

I think the people that are offended by chammy have an inferiority complex. Very much the same as the people that think early recruiting has ruined lax forever...because they didn't send their kid to chammy and because no one recruited their son, everything is bad and rigged and the world isn't fair...

if your kid is in chammy and on lax team, well done. if your kid isn't but he is happy, look up to the sky and say thank you...

no $ to play lax as a career, but if someone hands your 9th grader 20k in tuition reduction a year to pretty much any school (assuming you need to the money), take it and again, say thank you.

cant wait for the words of wisdom in reply

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
WM PARENT...Posted a few days back. Someone said my comment was thoughtful and someone called me a housewife- for the record, i am neither.

The prior comments about parents (at least this parent) smiling because a public beats chammy, are ridiculous. WM was smiling because they beat a great program with a great track record...in a sloppy, but well fought contest. same outcome as last year.

Unlike the crazy posters, WM has no inferiority complex and simply wants to compete and play with the best.

Honestly, if lucky enough and good enough, beating sme, smw, wi, conectquot...-will evoke more smiles than were on people's faces on Saturday. Better yet, leaving the island by beating pequa or syosset or whichever team represents Nassau A this year at hofstra is more important to WM team and parents than winning a game in early april...

I think the people that are offended by chammy have an inferiority complex. Very much the same as the people that think early recruiting has ruined lax forever...because they didn't send their kid to chammy and because no one recruited their son, everything is bad and rigged and the world isn't fair...

if your kid is in chammy and on lax team, well done. if your kid isn't but he is happy, look up to the sky and say thank you...

no $ to play lax as a career, but if someone hands your 9th grader 20k in tuition reduction a year to pretty much any school (assuming you need to the money), take it and again, say thank you.

Pretty much sums up my feelings on the matter, well done

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Chaminade started this with their bragging. My son plays for one of the programs you mentioned and we look forward to the showdown with you, always exciting. I'm glad you won , but their is no inferiority complex on this end, just pride that a good public beats the privileged private once again. Great job!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They are both really good teams. That is why.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Here is your reply, BRILLIANT sir!! Well said, now let the dopes respond!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Bronxville has a better midfield with 2 juniors and a soph who are playing at the next level. Their D is suspect but 2 good goalies as well and a capable attack.
Win the midfield battle, you always have a chance, even if a small school v bigger school.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I asked a ref last night about your post and he told me that the rules as they currently are written says that regardless of a schools total population and the size of a teams roster both teams are only allowed to play 10 players at a time, it is a quality not quantity question. I don't know about Bronxville but the CSH 10 are pretty damn good.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I will explain it slowly to the appalled Chaminade lovers. Because the Chaminade lacrosse parents are so pompous, its total gloat time. Because in order to send your kid there to play lacrosse, you think your kid is pretty darn good to begin with. You know 100+ kids are going to be at the tryouts. But you send him anyway. They would rather their kid not play on a winner, than play at home or another private on what the parents see as inferior. It's only when their superstar kid gets cut do they start complaining. Maybe their kid could make a lesser program great (ie. the Thompsons go to Albany vs Syracuse). But it easier to join a proven winner (a la 91 and Express) and puff your chests how you dominate people. Well its time for your comeuppance. A bunch of highly touted, big time D-1 committed "individuals" were beaten by a public school team and every non-Chaminade parent absolutely loves it. So when this happens and they can't puff out their chests proudly in their red apparel, they say, "well, we sent him for the academics anyway." LOL. One can only pray that the publics continue give the Big 2 trouble, and we can all watch from a far with a huge grin.

Not a Chaminade fan, but you really are a sad and pathetic loser with a serious inferiority complex. Probably never play the game at a competitive level either. Get a life and move on.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
couldn't agree more....you absolutely know that the guy is a frustrated parent who had a son(s) who either got cut from Chaminade or never got accepted. To spend the inordinate amount of time bashing Chaminade shows a real issue...gloating" about a HS lax team failures?..really?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Obviously, this person does not represent the majority of lacrosse parents. Most of us respect all players from all schools, as well as their parents.

"I am not what you think I am. YOU are what you think I am" - Buddha

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I asked a ref last night about your post and he told me that the rules as they currently are written says that regardless of a schools total population and the size of a teams roster both teams are only allowed to play 10 players at a time, it is a quality not quantity question. I don't know about Bronxville but the CSH 10 are pretty damn good.

Bronxville and CSH are two of the best small schools in the state. Having a small school just makes it harder to field a great lacrosse team, and a lot fewer of the small schools can do it. But for those that can, they will be just as good as a large school. Its still the same sport.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Bronxville and CSH are two of the best small schools in the state. Having a small school just makes it harder to field a great lacrosse team, and a lot fewer of the small schools can do it. But for those that can, they will be just as good as a large school. Its still the same sport.

CSH is ranked nationally, small school doesn't matter if they continue to have a solid lacrosse program.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

CSH is ranked nationally, small school doesn't matter if they continue to have a solid lacrosse program.

That and Syosset is eternally overrated.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They did win the Long Island championship and lose in the state semis to the eventual winner. Lets try and be fair here

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They did win the Long Island championship and lose in the state semis to the eventual winner. Lets try and be fair here

Victor won, they lost to a different team. Victor will win it all again. The upstate area is much hotter than LI now, maybe because they don't buy into all the BS and just play the game!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I asked a ref last night about your post and he told me that the rules as they currently are written says that regardless of a schools total population and the size of a teams roster both teams are only allowed to play 10 players at a time, it is a quality not quantity question. I don't know about Bronxville but the CSH 10 are pretty damn good. [/quote]

Bronxville and CSH are two of the best small schools in the state. Having a small school just makes it harder to field a great lacrosse team, and a lot fewer of the small schools can do it. But for those that can, they will be just as good as a large school. Its still the same sport. [/quote]

CSH is ranked nationally, small school doesn't matter if they continue to have a solid lacrosse program. [/quote]

That and Syosset is eternally overrated. [/quote]

They did win the Long Island championship and lose in the state semis to the eventual winner. Lets try and be fair here [/quote]

Victor won, they lost to a different team. Victor will win it all again. The upstate area is much hotter than LI now, maybe because
they don't buy into all the BS and just play the game! [/quote]

Youre right they lost to Niskayuna who lost to Victor. Upstate lacrosse has always been good, West Genny was a dynasty at one point.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Victor won, they lost to a different team. Victor will win it all again. The upstate area is much hotter than LI now, maybe because they don't buy into all the BS and just play the game!

Victor was a "B" last year - Syo lost to Niskayuna in the state semi's and eventual state champios

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Victor was a "B" last year - Syo lost to Niskayuna in the state semi's and eventual state champios

Yes that's right! I know Victor is the real deal. How in the world did Syosset list to Niskayuna? Who even are they? Pequa blew through everyone the year before after winning a nail biter to S East.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not a Chaminade fan, but you really are a sad and pathetic loser with a serious inferiority complex. Probably never play the game at a competitive level either. Get a life and move on.

Wrong, wrong, wrong, and wrong again. But nice try.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
couldn't agree more....you absolutely know that the guy is a frustrated parent who had a son(s) who either got cut from Chaminade or never got accepted. To spend the inordinate amount of time bashing Chaminade shows a real issue...gloating" about a HS lax team failures?..really?

Wrong, but nice try, like the above Chammy parent.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes that's right! I know Victor is the real deal. How in the world did Syosset list to Niskayuna? Who even are they? Pequa blew through everyone the year before after winning a nail biter to S East.

Yikes yiu don't know Nisky guess you havnt been around that long... ebr hear of west genee Carthage

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Like North Carolina. A lot of hype and wins during the regular season but no State Championship trophies in the case. Manhasset lost to Victor in the finals and you dont hear them crowing about making it a step further than Syosset. They judge themselves by how many state trophies they have, not how many semi final appearances.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
sure

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Big games today

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Big games today

Friars v Flyers..doesn't get any bigger

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Big games today

Friars v Flyers..doesn't get any bigger

what a boring battle of the mediocres, had to turn it off !

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Pequa playing a non league Vs some team from Washington state

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who made the call on cancelling todays HS games because of the cold?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Score on Chaminade game?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
St. Anthony's 5. Chaminade 4.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What games got cancelled?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

JV Game was 10-9 Chaminade in OT

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I guess so much for Anthony's being a dominant team at either level. Catholic league looks like it is way over rated again

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And your kid plays for who ????? Ok let me guess....top rated academic HS with numerous Intel science winners, Ivy school admits and a state champion lax team full of top 10 lax commits where all the parents are happy and none complain about the coach.....

Now reality......your son cant make either team so he plays at a low level public school.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I guess so much for Anthony's being a dominant team at either level. Catholic league looks like it is way over rated again

What's more interesting to me, is how Chaminade was only able to pull of an OT win. Both teams not as good as advertised, especially chaminade with the parents of the sophomores acting like they should be on varsity. Catholics a total mess!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

isn't there a rule on the weather. Funny unlike PAL there are rules to follow like under a certain temp you do not play, or wind gusts.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What's more interesting to me, is how Chaminade was only able to pull of an OT win. Both teams not as good as advertised, especially chaminade with the parents of the sophomores acting like they should be on varsity. Catholics a total mess!

Why is the catholic league a mess. St Anthonys was supposed to be bad this year. As or the jv teams that was club parents talking up Chaminade. Both jv programs would dominate 80 percent of varsity teams on long island. As for varsity programs they are opposite of public school programs. Both teams play a few easier games then the toughest schedule out there. Public schools play easy schedules with a few descent games. No public school would subject their teams to the schedule these teams do.

Page 19 of 77 1 2 17 18 19 20 21 76 77

Link Copied to Clipboard