BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 17 of 77 1 2 15 16 17 18 19 76 77
Re: High School Lax Boys
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
TR saw some writing on the wall at SYO.
Good for him and his kids to go another direction.

Team / parent dynamic will be a sump this year.
Will be horrific to be on the sidelines watching the parents.

Or maybe the beginnings of a new reality TV show on Spike- Real Lax Parents of Syosset.

How did his kids go in another direction ? His oldest kid is on varsity at Syo. Get the facts correct moron.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
that's because you were on your cell phone/tablet the whole game..

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Or maybe the beginnings of a new reality TV show on Spike- Real Lax Parents of Syosset.

How did his kids go in another direction ? His oldest kid is on varsity at Syo. Get the facts correct moron.

leave the kids out of it

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You joke, but we don't hear you denying it. The rumors are out that the parents want JC gone, they're sick of his BS. How do you have a winning season when the coach, players and parents are divided? fight amongst yourselves but stop acting like thugs at games.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You joke, but we don't hear you denying it. The rumors are out that the parents want JC gone, they're sick of his BS. How do you have a winning season when the coach, players and parents are divided? fight amongst yourselves but stop acting like thugs at games.

What kind of TROLL are you ?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

leave the kids out of it

EVERYONE, NO KIDS MENTIONED ANYMORE!!! FIRST AND LAST WARNING.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
I read the previous posts and the reference to his kids was not a bad one. I would prefer that the kids not be brought up at all in this particular conversation.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You talking about the BS about winning the Long Island Championship? Or the BS that SYO 4 game win in scrimmage two weeks ago? Maybe you are talking about the BS that JC has created the best program in Nassau County - so good in fact that the coach from Pequa went to SYO. You can bash them, you can make up whatever you want. 3 parents who think there kid needs more playing time is not "all the parents" looking to get rid of JC. And just because a previous SYO coach has a beef with JC and trying to create rumors and get him fired, doesn't mean parents want him out. Good luck this season wherever you are - if you're playing SYO, you will need it!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Teddy Roosevelt is from Syosett??? Who knew......

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by America's Game
I read the previous posts and the reference to his kids was not a bad one. I would prefer that the kids not be brought up at all in this particular conversation.

If it's an opinion on a kid you are correct . Kids should not be judged but if it is a fact about what team a kid plays for, where is the fault. Did you moderate when someone asked about USA kid when inquiring about Syosset. Be even handed in this and don't cave to the crybabies and carpetbaggers.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Originally Posted by America's Game

If it's an opinion on a kid you are correct . Kids should not be judged but if it is a fact about what team a kid plays for, where is the fault. Did you moderate when someone asked about USA kid when inquiring about Syosset. Be even handed in this and don't cave to the crybabies and carpetbaggers.

Are you joking. I am not the only moderator but I always try and protect the kids. Look up my posts. I can not review every post on here. I do my best and if you think I am picking and choosing you are 100% incorrect. I read the posts saw they were not saying anything bad about the kids and I did mention that. I also said keep the kids out of it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Speak softly and carry a big stick. Was TR a defenseman?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yeah, he liked to get out on the ball carrier but his coach would always tell him Sag-some-more.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yeah, he liked to get out on the ball carrier but his coach would always tell him Sag-some-more.

Well played

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Well played

actually thats god awful but a tension breaker nonetheless......

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm not sure who's posting this misguided information about JC. Could it be parents of kids not playing? Having 2 sons go through this program, I've might not have seen eye to eye with the coaching staff, but both of them did just fine. You see lacrosse is only part of your kid's future! Shouldn't education be very important. As far as the coaching staff goes they are united not divide! If anyone is to blame let it be NCAA that is allowing players (as early as 8th grade) to contact coaches therefore, verbal commitments are made. This becomes a problem for High School Coaches because those parents believe their kids should be moved up or starting. I have witnessed this first hand. You see, high school is like college in that you want to win at any cost. Are you going to deny a player who excels at football and lacrosse, the right to start because he chooses football over lacrosse? Should a player be denied a starting position because he hasn't decide early on what college is the right fit for him? Are you going to play an upper classman over a freshman who has better all around skills? [lacrosse] no people! If your kid can't handle standing on the sidelines tell him to go out and work harder! In college your not treated with kid gloves. If your kid can't take "harsh" criticism then college lacrosse is not for him! Here's a wonderful statement from a top notch, respected, D1 lacrosse coach that he gives every recruit's parents: I have an open door policy and you can come and talk to me at any time. There are only 3 things I want you to think about before you knock on my door 1-I think I know a little more about lacrosse than you do. 2- I'm going to be brutally honest with you. And 3 - I don't love your kid as much as you love your kid.
This is what your player faces in college lacrosse! If you think JC is tough then college lacrosse is not for them!
Lastly, fans are the same no matter where you! They hate the refs if they are losing and they blame the coaching staff if their team loses! 😉

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The problem in Syosset is not the NCAA or the program or the coaches but the helicopter parents. When the coaches can't appreciate how great there kid is then they will do all they can to find a coach who can
Might even mean finding another new school or change the club again
Unfortunately while these parents can't grasp reality the other kids get wind of what is happening and don't respond to kindly to people who try to divide their team
A few people in denial though will not be able to ruin a strong program

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
head coach st Syosset reminds me of a more famous JC, he turns parents into wine(ers)

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm not sure who's posting this misguided information about JC. Could it be parents of kids not playing? Having 2 sons go through this program, I've might not have seen eye to eye with the coaching staff, but both of them did just fine. You see lacrosse is only part of your kid's future! Shouldn't education be very important. As far as the coaching staff goes they are united not divide! If anyone is to blame let it be NCAA that is allowing players (as early as 8th grade) to contact coaches therefore, verbal commitments are made. This becomes a problem for High School Coaches because those parents believe their kids should be moved up or starting. I have witnessed this first hand. You see, high school is like college in that you want to win at any cost. Are you going to deny a player who excels at football and lacrosse, the right to start because he chooses football over lacrosse? Should a player be denied a starting position because he hasn't decide early on what college is the right fit for him? Are you going to play an upper classman over a freshman who has better all around skills? [lacrosse] no people! If your kid can't handle standing on the sidelines tell him to go out and work harder! In college your not treated with kid gloves. If your kid can't take "harsh" criticism then college lacrosse is not for him! Here's a wonderful statement from a top notch, respected, D1 lacrosse coach that he gives every recruit's parents: I have an open door policy and you can come and talk to me at any time. There are only 3 things I want you to think about before you knock on my door 1-I think I know a little more about lacrosse than you do. 2- I'm going to be brutally honest with you. And 3 - I don't love your kid as much as you love your kid.
This is what your player faces in college lacrosse! If you think JC is tough then college lacrosse is not for them!
Lastly, fans are the same no matter where you! They hate the refs if they are losing and they blame the coaching staff if their team loses! 😉

was there a point somewhere in this unintelligible mess of a rant?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why does everyone hate early recruiting?
It is not as bad as it seems.
Keeps coaches honest-High school-
Believe me High school coaches have all the power. In most towns you can not even state opinion without it effecting your sons playing time.
Why do you think high school coaches hate early recruiting-because they loose some of that power.
If a kid is an early recruit to a top 20 team- there is a reason for if-He is a good lacrosse player.
Everyone is saying early recruiting does not help out teams- Helped BU- early recruiting got them in top 20 in third season.
What is best for players and family is have playing field as even as possible. Early recruiting is helping that.
Perennial powers now have to compete for players -how is that a bad ting?
There will always be corruption- not all high school teams play the best players- there are friends, political connects etc. If you do not belive that then you are a fool.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
WI beat Sachem East they look pretty good this year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Believe me High school coaches have all the power. In most towns you can not even state opinion without it effecting your sons playing time.
Why do you think high school coaches hate early recruiting-because they loose some of that power.
If a kid is an early recruit to a top 20 team- there is a reason for if-He is a good lacrosse player.
Everyone is saying early recruiting does not help out teams- Helped BU- early recruiting got them in top 20 in third season.
What is best for players and family is have playing field as even as possible. Early recruiting is helping that.
There will always be corruption- not all high school teams play the best players- there are friends, political connects etc. If you do not belive that then you are a fool.

Agree. Also, thank god there is a club circuit for the top players. Most of the HS Teams are weak. Yes, even in the Mighty Suffolk A Division the level of play is extremely poor. 9th and 10th graders all over the place. Coaching is weak and pace of play is very slow in most games. Make the conference smaller and allow for more non league games. The top two or three teams in each league a significantly stronger than all others. It is the same story every year.

How does the Nassau Girls Power Conference work? Could a boys power conference work?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just a note to add, the Pequa coach went to Syosset because they pay better. Had nothing to do with coaching a "winner" had to do with coaching for $$. And he is a fantastic guy who every Massapequa kid loves. Big loss, but he went for money, which is just fine with everyone but Bernie Sanders supporters!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Kids that verbally commit in 9th and 10th grade love early committing as do their parents, kids that are not recruited in 9th and 10th grade hate it. As far as HS coaches hating it that is more complicated, a top public school team used to have at most 4-5 D1 commits mostly 12th graders with fewer 11th. graders, now a top public team might have 10 - 12 and that is a big number to work with . Do you keep a 9th grade D1 commit on JV? Do you not play them? and the 10th grader who is not verbally committed and not on varsity thinks their lacrosse career is over (IT IS NOT) - so IMHO earlier recruiting is all good for the kids, not so great for the HS coaches that have to deal with it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Believe me I'm not a fool! BU is one in sixty some odd D1 schools. Starting out is great for them because they have 121/2 scholarships to be had. As time goes on their will be less scholarship money for them to give because of the existing team AND it is a great ACADEMIC school which is appealing. Second, college coaches recruit every year are you saying they should be playing everyone equally? There are thousands of kids committing early how many of them to you hear are making an impact right away or even getting playing time at all? Just because your recruited doesn't mean your one of the top players on your high school team. Let your kid know life isn't fair early on and they will be fine in college

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Well find out next week when they play Ward Melville.......

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you can not get 12 d1 commits on the field with significant playing time you should not be coaching. If you have 12 d1 commits, you should be able to get 18 players significant playing time even in tight games
I have seen D1 schools play 18-19 players in tight games.
Every coach should have the problem of too many d1 commits.
Problem is high school coaches choose starters and then act like the starter is 10 better than player right under him. Which may be the case- but definitely not all the time- a lot of times there is not much difference.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There's a difference between being tough and dishonest. Lack of integrity has NOTHING to do with being a tough coach. It's more than 2 or 3 kids standing on the sideline who take issue with the tactics and empty promises and if you think that's all you are dillusional. Glad it worked out for your two kids.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you can not get 12 d1 commits on the field with significant playing time you should not be coaching. If you have 12 d1 commits, you should be able to get 18 players significant playing time even in tight games
I have seen D1 schools play 18-19 players in tight games.
Every coach should have the problem of too many d1 commits.
Problem is high school coaches choose starters and then act like the starter is 10 better than player right under him. Which may be the case- but definitely not all the time- a lot of times there is not much difference.

so you are saying a D1 commit should play because he is a D1 commit even if the coaching staff thinks a non committed player is better and gives the team a better chance of winning? I personally think the coaching staff should put the players on the field that give them the best chance of winning regardless or commitment status, grade, political connections or what team travel team they play for. But I also believe in unicorns

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just a note to add, the Pequa coach went to Syosset because they pay better. Had nothing to do with coaching a "winner" had to do with coaching for $$. And he is a fantastic guy who every Massapequa kid loves. Big loss, but he went for money, which is just fine with everyone but Bernie Sanders supporters!!

I call BS on this - nobody is moving from one assistant coaching job to another just for money. They just don't make that much at either school to justify leaving your work job on the south shore and driving to the north shore 5 days a week for maybe a couple of hundred extra bucks a year. I do not know him or have any idea why he decided to make the move back to Syosset but I doubt that money was the driving force

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well said!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
OK so whats being said if your not committed your not worthy of a spot. Please wake up. There are so many situations where there are plenty of great players who are not committed in 9th and 10th grade. If you happen to be on the right team with the right coaches who happen to have connections, you tend to get committed early. My sons team ranks with some of the best in his age group and we play all over. We have a number of committed players on his team and you usually can see the difference in their caliber of play. Every so often we play a team where they arent so heralded and there are players that are just great and they are not committed. Reason is they happen to play on a team that isnt going to all the Showcases or their coach doesnt have the invite to Philly Showcase or Maverick.

What I am trying to say is the best players are not always the ones committed. HS coaches are around the boys daily and see who or what they are. Maybe little Johnny committed isnt telling mom and dad that the uncommitted Junior or Senior is killing him on 50-50 balls or that because Johnny thinks he so good he doesnt need to try so hard at practice. How about the fact that the difference in actual talent is so negligible that the coach awards a player that has put in the time and is a team player and bustd his [lacrosse] day in and day out since 9th grade to start.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is craig still coaching that team ??

Well find out next week when they play Ward Melville.......

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not saying for it or against early recruiting, but is there a line? An 8th grader commits this year. Why not go after 7th and 6th graders? As for "stating opinion without effecting your son's playing time" is the just the opposite - the more the parent opines, bitches, moans to the coach, the more playing time the kid gets.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
yes, he does

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
LOL YOUR A FUNNY RICHARD !!!!!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I call BS on this - nobody is moving from one assistant coaching job to another just for money. They just don't make that much at either school to justify leaving your work job on the south shore and driving to the north shore 5 days a week for maybe a couple of hundred extra bucks a year. I do not know him or have any idea why he decided to make the move back to Syosset but I doubt that money was the driving force

I call BS squared on you my good man. You say you don't know the recently former Pequa coach but you say he "Moved Back" to Syo. It has never been brought up in any post yet somehow you knew he had previously coached in Syosset.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There's a difference between being tough and dishonest. Lack of integrity has NOTHING to do with being a tough coach. It's more than 2 or 3 kids standing on the sideline who take issue with the tactics and empty promises and if you think that's all you are dillusional. Glad it worked out for your two kids.

TR sympathizers can leave and if you think he triumphantly returns and your kid will be rewarded you are mistaken.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Just a note to add, the Pequa coach went to Syosset because they pay better. Had nothing to do with coaching a "winner" had to do with coaching for $$. And he is a fantastic guy who every Massapequa kid loves. Big loss, but he went for money, which is just fine with everyone but Bernie Sanders supporters!!

Not a big secret in Massapequa or Syosset that he had previously coached in Syosset and that does not take away from the main point that it is hard to believe that an assistants job in Syosset could pay that much more than assistants job in Massapequa to be the reason for the change.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Your not sure who is posting this stuff. Well it's coming from within. We're you not at the parent meeting with everyone yelling and screaming at each other. Are you not aware of kids turning other kids in for things they do, so they can get a chance to play. The infighting, the back stabbing by both the parents and players is crazy. If you are unaware of this then you are 100% disconnected and have your head buried in the sand.

Page 17 of 77 1 2 15 16 17 18 19 76 77

Link Copied to Clipboard