BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,545
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 13 of 75 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 74 75
Re: 2016 Women's College Lacrosse Season
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Stanford over Penn State 16-10. Where are all the Stanford haters now? Will be well within Top 10 with only loss in a close game to ND.

Lets hear it Stan the Cardinal. A drubbing at the hands of 14th ranked Stony Brook. 17-7. Stanford plays no one, and the few good teams they play beat them handily. Sorry, they are pretenders at this point.
Stanford over Penn State 16-10. Where are all the Stanford haters now? Will be well within Top 10 with only loss in a close game to ND.
sounds like another bitter parent who's kid didn't get recruited by Stanford and now brings the hate. Stony Brook was definitely better yesterday no question. But Stanford is 6-2 and beat Penn State by 6, Ohio State by a lot, and John's Hopkins. And lost to ND by 4 in a very good game. So not in top echelon but a very good team. And oh by the way a phenomenal school with incredible athletics pretty much across the board. Now go kick your dog or some other hateful act you d-bag.

Lets hear it Stan the Cardinal. A drubbing at the hands of 14th ranked Stony Brook. 17-7. Stanford plays no one, and the few good teams they play beat them handily. Sorry, they are pretenders at this point.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Nice win for SB, but they will choke when it counts! And can we even compare a SB degree with Sanford? That's what really matters!

How dare you talk about the education and god forbid the majors taken. Parents on this board only care if their kid plays academics be dam

AHHHH ... but he didn't mention majors. That's the dirty little secret. Stanford kids for the most part don't take the difficult majors, you know the ones that the school is known for. In fact, many of them take the gut major. But in typical Stanford style, the parents can't handle telling their friends that their daughter is taking rocks for jocks etc, so they name the major Science, Technology and the World. Funny. You will find your share of girls lax players and football players in this major. In addition, Stanford would probably not like people to know about "The List". Quite the scandal at the "Farm". This was a couple years ago when it was revealed that the athletic department provided athletes with a list of courses that were easier and where professors would give athletes better grades. Of course many times it's not professors, but TAs that are teaching the courses, because Stanford professors couldn't give a crap about undergrads. They are all about their research. I can certainly put the links on here for you to find all this information, but it is probably easier for to Google it. Ironic that Google was founded by Stanford grads. They however did not use "The List" and are the kind of people Stan the Cardinal want to use to say what a great degree his daughter will have. Sorry Stan, she won't. She will be viewed as an athlete that got in to the school because she plays a sport well. As a recruiter, I will totally discount the paper diploma unless she takes a real major, which likely she won't. And by real at Stanford, I mean computer science, pre med or engineering, not history. If she wants a history major, there are much better schools for her. As an employer, I will value a degree from a top D3 program over her Science, Technology and the World degree. So Stan, not only is your lax team sub par, but the degree you think is so valuable, ain't worth what you think it is.

Now we should probably get back to the subject of this website, Lacrosse. And Stanford has proven to be not so good at that.

Come on and I'm a SB supporter. Stanford has had some great wins this season most recently beating Penn state handily and Hopkins. SB was just on fire yesterday from start to finish! Other than Maryland there isn't much of a difference between 2 and 12

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Nice win for SB, but they will choke when it counts! And can we even compare a SB degree with Sanford? That's what really matters!

How dare you talk about the education and god forbid the majors taken. Parents on this board only care if their kid plays academics be dam

AHHHH ... but he didn't mention majors. That's the dirty little secret. Stanford kids for the most part don't take the difficult majors, you know the ones that the school is known for. In fact, many of them take the gut major. But in typical Stanford style, the parents can't handle telling their friends that their daughter is taking rocks for jocks etc, so they name the major Science, Technology and the World. Funny. You will find your share of girls lax players and football players in this major. In addition, Stanford would probably not like people to know about "The List". Quite the scandal at the "Farm". This was a couple years ago when it was revealed that the athletic department provided athletes with a list of courses that were easier and where professors would give athletes better grades. Of course many times it's not professors, but TAs that are teaching the courses, because Stanford professors couldn't give a crap about undergrads. They are all about their research. I can certainly put the links on here for you to find all this information, but it is probably easier for to Google it. Ironic that Google was founded by Stanford grads. They however did not use "The List" and are the kind of people Stan the Cardinal want to use to say what a great degree his daughter will have. Sorry Stan, she won't. She will be viewed as an athlete that got in to the school because she plays a sport well. As a recruiter, I will totally discount the paper diploma unless she takes a real major, which likely she won't. And by real at Stanford, I mean computer science, pre med or engineering, not history. If she wants a history major, there are much better schools for her. As an employer, I will value a degree from a top D3 program over her Science, Technology and the World degree. So Stan, not only is your lax team sub par, but the degree you think is so valuable, ain't worth what you think it is.

Now we should probably get back to the subject of this website, Lacrosse. And Stanford has proven to be not so good at that.

Wow , my kid does not go to Stanford but it is easy to see that you have way more problems than a hatred of Stanford. Get a life . Have been a member of the entrance committee for two medical schools in the past and will tell you any degree from Stanford gets you to the top half of the list , add in being a member of the girls lax team and you go to the top. You obviously need to take all the required classes but the major means very little.You are picking on one of the schools that actually give less academic wiggle room to its athletes compared to 90 percent of the D1 schools out there.Clearly you have an axe to grind with something at Stanford and most of us probably have a good idea why.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Come on and I'm a SB supporter. Stanford has had some great wins this season most recently beating Penn state handily and Hopkins. SB was just on fire yesterday from start to finish! Other than Maryland there isn't much of a difference between 2 and 12

Hopkins? really? Ok apparently you miss the context. Stan says his team is top 10 "where are all the haters now." When they get destroyed by #14 in the polls, he pulls the "my daughter's school is better than yours crap". Stan just needed to be called out is all. And a few facts on the academic side that I'm sure most people don't know are quite appropriate.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wow , my kid does not go to Stanford but it is easy to see that you have way more problems than a hatred of Stanford. Get a life . Have been a member of the entrance committee for two medical schools in the past and will tell you any degree from Stanford gets you to the top half of the list , add in being a member of the girls lax team and you go to the top. You obviously need to take all the required classes but the major means very little.You are picking on one of the schools that actually give less academic wiggle room to its athletes compared to 90 percent of the D1 schools out there.Clearly you have an axe to grind with something at Stanford and most of us probably have a good idea why.

Come on Doc, top half of list at a medical school gets you nowhere. And u are talking about a student who "obviously need to take all the required classes". That is not the vast majority of lax players. Clearly, if a lax player took all the necessary classes for med school, they are not who I am talking about. That is the vast minority on the Stanford lax team. I am in a business where a Stanford diploma is very valuable (in fact as you state, it is very valuable in most arenas.) But certainly you of all people must know that there are far more qualified students being denied entrance into the Stanfords of the world in favor of an athlete. Good lax player wants to go to Stanford, or Harvard or Princeton ... would you care to opine on the ACT/SATs necessary and the GPA? I can tell you ... would you be shocked to know that a 27 or 28 on the ACT can get you in? How about 1200 on SATs. GPA 3.5/3.6, come on in. Of course it has less wiggle room than most D1 schools. not the point. The point is that Stan boasted first of such lax prowess for the school. Then, when confronted with the drubbing SB put on them, resorted to the "my school is better than yours retort", for which he deserved to get slammed. So I just gave him something to chew on. Great school, awesome opportunity for any young woman looking to get ahead in the world. But has many flaws as well.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Every top 25 school probably has two thirds of their roster in "suggested majors" that's just the way it is when they own the kids 6 hours a day. Now some schools won't drop their requirements to get in (see Notre Dame Football)but most walk you in if you can play and meet the minimums. Just watch some march madness press conferences, not a lot of brain surgeon majors.

The kids that deserve the respect are the ones that pick their major, their school and then athletics. Those are the families that get it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Another loss by HU today, but what I saw (watched online) is a young team with fight and spirit. Ohio State has 9 seniors and 8 juniors to HU's 3 seniors and 4 juniors. Once OSU got comfortably ahead and subbed a bit, the game evened up. HU's sophomores and freshmen actually outplayed the OSU sophomores and freshmen. I think that's a good sign for the future. The schedule gets a little easier for The Pride now. There's a few more wins in the remaining schedule. Winning as many as possible this year to prepare for next year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Another loss by HU today, but what I saw (watched online) is a young team with fight and spirit. Ohio State has 9 seniors and 8 juniors to HU's 3 seniors and 4 juniors. Once OSU got comfortably ahead and subbed a bit, the game evened up. HU's sophomores and freshmen actually outplayed the OSU sophomores and freshmen. I think that's a good sign for the future. The schedule gets a little easier for The Pride now. There's a few more wins in the remaining schedule. Winning as many as possible this year to prepare for next year.

Was at game with my daughter today for the first half and it was really bad. 14-3 at the half. Hofstra looked a ton slower than Ohio state. To hofstras credit the kids were fighting hard just not very talented

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They have a shot in the next 2 games against Columbia and William and Mary. After that. They won't win a game. Ohio st could have scored 25 to 30 goals today if they wanted to. Hofstra defense was non existent. They lost almost every draw. There was nothing good to take out of that game today.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They have a shot in the next 2 games against Columbia and William and Mary. After that. They won't win a game. Ohio st could have scored 25 to 30 goals today if they wanted to. Hofstra defense was non existent. They lost almost every draw. There was nothing good to take out of that game today.

I see more than 2 more wins. JMU is WAY down and isn't scaring anyone, Delaware is beatable and Elon and Drexel aren't that good either. Generally a down year for the CAA. It's definitely been a tough year for Hofstra but the next two years recruiting classes look strong, the young girls on the team are gaining valuable game experience and Coach Smith has another year of experience. I predict better years ahead. This year is "just one of those years". It happens.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Let's see if the "verbals" actually commit over the next 2 years. Lots of tension now, and no team comraderie. Get the ball to the graduate student does nothing but create a frustrating field.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All seven of the recruited 2016's have signed their NLI's. I've heard nothing about any of the 2017's decommitting.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I see more than 2 more wins. JMU is WAY down and isn't scaring anyone, Delaware is beatable and Elon and Drexel aren't that good either. Generally a down year for the CAA. It's definitely been a tough year for Hofstra but the next two years recruiting classes look strong, the young girls on the team are gaining valuable game experience and Coach Smith has another year of experience. I predict better years ahead. This year is "just one of those years". It happens.

That's what was said about the last two classes! There's no reason to believe anything will be changing any time soon

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That's what was said about the last two classes! There's no reason to believe anything will be changing any time soon

Hey "That's what was said...". What club does your daughter play for, what high school, what college has she committed to, what college does she want to play for?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hey has anyone noticed that the last two national freshman of the week are two of the so called "not great" "stat padding' "ball hogs" that people on this site complained about last year. Where are all the naysayers now.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hey has anyone noticed that the last two national freshman of the week are two of the so called "not great" "stat padding' "ball hogs" that people on this site complained about last year. Where are all the naysayers now.

You must be so proud of your daughter/daughter's high school team mate/YJ team mate. yay for you

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
sorry they did not play for YJ and if I was their parent I would be very proud

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think the problem that people had with them was scoring 10 goals in a 19-2 game

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why can't people just be positive once in a while, without the "I told you so's" or the sarcasm. You sound like such babies! Congrats to them. Long Island should be proud, the freshman class from LI has been outstanding! Including winning 3 out of 6 rookie of the weeks with many more very deserving from LI! Way to go girls!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sounds very YJ-ish to me.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why can't people just be positive once in a while, without the "I told you so's" or the sarcasm. You sound like such babies! Congrats to them. Long Island should be proud, the freshman class from LI has been outstanding! Including winning 3 out of 6 rookie of the weeks with many more very deserving from LI! Way to go girls!!

Freshman from BC played for TG. She is a wonderful young lady and a phenomenal player. It's a shame she is out for the season with an injury.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hey "That's what was said...". What club does your daughter play for, what high school, what college has she committed to, what college does she want to play for?

not hofstra

Back of THE CAGE
Online Content
Back of THE CAGE
IWLCA Poll for Division I, March 28
Rank Team Record Points First Previous
1 Maryland 8-0 400 20 1
2 Florida 10-1 374 2
3 North Carolina 8-2 358 3
4 Syracuse 8-3 344 5
5 Notre Dame 9-2 318 4
6 Louisville 11-1 292 6
7 Southern California 9-0 268 8
8 Northwestern 4-4 254 7
9 Penn State 7-2 209 10
10 Boston College 6-4 207 12
11 Stony Brook 6-3 199 14
12 Stanford 6-2 194 9
13 Princeton 5-2 186 11
14 Duke 8-4 145 15
15 Virginia 5-6 130 13
16 Penn 6-3 85 16
17 Towson 7-2 68 17
18 Ohio State 9-1 64 18
19 Johns Hopkins 8-4 48 19
20 Massachusetts 7-1 40 20

Back of THE CAGE
Online Content
Back of THE CAGE
IWLCA Poll for Division II, March 28
1 Adelphi 6-0 400 20 1
2 Le Moyne 6-0 375 2
3 Lindenwood 10-0 358 3
4 LIU Post 7-1 335 4
5 Rollins 8-0 328 5
6 Lock Haven 8-0 291 6
7 Mercyhurst 7-1 280 7
8 Grand Valley State 4-3 251 8
9 West Chester 7-1 236 9
10 New Haven 5-2 219 10
11 Florida Southern 7-3 196 11
12 Dowling 7-1 181 13
13 Limestone 6-2 172 12
14 Stonehill 3-2 125 15
15 Queens 6-2 120 14
16 Regis (CO) 7-1 109 16
17 Mount Olive 8-3 68 19
18 Bentley 2-5 53 17
19 Florida Tech 8-3 45 20
20 Indiana (PA) 5-3 14 NR

Back of THE CAGE
Online Content
Back of THE CAGE
IWLCA Poll for Division III, March 28
1 Cortland 7-0 400 20 1
2 Middlebury 6-0 379 3
3 College of NJ 7-1 343 4
4 Salisbury 9-1 342 5
5 Franklin & Marshall 7-1 320 2
6 Gettysburg 7-1 315 6
7 [lacrosse] 7-3 253 8
8 Colby 4-1 246 9
9 Amherst 5-1 235 11
10 Trinity (CT) 6-2 212 7
11 Tufts 4-3 199 14
12 Hamilton 6-2 181 10
13 Bates 7-1 176 13
14 Messiah 4-3 159 12
15 St. John Fisher 7-0 124 15
16 Brockport 6-0 93 16
17 Christopher Newport 8-1 65 19
18 Mary Washington 9-2 51 17
19 St. Mary's (MD) 10-1 40 20
20 Bowdoin 3-4 34 18

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

SEE YOU AT STONY BROOK

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
can anyone tell me how the Stony brook festival/games went other day?..sounded like a neat idea for local lax....was it well attended?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Freshman from BC played for TG. She is a wonderful young lady and a phenomenal player. It's a shame she is out for the season with an injury.

Syracuse freshman also played at TG

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Stat padding is going to be worse in a shot clock world

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

Is it? I was thinking that it's certainly going to cause a lot more failed runs at goal and a lot more turnovers as a girl tries to force her way in. But I'm open to hearing all sides.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Powderfinger

Is it? I was thinking that it's certainly going to cause a lot more failed runs at goal and a lot more turnovers as a girl tries to force her way in. But I'm open to hearing all sides.

I do think padding is more of an issue at the HS level, but with the shot clock in college, if the clear is not quick, you might have more people running in to shoot quickly with less time to set something up with an assist.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

I do think padding is more of an issue at the HS level, but with the shot clock in college, if the clear is not quick, you might have more people running in to shoot quickly with less time to set something up with an assist.

I get what you're saying but I see that more as encouraged ball hogging than stat padding since I don't see that many more goals being the result. In any event, you are right that the number of assists will likely fall.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think the shot clock is going to expose the more innovative coaches, particularly as it relates to redefending. Quick aggressive midfielders who can ride hard will be valuable players. The more time it takes your opponent to get the ball into their offensive end the less time they will have to work for a shot. Aggressive double teaming on redefending, at the risk of the long ball pass being successful, will be one strategy we will see more of.
Not sure if individual stat padding will be worse, other than there won't be quite the stigma or the accusation of padding if the girls are essentially required to shoot. But yeah, scoring in lopsided games could get way out of whack.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think the shot clock is going to expose the more innovative coaches, particularly as it relates to redefending. Quick aggressive midfielders who can ride hard will be valuable players. The more time it takes your opponent to get the ball into their offensive end the less time they will have to work for a shot. Aggressive double teaming on redefending, at the risk of the long ball pass being successful, will be one strategy we will see more of.
Not sure if individual stat padding will be worse, other than there won't be quite the stigma or the accusation of padding if the girls are essentially required to shoot. But yeah, scoring in lopsided games could get way out of whack.

They better put the 3 second call as a major foul back in or coaches (i.e. Stonybrook ) will pack it in and make you try to squeeze the ball against the zone or dodge at inopportune times. There is no real penalty for not leaving the 8 meter. The rules is supposed to make the game safer. Wait to so how many dangerous shot or out of control dodges into the zone at the end of the shot clock. I think this will make the game uglier and actually benefit the teams who are less athletic!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

not hofstra

Good! I'm sure they are happy to hear that. One less problem to worry about. They're trying to get their program back on track and the last thing they need right now is a "me first" player.

Back of THE CAGE
Online Content
Back of THE CAGE

I believe the game may also become a field position strategy. If the defense, beginning with attack players through mid-fielders, pressure the ball to the point of no viable shot you may see teams just dump the ball into the offensive zone rather than give it up to the other team with better field position.

I have seen exhibition games with a shot clock. There were possessions where the defensive ride was so good the offense still had the ball at midfield with 15 seconds left on the clock. They simply dumped the ball into the offensive end rather than give up the ball at mid-field. Goalies also get rid of the ball faster with a shot clock.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Originally Posted by baldbear

I believe the game may also become a field position strategy. If the defense, beginning with attack players through mid-fielders, pressure the ball to the point of no viable shot you may see teams just dump the ball into the offensive zone rather than give it up to the other team with better field position.

I have seen exhibition games with a shot clock. There were possessions where the defensive ride was so good the offense still had the ball at midfield with 15 seconds left on the clock. They simply dumped the ball into the offensive end rather than give up the ball at mid-field. Goalies also get rid of the ball faster with a shot clock.

We are going to live through some interesting times next year, without a doubt.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The good is no more stall. The bad will be tighter defense leading to even more whistles for fouls and the real bad will be less set attacks leading to coaches saying "get the ball to Shannon and get out of the way".

Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Stony Brook has 2 2nd Team Mid Season All Americans. Congratulations!!

A- Courtney Murphy, Stony Brook, Jr.

A- Kylie Ohlmiller, Stony Brook, So.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by America's Game
Stony Brook has 2 2nd Team Mid Season All Americans. Congratulations!!

A- Courtney Murphy, Stony Brook, Jr.

A- Kylie Ohlmiller, Stony Brook, So.

Now that the ladies are getting healthy, expect a big win tomorrow!

Page 13 of 75 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 74 75

Link Copied to Clipboard