BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 10 of 46 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 45 46
Re: High School Lax Girls
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That's how it is in Huntington as well. It's a 3 man game so far. Need to work the ball, work the passes create your opportunities not react from them.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nobody runs multiple lines in girls high school lax what games you been watching?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Nobody runs multiple lines in girls high school lax what games you been watching?

BS Wantagh and GC are deep, not sure about Manhasset or Cold Spring yet those teams are always at the top in Nassau

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
teams may be deep but don't play more then 15/16 girls in competitive games, not really running multiple lines

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
no the bottom programs will struggle because they don't have many lacrosse players

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
teams may be deep but don't play more then 15/16 girls in competitive games, not really running multiple lines

Can we at least agree on that they don't run 95% of the offense through 1 or 2 girls?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think the top HS girls programs are successful because the can field 12 strong players at all positions and still have a few strong players come in off the bench - that's where you see the 15/16 girls even on those teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Can we at least agree on that they don't run 95% of the offense through 1 or 2 girls?

Then you have not been watching , Manhassett has been running their offense thru 1-2 girls for years , don't kid yourself. Look at the 3 state champ teams from last year, they all rode their horses and barely spread the ball out, West Islip not as much as the other two

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Congrats to a few of the teams today such as Smithtown West and Middle country as the scores may have been lopsided but they obviously spread the ball out and pulled back a little in the second half. They probably could have had a few kids pad their stats but they did not so Kudos to them.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
West islip spread the scoring around as well. Nice to see at least 6 players scoring goals

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looking at 2016 statistical leaders in Suffolk D2 it sure seems that way.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
look at some of the box scores from yesterday. One game 29 goals scored zero assists! That had to be ugly!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
look at some of the box scores from yesterday. One game 29 goals scored zero assists! That had to be ugly!
Dad said I have got to get mine.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All of those people who were complaining about the 7th graders have been quiet. I'm guessing that means that they're either not playing or playing and contributing. Which is it?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I dont think most score keepers know how to define an assist, Im not saying this particular game had assists. I know for my daughters team assists are missed all the time.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
From US LAcrosse

3. ASSIST: An assist is a play made by a player to her teammate who then scores a goal without having to evade excessive defensive pressure other than the goalkeeper. Only one assist per goal may be recorded.
The guideline to award an assist includes two parts: there must be a pass made to the recipient; and the recipient must take a shot. If the passer (potential assister) is able to move the ball to a teammate (recipient), who has maneuvered for a good or more advantageous position to take a shot, then the passer can be awarded with an assist. If the shooter, after receiving the ball from her teammate (passer/potential assister) must outrun or maneuver around any excessive defensive pressure before shooting, no assist can be awarded. It is not necessary for the shooter to possess the ball for a specific length of time, nor must the shooter limit the number of steps taken after she receives the ball for a shot. The only deciding factor, after the recipient receives a pass from her teammate, is the amount of pressure the recipient (shooter) had to evade to put her into a position for the shot, if any.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Also saw box's core where 16 goals were scored with 14 assists being credited. Highly doubtful. The scoring of an assist is very subjective as defined by US Lacrosse. Example player A finds cutter B who then roll dodges to move defender before scoring.does player A receive an assist ? Answer no. Should she ? Absolutely. Point is just because an assist wasn't credited doesn't mean it wasn't done as a team

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Dad said I have got to get mine.
You can't always go by Newsday stats for assists. The winning coach logs the scores, some are too lazy to list the assists. My daughters team lost the first game, the winning team listed all their assists, and none for our losing team, we had quite a few direct assists. The team manager will have the correct data.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you look at assist and goals on these as well you will see its the same girls dishing it to each other only! which accumulates the final score of a game . clicky to say the least by the looks of stats . Is it poor coaching ? , or just girls doing what they want and not respecting the rest of the team and the coach ?

Looking at 2016 statistical leaders in Suffolk D2 it sure seems that way.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So if you lose your team/coach/community stink. If you win by too much as described by the holy one on BOTC tour team/coach/community are bad winners!!!! So you must win your games but only by some arbitrary margin or the holy one on here criticizes your team/coach/players/parents/community. Geez....seems a little hyper critical if you ask me. Are you so over managed at your place of business.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So if you lose your team/coach/community stink. If you win by too much as described by the holy one on BOTC tour team/coach/community are bad winners!!!! So you must win your games but only by some arbitrary margin or the holy one on here criticizes your team/coach/players/parents/community. Geez....seems a little hyper critical if you ask me. Are you so over managed at your place of business.

The fact that you have to make things up about posters that criticize obvious unsportsmanlike stat padding tells me you are one of the ones encouraging your ball hog to keep it up. Who is being critical of the whole team when in those situations the team is not involved as its usually 1 player being the ball hog.Same can be said about the community, stop being dramatic and tell your kid to pass the ball.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Actually the point is if you win games by to much utilizing more then the 2-3 girls who feed only each other on the field , you can say that you have a phenomenal team. When the coach doesn't follow that type of criteria , people see right through it and as an opossing coach know how to handle the situation when need be.
A good coach can defeat a team like this by the obvious !

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Actually the point is if you win games by to much utilizing more then the 2-3 girls who feed only each other on the field , you can say that you have a phenomenal team. When the coach doesn't follow that type of criteria , people see right through it and as an opossing coach know how to handle the situation when need be.

Th

Let's be honest... girl's lax is a terrible sport; particularly when they hit recruitment/varsity age. Because refs refuse to call offensive penalties, girls will not even look to pass and go right to the goal (I've seen girls do it with their eyes closed!). Any contact at all results in a free shot 99.999% of the time. There is minimal team work and this distortion of the game is glorified by travel clubs and accepted on varsity. It has become, far and away, the most selfish sport I've had the displeasure of watching. When my eldest daughter went through 7 years ago, they passed, worked the ball, moved without the ball... all the things that make team sports great. Now, with the recruitment emphasis moving from HS teams to club teams, it's all about the commits. The more girls the club team have committed, the better they look, the more money they make. How does a girl get noticed now? Put up gaudy numbers. It's really a shame. And, unfortunately, unless they start calling offensive charges or putting them in pads, this is only going to get worse.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Th

Let's be honest... girl's lax is a terrible sport; particularly when they hit recruitment/varsity age. Because refs refuse to call offensive penalties, girls will not even look to pass and go right to the goal (I've seen girls do it with their eyes closed!). Any contact at all results in a free shot 99.999% of the time. There is minimal team work and this distortion of the game is glorified by travel clubs and accepted on varsity. It has become, far and away, the most selfish sport I've had the displeasure of watching. When my eldest daughter went through 7 years ago, they passed, worked the ball, moved without the ball... all the things that make team sports great. Now, with the recruitment emphasis moving from HS teams to club teams, it's all about the commits. The more girls the club team have committed, the better they look, the more money they make. How does a girl get noticed now? Put up gaudy numbers. It's really a shame. And, unfortunately, unless they start calling offensive charges or putting them in pads, this is only going to get worse.

College coaches know what they're looking at. The last thing they are interested in is the kid who is a one dimensional player. They typically go to recruiting events with an idea of the players they want to see. That list is formulated by the network they rely on to alert them to talent. That network is everyone from club coaches, HS coaches, other coaches who they might not be competing with for players, former players, etc..
They will watch their list for everything from sideline demeanor to off ball movement, stick skills, leadership,....scoring is just one thing. And by the way if a pass should have been made but wasn't just so the ball carrier could score....big no-no.
And Mom and Dad, rest assured they will find out who the parents are of their recruiting targets, and will watch your behavior too. More than one college coach has told me the last thing they want to recruit are problem parents!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The game is very physical at the college level, coaches like players who arent araid of contact and are willing to initiate it on either end of the field

College coaches know what they're looking at. The last thing they are interested in is the kid who is a one dimensional player. They typically go to recruiting events with an idea of the players they want to see. That list is formulated by the network they rely on to alert them to talent. That network is everyone from club coaches, HS coaches, other coaches who they might not be competing with for players, former players, etc..
They will watch their list for everything from sideline demeanor to off ball movement, stick skills, leadership,....scoring is just one thing. And by the way if a pass should have been made but wasn't just so the ball carrier could score....big no-no.
And Mom and Dad, rest assured they will find out who the parents are of their recruiting targets, and will watch your behavior too. More than one college coach has told me the last thing they want to recruit are problem parents!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Th

Just to piggy back, one of the best players in our area (and according to USA today and others one of the best in the Country) didn't lead the County on goal or assists (or even her team for that matter) last year (she's a senior this year). Yet she was a field general offensively, who also cause chaos on the defensive side (especially in the ride).

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Manhasset beat Oceanside by a score of 17-8. 13 Manhasset girls had points in that game. That's sharing the ball and getting players off the bench when clearly the opponent was NO match for them. All three goalies played. Cudo's to Manhasset, the players and the coaches. They get it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They get it plain and simply because they have the players !!
Very few High School teams have more than a few girls that can really play. Teams like Manhasset, GC, ESM, Wantagh, Mt Sinai and others have 20 girls or more that can truly play. That's the only reason they may have balanced scoring. The true test will be when and if they play each is the scoring as balanced or the playing time for as equal.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Very few High School teams have more than a few girls that can really play. Teams like Manhasset, GC, ESM, Wantagh, Mt Sinai and others have 20 girls or more that can truly play. That's the only reason they may have balanced scoring. The true test will be when and if they play each is the scoring as balanced or the playing time for as equal.

Lets see when some teams that don't have 20 players win by 20 and one girl has 12 goals. There is no excuse in those type of games not to play everyone. If these teams shared the ball more would stick with the sport

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Th

So true!!!...said it before, but just watch the parents of players on sidelines (the Toxic sidelines) when their daughter is not in on the scoring...they only cheer for little Susie when she it is their daughter and when she scores...has become the most selfish, self absorbed game out there...really believe that parents would rather their little princess score a bunch and team lose...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Huntington got their clocks cleaned by Rocky Point!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow a true Rocky Pointer you can't even wait to walk off the field without boisting ! Your colors stand out loud and clear. Just like that annoying guy you have on sideline coaching .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Lets see when some teams that don't have 20 players win by 20 and one girl has 12 goals. There is no excuse in those type of games not to play everyone. If these teams shared the ball more would stick with the sport

Again this doesn't fall on the players shoulders, it's the coaches fault. You're asking a teenage girl to make decisions that are morally right when the adult coaching the team can't make the right decision. Kids will continue to play the way they always play when they are on the field. Take them off and let the others have their shot. Coaches have to be responsible for the stat padding not the players.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Score?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Score?

A lot..... to a little. What happened? 18-9

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Again this doesn't fall on the players shoulders, it's the coaches fault. You're asking a teenage girl to make decisions that are morally right when the adult coaching the team can't make the right decision. Kids will continue to play the way they always play when they are on the field. Take them off and let the others have their shot. Coaches have to be responsible for the stat padding not the players.

Kids wont go against their parents and the go to goal every time mentality. And whoever said earlier that some would rather lose and get their points they are 100% correct and that's a freakin shame and what's wrong these days

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Kids wont go against their parents and the go to goal every time mentality. And whoever said earlier that some would rather lose and get their points they are 100% correct and that's a freakin shame and what's wrong these days

Question for all those complaining about goals , assists, stat padding. Maryland vs Northwestern tonight Maryland is up 15-4
about 5 mins left Taylor Cummings scores her fifth goal a short time later she nearly has her sixth how do you classify this.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It does not happen in my town. If you don't share the ball you don't see the field. It's on the coach plain and simple. If the culture doesn't allow it it doesn't happen.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Huntington was very weak on attack while rp was fluid on ball movement and shots. Not the same team dynamic as last years team on Huntington.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Huntington was very weak on attack while rp was fluid on ball movement and shots. Not the same team dynamic as last years team on Huntington.

Huntington wasn't very good last year either.

Page 10 of 46 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 45 46

Link Copied to Clipboard