BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Girls 2024-4th Grade Fall 2015 Summer 2016
B_O_T_C Offline OP
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
BOTC is opening our Fall 2015 through Summer 2016 thread covering the Girls 2024-4th Grade age group.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: Girls 2024-4th Grade Fall 2015 Summer 2016
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
is 4th grade the year to really get my daughter started? I know my boys started earlier with PAL and clinics, but it seems girls are more likely to start later. Any advice on moving ahead with a little lady?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"time to get started" yes.. it would be good for her to play organized lacrosse at this point ( PAL, Town league)
Time for Travel? that's up to you..but if you have the time and the money and she wants too..she should probably be on a travel team

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
is 4th grade the year to really get my daughter started? I know my boys started earlier with PAL and clinics, but it seems girls are more likely to start later. Any advice on moving ahead with a little lady?

I would get her into your local PAL team ASAP. Rosters already needed to be in to the PAL at this point but most towns will get her on anyway but I wouldn't wait. Also, some of the girls by 4th grade have already had a stick in their hands 4-5 years but it's 4th grade and Im sure she'll catch up just fine. See how that goes and if she's having fun before you worry about travel. Most travel tryouts are starting pretty early so you'll want to start looking around for when tryouts are late August / early September. Yellow Jackets does their 3-5 grade tryouts in early December. Other programs are a bit earlier I believe. But again, let her walk before she runs ;-) No sense spending money on tryouts and travel if she hates the sport.

Best of luck. Hope she loves it!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I would get her into your local PAL team ASAP. Rosters already needed to be in to the PAL at this point but most towns will get her on anyway but I wouldn't wait. Also, some of the girls by 4th grade have already had a stick in their hands 4-5 years but it's 4th grade and Im sure she'll catch up just fine. See how that goes and if she's having fun before you worry about travel. Most travel tryouts are starting pretty early so you'll want to start looking around for when tryouts are late August / early September. Yellow Jackets does their 3-5 grade tryouts in early December. Other programs are a bit earlier I believe. But again, let her walk before she runs ;-) No sense spending money on tryouts and travel if she hates the sport.

Best of luck. Hope she loves it!

If I can convince her it's dance with a stick, it will be fine! Lol!

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I keep hearing that the YJ team that played this weekend in the 2024 bracket at Stony Brook was actually a 2025 team. And that they killed it. Any truth to it?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
LOL

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I keep hearing that the YJ team that played this weekend in the 2024 bracket at Stony Brook was actually a 2025 team. And that they killed it. Any truth to it?

Great news YJ Mommy. I heard they are so good they are going to play Boys Lacrosse in the 2023 Bracket. They will start right after curing cancer.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Great news YJ Mommy. I heard they are so good they are going to play Boys Lacrosse in the 2023 Bracket. They will start right after curing cancer.

I saw Coach Gait watching their games. I wonder if he's already recruiting the 2024's...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Good news! They can start with curing you!

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Good news! They can start with curing you!

Yes, I need a lobotomy to end this, "I keep hearing" stuff from parents who want to brag and think this is subtle!

Please cure me!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
note to mom and dad, nobody cares about your daughter but you. Travel lacrosse is a selfish place

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The goalie and one of the middies actually do play boys lacrosse in the 2023 bracket.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
no they don't. Now you are getting carried away goalie dad.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
they play 2025 girls and boys go to that thread not this one

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That team is not playing 2023. Those young ladies are not playing boys 2023. That is BS. If it were true, it would border on child abuse. So pipe down goalie dad.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That team is not playing 2023. Those young ladies are not playing boys 2023. That is BS. If it were true, it would border on child abuse. So pipe down goalie dad.

Goalie dad sounds like a nut - CR retweets all his bragging.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Goalie dad sounds like a nut - CR retweets all his bragging.

Anyone/Everyone on the boys team will be replaced soon enough if they don't start winning. All the butt kissing in the world can't make a save for them. Only results will matter.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Both girls play 2024 boys bracket. Yes, the YJ 2025 girls did very well on Saturday winning 7 of 8 games in the 2024 bracket.

Signed,
Actual Goalie Dad.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Here you go. I made an account so the trolls don't confuse me with someone else.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

I agree. Neither the girls team nor the boys team is playing 2023.

Last edited by TheRealGoaliedad; .
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by TheRealGoaliedad

Great, now you should stop posting, you are embarrassing us.

Signed,
The other parents

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Signed,
The other parents

Not likely. I haven't posted anything. That's why I put my name on it, so we're clear as to who's posting. You should try it instead of posting anonymously.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I know you are but what am I?

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

Signed,
The other parents

Not likely. I haven't posted anything. That's why I put my name on it, so we're clear as to who's posting. You should try it instead of posting anonymously.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Signed,
The other parents

I'm begging you to Please just shut up, Pleeeeezzzzzeeeee you just make yourself look stupid.

Signed,
The rest of us!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Stop trumpeting how great your team is. In all likelihood, the best 3rd grade goalie hasn't even picked up a stick yet.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

I'm begging you to Please just shut up, Pleeeeezzzzzeeeee you just make yourself look stupid.

Signed,
The rest of us!

Dear Mr/Mrs. Anonymous,

I'm sorry my posting bothers you. I'm also sorry you feel it makes me look stupid. I don't usually post anything on BOTC - there isn't really a need to say much here. However, either you or one of your other "Anonymous" friends started calling another poster "goalie dad" as if to insult that person. Since I am the actual father of the goalie you're talking about, I wanted to set the record straight. Being a "goalie dad" is not an insult. It is a complement. Thank you. I appreciate your complement.

Respond if you like but I won't be replying past this post. This thread has been hijacked enough in my opinion. Good luck to you and your child this season.

Kind regards,

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Signed,
The rest of us!

Dear Mr/Mrs. Anonymous,

I'm sorry my posting bothers you. I'm also sorry you feel it makes me look stupid. I don't usually post anything on BOTC - there isn't really a need to say much here. However, either you or one of your other "Anonymous" friends started calling another poster "goalie dad" as if to insult that person. Since I am the actual father of the goalie you're talking about, I wanted to set the record straight. Being a "goalie dad" is not an insult. It is a complement. Thank you. I appreciate your complement.

Respond if you like but I won't be replying past this post. This thread has been hijacked enough in my opinion. Good luck to you and your child this season.

Kind regards,

Must say after the other poster refered to CR retweeting you, I checked (trolled) your twitter.... Get a life dude.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Signed,
The rest of us!

Dear Mr/Mrs. Anonymous,

Kind regards,

Thank you, thank you, thank you. Now if you would shut up the rest of the time at practice and games and stop kissing Mr. Spallina's behind, that would almost make you bearable.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Both girls play 2024 boys bracket. Yes, the YJ 2025 girls did very well on Saturday winning 7 of 8 games in the 2024 bracket.

Signed,
Actual Goalie Dad.

Sorry, I'm late to this thread. There are 2 2025 YJ girls that play in a 2024 91 boys team?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Signed,
Actual Goalie Dad.

Too bad it wasn't a 2024 bracket, goalie dad. You played two teams made up mostly of 2nd graders and mostly all others were 3rd graders. one team had 4th graders, but if it helps you justify the massive amounts of money you spend at YJ to think you beat all older kids, good for you. Also, all parents heard you screaming at your kid to "shut up, get on the field and do what you're told"! class act! Most normal parents who heard you wouldn't go near YJ bc of you.

Sorry, I'm late to this thread. There are 2 2025 YJ girls that play in a 2024 91 boys team?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Signed,
The rest of us!

Dear Mr/Mrs. Anonymous,

Kind regards,

Thank you, thank you, thank you. Now if you would shut up the rest of the time at practice and games and stop kissing Mr. Spallina's behind, that would almost make you bearable.

lol now we no your just a troll.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Signed,
Actual Goalie Dad.

no 2025 boys. but not for long I bet.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Signed,
The rest of us!

Dear Mr/Mrs. Anonymous,

Kind regards,

lol now we no your just a troll.

unfortunately for me that's not the case.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
damn, check out the dude's twitter. It's scary, nightmare dad I'm sure. Take two minutes, CRs retweets and you'll find it easy.

Your daughter is 8, take it easy. She'll burn out. And leave Spallina alone, the rest of us parents will thank you.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
damn, check out the dude's twitter. It's scary, nightmare dad I'm sure. Take two minutes, CRs retweets and you'll find it easy.

Your daughter is 8, take it easy. She'll burn out. And leave Spallina alone, the rest of us parents will thank you.

Unfortunately every team has someone like this. They one on our team is so close that if the coach suddenly stopped they would need the jaws of life to pull him out of her a..!

To Goalie Dad, probably best thing to do is de- register and fade back into anonymous land. No doubt you are proud of her and enjoy watching her play, been there and done that but you are irritating the other parents and your daughter will be much better off. Nothing good is coming from your posts plus you have a long journey ahead and there will be many twist and turns in the road. Besides if she becomes the goalie god you hope there will be no need to boast about it, everyone will know who she is.
As far as playing with boys, probably not the brightest thing to do as the boys get older. Boys physically develop much quicker and the last thing you need is pumpkin to take a very hard shot to an unprotected area, she may never want to get back in the cage.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Unfortunately every team has someone like this. They one on our team is so close that if the coach suddenly stopped they would need the jaws of life to pull him out of her a..!

To Goalie Dad, probably best thing to do is de- register and fade back into anonymous land. No doubt you are proud of her and enjoy watching her play, been there and done that but you are irritating the other parents and your daughter will be much better off. Nothing good is coming from your posts plus you have a long journey ahead and there will be many twist and turns in the road. Besides if she becomes the goalie god you hope there will be no need to boast about it, everyone will know who she is.
As far as playing with boys, probably not the brightest thing to do as the boys get older. Boys physically develop much quicker and the last thing you need is pumpkin to take a very hard shot to an unprotected area, she may never want to get back in the cage.

He will not listen, he is just a dope.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The guy is a freak, it's great your involved, but taking a picture of your daughters butt and posting about it on twitter about it in any way and posting is borderline sick.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The guy is a freak, it's great your involved, but taking a picture of your daughters butt and posting about it on twitter about it in any way and posting is borderline sick.

From hero to zero, hopefully from your silence you have learned an important lesson. You really should start to let your wife take your kid to all her lax stuff, at least for this season. Because wondering if everyone is talking behind your back will be rough. At least this season it will be.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard