BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,579
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 15 of 77 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 76 77
Re: High School Lax Boys
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are there any games today?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Another blanket statement with No factual information. Your opinion on why kids attend St Ant's is just that. Your opinion.
No one cares.....
My son is academically and athletically talented,does not live close to St Ant's and is having a great experience at St Ant's.
BTW,was also accepted into Chaminade as well as another private Catholic
Please don't make assumptions,they make you sound very ignorant.

Haha, keep pretending! Trust me, education sub par. Teachers working there could not get jobs in public, so they took what they could for 1/2 pay. FACT!

You are mentally disturbed, FACT. My niece is an ND grad with honors, went to St. A's and chooses to teach there. Please, just stop already. BTW my son goes to public school, a very highly rated one. Many of the teachers there are tenured, lazy, union malcontents... That my friend is a FACT!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Another blanket statement with No factual information. Your opinion on why kids attend St Ant's is just that. Your opinion.
No one cares.....
My son is academically and athletically talented,does not live close to St Ant's and is having a great experience at St Ant's.
BTW,was also accepted into Chaminade as well as another private Catholic
Please don't make assumptions,they make you sound very ignorant.

Haha, keep pretending! Trust me, education sub par. Teachers working there could not get jobs in public, so they took what they could for 1/2 pay. FACT!

You are mentally disturbed, FACT. My niece is an ND grad with honors, went to St. A's and chooses to teach there. Please, just stop already. BTW my son goes to public school, a very highly rated one. Many of the teachers there are tenured, lazy, union malcontents... That my friend is a FACT!

If the teaching is so great, why do half the kids have to hire public school tutors? I'm sure there are a few good teachers there, but the fact is most were not hired at publics, so this was the best they could do. Would rather my son go to a school where the teachers are certified. Sports are good there, academics, not so much. If so, they would have a decent amount of AP scholars, or an IB program, or a kid that places in a nationally recognized academic contest. These rarely, or never happen at ST. A, but do a regular basis at the better publics. Dem be da FACTS! St. A lax will not beat any of the better publics this year, and will loose badly to Cham, so why bother?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow its true lacrosse really is rought with pompass a##%holes, now I undersand.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
GC may have a few tough years ahead. Given their strength over the last decade everyone wants to pounce on them for a bad couple of years. I give them credit. No matter their talent level, good or bad, they always play a tough schedule and don't duck anyone. They always play some really good teams out of conference. Rather than sit back with an easy schedule and breeze through with padded stats and record they take their lumps but they get better as the season progresses.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes agreed GC loses its share of kids to Chaminade but how many are lax players. 4-5 are on Varsity team now tops and of those who are seeing the field 1 -2. But how many towns have the system in place that GC has starting at 6-7 yr olds. How many leave GC because of other factors like not getting a fair chance to play because of their last name. I heard it is so bad one kid actually is at St Anthonys. If you are willing to travel to St Anthonys from GC every day it must have been bad.
I guess time will tell. the season will go on. If they keep losing this blog will get real interesting.

Many families send their sons to Chaminade and St. Anythony's for reason other than athletic playing time. If the kid is going to St. Anthony's it has nothing to do with lacrosse or another sport - it must have to be the academics. Nobody in their right mind would schlep that far for lacrosse.

St. Anthony's is not a good academic school. FACT!
days who

days me LOL

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are you kidding me. There is only 2 reasons to go to St Anthonys and they are you live close by or you were recruited to play a sport. You do not go to St Anthonys for academics. Just look at the Building. When the Under Armour sign is bigger than the school name it tells you they are not about the academics

Exactly! Don't forget the affluent boosters that give mega bucks to athletics, merely because they drove past the school.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are you kidding me. There is only 2 reasons to go to St Anthonys and they are you live close by or you were recruited to play a sport. You do not go to St Anthonys for academics. Just look at the Building. When the Under Armour sign is bigger than the school name it tells you they are not about the academics

Exactly! Don't forget the affluent boosters that give mega bucks to athletics, merely because they drove past the school.

Why the interest in the Catholic schools.. If your son is good enough to play in college they will get noticed . You don't need to play in the Catholic league. It's a two team league and the rest of the teams just fill out the schedule. Some parents know their kids would struggle being the big fish in the small pond so they go to the top Catholic school teams to get the help their kids need. Some kids have the ability to lead on their own others need to be guided. Not a bad thing. Just need to know your own kid

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My kid goes to WM and plays lax and we are happy with our choice. Good school and generally competitive athletics. We didn't choose to live in the district because WM had a strong lax program, we chose because we liked the house, the neighborhood and the education the district provided...

We know people within the district that send their kids to chammy and St As...the families we know that have made this decision did so for may reasons, but mostly because they wanted the religious education and chose between the two based upon many factors including the commute their kids would make to and from. From what we have heard, both are excellent catholic schools with excellent academics and also happen to have strong athletic teams.

For the life of me I cannot understand why any of you need to insult either St A or chammy. If you are happy with your school (again, we are happy with WM) why would you need to put down another school or claim that academics aren't good? As far as strength of schedule for lax, both chammy and St A go out of their way to play tough competition out of league. In fact, I would argue-as a WM parent-that chammy has perhaps the toughest schedule around. They make a point to play all the top publics and many top baltimore privates.

Why do you care enough to come on here and put down either school? You really need to look in the mirror and figure out what in your life is so bad that you need to come on this lax site and talk about the academic quality of either school...

Also will say, we went to watch the chammy/WI game last saturday since WM plays both shortly. Parents of both teams were of course cheering and of course would complain about this call or that call, but in general, very respectful. Not any obnoxious people...well done parents.

for the St A people, i suggest you just ignore the obnoxious poster, as soon as he/she realizes you cant be bothered responding to stupid rants, the foolishness will stop...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My kid goes to WM and plays lax and we are happy with our choice. Good school and generally competitive athletics. We didn't choose to live in the district because WM had a strong lax program, we chose because we liked the house, the neighborhood and the education the district provided...

We know people within the district that send their kids to chammy and St As...the families we know that have made this decision did so for may reasons, but mostly because they wanted the religious education and chose between the two based upon many factors including the commute their kids would make to and from. From what we have heard, both are excellent catholic schools with excellent academics and also happen to have strong athletic teams.

For the life of me I cannot understand why any of you need to insult either St A or chammy. If you are happy with your school (again, we are happy with WM) why would you need to put down another school or claim that academics aren't good? As far as strength of schedule for lax, both chammy and St A go out of their way to play tough competition out of league. In fact, I would argue-as a WM parent-that chammy has perhaps the toughest schedule around. They make a point to play all the top publics and many top baltimore privates.

Why do you care enough to come on here and put down either school? You really need to look in the mirror and figure out what in your life is so bad that you need to come on this lax site and talk about the academic quality of either school...

Also will say, we went to watch the chammy/WI game last saturday since WM plays both shortly. Parents of both teams were of course cheering and of course would complain about this call or that call, but in general, very respectful. Not any obnoxious people...well done parents.

for the St A people, i suggest you just ignore the obnoxious poster, as soon as he/she realizes you cant be bothered responding to stupid rants, the foolishness will stop...

Listen Ms. Thoughtful, no one cares about what you think! Milquetoast....

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thank you. Excellent post. Also, thank you WM for sending the best players to come out of your town in the past 10 years to St. A's (boys and girls) and a girls coach. Enough with the venom, if you don;t want to send your kid to a catholic school don't send them.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thank you. Excellent post. Also, thank you WM for sending the best players to come out of your town in the past 10 years to St. A's (boys and girls) and a girls coach. Enough with the venom, if you don;t want to send your kid to a catholic school don't send them.

Best Players? ..... Did you forget that WM was rated best team in the country 3 years ago, and more recently produced two of the top recuits, All Americans Buccaro Bruckner?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If GC played a soft non-conference schedule like most teams. would you think they were great? Say what you will, but it's undeniable that they don't hide and are competitive in every game regardless of the roster. They won back-to-back state titles as recent as 2012-2013. It's impossible to win championships every year in any sport (Yanks, last World Series 2009?) As far as the 'pipeline' is concerned, their JV team hasn't been able to find a team that can come within 10 goals of them. You are terribly misinformed. It may be a bit premature to call for the demise of GC lacrosse.

GC lost again today. Like I said earlier could be starting season 0-5 before getting first win. Offense is pathetic. Someone needs to tell coach when you are losing and there is only 6 min left in the game you need to go to the cage not work the ball around 5 times before getting a shot. But then again he doesn't have the talent like in the past so he actually has to do some coaching. Going to be a long 3 years in GC before things turn around. Nothing in the pipeline.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If GC played a soft non-conference schedule like most teams. would you think they were great? Say what you will, but it's undeniable that they don't hide and are competitive in every game regardless of the roster. They won back-to-back state titles as recent as 2012-2013. It's impossible to win championships every year in any sport (Yanks, last World Series 2009?) As far as the 'pipeline' is concerned, their JV team hasn't been able to find a team that can come within 10 goals of them. You are terribly misinformed. It may be a bit premature to call for the demise of GC lacrosse.

GC lost again today. Like I said earlier could be starting season 0-5 before getting first win. Offense is pathetic. Someone needs to tell coach when you are losing and there is only 6 min left in the game you need to go to the cage not work the ball around 5 times before getting a shot. But then again he doesn't have the talent like in the past so he actually has to do some coaching. Going to be a long 3 years in GC before things turn around. Nothing in the pipeline.

GC will be competitive in their conference because of the tough games they play out of it. I could name a few teams that play a weak schedule just so the do nothing coach can pad his wins. I guess they think no one sees what they are doing. The real shame is the team does not improve and the result is usually one and done in the playoffs. The idea is to make the players better to get them playoff ready. GC is one that at least gives their players the best shot.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
GC won back to back titles before they quietly encouraged parents drink the GC 34 kool aid. Those State Champ teams were loaded with players who played for very good club teams from FCA to Express, fl$, Outlaws etc.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
go play for a club team then...Coach will play the best kids..all coaches will...Do you think they want to lose? You are a moron...Stay off this site please

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
GC won back to back titles before they quietly encouraged parents drink the GC 34 kool aid. Those State Champ teams were loaded with players who played for very good club teams from FCA to Express, fl$, Outlaws etc.

Please clarify "GC 34"
And what team is next for GC?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
why do you care abt GC34 if you are not involved...You are like a toddler wanting to know what someone else is talking about....Go away...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is an open public discussion isn't it? Is it a secret? Not looking for trouble at all. You seem very defensive so i have to assume the GC34 thing is an embarrassment to you. Never mind. Move on to something else.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
its the lesser copycat program / effort of Manhasset 32. Trying to keep up with the Jones'...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's really about money and control!!!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You are all still very vague. No idea what GC 34 is or Manhassett 32.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thir "town only" year round travel programs. the numbers are in honor of past residents/players. 32 does a better job of leeting the kids playu outside and together. GC's is stricter in term of play town only or you are out... as a result they lose a few of their better players each year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The only way the "lets have all the good local players play travel together full time" thing works is if it happens organically. Meaning that it starts out from genuine and original interest from the boys and the families. It isn't likely to work if it starts from the top and is sort of forced on the community.

In many respects, having the kids play at different places can benefit the HS program. Kids learn from different coaches and teammates, and can stay happy and motivated. Also allows different kids to get more reps in some situations, instead of sharing time with future teammates.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That is embarrassing, now I know why you didn't want to elaborate. Just add it to the list of overall embarrassment I guess.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You are all still very vague. No idea what GC 34 is or Manhassett 32.

Town travel teams. What rock do you live under?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes it is. You have to play for town team or else. Unless you are that good he NEEDS YOU not the other way around. In other words you have to line his pockets. Shame because it also allows so called coaches to tell your kids what position they should play when they are 8 and are stuck in that position for the rest of their time in GC. If he wasnt in it for the money then he would be honest with some of the kids and tell them they will not make the team before taking all that money in the winter from the parents and then cutting the kid. YES GC has cuts. I blame the parents for allowing it. Maybe losing a few games will wake them up. Playing a tough out of conference doesnt always make you better but will get you hurt. Lets see

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Some great game on the docket for today
Li
Quot v Nport
Cold spring Harbor v Syo
HHHW v Calvert
SE V HHHE
WM V Sachem N
Lindy v Floyd

west
Hen Hud v Pville
Yorktown v Mahopac (Mahopac lost to Nport by 2)

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thank you for the explanation. Ignore that other D-bag

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes it is. You have to play for town team or else. Unless you are that good he NEEDS YOU not the other way around. In other words you have to line his pockets. Shame because it also allows so called coaches to tell your kids what position they should play when they are 8 and are stuck in that position for the rest of their time in GC. If he wasnt in it for the money then he would be honest with some of the kids and tell them they will not make the team before taking all that money in the winter from the parents and then cutting the kid. YES GC has cuts. I blame the parents for allowing it. Maybe losing a few games will wake them up. Playing a tough out of conference doesnt always make you better but will get you hurt. Lets see

Why so bitter? Did things not work out for your son as planned?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hhe great game - i think not - blown out - they are not very good
Li
Quot v Nport
Cold spring Harbor v Syo
HHHW v Calvert
SE V HHHE
WM V Sachem N
Lindy v Floyd

west
Hen Hud v Pville

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Li
Quot v Nport
Cold spring Harbor v Syo
HHHW v Calvert
SE V HHHE
WM V Sachem N
Lindy v Floyd

west
Hen Hud v Pville

I think Calvert Hall scheduled the wrong Hills team. 19-3 ?, way to represent Section 11. I think Brentwood would have played it closer.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hahah. I guess it isn't 91.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Li
Quot v Nport
Cold spring Harbor v Syo
HHHW v Calvert
SE V HHHE
WM V Sachem N
Lindy v Floyd

west
Hen Hud v Pville

I think Calvert Hall scheduled the wrong Hills team. 19-3 ?, way to represent Section 11. I think Brentwood would have played it closer.

Suffolk A! Toughest league in the country.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Li
Quot v Nport
Cold spring Harbor v Syo
HHHW v Calvert
SE V HHHE
WM V Sachem N
Lindy v Floyd

west
Hen Hud v Pville

The 8th grade early recruit (commit) had 6 & 4 in his first High School Game.
10 points in his first ever varsity start. Could you imagine what he would do against lesser competition.
He plays in Suffolk A, the toughest league out there.
His 8th grade club team would beat many of the teams in the league.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Li
Quot v Nport
Cold spring Harbor v Syo
HHHW v Calvert
SE V HHHE
WM V Sachem N
Lindy v Floyd

west
Hen Hud v Pville

10 points in his first ever varsity start. Could you imagine what he would do against lesser competition.

Exciting. How old is he?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Li
Quot v Nport
Cold spring Harbor v Syo
HHHW v Calvert
SE V HHHE
WM V Sachem N
Lindy v Floyd

west
Hen Hud v Pville

North Bab is hardly top competition. His travel team plays tougher competition. Will be fun to watch Bay Shore play WM, Quot, WI, and the Stowns. Those are the tough ones!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Li
Quot v Nport
Cold spring Harbor v Syo
HHHW v Calvert
SE V HHHE
WM V Sachem N
Lindy v Floyd

west
Hen Hud v Pville

C'mon man. It was against Longwood. They recruit half the team out of gym class. He is obviously good player, but putting up 12 points on Copaigue isn't something too brag about.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Minor note, but thta was his second game and he netted a few in the first game as well.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Worked out great for my kid. He did not play for GC and is at the college he wants to be at and playing ball. All good.

Like all towns certain people take control but in GC it is at a whole other level. But ask yourself why a few years ago when they started their Town travel A teams was it run by Maverick. Was it so the money did not go directly to certain people. Then when they realized the amount of money that could be made they made changes and called it GC 34. Very original considering Manhasset 32.

Page 15 of 77 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 76 77

Link Copied to Clipboard